Important Issues for next AMA

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Flapjackson.1596

Flapjackson.1596

Since Anet reads over the forums I thought it’d be productive to address what people thought were important issues that never got addressed in the first AMA. If they do end up doing these more frequently (which would be a great idea), what do you want answered? In no particular order some questions I never saw responses for were:

1. Build Templates
2. Improving the Rune/Sigil System especially for legendary armor
3. Bringing back older skins like Fused/Zodiac
4. The poor supply of mystic coins

Abaddon: Fallen God of Water, Secrets, and Dance Battles
In Vino Veritas

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

1 – Build Templates? Never used it in GW1 and doesn’t bother me to not have it in GW2
2 – Improve rune/sigil system? What system? Been playing since head start and have yet to add any to anything … matters not to me what they are
3 – Bring back older skins? Does not bother me since I don’t buy them …….
4 – Poor Supply of Mystic Coins? Really? I think I have sold 1,000 of them since the start of the game if not more.

None are important to me … maybe important to you
Don’t try to speak for everyone

Flapjackson.1596

Well the skins one is certainly lower on some people’s lists, hence the no particular order, but as you might have read I am asking for people to give their questions, not saying that I have narrowed down 4 issues that everyone in the whole game agrees with. As far as build templates and the legendary armor issue with runes these are both prevalent concerns to my knowledge. Please share your issues as well.

In Vino Veritas

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

The only two important issues for me are:

1. The Experience Problem and Masteries.

2. The Raid Content Gate.

I’m fine everywhere else.

Flapjackson.1596

Ah I forget about the experience issue! Definitely an area I’d like to see as well. Repeatable reward tracks seem like a nice idea for fixing useless exp, as well as maybe allowing core exp to go to HoT masteries after finishing core masteries since HoT masteries are growing in number.

In Vino Veritas

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

1. Build Templates

1. Nice to have. However, it shouldn’t work on the fly in WvW. If you want to change template you have to be inside any of your taken towers or keeps, camps not included. Why not on the fly in WvW? Because it’s going to be “abused” and especially those who can stealth and run away like Mesmer and Thief. Creating rather un-fun situations.

2. Legendary armour doesn’t interest me too much, because having a single armour set that can change whatever type of stat you want whenever you want, and to include runes AND sigils on to that? It really removes a lot, and gives too much freedom in that sense.

3. Can’t give a crap about paid skins from gemstore. It’s horrible as it is.

4. Haven’t thought about mystic coins at all.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

1 – Build Templates? Never used it in GW1 and doesn’t bother me to not have it in GW2
2 – Improve rune/sigil system? What system? Been playing since head start and have yet to add any to anything … matters not to me what they are
4 – Poor Supply of Mystic Coins? Really? I think I have sold 1,000 of them since the start of the game if not more.

He’s not speaking for everyone, he’s listing his own personal issues and encouraging others to think about what they would have as questions for an AMA.

1) Older skins, I’d go with

2) Build templates, for sure

3) Mystic coins….50/50 here. Maybe because I suddenly need so many it’s a new issue for me

4) Any development progress on LS1. This is big for me as it is a gap for my alts, but also is a huge story problem for the game and is probably massively off putting for many players.

5) Easy mode for raids. I’m actually not bothered about such a thing existing, but I am interested in their thoughts on it either way.

6) GW2 merchandise. This was briefly heavily pushed on the forums as a suggestion thread by Gaile once, but never went anywhere. I’d love more things like the Shatterer statue etc.

7) Why has underwater been so heavily culled? No new skins via BL. No combat balances. Virtually no new content beyond an almost empty tunnel under TD, which was brimming with potential for exploration and secrets to find stuff in.

That would be my list to see addressed via an AMA

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

He said that those were questions he did not see answers for. That is not speaking for everyone.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Just my personal interests:

1. Making some use of the experience gained after completing masteries.

2. The progress on making the visual nerfs optional and bringing back the original visuals, as promised by Colin.

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

1- Bring back SAB
2- Restore the VisualFX back to the original before the Visual nerf bat.
3 – Living Story Season 3

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

Not sure if this one is important to many but it is to me:
- upgrades to the player music system

Little red Lioka

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I think one of the most important topics we can discuss, as a community with the developers, is difficulty level. Is there a place for ultra difficult encounters in open world? What would they look like? Is the current game difficult enough/too difficult/just right? How can they improve the 5 player instance experience? Should raids offer something across difficulty levels/for varying player skills? What kind of achievements can offer difficulty scaling in LS instances? Which should and should not be required for ascended level rewards?

The other topic I think they have to cover is, of course, World vs World. By their own admission, it isn’t where it should be. I’m sure more visibility and a frank discussion between players and developers would be appreciated.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

1. Build Templates

1, Build Templates where great in GW1, I would love to see them in GW2, clearly you would need to be out of combat to change them but yes still, in WvW for those who are concerned it could maybe be made that you do indeed need to be in the home base to change them on the fly, but then I don’t change builds a lot in WvW or find I need to change skills much ( maybe leave this update to PvE )

2, I personally think that when you unlock a sigil/rune it should be permanent so that you can select it on the fly from the weapon, granted you have to add each sigil etc to each weapon, but those who play the sigil/rune market will be up in arms as there prices will plummet, the current sigil/rune setup means that people are very unwilling tor change them up as they cost a lot to replace, hence META builds.

3, I never use the market skins, they have no interest to me, as most of them should have been added in game to collect, not via $$$$$$$ greedy greedy.

4, The mystic coin issue will never affect anyone who does not make Legendary’s anyone else who does will know the issues here, the fact they are now 30s each, says there is not enough of them ingame, a way to fix this is to either change the CLOVER RECIPE so that you make the CLOVERS without RnG, this would bring better balance but as Anet loves RnG the issue around clovers will continue to get worse, when they release the next batch of Legendarys you will see clover prices push towards 50-60s each unless Anet does something about the supply.

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

1. Mega server system with HoT participation reward system fix.

Band Aid fix would make the participation system cross server ip compatible for all HoT maps. Auric is a complete nightmare, because the priority of doing Pylon events is becoming cumbersome. People either do the octo-meta then leave the map for dead or just go around doing hero points. A more complex fix would bring back the bloody district system from GW1.

2. Daily system needs more variety for each game mode.

I loved the old system, before we got the mobile game equivalent of log-in/out to get rewards. However can we perhaps have 2 to 3 more types of dailies pulled from the old system. Jumping puzzles and Dungeon for PvE would be at the top of my list for those.

Everything else I believe people have touched on here or was talk to some degree with the developers over the last AMA.

EDIT:

3. Make the GW2 official forums more user friendly for the developers.

Honestly I want this stop being the excuse of: “we don’t really want to use the official forums because the format is awful.” I mean a couple of my favorite indie game developers have changed and updated their own forum format multiple times. Yet a company that has 300-plus people with a budget quadruple that of those small development companies can’t prioritize it, and higher someone permanently to fix the “broken system.” Even when those indie companies utilize a bunch of other social/media outlets. They still strive to use their official tools (including their official forums) first to get their main message across.

On a side note I still find it depressing the people with so much tech background can’t adapt. Compared with those with little to no tech background that can post on these official forums just fine. So hats off to you good people who at least try to post on these forums; even with the so called “awful format” we have here.

(edited by Sindex.9520)

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

He’s not “speaking for everyone”. He made a list of things that matter to him and asked for input from others.