Important thing: particle effects options

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

I think the time has come (from the start of the game, I guess) to add a couple options to adjust particle effects details. It’s no secret that in battle of 4-5 players with single monster it turns into a glowing spot. The simplest solution (and joy for our delicate eyes) will be adding the option that lets us adjust the number of simultaneously displayed effects of “hit” other than those that player deals. Untill to completely disable of them. This gives not only a cosmetic effect but also a practical. Since many melee players simply can not see the animation of some bosses and mobs on massive battles, what follows the impossibility to undertake anything.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

What do you mean? It’s totally easy to see what’s going on in this screenshot! [/sarcasm]

Seriously, yes, this is something that’s been requested many times before and I still wish they’d implement more choices for us regarding controlling how many particle effects we see.

Attachments:

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Frankly, to completely fix this they will need to do a complete remake of the whole system, which is obviously not gonna happen. Because, it’s not only about control of how many particles we see, it’s also the fact that the size of those particles depends on the size of the mob/boss/player model, so it’ also an engine’s issue/feature. But the most important factor is art style. They went for this muddy, sort of watercolor painting stylization and it turned out to be a very bad decision in case of particles, the particles are quiet greasy themselves just because of the style, but when it’s also combined with quantity and size of them, and most importantly when polish all that kittening kitten with bloom from post processing… well you get exactly that kittening nightmare we currently have in this game.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

I would like to be able to turn off other player’s graphic effects, especially just these things that offer no combo options or no other positive effects (like healing from a healing spring) for me.
If that is not possible than I would like to be able to turn off all player’s graphic effects (including those benefitting me) except those from my party.
And if that is still not possible just let me turn off ALL other player’s graphics effects.

What I want to see is
a) my own lovely graphic effects
b) the boss’s graphic effects
c) other non-player graphic effects which I need to see like the red circles on the grounds or whatsoever

Thanks.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

MMOs have to ‘remake the system’ quite often as new graphic cards come out with new possibilities. The long lasting MMOs constantly upgrade their graphics over the 10 years they want to run. Everyone who plays the game knows that the graphics flare should be fixed but yet we’re all still waiting for it.

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

Frankly, to completely fix this they will need to do a complete remake of the whole system, which is obviously not gonna happen.

I also wouldn´t be surprised if further options for effects would simply be limited by how the GW2-engine works – as this was discussed before and we received only a general option which doesn´t do much.

And I really wonder how Anet will perform in designing raid-encounters if they aren´t even able to give us such options – which I would consider as “must-have”-basics for raids.