Improve Character Creation, Please!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

I always jumping to mmo after mmo just for character creation!!

But in the end I always come back to gw2 because they have awesome pvp

SPVP MOBA AND WVW was awesome!!

Please add more faces in character creation!! body sliders!! etc!!

You need to know how important is character creation!!

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Ever considered Sims or Skyrim?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

This might be a stupid question but are you aware that there is a little arrow on the right side of the window that allows you to choose from more default faces, and that there are a whole series of sliders that let you customise the defaults?

I know to some people it’s obvious, but I’ve encountered quite a few people over the years who didn’t know about one or both of those options (or other things in character creation like the ability to hide your armour or change the lighting) and it makes a huge difference to how much you can customise your character.

And if you are aware of those could you give us some examples of things you’d like to see added? Other than older female faces on humans and norn I feel like we’ve got a really good selection and I can make my characters look however I want.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

More faces is available in the ingame makeover kits.

Character creation remain “basic” for two reasons:
- Its the same creation process that f2p accounts use.
- Anet want your $$$.

TL;DR
Give Anet your $$$

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Maybe you don’t know this but they’ve put an NPC in Lion’s Arch and in places like the Royal Terrace where you can see all the options available, including all the faces, hairstyles, hair colors and eye colors added since launch. You can preview and use sliders to your heart’s content without buying a kit whenever you want.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Toasa.1236

Toasa.1236

Lets be honest, the best Charakter Creation in the World has Black desert Online.

Posted by: Paralux.6714

Paralux.6714

Lets be honest, the best Charakter Creation in the World has Black desert Online.

Can’t agree with that. I was expecting something spectacular but got very disappointed when trying it out. The varieties of faces you can create is extremely limited. It might seem good when you try it because it has so many options, but tbh all characters end up looking very similar to each other, even more so than in GW2, which, in my opinion, has a very good character creation.

And to OP: you can change the default faces quite much with the facial sliders. I agree that they could add a few more faces, but until that take your time when using the makeover-kits. Some faces can be made to look completely different from their default version.
Body sliders is a complete No-No for me. The existing options are good enough!

m e s m e r <3

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Sure, then when you go ingame you will see that everyone look 99% identical and have one of 5 armor sets.

“Best”.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Anet would do best on it, if they make more of the race limited faces and hairstyles ect. more accessible for all other races as far as possible

In regard of the character creation system of GW2 – it’s sub optimal, it delivers just a mediocre experience in regard of what is all today nowadays possible with current technologies and those that exist already and were used in older games than GW2.

GW2 in general could require an overall overhaul to its character creation and rework to improve it and to increase the diversity a player has with it through adding more features to it, because lets face it, the options that we have accessible, the whole thing is still the very old 2012er creation kit.

Anet has done in the whole 4 years nothing to improve the creation kit in itself, they only added consequently new face and hairstyles, new hair and eye colors. but nothing else substantial than that have they ever done until today, when they could have done with that part of the game so much more to improve it and to make the whole thing more immersive and depthful.

For an example – why is it so that just only “Norn” should be able to have “Tattoos”?
Is there somewhere some unwritten lore rule or anything that forbids a human in this game world to have tattoos too, or a charr to have some burnt and colored into their fur?

There are games out there, older than GW2, which have better and more immersive character creation systems, but the point is, Anet doesn’t care, it’s not on their to do-list of priorities and this since 4 years, tendency increasing.

They do only the absolute very least thats needed in regard of adding new hair styles, colors ect. to give us players at least somehow the impression, that they don’t totally ignore that part of the game – why? Because they can make naturally money from it through adding every now and then some new styles that can be bought indirectly through the gemstore.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Sure, then when you go ingame you will see that everyone look 99% identical and have one of 5 armor sets.

“Best”.

My thoughts exactly. x)

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Sorry, I couldn’t find the “kitten Beefy Dragon-Cat” option in BDO.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Black Deserts character creation is actually an illusion. It’s horrible with very limited options, especially if you’re a male (gender locking is the worst thing you can do in an MMO). GW2 actually has more body-type diversity and face options than it without the fancy “puzzle piece” sliders. They could do for a good UI polish though with better lighting (hard to tell how human skin colors will truly look in-game), bigger windows and the inclusion of gem store options being previewable when making new characters.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Or the “don’t send me to jail for this ranger” character age slider.

GW2 peeps may sometimes look youngish, but I don’t feel like it’s illegal to play them. Also, Charr. <3

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Sonic the Hedgehog.5169

Sonic the Hedgehog.5169

Champions Online has the best Character Creation. Cryptic Studios are the ones who has a mega wide selection of costume parts and stuff.

And oh yea Star Trek Online also has the best Character Creation too.

Sonic’s the name, speeds my game!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/jgensFl.png[/img]

(edited by Sonic the Hedgehog.5169)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Or the “don’t send me to jail for this ranger” character age slider.

GW2 peeps may sometimes look youngish, but I don’t feel like it’s illegal to play them. Also, Charr. <3

Well technically my Sylvari is a four year old. ;o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Sonic the Hedgehog.5169

Sonic the Hedgehog.5169

Black Deserts character creation is actually an illusion. It’s horrible with very limited options, especially if you’re a male (gender locking is the worst thing you can do in an MMO). GW2 actually has more body-type diversity and face options than it without the fancy “puzzle piece” sliders. They could do for a good UI polish though with better lighting (hard to tell how human skin colors will truly look in-game), bigger windows and the inclusion of gem store options being previewable when making new characters.

Or the ability to buy exclusive from the Makeover kits directly for the Character Creation at the vary start.

Meaning you buy the kit and it willl consume it after your done. No need to like skip through the creation screen to buy a kit in game and change.

Sonic’s the name, speeds my game!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/jgensFl.png[/img]

(edited by Sonic the Hedgehog.5169)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Or the ability to buy exclusive from the Makeover kits directly for the Character Creation at the vary start.

Meaning you buy the kit and it willl consume it after your done. No need to like skip through the creation screen to buy a kit in game and change.

I’d have to wonder if that would put new people off, being hit with extra charges for additional character appearances before they’ve even made their first char. They won’t know that those are not original but added later after launch. All they’ll see is the game asking for more money and locking away customization before they can even start for no good reason.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: SlateSloan.3654

SlateSloan.3654

i think the tool is bugged as i saw people with faces, haircuts and haircolors i cant choose in the tool they are just not there. anet must repair it soon is a long time bug now

let me entertain you

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

i think the tool is bugged as i saw people with faces, haircuts and haircolors i cant choose in the tool they are just not there. anet must repair it soon is a long time bug now

There are faces, styles and hair colors that are only available in Makeover/Style Kits. This is by design, and is why you see characters with options not in basic creation.