Improving the Infusion system

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

So I was thinking instead of our current system where every new infusion overwrites your old one, we should be able to add their effects. Best explained on an example:

- You have 1 piece of ascended armor and a craftable +5 Infusion on it.
- Now what I suggest is that: if you wish to increase it to +6, you could craft/buy from TP another +5 and add it to the same piece and the system would count those two like it does in Crafting Stations resulting in a +6 infusion

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

Removes a big reason to buy upgrade extractors and hurts gem sales.
When will you people learn, if they can’t make money off it, it’s not worth their time.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

So I was thinking instead of our current system where every new infusion overwrites your old one, we should be able to add their effects. Best explained on an example:

- You have 1 piece of ascended armor and a craftable +5 Infusion on it.
- Now what I suggest is that: if you wish to increase it to +6, you could craft/buy from TP another +5 and add it to the same piece and the system would count those two like it does in Crafting Stations resulting in a +6 infusion

Two reasons we won’t see this:

1. They sell extractors in the gemstore to do exactly what you want.
  2. Not grindy enough.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Removes a big reason to buy upgrade extractors and hurts gem sales.
When will you people learn, if they can’t make money off it, it’s not worth their time.

So how do you explain the free introduction of the account wallet, freeing up tons of bank space for many people?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

I don’t think “it hurts gem store sale” is a good reason enough. More sales come from Makeover Kits and whatnot then those upgrade extractors and they know it.

Still if you haven’t learned so far, if there are enough supporters fo the idea ANet will eventually listen to the players.

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~