Improving the LFG tool

Improving the LFG tool

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bohantopa.5729

Bohantopa.5729

The LFG Tool has been out of beta for a while now. So far I only noticed one change between beta tool and now: the window does not say “beta” anymore.

While the tool is quite useful I believe there are some ways to improve it:
- Split “Open World Content” into local and global. Local would only be visible across all megaservers but only in the same map (ie, every person in any shard of dry top would see the same posts in Local World Content). Global would be visible everywhere (just like Open World Content currently). This would allow to post taxis to tequatl/sw/drytop/whereever and other locally bound groups in a local channel where they dont compete in visibility with the other events. Other posters (looking for leveling partners, jumping puzzles, achievement help) could still post globally.
- Change fractal channels to 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, so that the channels are identical to the level span in which different daily chests are available. This would reduce some player confusion.
- Allow browsing of other channels while having a lfg posted. Currently if a player has posted a lfg which takes a while to fill it is not possible to look for other groups he/she is interested in.
- Allow the window to be kept open while porting/zoning. Some players might be looking for groups while doing other stuff. If they port somewhere the window gets closed and they have to hit u -> press on lfg -> open channel category -> select wanted channel. Another possibility would be for the game to remember what was last selected in the contact window (i.e. you check on groups for ac, close the window, if you now hit u or the contact button the window will automatically open to the ac channel)
- Show full text for other groups on mouseover even if you are in a group/dungeon, below their text add the currently shown message in red. (even better, always show full text without mouseover. Enforce a max of 3 lines)
- Allow whispering by right clicking a players symbol.
- If Gw2 is in the background, have the icon flash (and maybe play a sound) if someone joins your lfg.

One thing that might be asked in here I’m against:
Enforced filters of the type:
- AP (not really a measurement of skill just of investment into the game. Also this would lock out secondary accounts)
- Class/Lvl (locks players out of seeing lfgs they are interested in just because they are on an alt. Could be added if the filters checks the whole account instead of just the currenct char.)