In Game Marriage system

In Game Marriage system

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

And how does Anet know the two to be wed in-game are married out-game? I would totally “marry” my alt accounts to get the benefits you mentioned.

This sounds like a big headache for Anet unless it is no more than a title.

In Game Marriage system

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

And how does Anet know the two to be wed in-game are married out-game? I would totally “marry” my alt accounts to get the benefits you mentioned.

This sounds like a big headache for Anet unless it is no more than a title.

If you want to marry your alt accounts more power to you.

I’m saying that a marriage feature should be designed with features for actual couples and have features that make sense for them. Whether you’re actually a couple IRL is irrelevant.

In Game Marriage system

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

What’s relevant are the mechanics involved. Is this a permanent joining? What happens when there’s a relational break? What happens when one side professes a faithful union just so they can clean out the victim’s account?

You see features, I see nightmares for Anet.

Leave it as a roleplaying thing.

In Game Marriage system

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

What’s relevant are the mechanics involved. Is this a permanent joining? What happens when there’s a relational break? What happens when one side professes a faithful union just so they can clean out the victim’s account?

You see features, I see nightmares for Anet.

Leave it as a roleplaying thing.

Anet could always sell prenuptial agreements in a bundle with the marriage license, with forced disclosure of both account’s assets thru the use of a public API key.

/s

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.