In Game Support - Even supported?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Esreyr.6304

Esreyr.6304

Hi ANet. Can you please tell me if in-game support is just something which is ignored or do people actually check it?

I made a mistake in grossly underestimating the cost of making Ascended Armour. Cost to craft was going to be >1000 gold instead of ~300 gold. This was something I was hoping someone could help me undo after I started crafting and saw the I needed WAY more Jeweled Damask Patches than I thought.

It has been almost a week and I haven’t heard anything.

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

Account support like that isn’t handled directly in-game. If you had clicked on the Contact Support button, it would have taken you to the Support link like you see at the top of this page. From there you should have clicked “Submit a request” at the top of that page, and filled out the relevant information.

If you had done all of this, then you would have received an emailed automated reply which states your ticket number. That would have happened almost immediately upon the ticket’s creation.

If all this sounds new to you, then I suggest you start the process now. Hopefully you’ll hear back from Support soon!

G R E E N E R

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You might not have noticed the statement on the in-game Bug Report window that states that submitting an in-game report will garner no response. As noted above, support is handled through the web-form accessed via the ‘Support’ links above/below.

Can you not sell the items you have gathered/crafted? I’m not sure if the CS Team can help with something like this….

Good luck.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

You’re welcome to contact support about the issue (the in game bug reporting tool is not what you should be using, as it’s not a bug, nor will you get a reply), but you didn’t buy the wrong item. You made a mistake with your math, and it cost you. They can’t really “take back” what you bought, especially if you bought it off the TP. Someone made that gold. They shouldn’t have to give back the gold because you changed your mind. Most crafting materials can be used in something else.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Depending on what point of crafting you’re in, it might be better to backpedal, do a core stat ascended armor (pick the one with a cheapest insignia), then change it to the stat you want through the Mystic Forge recipe. For HoT stats it significantly reduces cost of crafting.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Esreyr.6304

Esreyr.6304

Thanks for the help. I’ll give that a go.
Yes, I was trying to do a HoT recipe, I’ll look into using the Mystic Forge, but will I not still have to craft the insignia… the expense piece?

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Yes, I was trying to do a HoT recipe, I’ll look into using the Mystic Forge, but will I not still have to craft the insignia… the expense piece?

All you need is the exotic insignia to change the stats in the forge. It’s way cheaper.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Forge stat transitions are done with the exotic insignias, not ascended, so it isnt as expensive as crafting HoT sets outright.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I seriously doubt customer service can do anything to help undo user error like this. Heck, I wouldn’t be surprised if they had rules specifically stating they can’t help you undo crafting that you used all of the game tools to do, that worked as they were intended to work.

Think about it. What if that gets out? I can claim I made a “mistake” crafting stacks on an item as soon as there’s an economic downturn and its no longer profitable.

Unless there was a bug in the crafting system itself I doubt they can(or should) help you fix your mistake.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ