In a distant future...

In a distant future...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

… when Guildwars 2 gets its remake with a better engine and tighter storytelling, I want to go the the Grove at night and hear the Avatar of the Pale Tree singing this song while all Sylvari slowly join in.

In a distant future...

Posted by: Gambit.8425

Gambit.8425

Yep, even the soundtrack is eventually bound for a rehash.

In a distant future...

Posted by: Rialen.1524

Rialen.1524

Wow, I’d probably start tearing up at the beauty of that scene, but I doubt gw2 would ever get so far.

@Op, what does your signature mean? Been wondering since last I saw it.

In a distant future...

HHR LostProphet.4801

Well… some players who post on these forums leave the impression that they’re worshipping flawed facts or beliefs. “To hail” (which is illegal in modern Germany btw.) is a reference to the third reich and the kitten regime and describes that some are obedient to something without questioning it. That’s how “All hail stupidity” is born. I simply get the feeling that there are players on the forums who believe blindly in their “facts” without questioning them or players that don’t like their “facts” to be questioned.
And the second part is my main account, which got banned from these forums.

And on the future of GW2: It’s unlikely but one can still dream…

(edited by HHR LostProphet.4801)

In a distant future...

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

“To hail” (which is illegal in modern Germany btw.)

Can you explain that a little more? I’ve never heard of this, and I’m curious exactly what is illegal? Seems like an interesting tidbit…

ikr? Just take a look at player morale.

In a distant future...

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Guild Wars 1 has been going for about 10 years without an engine remake.

In a distant future...

HHR LostProphet.4801

“To hail” (which is illegal in modern Germany btw.)

Can you explain that a little more? I’ve never heard of this, and I’m curious exactly what is illegal? Seems like an interesting tidbit…

ikr? Just take a look at player morale.

“to hail” is this gesture: https://emptysuit.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/504842c.jpg
It is illegal in Germany because it is a direct reference to A. Hitler and it expresses that the person who “hails” is obedient to him.

However I use this term in a more metaphorical way. Many people in Germany trusted Hitler blindly without questioning his intentions or methods. I’m using this reference to express that some people follow their beliefs blindly without questioning them.
This however doesn’t mean that I equate them with people from the third reich or that I think that they believing in their flawed facts is as bad as the germans believing in Hitler. I just want to express that those people aren’t questioning the things they treat as facts.

In a distant future...

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Ah, gotcha. Wasn’t sure if it was the gesture or saying the phrase or what — I’d never heard of a gesture being illegal before (though it’s easy to understand why in this case). Thanks for enlightening me.

On topic, yeah, that’s certainly not an inaccurate way to look at these forums…

In a distant future...

Posted by: BlueBoy.1236

BlueBoy.1236

They really need to add interactive object where you can sit, sleep, or whatever if they’re planning to release the next installment of guild wars. And yes this is also my favorite gw2 ost

In a distant future...

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Well… some players who post on these forums leave the impression that they’re worshipping flawed facts or beliefs. “To hail” (which is illegal in modern Germany btw.) is a reference to the third reich and the kitten regime and describes that some are obedient to something without questioning it. That’s how “All hail stupidity” is born. I simply get the feeling that there are players on the forums who believe blindly in their “facts” without questioning them or players that don’t like their “facts” to be questioned.

Hail

verb (used with object)
to cheer, salute, or greet; welcome.
to acclaim; approve enthusiastically:
The crowds hailed the conquerors. They hailed the recent advances in medicine.
to call out to in order to stop, attract attention, ask aid, etc.:
to hail a cab.
verb (used without object)
to call out in order to greet, attract attention, etc.:
The people on land hailed as we passed in the night.
noun
a shout or call to attract attention:
They answered the hail of the marooned boaters.
a salutation or greeting:
a cheerful hail.
the act of hailing.
interjection
(used as a salutation, greeting, or acclamation.)
Verb phrases
hail from, to have as one’s place of birth or residence:
Nearly everyone here hails from the Midwest.
Idioms
within hail, within range of hearing; audible:
The mother kept her children within hail of her voice.

While the third reich did have a salute that might be known as a hail (though is more usually rendered in English as “heil” with an ‘e’), it’s certainly not among the most usual usages of the word. It only occurs as such in very specific circumstances. The most common time I hear the word “hail” is for “hailing a taxi.”

Saying “all hail X” is a type of acclamation that is well-known in English, and often used sarcastically, but has absolutely no connection with the third reich at all.

In a distant future...

HHR LostProphet.4801

Hail

verb (used with object)
to cheer, salute, or greet; welcome.
to acclaim; approve enthusiastically:
The crowds hailed the conquerors. They hailed the recent advances in medicine.
to call out to in order to stop, attract attention, ask aid, etc.:
to hail a cab.
verb (used without object)
to call out in order to greet, attract attention, etc.:
The people on land hailed as we passed in the night.
noun
a shout or call to attract attention:
They answered the hail of the marooned boaters.
a salutation or greeting:
a cheerful hail.
the act of hailing.
interjection
(used as a salutation, greeting, or acclamation.)
Verb phrases
hail from, to have as one’s place of birth or residence:
Nearly everyone here hails from the Midwest.
Idioms
within hail, within range of hearing; audible:
The mother kept her children within hail of her voice.

While the third reich did have a salute that might be known as a hail (though is more usually rendered in English as “heil” with an ‘e’), it’s certainly not among the most usual usages of the word. It only occurs as such in very specific circumstances. The most common time I hear the word “hail” is for “hailing a taxi.”

Saying “all hail X” is a type of acclamation that is well-known in English, and often used sarcastically, but has absolutely no connection with the third reich at all.

Well, “Heil H***” is a quote strongly connected with the gestureand the mindset and if I look up “heil” in my trusted dictionary, it is translating heil with hail. That’s why I’m using this term. You’re right too, I’m not that confident with the english vocabulary, but I think this is the closest I can get to the opinion I want to convey.
Not to mention that the acclamation would also fit.

In a distant future...

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Guild Wars 2 uses the GW1 engine, just heavily modified. So if you think they are ever going to add a new engine, it is very unlikely considering that they didn’t even write a new engine for the game and instead just used an existing one.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

In a distant future...

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

The feels with that song! Chills, chills, so many chills…

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU