In game Items Icons are just messed up

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

There lots of item that don’t even have their “unique” icon, even some precursor like dusk has a generic looking icon.

Mystic weapons icon also showing wrong colour which is more appropriate for CoE dungeon weapons. CoE dungeon weapons icons are more suitable for SE dungeon weapons.

Even some armor like exotic duelist set doesn’t have its own icon unlike the other exotic set.

This makes the game feel unfinished for me…

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Precursor weapons are not unique skins. Using generic icons for them is perfectly fine. The off color mystic weapon icons do feel a bit sloppy, but you have to keep in mind, all those icons take up space. Icons get recycled in order to save space. I suspect it’s just like the issue with ranger pet names not being saved because of storage space issues.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

Precursor weapons are not unique skins. Using generic icons for them is perfectly fine. The off color mystic weapon icons do feel a bit sloppy, but you have to keep in mind, all those icons take up space. Icons get recycled in order to save space. I suspect it’s just like the issue with ranger pet names not being saved because of storage space issues.

Have you even seen any precursor in game? I guess not. They are all have unique skin which other weapons don’t have. The Colossus(hammer precursor) has its own unique icon for example. The Hunter(rifle precursor) has its own unique skin(tybalt’s rifle) but has a generic rifle icon.

They even put some new icons with halloween weapons and armors skin.

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

(edited by Sentinel VX.1392)

Quarktastic.1027

Have you even seen any precursor in game? I guess not. They are all have unique skin which other weapons don’t have. The Colossus(hammer precursor) has its own unique icon for example. The Hunter(rifle precursor) has its own unique skin(tybalt’s rifle) but has a generic rifle icon.

They even put some new icons with halloween weapons and armors skin.

The Colossus uses the same icon as the Magmaton hammer. Leaf of Kudzu uses the Verdant Longbow skin. None of the precursor weapons are unique.

But that aside, my point still stands. Icons take up space. So they get consolidated and recycled in order to save space. It happens in every MMO, some are worse off than others.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Daizengar.9836

Daizengar.9836

Are you seriously arguing that its alright for all these items have the exact same icon as a lv 5 bronze crafted item? I understand things like Magmaton and Colossus sharing the same icon, but seeing ‘The Hunter’ with the same icon as a Lv5 Mighty Bronze Rifle is just stupid.

Quarktastic.1027

Are you seriously arguing that its alright for all these items have the exact same icon as a lv 5 bronze crafted item?

Yes. Because none of the items mentioned have a unique skin. If you’ll notice, truly unique items (dungeon armor/weapons, legendaries, etc.) do have unique icons. It’s also possible some of the icons are placeholders for icons that will be added in the future.

-BnooMaGoo.5690