In game vote every important contest happens

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

Something similar to that from gw1, when you voted who will win and gained points to echange for zaishen keys.

I’m not really interested in esports championships, but I would at least be interested in names of those who are in favor for winning.

I suggest black lion keys or black lion scraps or points that would allow us to exchange for those. Maybe just gems?

In reality I’m interested with free stuff w/o in lazy way, but maybe it would give a bit of popularity to it too?

Vote npc in heart of the mists.

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Add an ingame spectator mode to that so everyone can follow the matches ingame isntead of Twitch and the number of spectators would skyrocket. Something like what we had in GW1.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Why?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I think the OP is talking about an old GW1 system in which people would guess who would win PvP tournaments. If you chose the winner, you’d get (if I recall correctly) faction points, which in turn, could be exchanged for something of value, e.g. Zaishen keys (i.e. the GW1 equivalent of champ bags). The exact mechanics aren’t important, the main elements were:

• Guess the tournament winners, with each player getting one free guess (and allowing the purchase of extra guesses).
  • Correct guesses are rewarded, using some sort of in-game currency.

It could be a fun (and relatively cheap) way to generate additional community interest in the PvP tournaments of GW2. Seems to me it would also fall under the e-sports=cheap-markets-for-GW2 strategy, meaning it would end up having relatively little impact on the game itself.

Interesting suggestion, OP (even if I had trouble understanding what you meant at first).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

I think the OP is talking about an old GW1 system in which people would guess who would win PvP tournaments. If you chose the winner, you’d get (if I recall correctly) faction points, which in turn, could be exchanged for something of value, e.g. Zaishen keys (i.e. the GW1 equivalent of champ bags). The exact mechanics aren’t important, the main elements were:

• Guess the tournament winners, with each player getting one free guess (and allowing the purchase of extra guesses).
  • Correct guesses are rewarded, using some sort of in-game currency.

It could be a fun (and relatively cheap) way to generate additional community interest in the PvP tournaments of GW2. Seems to me it would also fall under the e-sports=cheap-markets-for-GW2 strategy, meaning it would end up having relatively little impact on the game itself.

Interesting suggestion, OP (even if I had trouble understanding what you meant at first).

Thanks, that is exatly what I meant to say. Except I would not alow extra quesses, rather quessing on each part of tournament: q, semi-finals, final or all matches in semi-finals and final. Maybe additionaly player/s with the highest amount of points and kills.

@Bunji Yep, I tough: live and recorded matches only from tournaments in game to watch would be ok, they would have players in game and watching their esports in the same time.

For other matches existing spec mod is enough and recording it would just make much garbage data.

Whatever to would decide it will be nice if they implement it smootlhy.

(edited by Mem no Fushia.7604)