In my opinion, GW2 is dying

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

First off, let me state that I love this game, but I am also not afraid to be critical of it. Let’s face it: Guild Wars 2 is dying already.

• Activity is nowhere near what it used to be. Guilds (besides very large guilds of 475+) are slowly collapsing from inactivity. I understand that the intent is that dying or small guilds can merge with others for those who want to successfully do guild missions and other events, like dungeons or fractals, but here’s the thing: guilds are very unlikely to merge because there is no built-in mechanic for this. In order for guilds to merge, one guild literally has to give up all of their progress, influence, merits, unlocks, their guild name, and hard work for nothing. If there was an option for guilds to merge, while actually merging unlocks, influence, deciding between one of the names, etc., this would be much easier for guilds to do, if that’s really what Anet is after.
  • Dungeons are failing miserably. If by “making AC more fun” they really meant “force people to not play AC, unless you want to join a level 80 group that goes for the best group composition”, then they’ve done a fantastic job. I remember when there used to be LOADS of people outside of the dungeon along with guild banner buffs. I did an AC run with guildies the other day, and when we finished the dungeon, there was not a single person outside of our party by the entryway. Really shows how they’ve killed AC…..now people only run CoF p1 (Mostly “full zerker, 4W1M or GTFO” groups) or FotM, which even those get dull after a while.
  • Final personal storyKilling Zhaitan...well, let's just say we can tell you were in a rush to finish the end of the story and leave it at that. If you were hoping to get players to feel very disappointed after climaxing through the rest of the game, you've done a great job.
  • Living Story… It’s a great idea, but I’m going to be honest with you, Anet…it sucks. There’s very little content involved in the living story, and what is there is utterly boring. The sooner you realize this, the better.
  • PvP…I believe Anet is focusing way too hard on PvP right now, especially when even that is dying. Yes, I understand some things need urgent nerfs and such, but don’t neglect other aspects of your game then. Also, don’t make PvE players suffer from PvP nerfs. I’m glad you’re finally realizing that there needs to be a split between balancing PvE, WvW, and PvP.
  • User-friendliness: This is a very broad topic, so I won’t cover much, but things like key-bindings and guild interface needs a lot of improvement still. I mean honestly, if I accidentally have a typo in my guild’s message of the day, why do I have to completely retype the whole thing without at least being able to copy/paste my old one?
  • Many other things as well…I found this video, despite it’s awful cheesiness, to point out actually great points and I really believe you should listen to them, Anet.
    Wake up Anet, your game is starting to die. It’s a great game and it’s a lot of fun, but people are just plain running out of things to do and reasons to keep them involved of the game. I know a lot of my guild will be moving to ES:O when that comes out…can’t say for sure whether I will as well or not, but if you want to keep people in your game, you need to start listening to them and giving your players what they actually want.

Guild Wars 1 was great…I don’t see why so many of the good things from GW1 are missing from this game.

Edit: What I mean by “dying” simply this: Activity is decreasing. I don’t think really anyone can argue with that.

(edited by The Eternal Grace.3157)

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

Wake up Anet, your game is starting to die.

Unfounded claims of the game dying: Check.
Claims that GW2 isn’t as good as GW1: Check.

Its like a pattern in every kitten ‘complaint’ thread. All I’m missing is ‘whar trinity whar’.

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

AC still is quite fun. Much harder than before though.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

The Eternal Grace.3157

Its like a pattern in every kitten ‘complaint’ thread. All I’m missing is ‘whar trinity whar’.

• 1 – I believe activity is a large role in whether or not a game is dying. If half of my guild is going inactive, as well as every single other guild that I’ve talked to as well (like I said above, except 475+ guilds) have been drastically losing activity, that’s a sure sign of a game dying.
  • 2 – Another sign, as pointed above, is dungeon running. Hardly anyone runs dungeons anymore compared to what it used to be, and I don’t really think you can argue with that. I don’t count people sitting in Lion’s Arch afk dancing with their fractal backpiece and legendary as being active.
  • 3 – I never said GW1 was, or is, better than Guild Wars 2. I said there are amazing aspects of Guild Wars 1 that were never included in Guild Wars 2, and it is a shame that some things they did right in their first game, they completely messed up in their second.

Please, do read the post before commenting on it. If you can read all of that in less than 30 seconds after I post it, hats off to you, but when your comment doesn’t make sense with what I wrote, anyone can tell you didn’t.

The Eternal Grace.3157

AC still is quite fun. Much harder than before though.

It is still pretty fun, I’m not arguing that. It’s just obviously being done by many many MANY fewer people than there were before.

The Eternal Grace.3157

Posts like these also support my thread…

Like I said, I love this game, and I don’t want to see it die, but I’m being realistic here.

Posted by: Sophie Lone.8576

Sophie Lone.8576

The game has its problems but I feel that you are taking it a whole step further then what it is and over exaggerating the problems and the fact that the game is “Dying”. The game is still very much alive as I am in one of the lowest population servers in the game and its still hoping. There might be a drop in activity in some places but since this game has an absence of a subscription fee, players can play or take breaks when they please. Arena Net is working very hard to fix lots of the problems that are in the game at the moment and I personally think the game was rushed into release and that is why lots of the problems are here in the first place. Give Arena Net some time, let them learn from there mistakes, and STOP saying its dying cause its not at all.

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Thread will probably be deleted, but wanted to say that AC is not a hard Dungeon at all, and the reason people flock to CoF1 is that it’s too easy vs everything else int he game, AC or not. Many people still do AC-compare its population to Arah or even CM. Obviously enough, you will see most people wanting to do CoF 1 because it grants the biggest rewards for the least effort, not because AC is now “too hard.”

Any player that is scared of doing AC anymore just overreacted to the new level of difficulty. It’s very hard to fail on it, and ragequitters will always quit, regardless Dungeon.

Posted by: Lafal.9472

Lafal.9472

I’m certainly not speaking for everyone here. But my entire guild quit after a month or two. We all spent thousands of hours in GW1, playing in the same guild for 5 years and really looking forward to the sequel. It was just not what any of us were expecting.

I really wish this wasn’t the case, though. I want to enjoy it and I try but it’s just not the same. Granted, a sequel should not just be the same, but there’s not a single trace of Guild Wars left in the game.

The Eternal Grace.3157

STOP saying its dying cause its not at all.

As I said before, I call lowered activity counts as a good measurement for dying. If activity is decreasing (which from everything I’ve seen, it definitely is), then it’s starting to die. I’m not saying they can’t come back from this, they just need to start working on things that people actually care about.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

The games population has been declining since Nov-ish. Not a surprise considering thats the route most mmos take.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

GW1 was not an mmorpg so to compare it to GW2 is a bit wrong. See the major thing about mmorpg is limitation of open world maps GW1 did not have to deal with that so there was a lot more you could do all be it a bit unimaginative in that GW1 could of been a full action rpg game but it was the stander “turn base” like game. GW2 IS an mmorpg that has major open world events where you can have 100+ ppl in one zone (WvW i think its 300 ppl at one given places) and it still near action mmorpg that just simply impressive. The base game is good and its only going to get better in time but TIME is something player do not like to give these types game. “I want it now at any cost and if it not the exactly way that I think it should be then i will quit.” (all you can say i will stop paying for it because you DONT pay for anything but the first bit for the game).
So put the game down for a month or 3 games like GW2 even GW1 where not made to be played every day with out any other games alone with it. This is no “WoW owning your life type game” so play any of the countless single player games that has what you want.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

The card game Magic: the Gathering was first published in 1993. People have been claiming the game is dying for 20 years. The folks at Wizards of the Coast laugh about it every time they cash their paychecks.

These threads are meaningless rumormongering.

(edited by tolunart.2095)

The Eternal Grace.3157

Thread will probably be deleted, but wanted to say that AC is not a hard Dungeon at all, and the reason people flock to CoF1 is that it’s too easy vs everything else int he game, AC or not. Many people still do AC-compare its population to Arah or even CM. Obviously enough, you will see most people wanting to do CoF 1 because it grants the biggest rewards for the least effort, not because AC is now “too hard.”

Any player that is scared of doing AC anymore just overreacted to the new level of difficulty. It’s very hard to fail on it, and ragequitters will always quit, regardless Dungeon.

True, but overall less people are running AC, and I don’t believe these people migrated to CoF. I’m sure some did, but I know CoF has been being farmed since essentially release. I never claimed that it’s “too hard”, though, because I don’t think it is, but the fact remains that less people are doing it now compared to before.

The boss in P2 is ridiculous, though…completely boring and takes too long, especially with a group that doesn’t know what they’re doing.

Fernling.1729

The card game Magic: the Gathering was first published in 1993. People have been claiming the game is dying for 20 years. The folks at Wizards of the Coast laugh about it every time they cash their paychecks.

Terrible example.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I would say they don’t have "no meaning’, the meaning is to try to convince people the game is, in fact, dying or falling apart. Because if more people start to think “wow, that guy is right…” then it stops being rumormongering and start being a correct prediction.

Also google: “Mojang goes Bankrupt”.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

The Eternal Grace.3157

GW1 was not an mmorpg so to compare it to GW2 is a bit wrong.

Some people disagree with that…I am one of them. It wasn’t directly an open-world mmorpg, but it was definitely still there. I mean really…mmorpg stands for what? “Massively multiplayer online role-playing game”, correct?

• Massively – There were large number of players who played – check
  • Multiplayer – You formed parties and guilds and achieved things with them – check
  • Online – check
  • Role-playing – Well I was playing a character I created, so – check
  • Game – check

If it isn’t an mmorpg, what was it? GW1 is definitely comparable with GW2 in many aspects, especially user interface and such, which is mostly what I was referring to anyway.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Terrible example.

Not really terrible. Everyone I grew up playing the game with no longer do, and I certainly stopped playing. However, the game still is going with new crop of newbs to show off my Enduring Renewal Loop Deck to

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

tolunart.2095

I would say they don’t have "no meaning’, the meaning is to try to convince people the game is, in fact, dying or falling apart. Because if more people start to think “wow, that guy is right…” then it stops being rumormongering and start being a correct prediction.

If it ever actually works, then I won’t call it meaningless

Fernling.1729

Terrible example.

Not really terrible. Everyone I grew up playing the game with no longer do, and I certainly stopped playing. However, the game still is going with new crop of newbs to show off my Enduring Renewal Loop Deck to

He is basically saying that MTG had the will to survive 20 years even though people said it was dying and that means the same will happen with GW2. They just can’t be compared like that.

The Eternal Grace.3157

If it ever actually works, then I won’t call it meaningless

I’m not trying to convince anyone anything. I’m pointing out facts that obviously others see as well. If you’re too offended by my obvious points, don’t read the forums.
Play you’re beautiful, lively game that people are so active in (not including yourself, since you’re on the forums anyway, I suppose).

The Eternal Grace.3157

Just because some people still play a game doesn’t mean it isn’t dying. What I mean when I say it’s dying is simply what I said in my post: Activity everywhere is decreasing. Of course there’s going to be those people who still have things to do and want to play, but whether you like it or not, activity in the game has definitely been decreasing.

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

It’s okay to be critical of the game.

But why does so many people feel it’s necessary to throw in the “Game is obviously dying” statement? To lend some semblance of credibility to your criticism? (Game is dying → my opinions that certain things are broken obviously are correct.)

Air out your criticism by itself. If it’s well written and well thought-out, it will stand by its own merits, without you having to resort to this “Game is dying” hoolaboo.

Posted by: Legend.6941

Legend.6941

We have a smaller guild on anvil rock, mostly pve related, and its slowly growing.

As a game ages, players tend to drift onto new games, become bored, etc. everything has a lifespan, but new content, expansions and other goodies can revamp a game. Personally I still play because I love the graphics and leveling professions, but everyone enjoys a game differently.

Now that much of the ’it’s new and shiny’ has drifted on, we’ll see more specific types of player bases emerge (pvp/pve dungeoners/levelers/etc). I’m not sure it’s dying so much as evolving.

Star Ace.5207

STOP saying its dying cause its not at all.

As I said before, I call lowered activity counts as a good measurement for dying. If activity is decreasing (which from everything I’ve seen, it definitely is), then it’s starting to die. I’m not saying they can’t come back from this, they just need to start working on things that people actually care about.

-Your experience is anecdotal, though. I have since an increase in the population (not my Guild, but the total game population as seen in most areas of the game) increasing, not decreasing, since last Winter. Yep, it’s my experience vs your experience,but yours is not more valid than mine. I think there was a population decline somewhre before December (probably late October/early November) but the game seems rather healthy population-wise in comparison right now.

-Your last sentence… what you care about isn’t necessarily “what people care about”, which is the problem with the thread (no offense) to begin with. Your Guild’s needs and preferences of your dear friends are not necessarily what’s “best for the game”, though I am sorry many of your guildies already left.

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

Every MMO is declared dead by someone before, after and during it’s life cycle. GW1 has been an every developing game since launch, I remember coming back to play after a two year hiatus and the game looked and felt very different when it first launched. Stating the game as is, which is an easier and more approachable (devouring all the concepts and content at a logical pace) then it was when it first launched. Not a single solitary thing you have stated, nor do I have any right to call mine in any regard as well, as facts. It’s called fluctuation, there is never going to be a point where any game has a continuous growth of players or maintains a steadfast amount, ever. It’s one of the more entertaining things to read when people say WoW is dying when they lose a million subscribers, only to jump right back up when new content or expansions release. When content gets better, the numbers increase and going around saying it all sucks doesn’t help your dead guild one bit.

Your points are almost all subjectively opinionated, which doesn’t help your claim at all.

1- Given that you can join any number of guilds without recourse, and since there’s not true (besides leaderboards, but they can be deceiving) way to track membership logins. The game was structured to be a pick up, play and put away for another day structure.Time sinks are only time sinks if you force them upon yourself, so someone who’s actively playing to get that elusive legendary and armor set won’t effect the player who doesn’t feel they need to have that gear and can play at their leisure, be it once a day or once a week. No power curve, no force to push you to keep playing to be on an even playing field with the current raid tier, no reason to stress. Play when you want.

2- AC isn’t dead, just look at the gw2lfg website/smartphone app. CoF has been, for the longest time, the best reward for time ratio and that’s why you’ll find more players wanting to farm it over other dungeons. Doesn’t mean they’re dead. The changes AC didn’t extend the length of the dungeon, but it didn’t increase the cooperative nature necessary to fight and bring down bosses, which is why the trash mobs also die faster. They realize dungeons aren’t as exciting and are working on them, it’s a process.

3- It was the final stage of the personal story, what the heck did you expect. Granted, I haven’t done it in quite a long time, no idea how it fairs to it’s previous incarnations…but that’s your opinion, don’t make it sound like it’s a fact.

4- Blame yourselves, people whined the content was rushing by too quickly during holiday events and the Karka event and couldn’t make it in time for them. While the patches do feel a bit empty, it’s only empty if you ignore they are there. I run into the DE’s and sonic periscopes all the time. Only boring if you prioritize the content as such. I can easily argue how boring the entire game as a whole with your logic.

5- PvE and WvWvW has gotten plenty of love, now PvP gets a turn. They discussed awhile back (sorry I don’t have a source, I believe it was in one of their blogs during production) that they wanted to keep all aspects of the game tied so jumping between the different content didn’t feel so awkward. They tried, some success and some failures and to be honest, a split will help. The only thing they do need to introduce is a notification system to let first time players know there is a difference, so they won’t come on here whining when they realize that their powerful skills in zerg warfare don’t keep on par with PvP.

6- There are some things that need optimization, but if you fail at typing a message without reading it through before publishing, well, your literary teachers must sneeze a lot.

7- Many other things is not a good point. That’s like if I whined about stuff needing to be changed, because I don’t like this stuff. What stuff, you know…STUFF! You basically restated several points in the video! They have been working on content, changing the way content is delivered, adding welfare rares to world bosses, improving dungeons, improving on WvWvW, adjusting skill balances and communicating with the community. Of course you probably haven’t watched a “State of the Game” with the developers on Guru at all.

MMO’s fluctuate with their numbers, WoW’s numbers always drop before new content and expansions, always a joy reading how now the game is dying at that very second, only to jump right back up. GW2 continues to pump out new content and improve on it’s core design, for a flat price, that’s still worth every penny I paid for.

(edited by Acidicore.3264)

The Eternal Grace.3157

But why does so many people feel it’s necessary to throw in the “Game is obviously dying” statement? To lend some semblance of credibility to your criticism? (Game is dying -> my opinions that certain things are broken obviously are correct.)

Air out your criticism by itself. If it’s well written and well thought-out, it will stand by its own merits, without you having to resort to this “Game is dying” hoolaboo.

Maybe “game is dying” means something else to you than it does to me. I’ll change up in my post specifically what I mean by that, because a lot of people seem to be taking offense or something to this statement.

What I mean by “dying” simply this: Activity is decreasing. I don’t think really anyone can argue with that.

Star Ace.5207

But why does so many people feel it’s necessary to throw in the “Game is obviously dying” statement? To lend some semblance of credibility to your criticism? (Game is dying -> my opinions that certain things are broken obviously are correct.)

Exactly, if your needs are not being met, it doesn’t mean that everybody = you/your guildies- the game must not be dying becuase it may be “dead” for you and your friends, OP.

Ursan.7846

What I mean by “dying” simply this: Activity is decreasing. I don’t think really anyone can argue with that.

When your evidence of “decreasing activity” is completely anecdotal…

Yes, yes you can. And the entire discussion will be pointless.

Star Ace.5207

Maybe “game is dying” means something else to you than it does to me. I’ll change up in my post specifically what I mean by that, because a lot of people seem to be taking offense or something to this statement.

I can-there’s more activity now than there use d to be at a certain point last year, though as aforementioned, it’s anecdotal experience vs anecdotal experience. ANet knows the truth.

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

My guild is growing day by day. It’s a f2p game, of course the player turnover is fast. You have to keep actively recruiting to keep a guild alive. Not an indicator the game is dying.

AC is just one dungeon. Its explorer mode used to be too easy, now it’s fun again. I still see huge crowds outside CoF for easymode runs there. That’s where your old AC crowd is now. Not an indicator the game is dying.

I agree about Zhaitan. Still nothing to do with the game dying.

The Living Story still isn’t finished, and I have a feeling the new dungeon content will be a blast. Also the crowds at the Living Story events have been huge with every installment. Not an indicator the game is dying.

PvP isn’t dying. I’ve never not been able to get a match, WvW very often has queues. Like you say Anet is working to balance skills separately which is only going to improve matters. Not an indicator the game is dying.

The UI could do with some more work sure, but it’s only minor issues. Not an indicator the game is dying.

I got one and a half minutes into that video to see that number 10 was complaining that GW2’s advertising wasn’t good. Sadly no sane person could cope with 38 minutes of what has to be my new number 1 in my Top 10 Excrutiatingly Annoying Youtube Presenters You Want To Catch Fire Whilst BBQing video.

As for ES:O. I was very interested until I saw the combat. It looks laughable compared to GW2. Clunky, slow, weapons never connect, slow, players are barely moving, stamina for attacks/blocking, slow, terrible animations… did i mention it’s slow?

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

The game has issues but hyperbole this blatant is just going to turn people off from even discussing those which is a shame.

Anyway, here’s my input for whatever it’s worth. The current cosmetic progression system sucks. I’d much prefer a model similar to DCUO in which you unlock skins over the current transmutation nonsense. Also, I’d love more skills. Make skills rewards for completing dungeons and give us some real character progression here.

tolunart.2095

He is basically saying that MTG had the will to survive 20 years even though people said it was dying and that means the same will happen with GW2. They just can’t be compared like that.

Wrong.

Every entertainment product, games and video games and tv shows and comic books, have people who declare that they are dying, dead, no longer relevant. But just because YOU don’t have an interest any more doesn’t mean that others aren’t interested. The products go on as they always have whether you are interested in them or not.

The Eternal Grace.3157

Your Guild’s needs and preferences of your dear friends are not necessarily what’s “best for the game”, though I am sorry many of your guildies already left.

At least 1/3 of our guild has left the game, 1/3 have become much less active, with only the last 1/3 actually actively playing the game.

I never said this post is about my guild or whether or not it’s “best for the game”, especially when I also mentioned that many other guilds I’ve talked to (all, actually below 475+) have been observing the exact same thing as I have. As I’ve reiterated several times, it’s one of many examples that show the game’s activity is decreasing.

The Eternal Grace.3157

It isn’t anecdotal at all when I have yet to hear someone in a guild that has less than 475 active members saying anything different, at least from my server, anyway.

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

nerf.. nerf.. nerf.. nerf....

It’s hard to get excited when every patch is just more nerfs.

I can see confusion getting nerfed, and perm stealth was BS, but most of the stuff that got nerfed was fine.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

Jski.6180

GW1 was not an mmorpg so to compare it to GW2 is a bit wrong.

Some people disagree with that…I am one of them. It wasn’t directly an open-world mmorpg, but it was definitely still there. I mean really…mmorpg stands for what? “Massively multiplayer online role-playing game”, correct?

• Massively – There were large number of players who played – check
  • Multiplayer – You formed parties and guilds and achieved things with them – check
  • Online – check
  • Role-playing – Well I was playing a character I created, so – check
  • Game – check

If it isn’t an mmorpg, what was it? GW1 is definitely comparable with GW2 in many aspects, especially user interface and such, which is mostly what I was referring to anyway.

So that IS a major different “It wasn’t directly an open-world mmorpg” there are just simply limitation you MUST deal with when it is an open-world game. Unless you want only the top end games able to play it.
The Massive part is more about playing in the same zone and the same time then just simply numbers of ppl playing it over all. In away we can call COD an Massive game by your view point but its not a true Massive game because you dont have 100+ ppl fighting in the same map/room.

Posted by: Benji.9203

Benji.9203

lmao

Posted by: IceBlizzard.1054

IceBlizzard.1054

“MY Guild and what I see shows this game is dying”

Another one of these. Seen this all before move along people nothing to see here.

Dragonslayer
GoF Commander

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

It isn’t anecdotal at all when I have yet to hear someone in a guild that has less than 475 active members saying anything different, at least from my server, anyway.

It actually is anecdotal. My server, and my guild alike, are growing which contradicts your observations directly. You cannot base your explanations off opinions.

You also have to consider the guild members “quitting”, did they really quit, or did they just lose interest in the guild itself and left it?

The game certainly has its own set of problems, but in no way is the game dying at all. People were saying the game was dying all the way back since November, and as far as I can tell, population has only increased since then.

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Xfire stats (for what they’re worth) as of April 29, 2013.

Total (xfire enabled) players:

League of Legends 98,955
 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 55,148
 Call of Duty 2 30,310
 World of Warcraft  21,965
 World Of Tanks 9,730
 Guild Wars 2 9,545
 Minecraft 8,733
 Dota 2 8,570
 Battlefield 3 7,745
 Star Wars: The Old Republic 6,158

By any definition, that’s a hit. Right between World of Tanks and Minecraft.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

tolunart.2095

I’m not trying to convince anyone anything. I’m pointing out facts that obviously others see as well. If you’re too offended by my obvious points, don’t read the forums.
Play you’re beautiful, lively game that people are so active in (not including yourself, since you’re on the forums anyway, I suppose).

ROTFL!

I’m not offended, far from it… I find these threads endlessly amusing. It’s wonderful to see such narcissism that a person thinks that just because HE doesn’t like the game any more, that it’s going to shut down any day now.

Anet excecutive meeting:

Oh, no! Some random guy on the forums quit the game! What can we do?

We can’t afford to lose him, he spent $20 on gems last month! Give him a free Twilight if he’ll come back!

That’s not enough, we need to keep this guy interested or everyone’s going to quit!

Ursan.7846

Do you know what anecdotal evidence is?

The Eternal Grace.3157

I’m not offended, far from it… I find these threads endlessly amusing. It’s wonderful to see such narcissism that a person thinks that just because HE doesn’t like the game any more, that it’s going to shut down any day now.

Anet excecutive meeting:

We can’t afford to lose him, he spent $20 on gems last month! Give him a free Twilight if he’ll come back!

That’s not enough, we need to keep this guy interested or everyone’s going to quit!

Obviously you failed to read the post. I still play and love to play, I’m saying dozens of players and myself have all seen activity decreasing.

Star Ace.5207

Negativity spreads like the plague, and people with more positive thoughts rarely come forward to say what they really believe on a guild chat littered with negativity-just how people work. “Oh it sucks it rained Yesterday, and it will be raning more today.” “Yeah, I hate it rains so much.” “And how about last week? more rain!” “I hate rain.” You usually don’t see a “wasn’t it sunny two days ago?” comment among that type of chat.

tolunart.2095

Anet excecutive meeting:

Obviously you failed to read the post. I still play and love to play, I’m saying dozens of players and myself have all seen activity decreasing.

You got me, I didn’t read it. I’m not even mildly interested in what you have to say. I’m speaking of these posts in a more general way, as at this point I’ve seen several hundred and they all are basically the same.

Jski.6180

League of Legends 98,955
 Call of Duty 2 30,310
 World Of Tanks 9,730
 Guild Wars 2 9,545
 Minecraft 8,733
 Dota 2 8,570
 Battlefield 3 7,745

Dam Minecraft and Dota 2 are that low odd they seem like wildly popular games.

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

I think op means his server is dying he forget that this game does’t run on 1 server :P

The Eternal Grace.3157

Do you know what anecdotal evidence is?

Of course: personal experience. Yes, there’s some “anecdotal evidence” included, but things such as dungeon activity (one of many things) has been obviously decreasing. It isn’t just me who notices this, and I’m not saying that the “game is dead.” I’m just advising Anet to actually listen the thousands of players out there trying to help them maintain their game.

tolunart.2095

League of Legends 98,955
 Call of Duty 2 30,310
 World Of Tanks 9,730
 Guild Wars 2 9,545
 Minecraft 8,733
 Dota 2 8,570
 Battlefield 3 7,745

Dam Minecraft and Dota 2 are that low odd they seem like wildly popular games.

Not everyone runs Xfire, whatever that is. So it only demonstrates popularity among people who have it.