In my view, the end game design is a huge problem

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tarrek.7436

Tarrek.7436

There are some serious problems with the current end game. The largest one is that the end game zone is dead. The zone that a player is supposed to go to at max level is DEAD. That is messed up!
The dungeons are just there for show because anyone who hasn’t played since launch or who had to take a break got left behind and now has no way of catching up. No one does dungeons and even Fractals is off limits because everyone is on 7 or 8 while the people who had to stop for even 2 small weeks are stuck on 1 with no one who will run them.
The only thing that works for the end game is WvW, and that is because it works at any level. As fun as it is, even that gets boring when it is the only thing that someone can do.

Posted by: Guitarzero.8316

Guitarzero.8316

the next patch should solve the 1-10 Fractals problem

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Try switching servers or find a good guild. I just finished map exploration of Cursed Shore, and there was no shortage of people. I don’t have problems finding a dungeon group either, and I have yet to do most of the storylines. I am level 3 for the fractals. Also no problems finding a group, mostly because my guildies like doing low level fractals for their monthlies.

I play on Desolation (EU)

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

gw2lfg for dungeons…

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

Orr is dead because everyone’s been filtered into the Fractals.

I suggest using gw2lfg.com for finding Fractals groups, you should have a much easier time.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

And, I echo the server transfer idea. I’ve done two server transfers since FotM emptied the open world on my server. With the opening up of all servers briefly around Wintersday I was able to transfer to Tarnished Coast. Orr is populated there and I haven’t found it difficult to do whatever I want there.. Keep trying and eventually you’ll be able to get into a full server.

Posted by: Tarrek.7436

Tarrek.7436

The problem with all these suggestions is that they shouldn’t be neccessary. I shouldn’t have to leave my guild and transfer servers to do a dungeon or look at some third party bs. When you develop a game and see a problem you fix it, not force players to go through hoops to do something.

Posted by: Olfinbedwere.5049

Olfinbedwere.5049

I normally don’t like “third party bs” either, but gw2lfg.com works extremely well. It hooks you up with cross server dungeon groups that fill really fast. You should really give it a chance, it’s changed the game for me.

Posted by: Drapar.1589

Drapar.1589

gw2lfg for dungeons…

all i see on gw2lfg are level 80’s.

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

gw2lfg for dungeons…

its pretty sad when you have to use an unofficial website to find groups in this game… instead of them having a built in LFG tool…

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

So let me get this straight.

No one’s in endgame zones. No one is in dungeons. No one is in fractals? Wow.

And really I love seeing people claim that it’s hard finding a group for low level fractals. Who do you REALLY think has a harder time finding a fractal group, you looking for level 1, or me looking for level 31?

Anet make Rev great again.

Olfinbedwere.5049

gw2lfg for dungeons…

I’m checking gw2lfg.com right now and see a fractals lvl 1 group “Anyone and everyone is welcome” tag. What dungeon are you wanting to run? Gw2lfg usually doesn’t specify lvls, if you are high enough to access the dungeon you’ll be welcome in any group that doesn’t specifically designate they want lvl 80s only.

Drapar.1589

gw2lfg for dungeons…

I’m checking gw2lfg.com right now and see a fractals lvl 1 group “Anyone and everyone is welcome” tag. What dungeon are you wanting to run? Gw2lfg usually doesn’t specify lvls, if you are high enough to access the dungeon you’ll be welcome in any group that doesn’t specifically designate they want lvl 80s only.

its kitten really , im lvl 59 halfway and on my way i havent done a single dungoens maybe 2 MAX.

we need a dungoen finder.

all i see is people running dungoen at 80 no matter what.

even at Gw2 LFG.

every AC EXPLO or higher is almost 80 required.

+ since im in a pvp guild it aint working that right.

Europe.

Not true, when i ask for invite they ask. * relog to 80?* then most of the time thye kick me.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

That’s complete BS, stop making stuff up.

I’m looking at Gw2lfg.com right now and out of the past 5 LFM posts, only one asks for 80s. And even then it just says “80s preferred”

I’m pretty sure you’re just looking for an excuse to complain.

Anet make Rev great again.

Olfinbedwere.5049

its kitten really , im lvl 59 halfway and on my way i havent done a single dungoens maybe 2 MAX.

even at Gw2 LFG.

Europe.

Not true, when i ask for invite they ask. * relog to 80?* then most of the time thye kick me.

An ingame lfg tool wouldn’t stop people being kittens. I would try starting my own lfg on the site and tag it for lvl 35+. I bet you fill a group in less than 20 min. If you’re willing to give it a shot.

Drapar.1589

even at Gw2 LFG.

Europe.

An ingame lfg tool wouldn’t stop people being kittens. I would try starting my own lfg on the site and tag it for lvl 35+. I bet you fill a group in less than 20 min. If you’re willing to give it a shot.

everytime im on the site i give it a try…

no one is whisping me or inviting me…

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

Just get to 80 then people won’t kick you.

A lvl 80 does far more for their group than your lvl 30 would, why would a group leader purposely cripple their group unless you were a friend or something?

I would run things like AC explore with lvl 30’s from the guild all the time, but if I was making a pug? Not a chance.

Posted by: helladoom.4317

helladoom.4317

gw2lfg for dungeons…

its pretty sad when you have to use an unofficial website to find groups in this game… instead of them having a built in LFG tool…

Actually GW2 does have a built in LFG tool.

But
1) it’s a bit hidden
2) it is just as disfunctional as lfg tools in most other RPGs ever since the mmorpg genre was conceived. *mumbles something about lack of innovation..

Posted by: oflow.2157

oflow.2157

I agree with the OP. Also, transferring servers doesnt help. If you play on any of the original high pop servers all the people that rushed to cap at launch are already on the fractal treadmill and dont goto Orr at all.

Combine this with the fact that newer 80s have a much more difficult time doing things since drop rates have been nerfed, DR returns added, and prices for items have gone up and GW2 has a lot of issues.

The game is fun and looks good, but things like one hit mechanics are just lazy/poor design. Either that or its done intentionally (which is what I think) to force people to spend real money in the cash shop.

I had pretty much stopped playing the game because of what the OP is talking about, but recently returned due to a friend wanting to play the game. My friend is new to MMOs and explaining these terrible mechanics to him makes him want to go play TERA.

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

But
1) it’s a bit hidden
2) it is just as disfunctional as lfg tools in most other RPGs ever since the mmorpg genre was conceived. *mumbles something about lack of innovation..

I think calling that….thing….a LFG tool is a disgrace to LFG tools, honestly. It’s even worse than GW1’s shouting match LFGs.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Posted by: edjahman.9104

edjahman.9104

Cripple the group for someone doing a level appropriate dungeon?

Posted by: Monarc.9726

Monarc.9726

I’m bored with endgame, Orr being dead is part of the issue, finding dungeon groups can be difficult, but honestly it’s just lack of progression for me. I know, I know… not a progression based game, but what I’ve realized after playing GW2, even as a casual player, I need at least some progression/reward to enjoy the hours spent on endgame.

Oh, and Fractals progression isn’t doing it for me, not in a raid-less game. Open world progression would have been better imo.

The playing for fun argument makes sense to me, until I realize that progression is a large part of the fun, long-term.

(edited by Monarc.9726)

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

You should have seen this game prior to November 15th, 2012. It was absolutely amazing. The difference in the tone of the forums, the population of the zones and the distribution of the players compared to how it is now, where everyone is grind grind grinding for their new gear in fractals, is almost unbelievable. :-\ It was this game’s attempt at recreating the SWG’s NGE patch (even down to the release date).

I have been playing MMOs since the late 90s, and have never experienced a game that was quite as enjoyable as pre-Nov 15th GW2 was. RIP

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

~ * in before mod closes thread* ~

The design was only flawed because the assumption they made before release is that Every. Single. Bit. of content has re-playability that gamers would want to go back to. They thought wrong, and kinda just fumbled on how to resolve it.

Now 6 months later they’re putting out a patch that is what I would call “the real release of GW2”…or closer to what it should have been on release. Perhaps I’ll make a thread about where the process may have gone wrong.

Posted by: QWACIT.9238

QWACIT.9238

I’m bored with endgame, Orr being dead is part of the issue, finding dungeon groups can be difficult, but honestly it’s just lack of progression for me. I know, I know… not a progression based game, but what I’ve realized after playing GW2, even as a casual player, I need at least some progression/reward to enjoy the hours spent on endgame.

Oh, and Fractals progression isn’t doing it for me, not in a raid-less game. Open world progression would have been better imo.

The playing for fun argument makes sense to me, until I realize that progression is a large part of the fun, long-term.

Exactly, MMO need Progression + Skill based + Skin’s. And im wondering, why there is no any weapon and armor sets like in Aion for example. It’s stupid and boring to buy all “sets” and sigil’s from BLTH. There are no challenges that would keep me in the game for longer. The game has a potencial but not used, is missing the thing…

Posted by: Lil Green Dragn.8049

Lil Green Dragn.8049

Oh, really :p where is it? Even if it’s not great, it’d still be nice to know where it is for future reference.

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

Orr is dead because everyone’s been filtered into the Fractals.

I thought Orr was dead because of Zhaitan’s corruption.

ba dum tish

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

You should have seen this game prior to November 15th, 2012. It was absolutely amazing. The difference in the tone of the forums, the population of the zones and the distribution of the players compared to how it is now, where everyone is grind grind grinding for their new gear in fractals, is almost unbelievable. :-\

QFT.

I think Fractals broke Tyria by creating a separate effectively unrelated world with its own progression path and better gear.
- Want to explore, like story, and don’t mind having a less powerful character? Play in Tyria.
- Want to keep increasing the power of your character? Leave Tyria and go to the Fractals (or spend your time working the TP).

Fortunately, there are still people out in Tyria (but that may be because I’m lucky enough to be on Tarnished Coast server which has a high proportion of RP’ers and explorers).

At least 100% map completion is still a big deal. If it wasn’t for that . . .

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I think Fractals broke Tyria by creating a separate effectively unrelated world with its own progression path and better gear.
- Want to explore, like story, and don’t mind having a less powerful character? Play in Tyria.
- Want to keep increasing the power of your character? Leave Tyria and go to the Fractals (or spend your time working the TP).

This is true but its more than that, its the fact that rewards in tyria overall are significantly less than in fractals.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

If ascended gear didn’t affect WvW, and all gear normalized to the strength of exotics in there so that when the full ascended set comes out it won’t completely dwarf all the other sets, this would be an amazing setup. It would give progression players what they want, and GW1 players what they want.

But because A) The rest of the game has crap rewards compared to fractals and B ) Ascended gear CAN be used in WvW, having fractals in the game doesn’t create a choice, it creates a requirement. The only way to avoid that requirement is understanding that you will be subpar in certain aspects of gameplay, and do more work for less reward in others. Hardly a fair choice, IMO.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I agree with the OP. Also, transferring servers doesnt help. If you play on any of the original high pop servers all the people that rushed to cap at launch are already on the fractal treadmill and dont goto Orr at all.

looks at Orr on Crystal Desert server and sees multiple karma trains going and farming groups, along with people helping others 100% the place

Are you REALLY sure you’re right?

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Einsof.1457

Einsof.1457

gw2lfg.com = insta group for any fractal basically.

Posted by: Sinister Syx.9451

Sinister Syx.9451

There are some serious problems with the current end game. The largest one is that the end game zone is dead. The zone that a player is supposed to go to at max level is DEAD. That is messed up!
The dungeons are just there for show because anyone who hasn’t played since launch or who had to take a break got left behind and now has no way of catching up. No one does dungeons and even Fractals is off limits because everyone is on 7 or 8 while the people who had to stop for even 2 small weeks are stuck on 1 with no one who will run them.
The only thing that works for the end game is WvW, and that is because it works at any level. As fun as it is, even that gets boring when it is the only thing that someone can do.

Yeah I understand what your saying but there is a simple solution to all this and it would eliminate the LFG spams is for ANet to implement a que system for dungeons an fractals like what dcuo does for doing raids an alerts, you pick what you want to do like say you wanting to do fractal 1 a small window would pop up you pick FoTM 1 and the system que’s you up with everyone on your server who is looking to do fractal 1 and everyone click the ready button an off you go, this can be a very easy way to get into a group looking for the same thing. I would say this wouldn’t take very long to code an test and it would ez the tension for everyone, and you wouldn’t have to goto a out of game web site to get a group.

Posted by: Czar Peter.7961

Czar Peter.7961

Create a “Hard Mode” option for players who have finished the story. Players who have it toggled when leaving a hub will enter separate zone from non-lvl 80 players with enemies of dungeon level difficulty, and accordingly good loot. Also have a daily quest giver who gives a set of tasks every day to be completed in hard mode in a different zone. With sufficiently good loot, it will draw players away from the disastrously designed fractals and save GW2’s endgame for a while.

Engineer – Thief – Warrior

(edited by Czar Peter.7961)

Posted by: marc.6380

marc.6380

People on my server are still playing in zones and low lvl zones, dungeon’s fractal’s is still being played much… (thx to gw2lfg) but yeah it dont feel rewarding annymore.. stopped feeling rewarding for me in mid december. We need something new.
Something new = more end game, not just a zone that is done in like 2 hours

Sorry for the bad english

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

I think if you are on a Tier 1 or Tier 2 WvW server, most of the players would already be in their 80’s anyway. And the low level areas are mostly people farming and players leveling new character on these servers.

Lots of players feel they need new content to make them exciting since they already have done everything possible. That is all.