In regards to the patch...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xavion.6580

Xavion.6580

This was how the last discussion on the upcoming patch was closed out…

“The current plan is to release the update sometime before midnight PST (GMT – 8:00).

I can’t get any more specific than that, sorry.

Closing this thread since it’s generally devolved into a debate over time zones."

….are you kidding me? “Sometime before midnight?” Talk about bad customer relations. So does that mean there’s the possibility that around 1am on the 29th (PST) we’ll see notes on the launcher that start with, “Well, technically it came out on the 28th! We weren’t lying! Of course, you didn’t get to see any of it until the next day- OOPS OUR BAD!”

And before anyone starts making comments about “Oh calm down, you’ll get to see the new content eventually!”- that is not the point at all. I can handle waiting. The point is having accountability in your business and credibility in your words. Yes, the day is far from over, but that statement above is also far from re-assuring.

Posted by: Emunator.5371

Emunator.5371

Topic like this wont help.
Maybe make topics like : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Timezone/first#post1306087

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

It’s to avoid further threads just like this one.

They said the 28th PST, so dont get your panties in a twist before the 28th is over.

If they gave us an exact time they would be over their ears in QQ about how they didnt keep their promise, that the world is ending and pigs flying.

Honestly if it’s still buggy and needs sorting out I wouldnt mind waiting another week.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Xavion.6580

Completely appreciated and I also completely agree, but my thread was more about making the point more clear for them than adding a suggestion. I LOVE this game and I am a very patient, forgiving person, but when people expect you to get used to their bad business practices, I do not go along with it like a lemming.

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

1 word: Dejavu

and then other words because forum god “Error Prevented Saving” says so

and then also, I agree Xavion. I’m a decently patient person but I hate it when I’m told to be patient with a business… especially one who doesn’t have great customer service as it is. I honestly understand that their might be people who QQ if the update is pushed back after they promised a time, but that is a way to build trust which is SEVERELY lacking right now. Trust us and the mature among us won’t lash out at you. The others will follow suit eventually.

(edited by DaedalusDragon.3754)

Posted by: Yonarq.1072

Yonarq.1072

Oh yeah,. This is the right thread.

You mad bro?

Now i can rest in peace after this super original joke.

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

Honestly I dont see your point Xavion, they’ve said the 28th, if that means 1sec before midnight PST then they hit the mark. I dont know why people get worked up when its still the 28th from eastern europe to the US.

They still have around 12 hours to hit the mark.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

Glad you finally found the right thread Yonarq lol

Xavion.6580

… Trust us and the mature among us won’t lash out at you. The others will follow suit eventually.

Very well said.

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

I fail to see how its bad business practice to give a deadline to the playerbase when they can expect the update.

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

I honestly cannot recall an MMO that gave such random windows for patching. Heck, this is worse than the cable company. At least they give you a window of several hours. But a 24-hour window? Yikes.

Seriously, this shouldn’t even be something we have to talk about. Anet should give us the hour that the maintenance will start so that we know whether or not we should be running through dungeons, meeting up with guildies, etc. The most un-fun thing I’ve experienced on GW2 so far is that sudden: New build available! Restarting in 5 minutes!

Posted by: Demondim.7046

Demondim.7046

Arguing about an exact time is all well and good.

What really concerns me is I do not want to experience being half-way through a dungeon or almost at the end of a fractal and see the message “Server going down in 2mins” or similar warning.

1hr+ IN-GAME notice would be greatly appreciated.

Xavion.6580

Honestly I dont see your point Xavion, they’ve said the 28th, if that means 1sec before midnight PST then they hit the mark. I dont know why people get worked up when its still the 28th from eastern europe to the US.

They still have around 12 hours to hit the mark.

Yes, you are correct. My point is, when an MMO releases a date for new content, it is announced with the implications that it will be available for experiencing on that date, not two minutes after midnight.

Honestly, I figure the released statement above was said with some slight sarcasm and maybe it will be done in a couple of hours- but it simply adds to their already questionable approach when releasing information. We are paying customers, most of us working adults. Just put a time and be done with it. If there are complications, man-up and release a statement saying there were issues and it is pushed back. It’s quite simple really.

Posted by: Pochibella.8394

Pochibella.8394

You guys are right. They should tell us when they are going to start maintenance and to make everyone happy all over the world, they should do this:

They say the patch is on the 28th. As soon as it becomes the 28th at the international date line, they should take the servers offline to patch. Even if it isn’t ready yet, shut them off. Everyone would know it was the 28th! So, leave the servers off all day and do what they need to do and turn them on when it’s ready. That way nobody gets that annoying, un-fun new build message. Nobody can disagree that the patch was being done on the 28th (but I bet someone in Europe would point out that technically it was the 27th for the US so that wasn’t fair!)

Do you see how ridiculous it is yet? Watch a movie, read a book, go grab something to eat. Play the game!

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

Elementalists to get 200% damage increase, because of all the complaints to nerf them

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

Xavion.6580

You guys are right. They should tell us when they are going to start maintenance and to make everyone happy all over the world, they should do this:

They say the patch is on the 28th. As soon as it becomes the 28th at the international date line, they should take the servers offline to patch. Even if it isn’t ready yet, shut them off. Everyone would know it was the 28th! So, leave the servers off all day and do what they need to do and turn them on when it’s ready. That way nobody gets that annoying, un-fun new build message. Nobody can disagree that the patch was being done on the 28th (but I bet someone in Europe would point out that technically it was the 27th for the US so that wasn’t fair!)

Do you see how ridiculous it is yet? Watch a movie, read a book, go grab something to eat. Play the game!

You are being sarcastic when it’s not necessary. I hardly ever poke around in these forums. I’m not sitting here immediately after my alarm goes off panting at my keyboard. I usually pick up shifts on patch days because I expect things to be delayed or go bad. I happen to be off today, sitting here drinking my coffee with nothing to do and cold and ice outside, so I decided to log in and see what’s up. when I read that last thread it didn’t sit right with me so I decided to post about it. No, it’s not the end of the world, gut I have the right to point out that words ARE still important and SHOULD still have meaning in this world. Tell me how that is so horrible.

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Please refer to this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/January-28th-Update-Anticipation-Thread for the discussion on the patch.

Thanks for your understanding.