In think orr is easier

In think orr is easier

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blissified.8369

Blissified.8369

Seriously, orr was already too easy now they made it even easier! This is insane, ok i agree that the various stuns – pullback / knockbacks where not needed and are gone for good, but please make the enemy density higher, orr is so boring now, also why are the high level areas not more rewarding then the eaisest areas?

Also please make more random champion type monsters that require skill to kill and have a higher droprate.

In think orr is easier

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Further proof that you can never please everyone. There will always be someone Kittening.

In think orr is easier

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

I just went to Orr prepared and kitten the orrians are tough in groups!

In other words, I still find it hard as before. For me anyways.

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

In think orr is easier

Blissified.8369

I find it mind numbingly easy, i simply cannot find a challenge, and everyone in my 1000 person guild group agrees, keep in mind where all gamers and gaming is a very loved hobby of ours though.

In think orr is easier

Blissified.8369

When i can go afk in orr and not worry about dieing from the normal mobs somthings wrong (and im not specced for tank, im a ballenced spec as in dps/tank ballence)

In think orr is easier

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I don’t know OP what makes content ‘hard’? The old Orr was easy enough in terms of any given fight. However, Orr was annoying to play in. The mobs respawn rate was too fast, mob density was too high, and major CC was endless. It didn’t seem like a particularly challenging zone, just not one I would want to play in given the choice for the reasons I’ve given. I don’t find the new Orr any less challenging, just less annoying. The new Orr looks to be a product of good design and I’m all for more instances of good design.

In think orr is easier

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

Wasn’t hard. It was just frustrating to have to wade through mobs of risen, getting CCed back and fourth in the process, just to get to an event that awards 1s80c. I agree with having more challenging boss monsters to fight (if they reward us with something other than Porous Bones), but getting from point a to point b shouldn’t have to be a chore.

In think orr is easier

Posted by: Chaosgyro.6023

Chaosgyro.6023

You’re looking for challenge in the wrong place. You won’t find it in open world roaming. Hit up the temple events, dungeons, or high level fractals, and let the rest of us enjoy an Orr that, while never hard, is no longer a pain in the rear.

In think orr is easier

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

When i can go afk in orr and not worry about dieing from the normal mobs somthings wrong (and im not specced for tank, im a ballenced spec as in dps/tank ballence)

If you pick a location at random and go afk I guarantee you you will die. I haven’t encountered a mob that does zero damage or damage you can auto-heal through in Orr which would have to be the case in the scenario you describe. Sounds like an unrealistic appraisal of the matter altogether.

In think orr is easier

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

This is insane, ok i agree that the various stuns – pullback / knockbacks where not needed and are gone for good

They shouldn’t have been removed, especially the pull. I had to put in a little effort, basically dodging once, when AoEing a group of putrifiers, but now, I don’t even have to care, because their pull does nothing except immobilize themselves…

The CC wasn’t even an issue, it was simply a dodge check. Anyone who complained about it was basically admitting they were either new or didn’t know how to dodge.

They can’t make rewarding open world mobs that require skill to take down because there is no skill in zerging. As a side effect, soloing is made very unrewarding.

In think orr is easier

Posted by: Khallis.5708

Khallis.5708

Hard? no …. annoying as hell? YES!

In think orr is easier

Posted by: dukefx.9730

dukefx.9730

I agree with the OP. Every mob in Orr should be replaced by Giganticus Lupicus to make it at least a tiny bit challenging /sarcasm off

Seriously… if you want challenge then do fractals, solo a champion karka or whatever. It’s not like doing events in Cursed Shore would be the only option. Not to mention Orr is still challenging for people leveling up in crappy gear.

In think orr is easier

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

This is insane, ok i agree that the various stuns – pullback / knockbacks where not needed and are gone for good

They shouldn’t have been removed, especially the pull. I had to put in a little effort, basically dodging once, when AoEing a group of putrifiers, but now, I don’t even have to care, because their pull does nothing except immobilize themselves…

The CC wasn’t even an issue, it was simply a dodge check. Anyone who complained about it was basically admitting they were either new or didn’t know how to dodge.

They can’t make rewarding open world mobs that require skill to take down because there is no skill in zerging. As a side effect, soloing is made very unrewarding.

Dodging once was easy, even the second time is simple. But the. third…not enough endurance. So the third pulls me, then the first’s cd is up, so i get pulled again, and maybe ill have endurance to dodge the second again.

Was orr hard before? No. Was it a pain in the kitten kitten YES!

In think orr is easier

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Orr wasn’t hard.

It was annoying as kitten.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

In think orr is easier

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Orr was never too hard. Orr was too annoying. Nothing, I repeat NOTHING, in this game is “hard”. That’s not what MMOs are about. If you want hard, go play Dark Souls or something. But there are varying degrees of irritation that come with certain places.

Having 800 NPCs all surround you with massive amounts of CC, dragging you back and forth all over the place, gets old. When you try to run north and suddenly start crowd surfing south because you keep getting dragged, knocked back and generally juggled by every mob under the sun… sure, eventually you get around to killing all those NPCs, but then they just respawn and start again.

In the end, you are in no real danger of dying, though you often wish you were just to get away from the mob of crazed juggling undead.

In think orr is easier

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

I still dodge the flying pulling axe.

Old habits die hard.

1+1 = potato

In think orr is easier

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

Annoying. People found it annoying. For one thing they designed the area to be run in groups originally which was a terrible fail.

In think orr is easier

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Smells of a troll.. afk in a mob filled zone without dying? If you’re talking about a town, unless there is an invasion, towns are usually safe which renders your argument silly.

In think orr is easier

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

It was not hard. It was annoying, tedious, ugly and unrewarding. If it were anything but a farm-festival for the grinding power players, all the waypoints would not have remained contested all the time and the big mindless farming groups in one place would have had the place to themselves.

Kind of like now, only without so much annoying.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

In think orr is easier

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Some people found Orr hard and annoying.

The others play Guardian and Warrior.

In think orr is easier

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Yea, the place was more annoying than hard. Then again, both annoying and hard are in the eyes of the beholder…

In think orr is easier

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Geez, people are never happy with changes.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

In think orr is easier

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

New gen gamers want everything easy, never die, never be remotely annoyed by any degree of challenge, always winning, always getting shinies, feeling heroes for doing nothing and showing off items they achieved through farming as if they were proof of skill.

After launch, dungeons were much harder than now, and now not only dungeons are easy but even Orr became so (not that it was hard before lol).

Luckily we still have PvP.