Inability to gift Wintersday Glider intended

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

I have a IRL friend who started playing GW2 with me recently. Their experience is potentially interesting to highlight in some later post, but ANYWAY!

They saw the new Wintersday Glider on the gem store and were immediately taken by it (they happen to really like snow). So, I thought it would make a nice gift for them considering they don’t have a lot of gold as they only started playing. I cashed in some gold for gems and set out to pick them up. Much to my dismay, this glider skin cannot be gifted.

My initial reaction was “Hmm… that might be so people don’t waste money on accidentally buying something for a non-HoT player. Sad, but I can see how that makes sense.” Then I looked at the exalted glider and noticed that I could gift that without issue. Now it was looking more like a simple bug. So, I opened a ticket with support to see what was up.

The response was quite prompt, but I was told:

Just checked myself it seems that is how it’s supposed to be. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Really? Well… okay… so I responded and offered that it may cause frustration or confusion as the exalted glider can be. To which I was told:

This wold be a great ting to post on the forums, It would help other people who may get into the same situation as yourself.

So, as the newly appointed Communications Officer for Glider Skin Purchase and Distribution, I am fulfilling my duty as assigned. Consider yourselves duly informed.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Account unlocks arent giftable, i think

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

digitalruse.9085

Account unlocks arent giftable, i think

You can buy the Exalted Glider as a gift… so… yes… not sure myself. :/

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Posted by: Sky.8035

Sky.8035

That doesn’t seem right…

Being able to gift gliders, but then flip-flopping or changing the rules and essentially saying “No, you can’t gift just this one.” is ridiculous. Especially because it’s obvious that the glider skin is in reference to Wintersday, which is in reference to Christmas and is the holiday/season of giving.

Sorry to hear your frustration and this is truly unfortunate.

§ky

(edited by Sky.8035)

digitalruse.9085

UPDATE:

From Rubi on Reddit:

So I thought that sounded weird and I checked into it. That is not intended behavior and the commerce team is going to fix the bug. (Thanks commerce crew!)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3w8t17/inability_to_gift_wintersday_glider_is_intended/cxudor0

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Posted by: RubiBayer

RubiBayer

Content Marketing Manager

I thought that sounded strange so I checked into it. That is not intended and they’re going to fix that bug.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Anet’s new Communications Officer for Glider Skin Purchase and Distribution is doing a rather great job Rubi! Get this guy a raise.

Posted by: Sky.8035

Sky.8035

I thought that sounded odd too. Glad to hear this is a bug that will be fixed. =D

§ky

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

None of the previous gliders, nor the appearance packs, have been able to be gifted before…
So that wasn’t intended? At least for the separate glider?

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Hopefully the fix happens before I get home. Otherwise…

NEW BUILD AVAILABLE! STOP EVERYTHING NAOW! :P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

digitalruse.9085

None of the previous gliders, nor the appearance packs, have been able to be gifted before…

The Exalted Glider was always giftable, which is why I even thought to try and get this one. But yeah, some of the appearance/cosmetics items are not giftable. There could very well be a good reason for that.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

If support’s response was:

Just checked myself it seems that is how it’s supposed to be. I apologize for the inconvenience.

And it was actually not intended. Shouldn’t support have, I don’t know, actually asked someone who would know if it was intended or not before telling the OP (a customer) that “it seems that is how it’s supposed to be”?

Isn’t it their job to actually find the answer to the customer’s support inquiry regarding whether something was intended or a bug/oversight?

I’ve always had fantastic dealings with support, but I’ve heard horror stories. Has the quality of support provided really dipped to this level?

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

The Exalted Glider was always giftable, which is why I even thought to try and get this one. But yeah, some of the appearance/cosmetics items are not giftable. There could very well be a good reason for that.

Oh so it is. Only one that was giftable then? I didn’t notice that one was giftable, but I also never liked it. Of course I haven’t liked many, except the ones in packs >.>