Incinerator aesthetics

Incinerator aesthetics

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: supernomnom.6594

supernomnom.6594

Please +1 if you also feel Incinerator is still deserving of some further aesthetic/visual impact upgrades :\

Dual wielding Incinerators is a huge grind and end game goal, and it is essentially the same as crafting 2 Legendaries of any kind (Bolt + Meteor, Sunrise + Twilight, Moot + Prophesies, etc)

However even with 2 Incinerators, you can’t even feel that accomplished. Unwielded you hardly ever have a chance to notice them… it seems like most other Legendaries are a lot more impact fulfilling even while stowed away. Even the Predator has a full-body glow aura while stowed.

Hoping there can be some upgrade for Incinerators. Maybe adding a body aura or some mid-air particle trails whatever is creative.

Please +1 if you feel the same. C:

Incinerator aesthetics

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Well, you do have flames on your hands + the footsteps. If they are going to add something to Incinerator it would be nice with some kind of effect when you kill a mob. When the mob dies, it explodes in a burst of lava.

Incinerator aesthetics

Posted by: Daelin.6782

Daelin.6782

Predator has no aura while stowed, and has footprints that last a fraction of the time that incinerator footprints last.

Only the greatswords get visual effects while being stowed – like Eternity.

Incinerator aesthetics

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Anough bling bling flashy weapons and bunny ears in this game. I think it starts to look nexon like. GIANT backpieces and gem store finishers. The more humans getting killed, the more pink quaggans with ribbons appear. The more flashy light up glow in the dark weapons, the less medieval feel.

I think the best glowing weapon introduced ever was: The Voltaic Spear in GW1
Thats about the limit in my opinion

/start the flame war of opinions about glowing weapons

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

Incinerator aesthetics

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Well, you do have flames on your hands + the footsteps. If they are going to add something to Incinerator it would be nice with some kind of effect when you kill a mob. When the mob dies, it explodes in a burst of lava.

Calm down Michael Bay, we have enough lag as it is in this game

Incinerator aesthetics

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

None of the legendaries retain their aura when stowed. What you are seeing is a bug that makes the effect visible when the weapon is not in your hands.

Incinerator aesthetics

Posted by: aris.9567

aris.9567

I would like stowed effects on legendaries….

For Kryta!!!

Incinerator aesthetics

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

No, I like Incinerator as it is right now. Really don’t want any of the junk.

Incinerator aesthetics

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

Attacking things with a blowtorch isn’t enough for you….

It must be a blowtorch with rainbows and unicorns flying around the character, and leave small craters in the ground filled with candy!

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

Incinerator aesthetics

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

-1… enough with this “fabulous” nonsense on items… im here to burn and slice you’re throat, i dont want to shot ponies and crap while im murdering hordes of minions

Incinerator aesthetics

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

If any legendary weapon that needs an update it’s The Flameseeker Prophecies and possibly The Minstrel.

Bring those weapons to the other legendaries level before you consider buffing the others even more.

(edited by Farzo.8410)

Incinerator aesthetics

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Really? I dual-wield them and love them as they are.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Incinerator aesthetics

Posted by: Giseth.9708

Giseth.9708

I agree with Author, make more stowed effects. Maybe make it so the blade doesn’t go away, and make it shorter so it doesn’t go into the ground. Also make some kind of small fire effect, either around the character or just the hand that is when wielded. (Only smaller) A shame to see the so called “Legendaries”. A ton of weapons with great potential but Devs are too lazy to actually work on them.