Include 3200 gems for current owners

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Weylin.6478

Weylin.6478

If existing owners of GW2 are gonna have to pay 50 bucks, then we should get gems for the $40 game we already have, and the $10 that completely new customers will be paying for the additional expansion.

You still get money, and the vets feel slightly less ripped off?

Anet you’ve really $!@^ed up, with the current pricing, nobody who currently plays is going to be satisfied unless the upgrade to current accounts costs $10

Please slap your marketing department.

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Or, you know, just include a character slot. That would be a fair thing.

Either way, I’m buying it. And probably the $100 pack at that.

Weylin.6478

Don’t you dare do it, people falling for this gouging ripoff will only justify this kind of nonsense even more in the future.

Look,
The core game is $40
The core game + expansion is $50
If you already own the core game, you still have to pay $50

How is this OK in any way?!

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

Honestly if Anet is going to be like this… kitten them, just buy the regular thing, and buy a toon slot on your own. Simple as that!

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Don’t you dare do it, people falling for this gouging ripoff will only justify this kind of nonsense even more in the future.

Look,
The core game is $40

Because Hype Train has no brakes. HoT Ultimate for me!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

Look,
The core game is $40

you never played Guild Wars one did you ;/

Weylin.6478

The $40 option doesn’t even exist now, and I almost had my friends get it before that too… I guess it’s a good thing I didn’t.

ham.8209

same here i will too be buying the $100.00 pack . and if you look at it close enough it is more better and cheaper to buy the game like this . and you get every thing with it

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Look,
The core game is $40

You mean the game which had expansions that were, in their own rights, fully fleshed out and playable games in and of themselves that only expanded the universe they were in AND gave free character slot upgrades to existing owners so they could hit the ground running with the new classes introduced in their games with RACH expansion? THAT guild wars 1?

Yeah, back when Anet cared more about the game and players than by how much money they could try to trick them into paying them.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Look,
The core game is $40

Don’t you dare tell me what I can and cannot do.

- I am a loyal player.

- I bought a physical collector’s edition and have gotten a dollar/hour value of over 10 times that price – and counting.

- I WILL buy this expansion at the price that I wish to because I love this game and this developer.

- This game has no subscription fee, unlike certain other games that have a base game, a sub fee, paid expansions, and a cash shop on top of it all. To that end, Anet is generous.

I will make my own choice with my own money. And if they announce a physical collector’s edition, I might buy that instead.

ham.8209

Look,
The core game is $40

You mean the game which had expansions that were, in their own rights, fully fleshed out and playable games in and of themselves that only expanded the universe they were in AND gave free character slot upgrades to existing owners so they could hit the ground running with the new classes introduced in their games with RACH expansion? THAT guild wars 1?

Yeah, back when Anet cared more about the game and players than by how much money they could try to trick them into paying them.

not even one kitten of a clue what in the hell your even talking about. #smh

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Look,
The core game is $40

I don’t get this post? Factions and nightfall were campaigns like prophecies. Eotn was the only expansion

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Look,
The core game is $40

This never happened with Guild Wars. The closest thing was the “Platinum Edition” that had Prophecies and Eye of the North, but that was still higher price than the EotN upgrade.

All other releases were fully stand-alone games, with the ability to link together under a single account.

[edit]
I don’t even recall if that Platinum Edition was even available at EotN’s release. I think it was a bundled deal added later on.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Posted by: MegumiAzusa.2918

MegumiAzusa.2918

These were “campaigns” the only real expansion, Eye of the North, came for about half the price of a new campaigns and you were able to get it without having it bundled with one of the campaigns, though you had the option.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Same.

And Same for your other post (the relevant bits to me any).

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

The way they’re probably looking at it, is that they’re throwing in the core game for free, for new players; rather than ripping off existing players.

I do still see why people are angry, though.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Posted by: MegumiAzusa.2918

MegumiAzusa.2918

I guess this wouldn’t be an issue with as much people if they kept the base game for 10 bucks and made the upgrade 50. I do complain because at least so far it doesn’t seem whole campaigny like it was previously, but I got it and kinda hope HoTs is actually bigger than it seems right now (so far we only really saw 1 map which was only half explorable, so there’s room for that).