Incoming Mounts??

Incoming Mounts??

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

“It’s a new year, which means all-new items and a redesigned favorite in the Gem Store!

From Baby Quaggan Backpacks to Riding Brooms to the revamped Box o’ Fun, you’ll find it all in the Gem Store!"

Riding Brooms! Can it be anything else than a mount?! maybe even a flying one?

We’ve been asking for mounts since beta, that’s awesome if I you implement them. (But please not just in the Gem Store! )

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

It’s cosmetic mount. As in, you “fly” a few feet off the ground, but no extra speed or anything.

Still cool. Wish they had a wider choice of them though.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

Incoming Mounts??

Keiran.1896

It’s cosmetic mount. As in, you “fly” a few feet off the ground, but no extra speed or anything.

Oh okay. Then they should release more than brooms! They have so much creatures! wolf, moa, etc… Though it’s not so cool without even a little speed boost.

Anyway, it’s time to convert some gold into gems before war begins!

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Steven.9803

Steven.9803

I have to say I hope they do mounts properly ex/

Teir1: Easy to buy cosmetic mounts

Teir2: Speed mounts, ahrder to buy

Teir3: Combat Mounts(mainly for WvW)

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

All mounts, should they ever curse us with those, should never exceed running speed and preferably be slower. You want to show off, low and slow baby. No combat or PvE advantages. Just low and slow.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Incoming Mounts??

Gaudrath.6725

Dunno. People must be really traumatized by WoW or something, to actually hate the idea of mounts so much. What, seeing someone riding sends cold shivers down your back and you get flashbacks of your raid leader yelling at you for being late again?

~ Piken

Incoming Mounts??

Steven.9803

Or maybe they’ll com in and tell you guys to stop being so baised with the idea of mounts. If arenanet did not support this idea, why on this good earth would they have a norn on a horse as the main picture for facebook and this website. AND WHERE have they ever said mounts wont be implemented hmmm??And dont give me some bullkitten lore crap, casue thats been proven wrong again and again XD

Incoming Mounts??

Keiran.1896

All mounts, should they ever curse us with those, should never exceed running speed and preferably be slower. You want to show off, low and slow baby. No combat or PvE advantages. Just low and slow.

Yeaah, being slow on a pink moa is gonna be so epic! <3
/sarcasm

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

Hello, I’m here to crush your dreams.

There will be no mounts coming with the Flame and Frost story arc.

Also, to address further speculation we’ve seen about the concept art for Flame and Frost (and what it may portend): there will be no Cantha and no dragons coming with the Flame and Frost story arc, either.

Thank you.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Incoming Mounts??

Keiran.1896

Also, to address further speculation we’ve seen about the concept art for Flame and Frost (and what it may portend): there will be no Cantha and no dragons coming with the Flame and Frost story arc, either.

Thank you.

Noooo, she did it!

(Flame and Frost → Now I understand the title xDD)

(edited by Keiran.1896)

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Voxdeus.1034

Voxdeus.1034

Thank you.

But you haven’t ruled out unicorns.

ANET SAYS WE’RE GETTING UNICORNS!

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

Thank you.

Thank you Regina for taking the time to respond to this situation that could of snowballed into much worse “false hopes”. I fully support no mounts! Thanks again!

Incoming Mounts??

Steven.9803

I know there arnt any mounts to come for this patch, but are you saying there wont be any mounts implemented ever??

Incoming Mounts??

Steven.9803

Thank you.

…unicorns are mounts

Incoming Mounts??

Gaudrath.6725

Thank you.

Thank you Regina for taking the time to respond to this situation that could of snowballed into much worse “false hopes”. I fully support no mounts! Thanks again!

Of course, she didn’t say they won’t add mounts later on. Dreams resurrected! Hah!

~ Piken

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: thedrumchannell.2405

thedrumchannell.2405

Thank you.

Nice, so mounts ARE coming as mentioned before launch. =D

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

kittenen’ love you!

Scared me for a moment there.

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I know there arnt any mounts to come for this patch, but are you saying there wont be any mounts implemented ever??

It’s very safe for them to never say never. You can’t specualate what will happen down the road that may change their minds.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Incoming Mounts??

Steven.9803

Thank you.

Of course, she didn’t say they won’t add mounts later on. Dreams resurrected! Hah!

Okay good, I was afraid they would never implement them, that would make me really sad

Incoming Mounts??

Gaudrath.6725

But seriously, mounts aside, I am very curious as to why some people seem to hate the very idea. Not looking to argue tastes, I just would like someone to say why are they so much opposed to mounts.

~ Piken

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Previous

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Thank you.

Attachments:

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: jwburks.9735

jwburks.9735

> dies like Padme in Revenge of the Sith <

We heard . . . we listened . . . we ignored.

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: CorruptedSave.2570

CorruptedSave.2570

I’m all for cosmetic mounts. I love collection mounts.

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: interpol.2397

interpol.2397

Just because they don’t say that we are not getting mounts ever, doesn’t confirm that we are. It’s a “time will tell” sort of thing – it’s basically against their policy to confirm or deny anything until it’s nearly complete.
So, I would say, keep wishing for mounts, but don’t get your hopes up too high.

Incoming Mounts??

Steven.9803

Thank you.

Lol! XD But in all seriousness, could you please confrim that mounts will come to Guild Wars 2 eventually or not? Cause people have been askin for it for ages, and if you still here with the dream crusher hammer, then I think you should just end it now, spare people some pain XP

Edit: If its against your policy, could you give us another picture on your input on this question?

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Danneh.6810

Danneh.6810

Hehe

Incoming Mounts??

Keiran.1896

RB breaking dreams and MK trolling on my thread! -> add this to Colin answering me last time and my score is over 9000

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Thank you.

Attachments:

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

But seriously, mounts aside, I am very curious as to why some people seem to hate the very idea. Not looking to argue tastes, I just would like someone to say why are they so much opposed to mounts.

I don’t want mounts, but if they were added I would want them to:

Not provide combat advantages.
Not provide a speed increase.
Not be useable in WvW.
Not be useable in racial cities and LA.
And no flying mounts. Ever.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: jwburks.9735

jwburks.9735

Well, they can either give us mounts eventually, or give everyone a signet with +25% movement speed. Right now the thief, necromancer, elementalist, and ranger have one. That’s half the game’s professions that can move at mount speed 24/7 while the other half can’t. Could just get rid of those signets and introduce mounts so everyone can get +25% movement speed, and spare us the humiliation.

We heard . . . we listened . . . we ignored.

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Danneh.6810

Danneh.6810

Not be useable in WvW.

They said awhile ago that no flying mounts would be added

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Thank you.

Comets? Comets would cause that kind of Fire and Ice destruction…

Or… Aw crap. The Flame Legion is joining forces with the Sons of Svanir. A little Foe Ice to go with your Foe Fire?

#TeamJadeQuarry

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

Thank you.

…unicorns are mounts

Only for a very specific selection of potential riders. I am hesitant to imagine how ANet would test for that…

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Incoming Mounts??

Steven.9803

Well at least we get a broomstick hops on WEEEEEEEEEE- oh wait, no speed boost

Incoming Mounts??

Gaudrath.6725

Not be useable in WvW.

Ok, but I have to ask… are the above tied to what is going on in WoW with the mounts and all? Just trying to understand where you’re coming from (basically the “why” of what you don’t want).

~ Piken

Incoming Mounts??

Gaudrath.6725

Thank you.

Comets? Comets would cause that kind of Fire and Ice destruction…

Or… Aw crap. The Flame Legion is joining forces with the Sons of Svanir. A little Foe Ice to go with your Foe Fire?

Just because no Elder Dragons are going to come up doesn’t mean we aren’t going to have a lot of Icebrood/Destroyers to slaughter. I seriously doubt we’re going to see another Elder Dragon fight outside of a paid expansion. But their minions… oh yes.

~ Piken

Incoming Mounts??

Steven.9803

Well…I guess I should stop arguing for mounts, until arenanet actually adds them, IF they add them *sigh I was really looking forward to them…XC

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

No combat and speed advantages because mounts then become mandatory instead of cosmetic.

No WvW use because I view PvP type modes as very “fragile”, it should remain purely about the players…hard to explain and moreso opinion.

No use in cities because it gets obnoxious seeing large mounts crowding hotspots/npcs.

No flying mounts because we’ll see less people out in the world, they would instead all be hovering 50 feet up.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

(edited by Toxyn.9608)

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

no Cantha and no dragons

Elona and giant flying turtles that shoot fireballs!

The table is a fable.

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Well at least we get a broomstick hops on WEEEEEEEEEE- oh wait, no speed boost

Which is rather disappointing that they are releasing a Riding Broom.

The Witch Outfit that came with the Halloween Event was a limited time only costume. It came with a Riding Broom and the only way to get it was to buy it during the Halloween Event. So people that have the Witch’s Outfit, have a unique item that no one else does.

Now they are releasing a Riding Broom that (from my understanding) is the same as the Riding Broom from the Witch’s Outfit. Makes those who purchased the limited time only costume, waste their money. It’s kind of a downer for those that bought the item thinking they had something unique, and then a few months later, they sell the best part of the item to everyone else, making those who bought it before, waste their money on a full costume for the broom while others can just buy the broom separately now.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

Selling a “Riding Broom” in January does not make since. Why of all things, is that being sold? Maybe something else related to a new year, like a firework pack or throwable confetti bomb.

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Josh.8154

Josh.8154

As far as the mounts in general, I do not want them cause it is more fun to run around and explore and plus with all of the way points in the game no mount is necessary and combat mounts would give peeps an unfair advantage on less richly funded players in WvW. I see no need for mounts other than for looks only.

Home Server: Kaineng, Guild: Domicile Officer
Yarlash, lvl 80 Human Thief
Guild Website: www.domicile.guildlaunch.com

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

so when can we make “I want mounts” post a ban-able offense?

Mounts work against the core of the game which are DEs

Changing WP fees works against the core of the game DEs

what are they working on for the next six months to get folks back in the open world? DEs

Stop making posts like this and start making core DE raid group post in the DE forum

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Incoming Mounts??

Gaudrath.6725

No combat and speed advantages because mounts then become mandatory instead of cosmetic.

No WvW use because I view PvP type modes as very “fragile”, it should remain purely about the players…hard to explain and moreso opinion.

No use in cities because it gets obnoxious seeing large mounts crowding hotspots/npcs.

No flying mounts because we’ll see less people out in the world, they would instead all be hovering 50 feet up.

Well actually I do agree with those points, the same issues cropped up in WoW. Even though you do see the same amount of people in the world, you just have to be 50 feet up.

But fluff mounts, don’t see why not. Broom is like that, they should add more for variety.

~ Piken

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: MadDemon.7548

MadDemon.7548

I’m hoping we get anew skill boxes used for mounts only, and that there are at least two types available: race specific and profession specific.

For example:

Race specific:

Humans – Horse (duh)

Norn – Dolyak (horses are too small)

Asura – Golem Platform (a floating platform)

Sylvari – Equisetum (this needs a bit of explanation, basically a plant mimicking a horse, like how sylvari are plants mimicking humans, but the name is of an actual plant also called the horsetail)

Charr – Charrcycle (motorcycle, but made by a Charr)

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

i seriously hope they never EVER add mounts to gw2. Not in a year, 2 years or 7 years. Keep this to that nerdy mmo called wow and the other billion korean mmo’s.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

There are mounts in this game, they’re called siege golems. And they should remain the only mounts.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Well… uh… we have raptors that can be trained (skelks are trained somewhere in charr lands), and… uh… Dolyaks… (someone please help me lol)

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Incoming Mounts??

Gaudrath.6725

i seriously hope they never EVER add mounts to gw2. Not in a year, 2 years or 7 years. Keep this to that nerdy mmo called wow and the other billion korean mmo’s.

All MMOs are nerdy.

~ Piken

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

there’s a reason there are no horses in tyria.