Increase Ascended Jewelry Vendor Prices

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Why not make them worth 10g in the vendor?

I have a crazy amount of duplicate rings in my bank vault since that is what primarily drops for ascended gear. Salvaging isn’t really a good option, we cannot change their stats and vendoring them for 5s seems silly. Why not allow us to get some value out of them since they are incredibly rare drops?

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

How do you figure they are incredibly rare drops when you have a crazy amount of them yourself???

Posted by: FluffyTwo.5491

FluffyTwo.5491

Maybe a clue is in the OP’s signature?

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Maybe a clue is in the OP’s signature?

+1

Anyways, ascended rings are easy to get and dirt cheap, I think the price reflects this properly.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Question:

Answer:

I have a crazy amount of duplicate rings in my bank

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

So a player gets that rare one in ten thousand drop… an ascended ring… very exciting… oh wait these stats are useless to me… well at least I can… uhmmm… well I guess put it in the bank and maybe use it later. 10k drops later, same ring drops again.

Play WvW for a few thousand hours and you will have a bunch of useless rings as well with nothing really to do with them. Kinda silly to have a rare drop that is effectively worthless. At least with armor and weapons we can change the stats.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

So a player gets that rare one in ten thousand drop… an ascended ring… very exciting… oh wait these stats are useless to me… well at least I can… uhmmm… well I guess put it in the bank and maybe use it later. 10k drops later, same ring drops again.

Play WvW for a few thousand hours and you will have a bunch of useless rings as well with nothing really to do with them. Kinda silly to have a rare drop that is effectively worthless. At least with armor and weapons we can change the stats.

This.

We need to be able to change stats on ALL ascended gear, not just weapons and armor and the Bloodstone trinkets.

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

I have a crazy amount of duplicate rings in my bank vault since that is what primarily drops for ascended gear. Salvaging isn’t really a good option, we cannot change their stats and vendoring them for 5s seems silly. Why not allow us to get some value out of them since they are incredibly rare drops?

Good job, OP. Anet will read your thread title and vendors will be selling ascended rings not for 10 pristeen fractal relics, but for 10g each (and fractal relics). Seriously, the way how you write it is very frustrating.

This.

We need to be able to change stats on ALL ascended gear, not just weapons and armor and the Bloodstone trinkets.

It will never happen, because legendary armor (and I can guarantee legendary ring/etc will appear somewhere in the future).

(edited by Ider.1276)

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Please lay off the ridiculous strawmen. It’s relative. Sure, OP may have many ascended rings, but it’s over time and relative, to say, green and blue drops. Ascended rings are not common unless you do certain content like fractals. For people that don’t do them, they don’t show up much. I probably see one like every few months.

Maybe ascended rings shouldn’t vendor for 10g, but vendoring for 5s or whatever they do it as is pretty lame. They aren’t as common as greens I assume. And in terms of potential value, they’re probably worse than rares and exotics that can be salvaged into materials.

Personally, I’d like a forge recipe to convert them, or use them as a crafting component.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

It’s always fecking Ettinband.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Rings can also be salvaged into stuff …

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

Rings can also be salvaged into stuff …

Hoarders don’t salvage anything.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

But ascended gear drops in wvw are a myth! They NEVER happen just ask everyone who cried about not getting an ascended gear vendor in wvw!

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

It’s always fecking Ettinband.

pls make it stahp

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE