Increase all running speed by 10%

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

is not the running that bothers me but running slow in wvw is just getting old and thats what we spend most of the time doing. I run a warrior greatsword/sword+horn for speed and it still takes a while to get somewhere.

im not asking for a speed hack from anet but just increase everyones running percentage by 10%.

basic running +10%
with swiftness +10%
trait or signet +10%
in combat +10%

shouldnt really make a difference in gameplay but travel distance can be shorten a bit and im sure most of us would appreciate that
Support just by leaving a comment, Thanks

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

Posted by: TeddieJ.2495

TeddieJ.2495

Nope. I am not appreciated it.
According to your system, Thief, ranger and Necro will outrun Warrior. That is forbidden.

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Give people an inch and they’ll take a mile.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I actually wish they’d just increase everyones’ movement by 25% and remove all the signets and passives that raise movement.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

No matter how fast they set the base speed, someone will always say it takes too long to run places. Some won’t be happy until they can click anything in line of sight, even across the whole map, and be there instantly.

I believe the speed is set where it is for game design reasons, making it not too sludgy to get places but also giving time to see the world. Not to mention it keeps our characters from looking like the Road Runner with pinwheels for legs.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I actually wish they’d just increase everyones’ movement by 25% and remove all the signets and passives that raise movement.

I agree with you. I think that the fact we have to either buck up oodles of gold for a not really useful rune to increase run speed, or use skills or traits to not be a turtle, is just silly. I would like to get from here to there today. Yet, I get why this is. It’s called gold sink. When you need to get somewhere fast, they want you to wp so you use your in game cash. Simple as that. But it’s annoying as all get out.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

^This

No matter how fast they set the base speed, someone will always say it takes too long to run places. Some won’t be happy until they can click anything in line of sight, even across the whole map, and be there instantly.

I believe the speed is set where it is for game design reasons, making it not too sludgy to get places but also giving time to see the world. Not to mention it keeps our characters from looking like the Road Runner with pinwheels for legs.

Hogwash. I’m perfectly happy when I’m on my perma-swift toons running around. Then I’m oh so sad when I switch to a toon without it.

I agree with you. I think that the fact we have to either buck up oodles of gold for a not really useful rune to increase run speed, or use skills or traits to not be a turtle, is just silly. I would like to get from here to there today. Yet, I get why this is. It’s called gold sink. When you need to get somewhere fast, they want you to wp so you use your in game cash. Simple as that. But it’s annoying as all get out.

Naz ©

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

WvW (and spvp) are the places I would be completely against increasing run speed. It needs to take awhile to get across the map so that you don’t end up with an endless train of respawns. Which isn’t really too much of a problem if you have a comparably sized group, but if you were a small group that only has enough supply for 1 or 2 rams, it often takes long enough to kill the door that there’s time for a couple of defenders to try to stop you, you kill them, they respawn and show back up with a few more friends before the door is down (one of the reasons giant blobs are so preferred, a blob of 30 people can nearly take 6 towers faster than 6 groups of 5 people could split up and take 6 towers in parallel).
Personally, it feels like spawns are already way too close to the objectives in spvp for how fast players can move. You can be fighting 2 players at an objective, kill one, and have the other player already back and attacking you before you can kill the second in some situations.

Though, mostly what I would wish for is larger maps. Would that be ok with the OP? If we increase everyone’s running speed by 10% and simultaneously make all WvW and spvp maps 10% larger?

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

Nope. I am not appreciated it.
According to your system, Thief, ranger and Necro will outrun Warrior. That is forbidden.

Don’t thieves already outrun warriors?

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Running speed directly affected by number of empty inventory slots please.

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

It would affect game play. Its supposed to take you awhile to get around in WvW. 10% less respond time to attacks on locations and the time to run back to the fight after getting killed and respawning would definitely affect game play.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Just unlock the secret three toed tootsie mount. You may be lucky enough to see me burning by you someday on it. To achieve all you have to do is beat her in a race around dry top.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

This request needs to be at least 20% cooler

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

No. Because mobility is part of class balance.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: heartless.6803

heartless.6803

Only thing that bugs me about run speed is how it slows down in combat. I’d rather run speed be normalized to be the same both in and out of combat.

Disclaimer: Under no circumstance should you take this seriously.

Posted by: TheFool.4589

TheFool.4589

Warrior has a trait that lets him run faster….

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Only thing that bugs me about run speed is how it slows down in combat. I’d rather run speed be normalized to be the same both in and out of combat.

Combat speed is the normal speed. We actually get a speed boost out of combat.

And the loss of the boost in combat is to make us aware of our surroundings so that we don’t just run by everything without risk.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I’d be happy if my Guardian had a signet for 25% movement speed… or trait or something.

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

No
This isn’t a gold sink.
This isn’t just for realism.
10% movement on a map would make it very hard for WvW as things would happen a lot more on the map. Whether you can move there faster or not, your commanders will need to look at the map and react 10% more/faster.

So again, NO!

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Posted by: metaldude.4132

metaldude.4132

You referring the the “encumbered” state? (As used in Skyrim and Fallout for example" )

Might be an idea

Sharpen your justice. Dust off resolve. Brace your courage. The Guardian dragonhunter approaches.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

You referring the the “encumbered” state? (As used in Skyrim and Fallout for example" )

Might be an idea

This is the kind of mechanism that adds 0 enjoyment and only serves to punish players for playing “too much” in the same vein as silly weapon durability meters.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I find that I only play regularly on characters with a movement buff of some kind, whether it be traits on Engineer/Warrior or signets on Necro, Ele, Ranger and Thief. I find I rarely play my Guard and almost never play my Mesmer. For me, it’s part that I like the speed of getting where I’m going, but it’s also that the character’s movement looks better to me when faster. I regret that MMO’s find it necessary to make characters movement look so slow and plodding.

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

Might be an idea

This is the kind of mechanism that adds 0 enjoyment and only serves to punish players for playing “too much” in the same vein as silly weapon durability meters.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Encumbered

Wups.

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

Posted by: Cash.2385

Cash.2385

characters could stand to move a little faster.

Posted by: MrIllusion.5304

MrIllusion.5304

Concur.

If they want some sort of restriction, tie it in with masteries or whatever.

Just make it so the 25% applies to out-of-combat movement, so swiftness still has some strategic value.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Add kittening mounts with speed increase of 100% kitten , problem solved.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

They would have to redo every jumping puzzle if they did that.

Though I do enjoy running fast.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Doggie.3184

I’d be happy if my Guardian had a signet for 25% movement speed… or trait or something.

Thats why I use traveler runes on mine.

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

They could also just remove all passive speed increases and only allow swiftness to increase your movement. Since increasing the base run speed by 25% for everyone may ruin some jumping puzzles that rely on certain jump distances.

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

Disagree, we move to fast as it is now. Traveling should take time. Its a big world.

Doggie.3184

Disagree, we move to fast as it is now. Traveling should take time. Its a big world.

Yes, then we can spend hours toggling autorun and alt/tabbing or hooking up a second monitor so we don’t have to pay attention to running through the same trails 100×. Much fun~

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I agree with you. I think that the fact we have to either buck up oodles of gold for a not really useful rune to increase run speed, or use skills or traits to not be a turtle, is just silly.

Of course i want to have a refund for the 60+ traveller runes that i use at the moment

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

No. Because mobility is part of class balance.

Because that isn’t a questionable, unfun decision, much like traits or zone event completion dailies.

I can understand it a little in PvP and WvW, maybe, but in PvE the unbalance is terrible. Perhaps it’s the difference in ‘tiers’ that really makes it seem so harsh. 0/25/33? Where some classes are stuck at 0 without investing in level 80 runes, it’s significantly more boring to play after having a horn-warrior.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Something to keep in mind: The perceived “size” of a virtual world is directly proportional to how long you are forcibly traveling from A to B.

The faster, the smaller the world will feel, independent of displayed size. In WvW it adds that distance is a very important consideration in tactics.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Something to keep in mind: The perceived “size” of a virtual world is directly proportional to how long you are forcibly traveling from A to B.

The faster, the smaller the world will feel, independent of displayed size.

Oh yeah .. the zones always seemed so small in Champions Online with flight.
But when i tried to imagine how it would be if you had to walk through them
they clearly don’t really were so small ^^

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

don’t see how this would solve anything. once people got used to the new standardised movespeed there would still be complaints of everything being slow

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

Agreed. Movement signets are a must-have outside of dungeons but they’re uninteresting passive bonuses and take up an utility skill slot.

Rauderi.8706

don’t see how this would solve anything. once people got used to the new standardised movespeed there would still be complaints of everything being slow

Yeeeah, there’s a point to that. Case in point, 310% flight speed, and I still can’t stand waiting to get somewhere in WoW. Did I mention waypoints are awesome?

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

sniffs

I smell from sprint spoilage….

Run speed is fine, leave it alone.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Quinci.5968

Quinci.5968

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve thought this in game. At least on my Ele the signet provides a nice 25 second CD stunbreaker, but on my thief it’s just a wasted utility slot so that I don’t go insane from running so freaking slow.

Seriously, if you ever use the 25% speed increase signets it is virtually impossible to play the game anymore without them. The game just FEELS so much better with one of those signets on your bar than not; it feels as if it was the default movespeed originally and they nerfed the default by 25% to add the signets. It would be great to actually get that utility slot back on my characters.

Rauderi.8706

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve thought this in game. At least on my Ele the signet provides a nice 25 second CD stunbreaker, but on my thief it’s just a wasted utility slot so that I don’t go insane from running so freaking slow.

Seriously, if you ever use the 25% speed increase signets it is virtually impossible to play the game anymore without them. The game just FEELS so much better with one of those signets on your bar than not; it feels as if it was the default movespeed originally and they nerfed the default by 25% to add the signets. It would be great to actually get that utility slot back on my characters.

One the one hand, I respect that speed boosting is part of a class-build choice. I wouldn’t have fallen into banner warrior without it.

What gets me is that some classes have terrible options for speed, and Swiftness is even less available, if at all.

I’d like to see some form of Elite signet that’s universal, like the healing skill from Living Story season 1. It’d still be a ‘build choice’ of sorts, but it wouldn’t be nearly as involved, and the utility of several Elites is kinda ‘meh’ anyway. It might not even have to confer much of a bonus:
Passive: Increases movement speed 15% (or 25% if being a generous dev) while not in combat.
Active: Grants Swiftness (10 sec); Breaks Stun. 35 sec cooldown.

As an example, anyway. Obvious tweaking for balance needed, of course.

Many alts; handle it!

Posted by: Zaruna.3812

Zaruna.3812

I personally agree, I like faster style combat, while in combat on GW2 you run really slow, then there’s just way to many CC’s in game that stops you or makes you walk even slower… Even in PvE when you’re working on map exploration you run into alot of mobs that keep slowing you down. If they were just to lower the amount of CC’s mobs used it would already be abit better. To change CC’s in WvW, thats going to be hard, they already messed it up more by stability changes, I doubt they’ll want us to be able to freely run more or faster.

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

100% agree that it needs to be boosted but not by 10%. They need to get rid of the in combat slowdown because it just ridiculous. A base 25% to everyone would be awesome while keeping swiftness at 33%.

it’s unfortunate some classes have easy access to permanent swiftness and others have… nothing which requires them to waste runes or slots to get 25% (not even 33%).

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

No, I hate this idea OP. There are already plenty of ways for you to travel faster, the OP is just another example of wanting his cake and eat it too.

If you want to run faster, use:

- signets that increase movement speed.
- traits that increases movement speed.
- weapons that give swiftness.
- utility skills that gives swiftness.
- traveler runes that increase movement speed.

All classes have at least 3 out of 5 swiftness sources available to them. Use those if you want to run faster.

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Instead of using the signets or runes you could use your team. My ele engi thief party was able to consistently stack 40 seconds of swiftness last night using static field and finishers. I will admit I don’t play my guard and to a lesser degree my Mesmer as much because of the speed issues if I don’t have a party.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Rauderi.8706

I will admit I don’t play my guard and to a lesser degree my Mesmer as much because of the speed issues if I don’t have a party.

Which is the essence of the debate, I think. Some classes are less desirable (partially) because of this limitation.

I’m not even on the side of blanket increases to movement speed, just more suitable access to roaming speed for PvE.

Not having much WvW experience, I kinda forget.. Is there a reason for the random checkpoint locations? If they could be used to give a speed buff by following paths a side owns, that would be appropriate. (Please do enlighten me on that. :P)

Many alts; handle it!

Posted by: Capitol City.4856

Capitol City.4856

They’ll never, ever do it, but I would love to be able to run faster It does feel slow at times, especially when you’re running from one place to the next and all the sudden some wild animal puts you in combat.

Posted by: Supernaut.2684

Supernaut.2684

I find that I only play regularly on characters with a movement buff of some kind, whether it be traits on Engineer/Warrior or signets on Necro, Ele, Ranger and Thief. I find I rarely play my Guard and almost never play my Mesmer. For me, it’s part that I like the speed of getting where I’m going, but it’s also that the character’s movement looks better to me when faster. I regret that MMO’s find it necessary to make characters movement look so slow and plodding.

^ This.

Guardian and Mesmer are my favorite professions, but I rarely ever play them, simply due to the “slow as molasses” run speed. And yes, I know there are ways to get permanent or close to permanent run speed with Guardian and Mesmer, but you either have to give up a bunch of other useful skills, or use certain runesets, or use complicated skill combos to make it happen. All of that is a pain in the kitten, so I just play my Elementalist instead.

Give everyone 25% increase, without signets, and call it done.

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

for those suggesting to just make everyone have same movement speed, get rid of signets, perma swiftness builds (that require speccing to achieve), make mobility same for everyone out of combat, get rid of in combat slowdown, etc, you are truly misunderstanding how important strategically mobility truly is, both in and out of combat in this game, in pvp and wvw modes.

there is no need to increase base mobility for all classes as someone already mentioned, eventually people will want more, and will always want more.

Achieving mobility should always take resources, whether its in the form of needing to spec trait wise (speedy kits for engie), take up a particular weapon slot (guardian staff) , or require a utility (ranger signet).

This is a bit off topic, but giving all classes equal access to the same high mobility, is no different than taking away all classes mobility increasers. If everyone can have +25% than what makes it special?

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

i see allot off warriors out run others with the right weapons sword/warhorn and GS

for sword that jump skill follow by his warhorn skill then switch to GS
use that spin attack follow by his running attack and so on you can run very fast that way

the only class i find slow is ENG that’s how i see it

sorry for my English