Increase is gold sellers?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aevis.4632

Aevis.4632

Has anyone noticed an increase in gold sellers?

I used to rarely got whispered or see messages from gold sellers in chat but today I got spammed hard.

Just logging in earlier today I received about 11 whispers in a row from gold sellers.

All were reported. This is getting really annoying. Only thing that made it stop was going into invisible status.

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

I’ve noticed a higher amount than usual (pre feature patch). Perhaps it was due to the discount on GW2? I tend to get spammed a lot more if I travel through Heart of the Mists, but I don’t know if it’s correlated in any way.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Every time the game is offered at a discount, I see an increase in gold sellers. /block and /report and I never see them again. The first week after the patch, I saw 20; this week: none.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Aevis.4632

Aevis.4632

It’s really starting to annoy me. I was spammed while going into wvw, idk if that has anything to do with it either

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Definitely. I’m getting 4-6 every couple of hours on average now. Last night I got tag teamed… two in less than 2 seconds. Most unfortunately, all we can do is /Block and /Report them. Your thread here is against forum policies, and will likely be shut down.

Maybe someone OUTSIDE of ANet’s control needs to publish a LIST to be sent to the Gold Spammers. Anyone who wants can add their account name. The list will consist of people who REPORT them every time. Then maybe, just maybe we’d be helping each other. They’d know who not to bug, so their accounts would last longer. And we wouldn’t be bugged as much.

But then again, spammers are of a completely weird and foreign mentality to me. They would probably just take it to mean “Hey! This guy is confirmed as being active in his account! Let’s spam him!”

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’d imagine its because of megaservers. Its probably not that there’s actually more, but with megaservers everyone is getting put together so gold sellers have more access to players, particularly those on smaller servers.

Posted by: Moderator.6840

Moderator.6840

Hi everyone,

The forum is not the place for such issues to be discussed.

If you witness any of Gold Selling while playing, please report them using the in-game ticketing system so our Customer Support team can properly investigate the issue.

Thank you.