Increased number of character slots?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sjado.7295

sjado.7295

Any chance you are going to increase the number of character slots?
We only have 5 slots and there are 9 classes, so I can’t experience all the classes for me to decide which one I prefer to play.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can have up to 69 (I believe) character slots (in the paid edition of the games, not sure on the limit for Play4Free). They are purchasable in the Gem Store. I believe they are on sale now.

Good luck.

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

We only have 5 slots and there are 9 classes, so I can’t experience all the classes for me to decide which one I prefer to play.

In this case you can expand your character slots by buying gems (with ingame gold or with real money) and use them to buy “character slot expansions” on “Upgrades” page on gem store.

If I remember correct, you should also get a character slot once your account reaches 3 years of age, but I might be very wrong about it and it only applies to players who started playing GW2 on it’s release date who then bought HoT.

Sadly it’s just that way to expand the character slots

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Posted by: Zephic.3075

Zephic.3075

In this case you can expand your character slots by buying gems (with ingame gold or with real money) and use them to buy “character slot expansions” on “Upgrades” page on gem store.

If I remember correct, you should also get a character slot once your account reaches 3 years of age, but I might be very wrong about it and it only applies to players who started playing GW2 on it’s release date who then bought HoT.

Sadly it’s just that way to expand the character slots

Not true. You do not get a character slot at 3 years old. What happened was a whole brouhaha over Heart of Thorn’s pricing point and the lack of a character slot even though it was introducing a new class, and those of us who preordered even the normal edition of HoT got a free character slot.

The only way to get more character slots is to buy them from the gem store.

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Buying or upgrading to HoT deluxe edition (not the core deluxe edition) will also give you an extra character slot.

Posted by: sjado.7295

sjado.7295

Thanks for that guys, now I have something to aim for.