Infinite Clones Hacks

Infinite Clones Hacks

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sj Vermeulen.1470

Sj Vermeulen.1470

Am I the only person that is getting fed up with being blown up by mesmers with 7 or more clones out in WvW?

It seems more and more people are using it and they don’t ever seem to get banned or anything, no matter how much we seem to report them…..

Not that we CAN actually report them since there is no option to report somebody for hacking…

Infinite Clones Hacks

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

I’ve never seen this before. Do you have screens or videos? I’d be interested to see it.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

Infinite Clones Hacks

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

Never seen this either. Are you sure it weren’t clones from different mesmers that looked similar..? :/

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

Infinite Clones Hacks

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

i am a Mesmer and i never seen a hack like you said! I already seen however two Mesmers with identical names and chars (gear, color, etc…). Do you have any kind of proof to this claim? If you do, send it to ANet trough : https://en.support.guildwars2.com!

/Cheers

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Infinite Clones Hacks

Posted by: ThirtyOne.3976

ThirtyOne.3976

Screenshots might suffice or video proof just to be sure, if it’s that commonplace I’m sure you could capture it and send it to the developers either via support options in game or the separate support services (which can be located at the bottom of these very forum pages).

Now, to eliminate possible speculation, consider the following scenarios;

A) You were fighting a Mesmer shatter build, these are intended to throw out clones at a exceptional rate, and through various traits, utilities and cooldown management, a Shatter based Mesmer can easily produce enough clones for 3 or even all four shatters at (almost) full power (before considering illusionary persona).

B) You were fighting more than one Mesmer – I, as a former Mesmer player, would roam with other Mesmer, often those within same guilds and or of similar appearances to my own or since the WvW culling fix, any same race Mesmer, to perplex the opponent as much as possible with the illusions, even without Shatter builds, between X+1 Mesmer, there will be clones, a lot of them.

Before any offense could be taken, I do want to clarify I have or had no intention of insinuating that you might be a inexperienced or a ‘bad player’, it’s just that more often than not, smart play can be easily misinterpreted as hacking.

Save my heart tomorrow.

Infinite Clones Hacks

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

The only thing I can think of is that if you activate a Shatter skill, those active illusions now don’t count toward the max 3. So while they are chasing you around, the mesmer can spawn another couple illusions. The mesmer can then shatter the new illusions. If those original illusions are still alive and chasing you, they are joined by the newer illusions. All I can think of.

This mechanic shouldn’t be changed either. Illusions are easy to kill and a mesmer shouldn’t be kitten and not able to create more just because of endless kiting.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Infinite Clones Hacks

Posted by: Edell.1286

Edell.1286

2 or more Mesmers from a same guild would bear the same name in WvW (server’s invader [tag]), and if you had your graphics turned down, it’s possible you had the basic models applied to the mesmers (green, blue, or red models).

Infinite Clones Hacks

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

Its not a hack, its quick reflexes, mesmer forums and look for ‘’seven mirror’’ build it’s a shatter build and basically you get three, send them in for a bomb while there running summon another 3 and send them in for another bomb (i.e. mind wrack + confusion or imobolize + mind wrack) this normally comes with a blurred frenzy for increased damage.

the 3 summoned after you have pressed the shatter keys do nothing until they are active (which is after the others have shattered) and generally are invisible until the others have gone boom.

alternatly they are just incredibly fast at summons phantasms and clones, spec for it an you will have an endless supply..

no hack, learn game mechanics before you moan.

also video please and we mesmers will be able to tell you exactly what build it is.

edit: in close quarters and quick summons you do see around 6 clones plus the ones you dodge or summon to escape and wait for the next round.

Infinite Clones Hacks

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

There’s a video around with a sPvP team of 5 identical looking mesmers, clones everywhere… maybe it’s something like that you saw?..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Infinite Clones Hacks

Posted by: robert.3475

robert.3475

reporting false stuff can get you banned also.so be sure your right .i have a mesmer and do wvw 8 hrs a day and never seen this.but mesmers can have 3 clones and a phastm at same time so that woul;d be 4

Infinite Clones Hacks

Posted by: EXireXs.3602

EXireXs.3602

Yeah basically mesmer with the same gears and weapons, and also on the same guild will be seen as twins (or hacks as you say)

oh right. Also the same appearance and race!

(edited by EXireXs.3602)

Infinite Clones Hacks

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

reporting false stuff can get you banned also.so be sure your right .i have a mesmer and do wvw 8 hrs a day and never seen this.but mesmers can have 3 clones and a phastm at same time so that woul;d be 4

How can you do that?. I play a mesmer (though not in WvW) and I’ve been able to have more than 3 illusions at a time (phantasms and clones), anytime a 4th is created, one of the existing three (clones if there’s a phantasm) dissipates.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Infinite Clones Hacks

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

Lool. Looks like you’re talking about culling replacement system. Those colored models are not the clones. The engine use the same model for everyone and this is speeding up things. You can modify the effect in options menu

Infinite Clones Hacks

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

To Op

I’ve discussed this with many guilds and players before posting this.

No one had Never seen this “Infinite Clones Hacks” you are claiming about.

As someone had already stated, robert, “reporting false stuff can get you banned..”

The Choice is yours.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

Infinite Clones Hacks

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I know my server has some identical twin brother Mesmers with same name that run around nuking people ans confusing their own server as well XD They probably aren’t only ones to do that.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Infinite Clones Hacks

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

I also can just agree with the other replies here. It probably was either a Mesmer creating new clones before the old ones were shattered (in which case you can see up to 6 clones at once), or you happened to stumble over something like this…:

Infinite Clones Hacks

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

Hm, that might be what happened to me in WvW yesterday. Three teammate and I were exploring, and we rounded a corner and all of us insta-died. No second chance or anything. The only thing we saw as we were lying there was an enemy mesmer run by.

None of us saw any clones, though, but I can’t think of any scenario that would instantly down 3 different players without a second chance but some weird glitch/exploit/hack like this.

Infinite Clones Hacks

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

This mesmer with 7 of more clones you saw was using the feared 30/30/30/30/30 build, illusion cap goes up to 10 and illusion summoning skills are reduced by 80%. This is only available to mesmers who are rank 80 in spvp, which is why ts so rare.

Alternatively: when illusions are issued a shatter command, they dont count towards the cap anymore, letting the mesmer create new illusions without the shattering ones dissipating.
This is only possible when the illusions have to run a small while so it should be easy to dodge.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

Infinite Clones Hacks

Posted by: Moderator.9672

Moderator.9672

Hi everybody,

If you believe a player is hacking, please report him by submitting a ticket to the support. Add screenshots or videos if possible.

Thanks for your help!
The topic is locked.