Infinite continue coin

Infinite continue coin

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: iceey.1607

iceey.1607

It’s really disappointing that support have firmly refused to refund this item. I’d just like to point out that it’s been over two YEARS since this item has had any use. Has any in game purchase item been useless for that long?

To be clear, I know the content is coming back ‘at some point.’ I think people deserve refunds for the interim time.

I know Gaile has responded officially to this before, but the policy is so wrong that I feel like I have to bring it up again.

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

I would say after two years, it should be plausible to give refunds. I don’t know why they would engage in such business practices of selling an item for content then removing/breaking it and then refuse to give a refund because “at some point” it may come back. Maybe if they gave a meaning to “some point” people wouldn’t be as upset about it but at this point it feels like they are just trying to ignore it and hope people forget about so they can keep their money.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

This will definitely get merged into the SAB thread. but i agree that it has been way too long that they have not refunded this item. They sold something for recurring content and then stopped rereleasing that content. It is understandable if something breaks but if something breaks you refund the item. If i paid for my meal ahead of time and then the kitchen broke i would expect the refund to be given quickly and with an apology.

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s really disappointing that support have firmly refused to refund this item. I’d just like to point out that it’s been over two YEARS since this item has had any use. Has any in game purchase item been useless for that long?

To be clear, I know the content is coming back ‘at some point.’ I think people deserve refunds for the interim time.

I know Gaile has responded officially to this before, but the policy is so wrong that I feel like I have to bring it up again.

I was just discussing this with a friend. He loves (just loves loves loves) SAB and bought the coin and every time he returns after an absence, his first question is, “did I miss the return of SAB?” He’s a reasonable guy and ‘gets’ why it’s not in the game.

Still, speaking as someone who never much cared for SAB, I agree with the OP: ANet should refund the gems. People bought with a reasonable expectation to play more than one ‘season’ and for various decent reasons, those expectations couldn’t be fulfilled. Consequently, it would be reasonable for ANet to do something nice for all the folks that spent the gems without being able to make use of it.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

We talk here about 7.50€ (or about 126g to buy), that’s one beer where I live, in other countries maybe two. But really, don’t you have other priorities?

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: FOX.3582

FOX.3582

We talk here about 7.50€ (or about 126g to buy), that’s one beer where I live, in other countries maybe two. But really, don’t you have other priorities?

Where I live, for €7,50- a homeless person can sleep 3 or 4 days in a shelter on cold winter nights…

Man what a comment… -.-

On topic: You guys know we are talking about Arenanet right¿

What does the FOX say¿!

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: Jasonbdj.4021

Jasonbdj.4021

SAB will probably return later on next year, for now they are quite busy with the HoT expansion.

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

you people bought infinite continue coin KNOWING it was temporary content, the coin was to grant infinite continues during the event duration, the event is over, and they don’t have to have any obligation to bring it back… I’m pretty sure they said they would, but later, their focus is HoT right now.

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: Kiza.5630

Kiza.5630

Where I live, for €7,50- a homeless person can sleep 3 or 4 days in a shelter on cold winter nights…

Man what a comment… -.-

You can’t compare that. We’re talking about persons who can afford to buy a computer, the game and pay their electricity bill. That has nothing to do with “look at me I’m so rich”.

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Man what a comment… -.-

You can’t compare that. We’re talking about persons who can afford to buy a computer, the game and pay their electricity bill. That has nothing to do with “look at me I’m so rich”.

But comparing it to a beer is ok. Right.

I’m glad I don’t live there, I’d have to work roughly 2 – 2,5 hours for a beer (with above avarage payment).

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

If all I read were the forums, I’d swear this game was called Refund Wars 2.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

After bumping into like the the 20th comment where you say, “I’m so rich, f you plebs”, I’m really wondering, where do you live?

I’m from Switzerland. Yeah, I am sorry, sometimes I am just shocked, how cheap it is elsewhere… We can afford more in comparison although the living costs are very high.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Everyone knows that I’m a white knight, but even I think refunds for those who want them is the right thing to do. Because when we bought them we didn’t assume they’d be useless for the next two years.

I know Colin said SAB will defiinitely be back, and I know he told us why it wasn’t just out there for use (it’s broken due to physics changes made to the game engine), but yeah, I think it should be refunded.

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Guys please stop talking about a refund.

Stand Still alltogether and scream for SAB :freedom:

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: Riesty.9075

Riesty.9075

the only way i support a refund would be if
all refundet infinite coins accounts are flaggd and they are never ever able to buy it again
you bought it and used it
probably for tribulation mode to get the fancy green and yellow versions of the sab weapons
you chose to buy it now deal with it

wtb a new sab titel “i survied in SAB tribulation with out infinit live coin” or “unbreakabl”
only accesibl for people finished it and never bought that item

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

all refundet infinite coins accounts are flaggd and they are never ever able to buy it again
probably for tribulation mode to get the fancy green and yellow versions of the sab weapons

wtb a new sab titel “i survied in SAB tribulation with out infinit live coin” or “unbreakabl”

What about those of us who didn’t farm it. We just played it, enjoyed it a bit, expecting to be able to play it again at another time? We don’t count?

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

It’s not about the price, but the usefulness of the item. If there was a change in the game that removed plant nodes would you ask for a refund on your infinite gathering?

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: Riesty.9075

Riesty.9075

What about those of us who didn’t farm it. We just played it, enjoyed it a bit, expecting to be able to play it again at another time? We don’t count?

nothing wrong with that
there was no reason to buy that coin if you not play tribulation mode
even if you are bad at jumping puzzle stuff in normal mode for my experience you had enough lives

on that incident i blame them 2 times
1 making the normal continue coin drop less frequent from normal jump puzzle chests and world event boss chests to incentivise the infinite coin buy
2 “tricked” the peopl with a sooner yearly april release expectation

sure you used it even if you not farmed the skins
i expected SAB comeback also much faster and not this long waiting game
but the only thing we can do is wait for the comeback
if you whant that gems NOW back because of reasons and no pation to wait they should at least be a punishment to it like never ever able to buy this explicit item again

if SAB never come back (still possibl)
yes they have to give the money back but as long as they stay with soon in the futur nothing is of the table and the other crap information they not tricked or betrayed you and its your fault sry fanboy you should lower sometimes the expectations :P
and if this happen one day i can not wait to read all the outrage even my own one

my exüectation i would like to see a fix shedule with events over the year
china new year, SAB ,dragon festival, halloween, wintersday
all on a fix shedule would be great
with good farming stuff alonge with them like gw1
(side note: i would nerf maize balm farm →only working in october-november as a limitaion and not over the entire year but thats up to mr lead econimist smith and his team)

still possibl but acutaly only halloween and wintersday are real on a good big scale comeback event level
so i also lowered my expectations :/

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: Hurrakan.4259

Hurrakan.4259

The problem is that the presentation of SAB was very misleading – because the “map” (attached) indicated that several “worlds” had already been designed/built – but now it seems like only worlds 1 and 2 were ever ready. Maybe that is why the wiki has a big empty space where the “interactive map” used to be…

That’s what fooled me – I thought SAB would be available for at least one month per year – but it never was. And when the Infinite Continue Coin was being sold, there was no indication that SAB would only be available for that one release (Back To School) and would be removed with the next patch.

The EU has better protections regarding digital goods and if I looked into it, they might be able to force ArenaNet to honour a refund – but I haven’t been playing GW2 for the last year and HoT seems to mean the death of the core game anyway.

Attachments:

(edited by Hurrakan.4259)

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

Seriously though you can’t ask for a refund just because your expectations were dashed. I myself have also bought the infinite continue coin and I don’t really see a problem with it. When I bought it I used it no matter how Long or short I still used it for its intended purpose, Anet didn’t cheat me of anything because the coin did come to use and fulfilled its purpose at that moment I bought it. I don’t get why people are asking for such ridiculous refunds just because their expectations of SAB were not what they had hoped. That’s life guys, you made the decision to buy it for what it is, an infinite continue coin, you used it in SAB. What I see from people asking for a refund is just a greedy money grab attempt. I myself have played all the SABs and enjoyed them all.

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: Hurrakan.4259

Hurrakan.4259

If I had known it would only be usable for a couple of weeks I would not have bought it. And ArenaNet gave zero indication that that would be the case. And strongly hinted that there would be a lot more SAB content.

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: Lagg.3960

Lagg.3960

You could always file a complaint with your credit card company. Nothing will come of it, though.

Best to just file this under “lack of foresight” and never purchase anymore “lifetime subscriptions” to anything. Case in point: Hellgate London.

Hey, I just bash you, and this is frenzy,
But here’s my Wammo, so heal me maybe?

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

Im torn on this… On one hand it was advertised as a life long contract, expecting the content to be continuing and on going yearly. On the other hand yes it is a purchase and some use was gotten out of it. Still tho, I see it as false advertisement and a refund should be given to those who want it. I am going to keep mine for the day they release the content again, But I have no qualms with those who want a refund.

Its the same as the refunds that were issued on HoT pre-orders…

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

What bothers me is that it shouldn’t even come close to hypothetical discussion of contacting credit card companies.

It’s just common courtesy and standard (not even good) customer service to offer an apology and refund (or some form of lesser compensation) when you don’t deliver the expected product in the expected time. If you go into a restaurant and the food is delayed, then even with no prior mention of fast delivery they will always apologise and offer at least a discount on the bill.

It just makes ANet look like they will disregard their paying customers if and when they can. Which is fine, unless they want to foster any kind of customer loyalty or positivity.

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

We get the final lvl in 15 years dont worry Motto is working hard at it…

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

If I had known it would only be usable for a couple of weeks I would not have bought it. And ArenaNet gave zero indication that that would be the case. And strongly hinted that there would be a lot more SAB content.

This. I bought it with the idea that SAB would be back with a new chapter the next year. I’d also never had bought it had I known I would never be able to play it anymore.

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I swear if there’s not at least one vaporware joke in the next SAB update I will be super sad.

Moto had best comment on the delayed production schedule next time we see him.

Heck, they should at least update his dialogue with some soon and when it’s done jokes in the mean time.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

On the bright side, in a million years, when SAB finally becomes permanently available, the Infinite Continue Coin will still work.

And ArenaNet still won’t be giving refunds for it.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: Ehra.5240

Ehra.5240

Seriously though you can’t ask for a refund just because your expectations were dashed.

You absolutely can. When something is released with the implication that it’s going to return regularly (Back to School happened ~6 months after the first run, the hub featured walled off entrances to additional worlds that were implied to be released in future runs) then never appears again, it’s absolutely valid to expect a refund. This is along the lines of how Anet ran all of those sales for the GW2 base game, told people they would need the base game for the expansion, then suddenly announces that HoT comes with the base game bundled right when it’s available for pre-order. They eventually at least conceded by offering the character slots because enough people raised a stink over how misleading they were.

If it turned out that Guild Halls weren’t ready and we wouldn’t be seeing them for 2+ years later, it would also be reasonable for people to expect refunds for the expansion if they desired.

(edited by Ehra.5240)

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

It just makes ANet look like they will disregard their paying customers if and when they can. Which is fine, unless they want to foster any kind of customer loyalty or positivity.

There’s no “making it look like” about it anymore.

ANet absolutely disregards their paying customers if and when they can.

See: Continue Coin, Flame Armor, Karma Boosts, etc.

Infinite continue coin

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

ArenaNet should refund anyone with an infinite continue coin, luckily I didn’t buy one, but I almost did. If not refund give a timeline on when SAB is potentially returning.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw