Infinite use stuff should be account unlock

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: EARL.8312

EARL.8312

There should have a new tab in hero panel that have these items once you’ve unlock them, then you can redeem it on any of your characters/

My guildies and friends advice me to not buy them on tp coz its not worth for having 8+ lvl 80s that you switch to play every now and then. And i agree to them i find it frustrating to visit bank, store these types of items then switch to my alt to play wvw, then do it again coz im doing world boss to my ele, then do it again with warrior for dungeon, then for guardian in fractals… this problem doesn’t do much to those who have main characters and probably won’t agree to my suggestion but this is what i have been waiting for this feature patch and its sad that it doesn’t exist.

Well this suggestion may increase how many players will buy these item rather than decreasing coz ppl, like me which don’t want to buy these coz these are not alt-friendly may actually buy and collect them…

Items that should be account unlocks IMO
Copper-fed
Silver-fed(does ppl actually buy this?)
All infinite harvesting items
Captain Airship Pass
Royal Terrace Pass
Permanent Bank Contract
Permanent Merchant Contract
Permanent Black Lion Trader
Banker Golem
All Toys whether its musical instrument, bubblehead laboratory, kite etc.
Home portal Stone
Feel free to add if i forgot something that should been in here.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Just so you know – not everyone who has many characters has this problem. I can see how it’s a problem for you and others, though.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Personally I usually have all my characters logged out in front of a bank so it’s not a big deal for me.

However, I too would like this stuff to be account-wide unlocks. But you gotta look at it from Anet’s perspective.

Some players are enticed to buy more than 1 of these gem shop items to avoid the “hassle” of having to transfer it between characters through the bank. Some of these items are rather pricey, such as 1,000 gems each for infinite use gathering tools. I would have bought that permanent Airship Pass when it was available for a week or so not too long ago but I couldn’t buy gems at the time, or get enough gold to trade for gems. The Airship Pass was also 1,000 gems. And some of those other items the OP lists probably cost about 1,000 gems a piece. Some of the items in the OP’s list come from black lion chests, which means people need to buy a ton more keys if they want get more than 1.

So from Anet’s perspective they can make more money from suckers people too lazy to use their bank people who want more convenience.

There’s something charming about rangers.

EARL.8312

I don’t really know why Anet still didn’t apply this. Maybe you’re right they think they’ll get more profit by having people buy multiple of these items. But maybe there’s no one suggested it yet. Even to you having this change may never get a hassle to let your characters to sit to bank everytime you log-out. It’s better to give your players quality of life changes rather than making others to buy multiple of your stuff just to get more convenience and other getting tired and leave the game.

(edited by EARL.8312)

zenleto.6179

It’s a bit rude calling people who like to buy a few of these things “lazy”. How is it any lazier than not wanting to spend a minute or two going to your bank?

Charrbeque.8729

I don’t really know why Anet still didn’t apply this. Maybe you’re right they think they’ll get more profit by having people buy multiple of these items. But maybe there’s no one suggested it yet. Even to you having this change may never get a hassle to let your characters to sit to bank everytime you log-out. It’s better to give your players quality of life changes rather than making others to buy multiple of your stuff just to get more convenience and other getting tired and leave the game.

I did say I would also like infinite use items as account unlocks so I didn’t have to use the bank to transfer it between toons. I was explaining why I think Anet has these items the way they are, and my opinion is they can make more money from it.

It’s a bit rude calling people who like to buy a few of these things “lazy”. How is it any lazier than not wanting to spend a minute or two going to your bank?

Read my post again. I said “people who want more convenience”. The “lazy” part was struck through.

Of course you didn’t say anything about calling people suckers for buying multiples of these items, which was also struck through.

To be honest it would be nice. It is a bit annoying when I switch characters only to realize I forgot to put something in the bank because it can take a minute or 2 each time just to load into the freaking map.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

zenleto.6179

EARL joined in with the lazy. He’s since edited it out.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s been suggested quite a few times, so I’m sure the Devs are aware of it. Probably could find several threads over in the BLTC sub-forum, as well as in this one.

Charrbeque.8729

I forgot to answer the OP’s question.

Yes. I did buy a Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic, and others have bought it also.

I have no regrets!

[Runs away]

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Riddle me this:

• What is the point of an infinite gathering tool, if you have to visit an NPC to get it out of the bank instead of having to visit a different NPC to buy a regular gathering tool?
  • What is the point of an infinite bank from anywhere item, if you have to visit a bank to get it in the first place?
  • What is the point of being able to teleport to and access an area with bank, trading post, crafting stations, etc if it kicks you out for not having the pass on your character and you can’t withdraw the pass from said area; but instead have to go to a bank to get the pass to use the area?

I have these “convenience” items on my guardian, my “main”. Why is my guardian a main? Because she can use these convenience items hassle-free, while none of my other characters can. Anet really should just bite the bullet with this one and make them account-wide unlocks; refunding gems to those who’ve stocked up on duplicates. The upcoming UI changes look perfect for this sort of thing as well…

EARL.8312

Riddle me this:

• What is the point of an infinite gathering tool, if you have to visit an NPC to get it out of the bank instead of having to visit a different NPC to buy a regular gathering tool?
  • What is the point of an infinite bank from anywhere item, if you have to visit a bank to get it in the first place?
  • What is the point of being able to teleport to and access an area with bank, trading post, crafting stations, etc if it kicks you out for not having the pass on your character and you can’t withdraw the pass from said area; but instead have to go to a bank to get the pass to use the area?

I have these “convenience” items on my guardian, my “main”. Why is my guardian a main? Because she can use these convenience items hassle-free, while none of my other characters can. Anet really should just bite the bullet with this one and make them account-wide unlocks; refunding gems to those who’ve stocked up on duplicates. The upcoming UI changes look perfect for this sort of thing as well…

Very well said, that’s exactly what i wanted to point out here. Thanks

EARL.8312

I forgot to answer the OP’s question.

Yes. I did buy a Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic, and others have bought it also.

I have no regrets!

[Runs away]

Don’t run! I salute you(and others) for donating gems to support our game.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

level 80 experience scrolls and account wide everything confirmed

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think there is a lot more advantage to an Unlimited Gathering Tool, than just the one time-per-character-play-session of not having to visit the bank NPC. No equipping of different quality gathering tools, no carrying different tools and using up inventory space, no visits to NPCs to stock up, no ruined mats, etc. That is what the difference is. Same with the bank item, etc.

I doubt they will make them Account-wide, but I suppose one never knows.