Infinitely Repeatable Achievements?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SnowMochi.7602

SnowMochi.7602

I’ve heard a few players brag about being able to gain 20-30 achievement points EVERY DAY on top of the 10 points the daily gives us. When I asked these players how they are getting the extra points, they refused to answer.

So, are there such things as infinitely repeatable achivements that have no caps on points earned or are these players exploiting a bug or two?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t know. But you can check up on them and see if they’re blowing smoke or if they’re really getting that many AP each day.

1) Friend them
2) Go to the Leaderboards
https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/achievements
3) login, select friends
4) make note of their AP and see if it goes up each day by the amount they claim.
(The Leaderboard may lag by a few hours before it updates).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

SnowMochi.7602

@ Just a flesh wound: thanks for the step-by-step! It’s more out of curiosity than anything else. As an intellectual exercise, I’m going to give this a week or so to see if – like you mentioned – the claims are valid.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

It’s true through salvaging . . . until you hit the 250 cap. If I had to guess, that’s what these players are talking about. And I’ll also guess those players haven’t realized they’re getting nothing despite the ‘achievement’ showing up each time they do it. I see those points scroll past every other day. I know I’m getting nothing despite this, but I’ll bet they don’t.

If I had to guess.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

SnowMochi.7602

@ Ardenwolfe: this has happened to me in the sense that, for a long time I ignored the alerts that told me I had completed Agent of Entropy. I just assumed I was getting the 2 pts. every single time. Then one day I DID pay attention and laughed when I saw I no longer got points for doing the achievement.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

There are achievements that are infinitely repeatable, however there is an AP cap on each of them. Once you hit that cap, no more AP for that achievement.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I’ve heard a few players brag about being able to gain 20-30 achievement points EVERY DAY on top of the 10 points the daily gives us. When I asked these players how they are getting the extra points, they refused to answer.

So, are there such things as infinitely repeatable achivements that have no caps on points earned or are these players exploiting a bug or two?

I suspect the reason they refused to answer was because there aren’t any infinitely repeatable achievements and they realised they were about to be reveal that they were talking out of their backsides.

SnowMochi.7602

@Pifil: aye, they could be letting out a lot of “hot air”. lol

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The other possibility is that they are relatively new players (or experienced players with new accounts) who haven’t done a lot of achievements yet, so they’re doing the daily and then 20-30 points worth of additional, non-repeatable achievements.

Meaning it’s not something they can keep up indefinitely or something that will get them ahead of people already at the top of the leaderboard, but it would allow them to catch up quicker than people who don’t focus on completing achievements.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

nothing to worry about, if there is a exploit on ap, i would have know, trust me, i ahve 28k ap and i stop doing much ap since a year ago.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com