Info from the Gem Store Blog Post

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Just some additional info from the gem store blog post regarding transmutations and trading post:

Coming Soon – Feature Pack Changes
As many of you are aware, there are some exciting changes on the horizon! The Black Lion Trading Company is making some adjustments, which I’d like to address now:

To support the new Wardrobe system, Transmutation Crystals and Transmutation Stones will be converted into Transmutation Charges! Double-click on stored Crystals to convert them 1:1 into Charges, and double-click on stored Stones to convert them 3:1 into Charges. Transmutation Charges will replace Crystals as drops from the Black Lion Chest.

Transmutation Splitters will continue to work on items that were transmuted before the April 2014 Feature Pack. You also have the option of exchanging Transmutation Splitters for 5 Charges at a Black Lion Armor Trader in any major trading post.

Finally, from April 15 onward, your Trading Post history will show only the last 90 days. If you want to look further back into your transaction history, you’ll need to do so in the next week!

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

What? Why are they removing transaction history?

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

3 million players… 10,000+ transactions per player which include date, item, quantity, and price…

While i’m sure they love storing 100’s of billions of items in their database it is probably slowing down the TP trying to access them.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

3 million players… 10,000+ transactions per player which include date, item, quantity, and price…

While i’m sure they love storing 100’s of billions of items in their database it is probably slowing down the TP trying to access them.

So it wasn’t slowing things down for the last two years? It just seems like an arbitrary decision to make.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: bob.5680

bob.5680

How do you know that? I’ve had lots of incidents when the trading post was very slow. Are you certain that the extensive history wasn’t at least partly involved?

So it wasn’t slowing things down for the last two years? It just seems like an arbitrary decision to make.

Oops, looks like I screwed up my post and my data wound up in the wrong place. I was trying to respond to Guhracie’s comment…sigh.

(edited by bob.5680)

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

The China market has the potential to dwarf the current markets in size. This minor problem may easily become a major one there, and they seem to be trying to keep the important mechanics of the two versions of the game as closely matched as possible. Thus, we get the changes to things like this that are needed for the China client.

I’m pretty sure that’s part of where the Megaserver stuff comes from, too. It’s designed to reduce server load.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Well, 90 days transaction log seems reasonable.
Keep an infinite log of every player transactions is an impractical idea, this would happen sooner or later.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Who says it wasn’t? It takes 5-6 minutes for me to load my transaction window. I usually go get a snack while I wait. Sometimes it crashes the TP and I have to log out and reload it.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not even the first time they announced it:

Coming Soon – Trading History Changes

From April 15 onward, your Trading Post history will show only the last 90 days. If you want to look further back into your transaction history, you’ll need to do so in the next two weeks!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/new-finishers-back-items-and-more-in-the-gem-store/

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

“Transmutation Charges will replace Crystals as drops from the Black Lion Chest.”

No mention of Transmutation stones being replaced by anything, so i guess now we know. They will simply get removed.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Erus Keb.8379

Erus Keb.8379

“Transmutation Charges will replace Crystals as drops from the Black Lion Chest.”

No mention of Transmutation stones being replaced by anything, so i guess now we know. They will simply get removed.

Please read the OP again. Hint: 3:1

Astralporing.1957

Please read the OP again. Hint: 3:1

That’s the info for already existiing stones and crystals. Not for drops.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Yes, but from April 15 you will get 1 transmutation charge per map completion, which is equivalent to 3 transmutation stones except better cuz you can actually create new characters completing city maps to get these.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Who says it wasn’t? It takes 5-6 minutes for me to load my transaction window. I usually go get a snack while I wait. Sometimes it crashes the TP and I have to log out and reload it.

Same here. I don’t often look at my transaction history but part of the reason is that it’s so slow to load.

I doubt this was an impulse decision. It’s quite likely they noticed it was getting to be a problem a while ago but wanted to discuss how best to handle it. They might even have decided a while ago and waited for a logical update to include it in.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Astralporing.1957

Yes, but from April 15 you will get 1 transmutation charge per map completion, which is equivalent to 3 transmutation stones except better cuz you can actually create new characters completing city maps to get these.

Will I? I haven’t noticed them mentioning this anywhere. Only that the Transformation stones get removed, that you can convert those you have already obtained, and that trans crystals will get replaced by charges.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Claudius.5381

Claudius.5381

It was mentioned in yesterday’s Ready Up. See Dulfy’s notes.

Astralporing.1957

It was mentioned in yesterday’s Ready Up. See Dulfy’s notes.

Thank you. Didn’t notice that one. In that case i withdraw my previous comments.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

They don’t want you checking your history and going “WHAT?!? I spent HOW much on gems over the past year?!? Screw this for a game of soldiers, I’m off to play something that offers better value for money!”.

It’s all a part of obscuring the real cost of gems.
Gems exist in the first place to confuse the consumer as to the value of micro transactions. If ArenaNet were more confident that what they were offering was truly value for money, they’d show dollar prices for gem store goods. But studies have proven that even one layer of abstraction serves to obfuscate the true value of items and disconnect the player from the real world value of these transactions. And when consumers don’t understand this, they are liable to spend more without realising it.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Belzebu.3912

They don’t want you checking your history and going “WHAT?!? I spent HOW much on gems over the past year?!? Screw this for a game of soldiers, I’m off to play something that offers better value for money!”.

It’s all a part of obscuring the real cost of gems.
Gems exist in the first place to confuse the consumer as to the value of micro transactions. If ArenaNet were more confident that what they were offering was truly value for money, they’d show dollar prices for gem store goods. But studies have proven that even one layer of abstraction serves to obfuscate the true value of items and disconnect the player from the real world value of these transactions. And when consumers don’t understand this, they are liable to spend more without realising it.

I hope that you are just “trolling” but …
They will remove the trading post history, not the gem store history, also … conspiracy much?

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

Ah, didn’t read the notes, my bad.

But the stuff about gems and micro-transactions being conspiracy theory?
Not really. There are regular seminars about this stuff at the big developer expos and articles on Gamasutra explaining how best to leverage these tools to exploit your audience.

Just because you’re unaware of this stuff, it doesn’t mean it’s not true.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Removing the gemstore history doesnt hide how much you’ve spend on them. That information is written in ink on your credit card statement and no amount of “tinfoil” theories will remove it from there.

Also, I’m not sure how many players would be interested in what they bought or sold 3 months ago, let alone 3 days or weeks ago. TP flippers aside, it cuts down on the amount of processing and storage it requires.

Belzebu.3912

Yup, when I want to see how much I spent I look in my PayPal history, and not in the gem story log.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Does this mean those little bits of information being freed up will allow Rangers to save pet names???

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Belzebu.3912

Does this mean those little bits of information being freed up will allow Rangers to save pet names???

Could be used for that, but probably wont.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Could be used for that, but probably wont.

Maybe if you want to name it Iron Ore or Pop Gun Skin….

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.