Informed Politics

Informed Politics

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Firstly I was both amused and annoyed to find myself doing this achievement in spite of feeling like the last thing I want to deal with right now is fictional politics.

Secondly can anyone tell me if this sign is new? If I translated it correctly it says Stay the Blade, which is fairly ambiguous but could be referring to the Shining Blade. I’m sure I’ve been through this part of the Eastern Commons before (I’ve been all over DR repeatedly) but I wouldn’t completely trust my own memory.

Attachments:

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Informed Politics

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I don’t remember seeing the signs (there are a few throughout the Krytan areas) before this week. But, like you, I don’t completely trust my own memory.

Edit: Looks like someone down in the Lore section saw them, too. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lore/Stay-the-Blade/first#post6205208

Informed Politics

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I thought I saw (well, rather heard) new NPCs or, at least, new dialogue from NPCs scattered around. But….I can’t really rely on my memory, either. I could just have missed it, or forgotten.

I haven’t seen the new posters/signs, or I have but didn’t notice.

Informed Politics

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

This may be tangential but… I like this kind of scavenger hunt achievement and enjoyed this one…. except that, once again, anet have released another event where there’s just some little niggly annoying thing about it, like a fly in an otherwise excellent soup. It’s as if nobody’s really testing every aspect of these events, maybe doing a few spot checks and calling it a day.

In this one, at some of the posters, the npcs are clustered so closely to the poster that you really have to strive to find a spot where the poster’s Interact action appears instead of a npc Talk action. Usually this is jumping up on a ledge or something on the wall on which the poster is pasted. It’s not a difficult workaround but.. come on, does there have to be a workaround?! The Interact action should override the Talk actions. Or the NPCs should be further away from the poster. I would really love to have one event where I can just say, “Yes. This was a perfect event. I love you, anet.”

Sorry for the interruption. Back to your regular programme.

Informed Politics

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I will note that I have been enjoying my character’s exclamations when arriving at an Executioner fight (which I did many times today due to needing to wp and run back, ahem). The one I recall as it happened most often was “What the— !” And once there was another one, wish I could remember it now but my brain only retains the “oooh there is more than one!” feeling. Playing on human male.

Has anyone else noticed their characters being amazed by the Legendary bandit?

Informed Politics

Danikat.8537

This may be tangential but… I like this kind of scavenger hunt achievement and enjoyed this one…. except that, once again, anet have released another event where there’s just some little niggly annoying thing about it, like a fly in an otherwise excellent soup. It’s as if nobody’s really testing every aspect of these events, maybe doing a few spot checks and calling it a day.

In this one, at some of the posters, the npcs are clustered so closely to the poster that you really have to strive to find a spot where the poster’s Interact action appears instead of a npc Talk action. Usually this is jumping up on a ledge or something on the wall on which the poster is pasted. It’s not a difficult workaround but.. come on, does there have to be a workaround?! The Interact action should override the Talk actions. Or the NPCs should be further away from the poster. I would really love to have one event where I can just say, “Yes. This was a perfect event. I love you, anet.”

Sorry for the interruption. Back to your regular programme.

You can click on the poster to target it and get the Interact option even if the game things you’re facing an NPC or they’re closer. Unless the NPCs are so crowded around it that you can’t even see the actual poster (which I haven’t seen and I’ve done almost all of them) that will solve the problem.

I will note that I have been enjoying my character’s exclamations when arriving at an Executioner fight (which I did many times today due to needing to wp and run back, ahem). The one I recall as it happened most often was “What the— !” And once there was another one, wish I could remember it now but my brain only retains the “oooh there is more than one!” feeling. Playing on human male.

Has anyone else noticed their characters being amazed by the Legendary bandit?

I haven’t. I suppose this is the downside of using the option to disable player chatter, although I’ve also had sound turned off most of the time in the last few days. I might have to try doing one with it turned on if I get a chance over the weekend.

That pretty much mirrors my reactions however. Getting death threats and assassins coming after you isn’t unusual in RPGs, the gameplay tends to involve making yourself a problem for a lot of dangerous, powerful people.

But at this point in the story, when our characters have been directly involved in killing two Elder Dragons and literally thousands of other beasts and people, including numerous champions and legendary creatures getting a death threat from the local bandits was laughable. My initial reaction was to literally laugh out loud and think “They’re welcome to try”.

When I saw that the Bandit Executioner was a legendary rank enemy I quickly re-evaluated the situation, and then again when I realised it could appear more than once per person. Suddenly it seems like a much more serious threat.

Still doesn’t put me off hunting down their leaders however. I’ll just have to kill their executioners too.

Informed Politics

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

You can click on the poster to target it and get the Interact option even if the game things you’re facing an NPC or they’re closer.

Thank you so much. I feel stupid for not trying that.

Informed Politics

Danikat.8537

You can click on the poster to target it and get the Interact option even if the game things you’re facing an NPC or they’re closer.

In general it’s better not to. Doing it in combat is seen as much the same as keyboard turning or clicking your skills to activate them. You can but you really shouldn’t so it’s best not to do it outside of combat either to break the habit.

But it’s one habit I’ve never been able to break (it’s the main reason I don’t use Action Camera much) and very occasionally it does come in useful.

Informed Politics

Donari.5237

I got another exclamation (human male) last night heading to an Executioner: “By the Gods!”

I will have to try the fights on other races/genders to see what other new voice recordings there might be.

Informed Politics

Donari.5237

Here’s my current found exclamations, researched by finding legendary fights and running away repeatedly like a coward so I could run back in. It’s far from an exhaustive list, so if anyone else has noticed what their characters say, please chime in!

Human male:
“By the Gods!”
“What the — !”
“Whoa!”

Female Sylvari:
“Oh my!”
“Blessed Mother!”

Male Norn:
“Jormag’s Tooth!” (after 4 or 5 times of only getting that I felt very guilty and went in to help fight the thing).

Female Asura:
“What in the Alchemy?”
“Great Glowing Gadgets!” (and then again I felt guilty especially as two guildies were fighting that one, so I helped).

I tried on female Charr but couldn’t find an Executioner fight active before I hit the wall and had to quit.

Informed Politics

Donari.5237

Alright, got a couple more.

Female Charr:
Flaming Lizard Lips!
Hwoooarrgghhh … best I can do, it’s an incoherent spoken snarl.

Female Human:
Woo or Whoa or Eww … it’s not very distinct, more of an exclamation than a word
Six Above!
No way!

Male Sylvari:
Bloody Thorns!
That’s unexpected!

(edited by Donari.5237)

Informed Politics

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

Alright, got a couple more.

Wonderful collection! Is there any way I could convince you to keep the list on the wiki up to date?

G R E E N E R

Informed Politics

Donari.5237

Aha! I can do the community contribution method but I fail at wiki editing. heads to wiki

Informed Politics

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

In general it’s better not to. Doing it in combat is seen as much the same as keyboard turning or clicking your skills to activate them. You can but you really shouldn’t so it’s best not to do it outside of combat either to break the habit.

But it’s one habit I’ve never been able to break (it’s the main reason I don’t use Action Camera much) and very occasionally it does come in useful.

errr there isnt a better way to grab a non-enemy target in combat, i do this all the time

i wouldnt say im a pro pvper or anything but you gotta use what you can as quickly as you can, and if interacting with an object (or selecting a downed ally) is gonna win the fight for you, you sure as hell better click on it/them and get the target that tab ignores!

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Informed Politics

Donari.5237

Actually you can keybind a select-next that toggles through things like inanimate objects.