Infusion conversion

Infusion conversion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

Simply put I have alot of unused fractal and wvw infusions due to skill balance patches changing my builds.

Why there is no easy way to convert my Infusions to a different Stat has bothered me for the longest time.

Wvw infusions cost 5 laurels and 125 wvw badges afaik, and if you don’t login everyday and or play wvw alot this can be an issue. Since all wvw infusions cost the same, players should be able to convert their stats with an npc easily, less waste in my bank, and less hassle to the support team.

Fractal Infusions, even the ones with +5stats have also been changed and now cost the same whichever Stat you choose, the only problem is, make sure you pick the right Stat because you can’t replace it, which is s2pid Imo.

Please anet make this long overdue change, ty.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

Infusion conversion

Posted by: LucyFurr.6589

LucyFurr.6589

+1 to this, I got so much trash +5 stat Infusions in my bank as well, would like to convert them to something useful thanks.

Infusion conversion

Posted by: Granada Garuda.8391

Granada Garuda.8391

Although I agree with OP that the +5 stat Infusions should be allowed to convert to the stats you prefer, it is a more important issue with the fractal +5 stat Infusions because they have a uniform price on the fractal vendor, the same vendor has upgrades and downgrades and extractors, and most importantly it cost alot of gold per +7 and even more so with the +9s(ex. +5 power, +9 agony infusion~rip gold).

The wvw infusions can be tedious to acquire with the laurels only found from daily rewards, the wvw badges on the other hand aren’t t as hard to get. I find myself always low on laurels though. Feelsbadman.

Infusion conversion

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If we can change stats on most ascended armor & weapons, it seems reasonable to have a similar mystic forge formula for transforming Stat+5 infusions. Plus, the infusions-with-auras can already be adjusted using a fairly standard formula.

So what about:

• Original Infusion
  • Anthology of Heroes (same as current formulas adjusting infusions-with-auras)
  • 25x ‘activator’ (e.g. powerful blood for power, elaborate totem for healing, …) (same)
  • some AR+7 infusions (similar to the use of ecto for weapon|armor conversions)

added: for what it’s worth, this probably won’t matter to me; I usually have a toon or three that can re-use any existing infusions. However, I suspect a lot more people would spend on infusions if they knew that they were going to be adjustable.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Infusion conversion

J envy.5270

I agree that it doesn’t make sense that you can change stat of armors and weapons but not stat Infusions.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

Infusion conversion

Granada Garuda.8391

I have alot of level 80s myself but I just find it a waste when I have an Infusion sitting on my bank because skill balance patches made it close to useless. Then I am forced to wait weeks just to get enough laurel again forth wvw infusions. As far as the fractal stat Infusions, it really is a waste of money when they not used.

Infusion conversion

Posted by: victor.9472

victor.9472

Agree to @OP request
When balance came up I thought on submiting a ticket to replace my 5x {+5 Vitality 9 Agony Resistence} for 5x {5 Power +9 Agony Resistance} since the cost to make both are the same. But then I was kinda shy.
For me, having +25 power or +25 vitality is not a big deal, but sometimes my OCD ticks and my DPS asks for moar powah =]

(edited by victor.9472)

Infusion conversion

Posted by: LucyFurr.6589

LucyFurr.6589

Agree to @OP request
When balance came up I thought on submiting a ticket to replace my 5x {+5 Vitality 9 Agony Resistence} for 5x {5 Power +9 Agony Resistance} since the cost to make both are the same. But then I was kinda shy.
For me, having +25 power or +25 vitality is not a big deal, but sometimes my OCD ticks and my DPS asks for moar powah =]

my OCD to min max my characters for raids(the only place where maxing dps REALLY matters) is the reason why this problem should be addressed by the devs and fixed in a later update.

Support devs can be really picky sometimes, they don’t always readily give you what you ask for, limits it to 2 infusions which you bought within a month, too many limitations, or they just plain say they can’t do what you ask(still talking about infusion conversion).

So i agree with the OP’s idea to make this changeable through an npc to skip the 3rd man(the dev) and get your infusion right without the hassle and crossing your fingers that the dev gets it right(which they mistake alot, ends up back and forth of messaging in support), and waiting for weeks. i’d gladly pay a small fee for it too, the way armor and weapons can change stats, its just not right how infusions are still backwards.

In simple terms, i bought an infusion with the gold/laurel/badges of my account ~ its my money and i feel i should be able to change it whenever i want.

Infusion conversion

J envy.5270

In simple terms, i bought an infusion with the gold/laurel/badges of my account ~ its my money and i feel i should be able to change it whenever i want.

totes, i just hate wasted unused infusions in my bank, and bugging support devs about it is a pain in the butt.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

Infusion conversion

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I have a lot of the wvw infusions in bank. I don’t mind being out the cost but I would like to burn them somehow other than trashcan.

Infusion conversion

Granada Garuda.8391

Easiest solution to this is have the npc give you back the cost of your unused infusion whether it be laurel and badges for wvw, or stab matrices and relics for fractals. I’m sure the coding to make this happen isn’t extremely difficult,nor would it pull devs out from working on the expansion or Ls eps.

If you don’t want that let us mystic forge it to a different stat.

Infusion conversion

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Easiest solution to this is have the npc give you back the cost of your unused infusion whether it be laurel and badges for wvw, or stab matrices and relics for fractals. I’m sure the coding to make this happen isn’t extremely difficult,nor would it pull devs out from working on the expansion or Ls eps.

If you don’t want that let us mystic forge it to a different stat.

I can’t imagine that refunds are easiest — that would have significant economic consequences. Conversions seem much more likely, since those would be material/wealth sinks rather than faucets.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Infusion conversion

Granada Garuda.8391

Refunds for wvw infusion doesn’t affect market since there account bound currency. For fractal Infusions, you can choose to convert the unused fractal stat Infusion to a new account bound item/currency that the player can then use to buy the stat they want, all this can be done on the same npc. No economic leaks, everyone’s happy, problem solved.