Instanced "dressing room"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

I suppose this has been suggested before, and I see there is/was a phone app of some sort that predated the wardrobe system, but I think we need something entirely in-game.

I’d really like to have an instanced area where you have all of the wardrobe items AND all of the dyes unlocked while you’re able to see your character in the field.

In other words, a place where I can see the character in action, with weapons out, doing moves, checking for clipping, checking for color matching issues, in a “live” environment with areas with different lighting scales.

It’s very difficult to get a good sense of this sort of thing in that little panel we have to use now as it only reveals a bit of this stuff. We only get to see how four dyes look together and only as splashed across an entire channel, not the way most players would probably apply them.

Armor and dyes are expensive and/or time-sucking propositions in many cases, only to find they don’t work out as well as you thought they would from the results in the static, generic preview option available currently.

(edited by Kruhljak.2705)

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

But then you wouldn’t obsessively chase after these items, just to see if they look good, get bored with it, and then repeat the process. :P

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I think this is a great idea, I have lost count of the amount of times I’ve messed about with various character looks and found that the UI is just not revealing enough, sometimes the colors do not show properly and when you end up with it on your live character it just does not look the same, worst case of that is when you change hairstyle or color and you end up wasting a lot of gems because I didn’t come out as you expected it, or you discover some strange textures that didn’t show up before.

I think it would be great to be able to test run your look, inspecting it in full size from every angle. Could also be fun to be able to personalize your changing room with scribing.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Wow, this is a fantastic idea! I think if I knew exactly what armor I wanted, I would have a goal to get that armor and I would actually have a goal to accomplish other than wandering around and killing random creatures.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I wish they would do that with the makeover kits too. There’s been more than one time I’ve redone hairstyles or colors after accepting the new look because it looks different in the game than it does in the preview.

But yeah. Definitely for armor. I’ve changed armor looks after accepting the change because it wasn’t the same as the preview.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

I forgot about Including the makeover kit options, which would be a great thing to have as well.

On the surface, the concept as a whole seems as though it shouldn’t be all that difficult a thing to add to the game, at least for the armor/weapons and dyes since it’s kinda just emulating a player with all those things unlocked and turning off cost for trans charges.

If a game has a nickname of Fashion Wars 2, it might as well embrace it all the way.