Instant 100% map completition?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

I would like to call out Colin and key game developers to assist this frequently asked request.

Idea is to unlock entire map through item(Gift of Exploration hopefully, after usage only to unlock entire central Tyria), so player can gain maximum mobility without completing entire map for 999999th time.

At certain point, it becomes so much boring that people simply don’t care and quit.

Not having this option in game can sometimes be frustrating, forcing people to grind maps and map and maps only to unlock same things they did so many times before.

I know that some of you here will agree with me on this while some wont.

But hey, I have my right to suggest and my right to ask from as I quite invested in this game, not only a lot of time but also my hard earned money.

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

(edited by TokyoGhost.6492)

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

the only thing i find annoying are the hearts some are extremely boring to do multiple times

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Perhaps it would be better to suggest, more specifically, some way of unlocking all waypoints somehow, since that’s what people usually really want. Seems like most people who want this could care less about unlocking vists, renown hearts, etc., so asking for map completion is overkill.

That might even be what you mean, that you just want some way of unlocking all waypoints, but it’s good to be clear about that.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

Perhaps it would be better to suggest, more specifically, some way of unlocking all waypoints somehow, since that’s what people usually really want. Seems like most people who want this could care less about unlocking vists, renown hearts, etc., so asking for map completion is overkill.

That might even be what you mean, that you just want some way of unlocking all waypoints, but it’s good to be clear about that.

nope, who would like to do hearts for 999999th time again? I mean seriously dude, are you sane?

If you wanted to do hearts then you obviously DO want to play central Tyria.

Time came for vets to get 100% map completition item, and I think Gift of Exploration is perfect.

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

the only thing i find annoying are the hearts some are extremely boring to do multiple times

This is the one thing I would ask for completion to be account wide on. I never liked the Hearts when they were introduced, and they are such a pain to keep doing on alt after alt. They don’t offer much experience or cash, so it would be nice to have them be account wide so I don’t have to keep doing them on all my alts. Or just have them as a discovery once you’ve done them once, so you don’t have to actually do them.

I liked GW2 the way it was without the Hearts. I don’t like that “busy work”, I just want to explore and do events. But gotta do the Hearts for map completion, so ugh.

Make it optional of course for those that enjoy them.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Odin of Ark.4860

Odin of Ark.4860

While we are at it, I want copies of my legendaries that I made on my character onto my ALTS. And I don’t mean the skins.

Posted by: smiling.9028

smiling.9028

I guess i’m the odd duck in this thread because I really enjoy doing map completion (including hearts) however I can see where some players wouldn’t. Redenaz has a great idea though with unlocking WP’s and I would also add removing map fog at the same time.

Bypassing content doesn’t affect other players game experience and it shouldn’t be limited to the few who are willing to chance exploits and game bugs so I don’t see why the OP doesn’t have a very valid suggestion.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

As long as it’s optional and you dont get any of the rewards for map completion, including Gift of Discovery or the character Star, then I don’t see a problem.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I’m surprised people feel so strongly about hearts. On the rare occasion that I need a karma vendor I don’t have yet, it usually doesn’t take that long to pick up a single heart or switch to my main. If I don’t need the karma vendor, and I’m not trying to do normal map completion, the Renown Heart just doesn’t matter.

I suggest some way of unlocking waypoints because that seems to be the most useful thing for alts, and seems more likely to actually happen than unlocking full map completion, which doesn’t seem to add a lot of benefit. What do you want hearts on alts for? The karma vendors, or are you actually hoping to make hearts account-wide, but still get map completion benefits?

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Nick Lentz.6982

Nick Lentz.6982

Then do not do them on multiple characters? You have the option to not do them. If you make an item to unlock all the maps, this game became pay to win. Not that it already borderlines with it. I hate doing map completion. But it is fun seeing stuff i forgot about.

Guardian of Maguuma
Grand Warden of I Crit Under Pressure.
message me for an invite ^_^

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I don’t think they will ever do this, however I do agree that the hearts are a total pain in the kitten after having been through the world several times. I really love the zones where you can just do events and whatnot. The new zones since LS2 are great in that way. They give decent rewards for you to come back and do events more than you normally would without burning you out. Especially the new zones as they have a really large amount of events to do.

But yea, I don’t think they should do this even if I would love to have all hearts completed on all my alts that aren’t 100% yet. If you want 100% on all chars you will have to go the long route like everyone else.

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

I would love it if hearts were removed from world exploration, but I doubt that’ll happen anytime soon.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: peter.2738

peter.2738

I am most certain they wont add this. Anet does not want to have empty starting areas.