Instant Trait Reset Item!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

•The Instant Trait Reset item is now available in the Gem Store in the Consumable category for 70 gems each or 5 for 300 gems. Players can use this item anytime they are not in combat to instantly have all their trait points reset. This item is not usable in structured PvP.

We’ve been asking for it. It is here. Shame it’s a gem store item. Cheap enough to have a few but I don’t see people making a habit of them.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Can’t we buy the Training books from our class trainer, and use those to retrait anywhere? Of course cheaper to talk to the class trainer, but pay a premium to be able to retrait anywhere in the world. So I guess with this other option, it comes out to be cheaper to buy Gems with gold and then buy instant trait reset item.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Why is it a shame it’s a gem store item? It’s something that people will pay for it they want it but it’s not needed.

That being said, I won’t be buying it because it’s not infinite use.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Seras.5702

Yes, the books were always an option but cost prohibitive. I had hoped this new item would come in the form of those books, sold by a vendor for silvers, maybe at 2x the cost of a reset (~7s).

As for costs, anyone know what the approximate cost would be for gold → 70 gems? (I’m at work atm)

(edited by Seras.5702)

Posted by: Celestial.4381

Celestial.4381

Can’t we buy the Training books from our class trainer, and use those to retrait anywhere? Of course cheaper to talk to the class trainer, but pay a premium to be able to retrait anywhere in the world. So I guess with this other option, it comes out to be cheaper to buy Gems with gold and then buy instant trait reset item.

I don’t think you can use these more than once on any one character. They merely unlock the higher-level trait lines.

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

I like buying items from the gem store, makes me feel like I’m supporting the game. But…. it just feels wrong to shell out cash every time you want to respec out in the world.

I’d much rather pay 10-15 dollars one time for unlimited respecs.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

each book type only resets your traits once, you cannot reuse them.

as for the new consumable, I wish they were a bit more expensive but we’ll see how it all works out. unlimited retraits would be horrible.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

its a pure shame… they made it for a consumable item and in gw1 it was a basic…

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

each book type only resets your traits once, you cannot reuse them.

as for the new consumable, I wish they were a bit more expensive but we’ll see how it all works out. unlimited retraits would be horrible.

On second thought unlimited uses would probably be bad. . I think people would feel forced to respec in between wvw fights, dungeon bosses, etc…. Maybe if it had a long cooldown of 1 hour or greater.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

Seras.5702

…. unlimited retraits would be horrible.

Why? The game has enough gold sinks. I don’t think being able to make build adjustments and experiment freely is ever a bad thing. It’s one of the things I loved so much about GW.

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

The Instant Trait Reset item is now available in the Gem Store in the Consumable category for 70 gems each or 5 for 300 gems. Players can use this item anytime they are not in combat to instantly have all their trait points reset. This item is not usable in structured PvP.

Great !

Now let’s see a permanent version for x gems please !

it’s a great start but I like many others do NOT buy consumables at all only permanent stuff !

for example, finishers were 1st a consumable, didn’t buy any !
they turned permanent, now I have the ones I liked

seeing as this has been asked for since launch I kinda hoped it would be permanent !!!

(edited by Latinkuro.9420)

eisberg.2379

its a pure shame… they made it for a consumable item and in gw1 it was a basic…

In Guild Wars 1 you had to go back to town to reset, you couldn’t do it while out exploring. In Guild Wars 2 you can go back to town to reset as well, the only difference being it cost something like 3 silver at level 80 to reset. So all the really did is add something that wasn’t a basic in Guild Wars 1 at all.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

This item is… Eh. It misses the problem. Respecs are already very easy to get, unless you’re in the middle of a dungeon/fractal, where it’s not necessary.

What we need is templates, not respecs.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

eisberg.2379

…. unlimited retraits would be horrible.

Why? The game has enough gold sinks. I don’t think being able to make build adjustments and experiment freely is ever a bad thing. It’s one of the things I loved so much about GW.

You can still do in Guild Wars 2 what you did in Guild Wars 1 with the only difference being a really small fee to pay at your class trainer.

Posted by: Tauril.8504

Tauril.8504

This item is… Eh. It misses the problem. Respecs are already very easy to get, unless you’re in the middle of a dungeon/fractal, where it’s not necessary.

Indeed, and with this new cash shop item I’m worried that we may not see templates until a very long time… Well, why the game wasn’t designed with templates to begin with is still beyond me, but whatever…

GrandmaFunk.3052

I don’t think being able to make build adjustments and experiment freely is ever a bad thing.

it’s a bad thing when there’s no consequence to your choices.

ie: if you can easily change your build whenever you want, as often as you want.. what’s the point of actually having a build?

if your decision doesn’t have an opportunity cost, then it’s not a meaningful decision, which means there’s no strategy involved. Since that type strategy is one of the main reasons I play games like these, reducing it’s value is something I view negatively.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Zoia.3678

Zoia.3678

What I would like to see, is the option to save different trait setups like you could save builds in GW1.

Latinkuro.9420

also very true what you say, but this is a start at least you know.
but yeah I wanna see templates implemented a well

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Yes, the books were always an option but cost prohibitive. I had hoped this new item would come in the form of those books, sold by a vendor for silvers, maybe at 2x the cost of a reset (~7s).

As for costs, anyone know what the approximate cost would be for gold -> 70 gems? (I’m at work atm)

70 gems is about about 3,5 gold

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

There’s no mechanical groundwork laid for templates by introducing these items. They’re a stopgap. Hell; if you could use GM manuals to respec it’d be cheaper than these new items.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Latinkuro.9420

also i it just me or are the new items missing from the gem store at this point ?
the patch says one thing the gems store shows different if no new items.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

These two posts sum it up.
It is a usefulish item, if you are so inclined.

We do need a build template though- preferably with armor and weapons included but that would really be just cream and cherries.

That would make a nice permanent item.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Widowmaker Z.4802

Widowmaker Z.4802

I wanted an option to change traits out in the world or at least in towns/outposts, I would have no problem paying in game money, but this being a cash shop item is a joke.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I wanted an option to change traits out in the world or at least in towns/outposts, I would have no problem paying in game money, but this being a cash shop item is a joke.

But you can pay in game money. Convert some gold to gems and there you go. You have now used in game money.

The Burninator

eisberg.2379

You can go to your class trainer and reset your traits, and it will cost something like 3 silver at level 80.

Widowmaker Z.4802

For 70 gems, right now it’s 4.12 gold, that is a bit steep for a 1 time use.

I know you can visit the class trainer, that doesn’t help if I’m in CS or FGS, then I have to port back to LA and then back to where I was.

(edited by Widowmaker Z.4802)

Latinkuro.9420

For 70 gems, right now it’s 2.66 gold, that is a bit steep for a 1 time use.

I know you can visit the class trainer, that does help if I’m in CS or FGS, then I have to port back to LA and then back to where I was.

the class trainer manual itself is only 2g, you’re cheaper off buying a bunch of trainer books, it would just be like having this item !

which is to say it needs to be permanent to make a difference and be worth your while until templates are implemented.

GrandmaFunk.3052

the class trainer manual itself is only 2g, you’re cheaper off buying a bunch of trainer books, it would just be like having this item !

trainer manuals DO NOT work this way.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Widowmaker Z.4802

I don’t think the books will work once you unlock the trait tiers. If i remember right, I bought one by accident and couldn’t use it.

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

Have to say I’ve been highly expecting this feature but not like this. If it was a permanent I would have probably said “ok it’s just a 1 time buy and it will be worth it”.

Right now I can’t help but think how greedy have ANet become for such simple features, Totally disappointed.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Yeah.. 4g per reset is a bit too much:P

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Reset trainer – 3s
Reset item – 3.5g

We will probably never see a free version that lets us change on the fly like WoW

All of my hate.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Seriously, how can you justify this?

Attachments:

eisberg.2379

Seriously, how can you justify this?

Paying for convenience that is all.

GrandmaFunk.3052

the high cost is to make the usage as non-trivial as possible.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I always thought once traits were selected they should be permanent and unchangeable. I’ve got some pretty bad traits of my own and I don’t think they will ever change. I’d pay a lot of RLM for an item that would do that. Of course my ex-girlfriend ran through my wallet pretty quick and despite her best efforts she couldn’t change my traits either.

The Burninator

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

•The Instant Trait Reset item is now available in the Gem Store in the Consumable category for 70 gems each or 5 for 300 gems. Players can use this item anytime they are not in combat to instantly have all their trait points reset. This item is not usable in structured PvP.

We’ve been asking for it. It is here. Shame it’s a gem store item. Cheap enough to have a few but I don’t see people making a habit of them.

It IS a shame isn’kitten It’s also a shame we don’t have the basic dual spec feature that every other mmo out there has right now. Anything with a talent tree, a skill tree, or even a basic ability to spec into a specific role has dual spec right now. Talk about greed.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

It’s a shame this is a gemstore item because Anet went to some effort before release to explain why it was against their game design to just allow traits to be altered in the middle of a dungeon, etc. Traits were supposed to be a form of semi-permanent character development.

However, that is now totally thrown out when they come up with a way to make money off of it.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Celestial.4381

I always thought once traits were selected they should be permanent and unchangeable. I’ve got some pretty bad traits of my own and I don’t think they will ever change. I’d pay a lot of RLM for an item that would do that. Of course my ex-girlfriend ran through my wallet pretty quick and despite her best efforts she couldn’t change my traits either.

You can change your traits any time simply by going to your class trainer. They will have an option to reset your trait points (this does cost a few silver, though, but no real money).

The only thing different about the gem store item is that you can now reset your traits ANYWHERE. as opposed to having to go to an NPC. But even so, unless you are in the middle of a fractal or dungeon, it’s not so hard to waypoint to a class trainer, switch up traits, and go back. The item has the same function as the repair canisters, banker golems, etc. It;s for convenience so that you don’t have to go to town.

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

IMo they’re too expensive. It’s nice item and they would sell a lot more if they were cheaper. 70 gems for 5 , 300 gems for 25 would be more realistic. I doubt anyone will ever buy them at that price.

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

IMo they’re too expensive. It’s nice item and they would sell a lot more if they were cheaper. 70 gems for 5 , 300 gems for 25 would be more realistic. I doubt anyone will ever buy them at that price.

Unfortunately history shows us that they will indeed buy them which will send a false sense of right to the devs.

It makes me sad that people would throw away money instead of demanding that the game actually have one of the most basic UI elements found in most other modern mmos in any monetization market.

I mean they don’t even have a second spec that auto activates when you jump in the water yet the skills for enhancing water style combat and their weapons are completely different than those for land weapons!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

It still amazes me the prices that gemstore items have vs the effort devs took to make them vs the amount of money I paid to get the game in the first place. It’s like extortion.

Posted by: Hadder.8093

Hadder.8093

I remember before GW2 released they were showing off the trait system with the ability to change your traits on the fly. Then it was removed prior to release. I love you Anet guys/gals but I’ll never spend my money on this Instant Trait Reset.

Please make this a default option in game and give us the ability to save builds.

(edited by Hadder.8093)

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

another effort by ANET to recoup back the gold they mistakenly poured in during the Invasion and Queens Gauntlet…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

This is the new Flavor of the Week Complaint topic.

Can’t wait for the next patch…

Celestial.4381

I remember before GW2 released they were showing off the trait system with the ability to change your traits on the fly. Then it was removed prior to release. I love you Anet guys/gals but I’ll never spend my money on this Instant Trait Reset.

Please make this a default option in game and give us the ability to save builds.

Well, you can still switch around your major traits on the fly. You just can’t reallocate trait points for free :-/

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

i was asking myself why the hell do i need to pay 4s every time to reset traits… that’s cuz anet try to monetize even trait resets rofl soon you’ll be paying 50gems to be in LA for longer than 30 minutes

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Celestial.4381

i was asking myself why the hell do i need to pay 4s every time to reset traits… that’s cuz anet try to monetize even trait resets rofl soon you’ll be paying 50gems to be in LA for longer than 30 minutes

I don’t mind paying an NPC a few silver, that’s just a typical MMO gold sink (and not a particularly egregious one, either, especially compared to the manuals).

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

That’s quite an extreme exaggeration, just like every single post you make.

There hasn’t been anything in the history of the game that does anything remotely like what you suggest. An optional and practically useless convenience money-sink item is just that, not the end of the universe.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

I don’t mind paying an NPC a few silver, that’s just a typical MMO gold sink (and not a particularly egregious one, either, especially compared to the manuals).

its a sequel to the game that did not have any kind of bs, here we have it and can’t even save/load builds… what a sequel

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.