Insufficient Hero Points on Map To Unlock

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AlumAtWar.8206

AlumAtWar.8206

Prior to HoT I had alot of SP/HP in tomes which unfotunately got converted to shards not HP as all charac were lv 80. Now, I have completed world map prior to HoT and when I spent all the HP Anet left my mesmer, post HoT, I am 85 HP short of fully unlocking “all of the elite spec” traits. Maguma is said to give 40 (per wiki) so where are the other 45. Do I delete all my characters since they cant obtain the elite traits. I would not mind except i don’t want to re-train carfting back over 400 times 8. I have not received any help replies in any map. Anet please advise as your search engine does not answer this question. What good is a partial unlock with no ability unlock the skill/traits I paid for by this purchase?

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Each hero point challenge in HoT provides you with 10 hps instead of 1. So for example, Verdant Brink has 11 hero challenges, thats 110 hps total.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Prior to HoT I had alot of SP/HP in tomes which unfotunately got converted to shards not HP as all charac were lv 80. Now, I have completed world map prior to HoT and when I spent all the HP Anet left my mesmer, post HoT, I am 85 HP short of fully unlocking “all of the elite spec” traits. Maguma is said to give 40 (per wiki) so where are the other 45. Do I delete all my characters since they cant obtain the elite traits. I would not mind except i don’t want to re-train carfting back over 400 times 8. I have not received any help replies in any map. Anet please advise as your search engine does not answer this question. What good is a partial unlock with no ability unlock the skill/traits I paid for by this purchase?

There are 40 Hero Challenges in Heart of Thorns maps but they give 10 Hero Points each for a total of 400. If you are missing 85 HP to fully unlock your elite spec you need to complete 9 Hero Challenges (out of 40) in HoT to fully unlock it. There are more than 9 Hero Challenges that are easily done solo, so you can avoid the hard ones.

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

as said above, there are only “40” hero challenges in HoT but they each give 10 points so 400 Hero points. For some you need to have a buddy or two help you out with because they are difficult but in general you should have more than enough that are easy to get to get your HP up so you can fully unlock your class of choice.

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

also you can buy hero points for stuff you get from wvw dailies – ‘unlocks’ for random hero challenges

kill all ze thingz

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

also you can buy hero points for stuff you get from wvw dailies – ‘unlocks’ for random hero challenges

So PVP players get to buy their way out of the horrible grind PVErs have to endure?

Really?

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

So PVP players get to buy their way out of the horrible grind PVErs have to endure?

Really?

Not really, to get all the hero challenges in either region requires grinding 200 WvW ranks, which is no small feat.