Inventory size now static across characters?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: knh.9378

knh.9378

This seems like a bad change, or a bug. I now have to deal with a gigantic inventory window on any character that has less inventory slots than my main (or spend time every single character swap changing the window size, lol), because the window size carries over between characters where it didnt before this patch.

please fix.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

For one time, this is a change that benefit my style of using the UI. While I’m happy about it, I can clearly see why other people wouldn’t like it.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I may be wrong, but this may be related to the 64-bit client now being automatically downloaded and used instead of the 32-bit client (if it ‘detects’ that it should be).

Previously, when I would switch the client bit version from using the 32 to using the 64beta, several personal settings would get lost, such as the inventory size and position. I needed to resize and position it (as well as correct several other settings) every time I switched client bit version.

Your size/position settings should be remembered and work properly and persist after you set them and restart the game.

One may wonder why I was switching back and forth between bit versions – system stability and functionality tests (memory usage/temps/graphics/different ReShade versions and settings). I had decided to stick with the 32bit in the end. I’m really not thrilled that they are now forcing the 64bit client. Of all the stuff that has nearly made me walk away, this may be the last one that actually does it unless I can find a way to force the 32bit exe to be used.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I’ve had this for about a month now after using the 64 bit client. I don’t remember if it happened when I was using the 32 bit client.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This seems like a bad change, or a bug. I now have to deal with a gigantic inventory window on any character that has less inventory slots than my main (or spend time every single character swap changing the window size, lol), because the window size carries over between characters where it didnt before this patch.

please fix.

Interesting — I’ve never been able to set my inventory’s width different on different characters. I didn’t realize it was ever possible.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

I may be wrong, but this may be related to the 64-bit client now being automatically downloaded and used instead of the 32-bit client (if it ‘detects’ that it should be).

Previously, when I would switch the client bit version from using the 32 to using the 64beta, several personal settings would get lost, such as the inventory size and position. I needed to resize and position it (as well as correct several other settings) every time I switched client bit version.

Your size/position settings should be remembered and work properly and persist after you set them and restart the game.

One may wonder why I was switching back and forth between bit versions – system stability and functionality tests (memory usage/temps/graphics/different ReShade versions and settings). I had decided to stick with the 32bit in the end. I’m really not thrilled that they are now forcing the 64bit client. Of all the stuff that has nearly made me walk away, this may be the last one that actually does it unless I can find a way to force the 32bit exe to be used.

Curious – why exactly do you prefer the 32 bit client?

I swapped to the 64bit client when it first went beta, haven’t gone back. It’s been a far better experience.

Guessing this is seriously a “your mileage may vary” issue?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You are aware of the -32 command line argument, no?

If not, check out the 64-bit Client FAQ.

Good luck.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Curious – why exactly do you prefer the 32 bit client?

I swapped to the 64bit client when it first went beta, haven’t gone back. It’s been a far better experience.

Guessing this is seriously a “your mileage may vary” issue?

I tried the 64-bit client a couple of months ago. My experience of it was that it would pause suddenly, usually in the middle of combat, and when it came back I was dead. I tried the 64-bit client because I thought it would help with my DCs, but in the end it didn’t and only a new, better router helped with that. The 32 bit client didn’t pause intermittently so I stuck with it.

I’m curious to see how the 64-bit client goes now. Time to give it another go.