Inventory.

Inventory.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

With all the bi weekly updates, events, new items, new currencies, it really feels like we need some more organization options in the game. Currently I’m maxed out on bank tabs, maxed on inventory tabs, and I do not have “mule” characters or accounts. My bank is pretty much full with various soulbound/accountbound/rare items from the game both the core of it and the living story arcs. I feel that if we will continually have more event items, more weapon skins/armor skins etc, that we need an upgrade. This isn’t so much a suggestion as a need imo. Imagine someone with 5 or 6 favorite dungeons trying to hold all their tokens for future gear, or players who do every new LS event. You can max out your bank on core items only, to add event items, armor sets, prestigious/rare/never returning items to it, just makes it seem overwhelming without the proper space.

Players shouldn’t have to make personal guilds for bank space, and soulbound/account bound items won’t go in anyway. And players shouldn’t also have to use alts to carry all there items either as most of us play all our characters and don’t like a useless character sitting there as a bank. Most MMO’s like Aion, FFXIV, and others allow a separate bag in inventory for event items or armor. As well as either much much bank/inventory storage upgrades to hold all our stuff. I doubt players mind paying for more bank tabs, or even if event bags are made, expanding those for gems. I feel that I speak for many of us when I say there currently isn’t enough space for us to house what we want on our characters, and that some system like event bags or simply more space should be provided soonish. The bi weekly events are great, and I’ve enjoyed most of the LS and game itself.

But if your going to toss hundreds of new “carry-able” things in the game, we will need a place to put them. I may not have all necessary items only, or even items people feel should be in a bank, but the game is meant to be played how we like. In this spirit of the game I believe we should be allowed to have more inventory to hold onto the things “we” value, whether others value them as much or not. Thanks for your time, I added a pic of my current bank, please keep any nonconstructive thoughts to yourself. And no this isn’t an entitled thread, I believe everyone will need or does need more space now or very soon in the future for this content. PS. The picture doesn’t show the 20 stacks of gathering tools spread among all my characters and taking up space. Wish they stacked higher.. Also I haven’t been playing as much so the extra items are for my newer characters when they are made in the future.

Attachments:

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

(edited by Geotherma.2395)

Inventory.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Just create a bank alt.

Seriously. It’s not that hard to create a new alt and plant him at Rata Sum. Most of the items there you won’t even use for a long period of time, like all your BL kits, 10 Pollas (srsly?), or BL tools.

This isn’t about creating more inventory spaces. It’s about inventory management.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Inventory.

Geotherma.2395

Just create a bank alt.

Seriously. It’s not that hard to create a new alt and plant him at Rata Sum. Most of the items there you won’t even use for a long period of time, like all your BL kits, 10 Pollas (srsly?), or BL tools.

This isn’t about creating more inventory spaces. It’s about inventory management.

Creating a bank alt is not how “I” play, I don’t believe in bank alts taking up space. Also they would be carrying items soulbound to another character, which would be annoying to have to move, or remember which character over time. Again, this is how I feel it should be managed, and if you think buying a new character space to pack junk into is a necessity and a wanted theme in game, then I simply disagree. You can’t manage all these items flooding into the game, you can’t manage keeping all your stuff in ONE place, THAT is the problem. Again, mules is not how I play, and the game touts that playing our way is essential. I’m not asking for a revamp of guild wars 2, I’m not asking for a perfect game, I’m not even asking for freebies, I’m simply asking for more space.

I do use my BL tools, I use that many in about a month and replenish again-because I can. So yes all those items rotate in and out as i make new characters and the items you mentioned like Polly are no longer available, and can be put on new characters. Planning for the future, holding onto rare/unobtainable things is part of why in most games when new classes come etc, people like me have 2 year old items no one has on them. Over 10 years of gaming, and this has always been the case. You say “Seriously, it’s not that hard to create an alt.” I say seriously it’s not that hard to give us more space, and take our money.

Don’t forget I do large tests like the salvage ones with thousands of rares, I also host events almost weekly and drop bonfires, boxes, and give away things. So if I was into dungeons, if I was into fractals, I’d need more space even if I never did an event or stat test ever in my entire time playing.

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

Inventory.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I have been wondering about this too and ended up destroying some event items even though I will never see them again.
I think a really nice addition would be tabs like those for collections or even armour/ weapons merchants or galleries in your home instance would help a lot.
I can see space becoming more and more of a problem

Gunnar’s Hold

Inventory.

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Creating a bank alt is not how “I” play

ArenaNet cannot cater to every whim of every single player. You are taking the “play as you want” comment out of context – you could say you want to play with 11 active skills instead of 10, yet ArenaNet would not listen to you.

There are already ways to deal with your issue. Either keep less items with you, or make alts. Inventory is something people will always complain about – there will always be someone who has a very strong believe that he/she NEEDS more and more and more, no matter how much inventory ArenaNet adds to the game.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Inventory.

Posted by: AesirValkyr.7418

AesirValkyr.7418

Did you ever think about using the items? You have half a bank full of boosters and node farming items. Those are you should either use or drop.

Inventory.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Your picture is hilarious lol. I mean, I save a lot of my Black Lion harvesting tools too, but that’s just insane. I would start using them up if I were you, if only to free up space. Also why are you saving so many of that silly doll? Does it even show anything cosmetic on your toon?

Inventory.

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

I’m not sure if I should applaud or be concerned about your hoarding skills

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

Inventory.

Posted by: dopplegw.5926

dopplegw.5926

Woaw, lots of stuff in there! I was about to suggest you get rid of some tools but then actually read your post. I only have 2 bank tabs and 1 guild bank tab, and they are of course full. But I do get rid of lots of 1 time consumables that I know I will never use because I would always be waiting for the best best moment to use them (Merchant Express, etc). I get one of those? I destroy it right away.

Inventory.

Posted by: Ricky Da Man.5064

Ricky Da Man.5064

It has become a side product of how you play.

Inventory.

Posted by: SandruDaniel.4386

SandruDaniel.4386

Just use them or destroy them or donate them to others….idk….I use 20 slot bags(160 slots total) and never used the bank for more than 10 slots. Keep what you need and do whatever you want with the useless stuff. Is called cleaning, or making some space

Inventory.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Lol. You just made me feel better about myself. I though I was a bad hoarder. :P

And just think, I don’t really see any dungeon tokens. Those thing clog up my bank tabs.

And yes, it does suck that I have to sometimes destroy an one time event item because I am not using it and need the space.

Inventory.

Vol.5241

Creating a bank alt is not how “I” play

ArenaNet cannot cater to every whim of every single player. You are taking the “play as you want” comment out of context – you could say you want to play with 11 active skills instead of 10, yet ArenaNet would not listen to you.

There are already ways to deal with your issue. Either keep less items with you, or make alts. Inventory is something people will always complain about – there will always be someone who has a very strong believe that he/she NEEDS more and more and more, no matter how much inventory ArenaNet adds to the game.

This. People are taking that quote and applying it to things other than gameplay. I bet when Anet said this they were talking about gameplay and that alone. Want to WvW to lvl up? You can do that. Want to explore to lvl up? Do that. Want to craft to lvl up? Do that.

Not “I want more bankspace instead of making alts cause that’s how I want to play the game”

[Permabanned on Forums]

Inventory.

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

I LOL’d at all the harvesting tools. If you’d use those up, you’d have plenty of space.

Inventory.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Working as intended! You’re supposed to use items, not hoard them til they collect dust. Part of the game is dealing with inventory management. I understand some items are for future use (I bought 500 cheap veggie burgers just for use in the feast achievements), however I cannot fathom why you would need thousands of uses of gathering tools within any reasonable time frame. It’s not up to me to judge you on how you play, but if you want to change the game for everyone, you’d need a compelling argument. I keep a bottle of wine in my bank just for fun, but I’m just going to have to deal with the reduced space. I’d like a separate tab for wine, but I don’t think anyone’s going to cater to me.

I understand that this game has created a lot of “trash” from new events that take up space and it could be useful to have them in a separate bag or something.

Of course, I haven’t even purchased a single bank tab yet so I must say there is no “need” for more space. It’s fine to say one wants the ability to purchase even more bank slots, but making it come across as a necessity is going too far.

Granted I only have 2 characters, but my characters are designed to be self-sufficient, and can carry stuff in their own bags, specific to them if the bank doesn’t allow space. This includes carrying their own alternate gearsets, with alternate food depending on the level of the area. and I don’t see any change in this even if I were to create more.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Inventory.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

I can see myself running into storage problems bank wise if they keep adding currency and item sets. Right now I’m using a lot of space with bank tabs, mules and guild banks.

Most of my space is actually taken up by drops I may want to use, alternate weapons, alternate armor sets and mats I’m holding onto for future purposes. For most things like currencies(tokens) or crafting mats I wish things stacked above 250. It does become an issue of space management and you have to make choices on what you’re going to keep vs throw away/sell/salvage.

Consumables are low pri for me so I try to get rid of them as fast as I get them. Things like weapon skins that may or may not be used for future stats or skin or both cycle into the bank and then to a mule if I have it in there too long.

I get this problem in every MMO, wanting to hold onto items I may never use. I do and have from time to time just cleaned house and kept only stuff I could never get a hold of easily or again at all. Seems like there is never enough space.

(edited by Akari Storm.6809)

Inventory.

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

To those telling him to use the harvesting tools… he already adressed that (shows how much some people read before they post xD):

I do use my BL tools, I use that many in about a month and replenish again-because I can. So yes all those items rotate in and out as i make new characters

Inventory.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I suggest consultation with a Hoarding therapist. Looks like you seriously don’t want to get rid of some of those useless items. What’s with all the Pollas? Do you really need them all? With all of those gathering tools, I’m not sure how you don’t use them? I’d have all of my alts equipping only those tools until I got rid of them.

What are you saving all of that stuff for? Do you even know, or are you just holding on to them “just in case”?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Inventory.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I agree with the hoarding, “Good Golly Miss Molly”. On topic though if they keep adding “Crafting Material” like the newly/recently added ones and not have a collection slot already setup in the collectibles it could become a bit crowded.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Inventory.

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Just create a bank alt.

Creating a bank alt is not how “I” play, I don’t believe in bank alts taking up space.

lolwut? You have options. Use them :P

Your fault if you don’t want to.

Inventory.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

They certainly either need to make the holiday currencies (including the items needed in crafting) appear in a single pane or they need to make the salvage kits stackable or how about both. That would solve much of the trouble we’re seeing even when all of the slots are purchased there’s barely enough room.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Inventory.

Draknar.5748

I think increasing stack size to 500 would be a good start. On everything. Including salvage kits.

Inventory.

Posted by: TheProphetOmega.3596

TheProphetOmega.3596

I agree, we could use some more free banks space, on the other hand, hoarding all of that stuff is pretty pointless, why would anyone need all of those useless gathering tools?
maybe you could even sell them, same with the stones and redundant items, If something isnt worth much or I have several repeats, I just destroy them to make space, I know some like collecting stuff, but all of said stuff needs to be collected, gathering cyber dust.

To each its own!
cheers!

I am the wonder, I am the storm.

Inventory.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I think increasing stack size to 500 would be a good start. On everything. Including salvage kits.

I’ve played many games where stack size was dependent on the items themselves. For instance, Items that were easy to acquire in large quantities -tokens in GW2- could stack to 9999.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Inventory.

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Been playing since November, haven’t bought a single extra bank or inventory slot…do wish they would make stacks bigger than 250 but I can understand why they don’t so eh, whatever.

Inventory.

Vol.5241

It’s already been confirmed about a month ago that this will be purchasable from the gem store.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Inventory.

Geotherma.2395

I love how people skim and don’t read. I use my BL kits I replenish that many monthly, sme with boosts. Holy cow people missed the entire paragraph where I clearly said I use all those items frequently and then obtain more.

Inventory.

Geotherma.2395

And I refuse to destroy money, literally. Only a moron would spend as much as that then click destroy.. use some common sense. And again each of my toons has about a row or two of the gathering tools they use and I have 12 alts, and again… I do use all of the things but they get replenished. Basically the only advise people have given is trash my money, and somehow play more to use up these items faster… I see why so many are headed to FFxiv, this community is slowly turning..

Inventory.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

This is a good reason why I bought the tools that have unlimited uses, I mean really if you had those instead would you not be better off?

Then again by the sounds of things you seem to buy a ton of gems to buy keys so I guess opening all those chests will just throw those tools at you. Perhaps asking for something such as a way to pass these tools on to others or not have them pop up as options from the chests since you own the unlimited tools would be a better option?

Having said all that I do agree we will NEED more storage options in the future to deal with all the new items/armours/weapons coming out and I have semi commented on this in the past.

I came from Runescape which is a subscription game and over the years they had many calls from players to add more storage space too. In each case that company finally gave in as they just had to because they knew it was part their fault for throwing such new items at us without thinking ahead of storage problems. However I can say for that game that their banking system is a heck of a lot better than here. Sure there are no dedicated storage panels for things like crafting materials but that did not matter because ALL of one item type could stack into 1 stack. I think the max stack limit there was 2.5 billion or something which really helped for storage and wealth building.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Inventory.

Xenon.4537

I love how people skim and don’t read. I use my BL kits I replenish that many monthly, sme with boosts. Holy cow people missed the entire paragraph where I clearly said I use all those items frequently and then obtain more.

How do you get so many kits and harvesting items? I mean I have 125 unopened chests because I’ve only ever found like 5 keys since launch. And I don’t think it’s worth buying keys with real money when there’s perfectly good stuff at the vendor for silver.

Inventory.

Posted by: Garb Cost.3718

Garb Cost.3718

I agree with the “inventory management” comment in this thread. Each to their own of course.

I’m detecting a strong link between “giving people lots of items to hoard” and “paying cash for bank/bag slots”

Inventory.

Posted by: AliceKaye.1903

AliceKaye.1903

I wish they’d make stacks larger-sized. For instance all of those stacks of 25 could easily be made into stacks of 200 or something. They should really consider this. You can only buy so much bag and bank space. I, too, hate the idea of bank alts.

Arcanist Norri | Ceirynn | Darbii | Emlyn | Nyssi | Teltiu
Alice Kaye’s Twitter

Inventory.

Posted by: Silent Avenger.6928

Silent Avenger.6928

Anet please please please allow us to buy more bank tabs at least. I would much rather drop 800 gems on another bank tab rather than having to sift through alts to try and find the item I’m looking for. I don’t see why there is even a limit on bank tabs especially since we can have up to 40ish character slots.

Crimson Fatality ~ Mesmer ~ Northern Shiverpeaks

Tainted Phoenix[PHNX] – Mesmer Collective[Mes]

Inventory.

Xenon.4537

Anet please please please allow us to buy more bank tabs at least. I would much rather drop 800 gems on another bank tab rather than having to sift through alts to try and find the item I’m looking for. I don’t see why there is even a limit on bank tabs especially since we can have up to 40ish character slots.

40 character slots? Is this legit? Has anyone actually tried it? Lol.

Make every race, sex, and class combination… TWICE.

Inventory.

Draknar.5748

I’m curious how you get so many BL tools as well…

I play every day and since early release and I’ve gotten maybe 4% of what you apparently have coming out of your ears.

Like really, how is it possible? Here’s a suggestion: STOP BUYING BL KEYS AND OPENING CHESTS! You have enough of everything, just stop already! Wait until your supply is low then maybe open some more.

Inventory.

Silent Avenger.6928

The GW2 wiki actually says there is no limit to the amount of character slots you can have. However, I personally never meet anyone with more than about 40.

I play every day and since early release and I’ve gotten maybe 4% of what you apparently have coming out of your ears.

Like really, how is it possible? Here’s a suggestion: STOP BUYING BL KEYS AND OPENING CHESTS! You have enough of everything, just stop already! Wait until your supply is low then maybe open some more.

Umm maybe he farmed BL keys(yes you can farm them and it’s legit) and wanted to get something that only drops from the BL chests like lets say permanent contracts and such. Also there’s nothing wrong with people spending gems on keys it supports the game.

Inventory.

Draknar.5748

The GW2 wiki actually says there is no limit to the amount of character slots you can have. However, I personally never meet anyone with more than about 40.

Umm maybe he farmed BL keys(yes you can farm them and it’s legit) and wanted to get something that only drops from the BL chests like lets say permanent contracts and such. Also there’s nothing wrong with people spending gems on keys it supports the game.

There is if that same person complains he doesn’t have enough space for the stuff he’s farming….sounds like a self-control issue to be honest. It’s very simple: DONT USE YOUR KEYS ALL AT ONCE! Keys take up one slot, chests take up one slot. If you open every god-kitten chest and then complain you have no room then you are a bloody moron. You run out of harvesting tools? Ok, use a couple of keys. But for heaven’s sake don’t use every key, fill your bank, and then continue to use your keys and complain you have no room. OP needs to learn management IMO. Use the keys as you need to, not when you want to. Sure the temptation to get goodies can be overwhelming, but that’s where the self-control comes in…

Also the argument: I’m not gonna throw away money by deleting items is the same argument hoarders make for why they won’t throw out old tupperware or clothing they never wear or infomercial items they’ve never used. “It’s a waste! I may use it some time later!” they think. Yea…..it’s a waste also if you never use it, which most of the time they never ever do. Now it’s a waste and takes up valuable space.

Inventory.

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

I think it’s something that will come in time … if I remember correctly, there weren’t initially special crafting component spaces for the candy corn, chattering skulls, the snowflakes from Wintersday, etc. … those were added in later … and hopefully in time there will be separate sections/tabs/whatever for living story items, festival items … personally, i’d like a separate section just for food … i’ve got a few different chars maxed on Chef, and it seems like a waste to craft it all and then sell it for next to nothing on the TP …

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

Inventory.

Posted by: Sophia.6482

Sophia.6482

they should deff increase the stacking amount or make it no limit….250 or below is no good. don’t really see a need for a limit on it tbh. O.o

Inventory.

Silent Avenger.6928

There is if that same person complains he doesn’t have enough space for the stuff he’s farming….sounds like a self-control issue to be honest. It’s very simple: DONT USE YOUR KEYS ALL AT ONCE! Keys take up one slot, chests take up one slot. If you open every god-kitten chest and then complain you have no room then you are a bloody moron. You run out of harvesting tools? Ok, use a couple of keys. But for heaven’s sake don’t use every key, fill your bank, and then continue to use your keys and complain you have no room. OP needs to learn management IMO. Use the keys as you need to, not when you want to. Sure the temptation to get goodies can be overwhelming, but that’s where the self-control comes in…

Also the argument: I’m not gonna throw away money by deleting items is the same argument hoarders make for why they won’t throw out old tupperware or clothing they never wear or infomercial items they’ve never used. “It’s a waste! I may use it some time later!” they think. Yea…..it’s a waste also if you never use it, which most of the time they never ever do. Now it’s a waste and takes up valuable space.

Ok what about limited time items? Like the Fused weapon tickets that were only available from Black lion chests? If you wanted one or more of those skins you’re forced to open BL chests until you get a weapon ticket drop. It can’t be helped and this may very well be what happened to the OP since getting a ticket from from the chests was all dependent on RNG and he could have got a ticket on the first try or might have had to open 50+ chests. Thankfully anet seems to have stopped putting weapon skin tickets in the BL chests and started putting them in their own chests. However I still want to be able to buy more than the max 8 bank tabs. For just my main character a mesmer I have several weapon and armor sets for pve/wvw as well as many soulbound items and consumables and it all does add up. It would just be nice to have the option to be able to purchase more bank tabs it’s not gonna stop people from being able to use alt mules.

Inventory.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

8 professions, 5 races, 2 gender = 80 slots needed.

Geotherma – as for all those tools, I assume you get them from the BL chests, why don’t you open less chests, or only once your characters are gone through the 20 slots? Similar with the salvaging items. The runes, crafted clothing and buff food could go into your guild bank – although you said you don’t want one.

I am not sure if there will be many people who have a similar problem – not when it comes to the harvesting and salvaging tools …

Otherwise I agree with you and it has been mentioned specifically in regards to town clothes (main reason why I don’t buy them anymore), but I’d rather see a different solution then increasing bag space.

Edit: Does Polla not stay account bound?

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

(edited by Rouven.7409)

Inventory.

Geotherma.2395

How do you get so many kits and harvesting items? I mean I have 125 unopened chests because I’ve only ever found like 5 keys since launch. And I don’t think it’s worth buying keys with real money when there’s perfectly good stuff at the vendor for silver.

I really have nothing else to buy in game, and I can’t play as often lately, I buy between 100, 200, 250 keys at times just to have some fun and get kits etc. Also to get more keys as well. When more MMO’s release my time/money will split more evenly and efficiently.

Inventory.

Geotherma.2395

I wish they’d make stacks larger-sized. For instance all of those stacks of 25 could easily be made into stacks of 200 or something. They should really consider this. You can only buy so much bag and bank space. I, too, hate the idea of bank alts.

Exactly one of my suggestions, why do gathering tools stack in 10’s and 25’s >.> People like me really need 50+ stacks or something for space saving and to toss on alts.

Inventory.

Geotherma.2395

I get them because I can, when “ecto nerf threads” pop up I use them all and make around 100g. For your other answer, see the above reply.

Inventory.

Geotherma.2395

Difference: Real life actually affects your life and family. Digital items affect no one, and they are organized neatly. Again, my money, my choice. I use them as I’ve stated several times, they replenish quickly, as I’ve stated several times. This isn’t about me, this is about all those who have event, dungeon, random items that keep building up due to LS events and holidays who need space.

Inventory.

Geotherma.2395

there’s definitely ALOT of stuff in there you don’t need. Unless you farm 24 seven and salvage everything you get there is no sane reason for that many salvage kits. Nor is there a need for that many gathering tools, they only stack to 25 or so and frankly I’ve never noticed much of an improvement on the goods I get with them. if your not going to use those novelty hats or dolls get rid of them they do no good collecting dust. Why you would pre purchase styling kits in bulk is beyond me. Outdated holiday stuff like cogs can go, you’ll get them again next year or they’ll be useless because they change the event. Donate your influence potions to your guild and use your karma pots. Same with the food, fireworks, tonics and boosters. I can understand holding on to different armor sets, tokens, dyes or bulk quantities of mats but good lord man!

The issue isn’t needing more inventory space here, its inventory management. Yes the slogan is “play your way” BUT you have to understand there are still certain limits ALL players are saddled with to keep the game fair and inventory/bank space is one of them. If everybody could carry everything nobody would need to trade, buy or sell goods. Players would hold on to quest items indefinitely until they got around to making a new character bypassing the need to finish the event/heart in the intended manner. No soulbound items would mean gear and rare items loose their value and kills the integrity and challenge of getting them in the first place. Inventory space is the great equalizer that no player can completely bypass.

Everything you see is from BL chests, I never purchased any of those items outirght. Every single total makeover, hair style, is from a chest that i used a key on. I’d never waste gems on direct buy, when my chances have always been better through chests.

I’d prefer gathering tools stacked larger, more bank space for new LS items, and my influence is for personal use later on. I’d gladly send a few fine trans stones (I have over 260 now) to friends if I could. Also did not purchase them directly.

Some silly things like Polla is just there until I toss on my alts, and will move out and be replaced most likely. But the inventory continues to grow every patch due to rare,discontinued items I want to put on characters that are appropriate. I had 5 aether tickets, only 2 of my characters so far have fit well enough to use them.

Inventory.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

so how many bank tab do you think should anet give us?

Inventory.

Geotherma.2395

I’m not sure exactly, but some math could be done. I don’t personally know the numbers but I would imagine most people could agree that X amount would be for dungeon tokens, X amount for WvW items, X amount for gem store boosts etc, and LS event items should be in a event bag or separate table from character inventory like most other games. From there we have legendary items, rare items from BLTC, event/holiday items, armor sets. So really it is still on the style of play, but I’m sure some people could toss decent numbers or ideas at this and figure out a fair amount that would be good for 6months-1year. WvW items could be separate bag, gathering tools could stack higher, dungeon tokens separate bags, things like that would help. For right now until those ideas are implemented, if they are, at least 1-2 bank tabs could be added for LS items etc and to keep us happy for a bit-or at least me anyway :P

I’m definitely not saying it should be infinite, that would be very hard to manage personally.. But things can be done to remove generally needed items from that pool. For instance FFXIV doesn’t toss armor/weapons in your inventory, you have an entire separate armory for everything you find. And with the switch of a weapon change you become a different class and can equip any of the fitting gear. Just an example.

Inventory.

Paulytnz.7619

Unlimited stacking amounts in banks ONLY would be a good start. By that I mean if I want to hold 1 million iron ores all in 1 stack I should be able to!

That simple act right there could buy us another good 6 months to a year of dealing with this problem.

Inventory.

Paulytnz.7619

Oops sorry site lagged and double posted.