Invest in Silk

Invest in Silk

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sicsempertyrannis.3510

sicsempertyrannis.3510

Hello there friends and market manipulators,

With the announcement that raids will require full ascended armor to complete, I would expect the price of silk to increase dramatically as people scramble to make their gear. With the price already on the rise due to Guild Hall upgrade concerns, I’d suggest you buy and/or hoard silk now.

I forsee great profits in the coming months.

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I would have suggested investing in it anyway, but I wouldn’t put too much faith in the bit about raids “requiring” full ascended. For that, I’d say to wait and see what the raids throw at people, and what the rewards are.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

With the announcement that raids will require full ascended armor to complete.

I think I missed that announcement.
Can anyone post a link or direct me to where it was said?

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Invest in Silk

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

It’s on a twitch. I think one of the dev says, people should be able to do earlier wings in exotic/ascended mix, but final wing should require ascended.

Wintersday is also coming around december 16. So if you hoard some silk, be sure to sell before that date.

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It was a tweet.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Invest in Silk

Belzebu.3912

It was a tweet.

So OP need to pay attention to:
“Last boss should be full asc” and one of his replies “Agony resistance is not required.”
So asc won’t be required, they are just really expected.
It is just like saying a dungeon/fractal requires a full party, then we see several videos of people soloing those.

Invest in Silk

Posted by: sicsempertyrannis.3510

sicsempertyrannis.3510

“Last boss should be full asc” and one of his replies “Agony resistance is not required.”
It is just like saying a dungeon/fractal requires a full party, then we see several videos of people soloing those.

It’s not what the statement says, but how people will react to the statement. If raid leaders and players think they’ll need it, they’re going to buy it, and the price is going to increase.

It is safe to assume that with things like GW2effiency, leaders will be requiring gear checks and forcing BiS, which means $$$ if you’re smart enough to pounce early.

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

No real change currently. I do like the cyclical daily nature of the price you see in the monthly graph.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Invest in Silk

laokoko.7403

Don’t hurt to be prepared.

You have guild hall, new class, new players coming in. Even if silk price isn’t increasing, it’s not likely to decrease for a while.

There are few events coming up though, halloween and wintersday. Not sure if those events will add some cloth supply to the market.

Invest in Silk

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

None of it should require ascended.
Ever.
EVER.

Ascended is a totally optional only needed for high level fractals stat level.
The instant it becomes required for anything else, ever, outside fractals, and we’re back to them violating the promises about stat tiers and ascended being totally optional.
Requirement creep is just as bad as power creep.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

I am going to invest in Tin after reading this forum. Need to craft that Ascended hat.

Also I have a ton of silk saved for My rev anyways and so I am good thankfully, change or not.

Invest in Silk

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

I think mods should start deleting these fail attempts of market manipulation. This is the second topic of this type I see today.

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

It’s not what the statement says, but how people will react to the statement. If raid leaders and players think they’ll need it, they’re going to buy it, and the price is going to increase.

It is safe to assume that with things like GW2effiency, leaders will be requiring gear checks and forcing BiS, which means $$$ if you’re smart enough to pounce early.

That’s gonna be fun for the leader

leader: “ok. All 9 of you need to send me their GW2effiency link of your gear to make sure you are all full ascended!”
Some members: “what’s GW2effiency?”
Some other members: “I thought GW2 didn’t have gear checks?”
Rest: “Can we go already?”

And then the kicking and finding a replacement…going through the same ordeal if they haven’t signed up for the site…yes, this will be fun

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

There is already a guild recruiting and requiring a pure meta (per DnT) build/gear check via GW2Efficiency.

Ascended gear is too much of an investment not to have some additional uses and benefits.

Just finished my 10th set of armor and closing in on the last dozen or so weapons to field 9 fully ascended characters.

https://gw2efficiency.com/account/characters/Dreamslayer.7659

(edited by Dreamslayer.7659)

Invest in Silk

Belzebu.3912

Well … I see people asking for GW2Frequency for dungeons now, and for a very difficult content with weekly rewards I won’t blame a raid leader wanting a full asc party and I’m sure that such scenario would happen even without that tweet.
Also, PuG raid is asking for failure.

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I think mods should start deleting these fail attempts of market manipulation. This is the second topic of this type I see today.

Yep- I can almost smell the pump and dump from here!

Invest in Silk

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

i am going to go beat a raid in common gear, that show you silk, lol.

Well … I see people asking for GW2Frequency for dungeons now, and for a very difficult content with weekly rewards I won’t blame a raid leader wanting a full asc party and I’m sure that such scenario would happen even without that tweet.
Also, PuG raid is asking for failure.

That why you do not ask pug to fight, i mean they are cute, but you should not let a dog play a game. Now me, i will just start with random players in a group, and we will win.

(edited by TJgalon.5012)

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Ever.
EVER.

The instant it becomes required for anything else, ever, outside fractals, and we’re back to them violating the promises about stat tiers and ascended being totally optional.

I entierly agree. This is the exact reason I hate Ascended gear: because I knew it would come down to this some day.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Watch Anet put ridiculous masses of Silk into new HoT crafting bags right after you invest.

Exactly. An expansion would be the perfect time to mess with what’s the best gear and/or how easy it is to get the current best gear.

If ascended is required for raids, you can bet that it will be both easier to craft and there will be better gear in raids. And you can bet that ascended will either instantly, or gradually, become the new “exotic.”

Or words to that effect.

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

leader: “ok. All 9 of you need to send me their GW2effiency link of your gear to make sure you are all full ascended!”

And then the kicking and finding a replacement…going through the same ordeal if they haven’t signed up for the site…yes, this will be fun

Anyone asking me for a GW2effiiency link will be reported, NO ONE should be able to keep another player from certain content because they refuse to use 3 party programs.

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

Anyone asking me for a GW2effiiency link will be reported, NO ONE should be able to keep another player from certain content because they refuse to use 3 party programs.

You always have an option of finding a raid with someone who does not have such requirement. Your report will not be taken seriously as the raid leader does not have obligation to accept everyone in his or her raid.

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

You always have an option of finding a raid with someone who does not have such requirement. Your report will not be taken seriously as the raid leader does not have obligation to accept everyone in his or her raid.

Precisely. Reported for what? There is no rule that this is infringing. It’s just another dimension to the current/previous LFG demands of a particular AP threshold, class and build.

Oh, also, reporting somebody falsely is against the rules. I’d recommend that you thoroughly read through them, just so you don’t land yourself in hot water in the future

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/

(edited by Crimson Clouds.4853)

Invest in Silk

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

They wouldn’t be breaking any rules by asking for that requirement. Reporting for invalid reasons is more “against the rules” than that.

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

Precisely. Reported for what? There is no rule that this is infringing. It’s just another dimension to the current/previous LFG demands of a particular AP threshold, class and build.

Oh, also, reporting somebody falsely is against the rules. I’d recommend that you thoroughly read through them, just so you don’t land yourself in hot water in the future

Requiring the link would be violating rule #1

“While playing Guild Wars 2, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the Game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players. This includes posting insulting, offensive, or abusive comments about players, repeatedly sending unwanted messages, reporting players maliciously, attacking a player based on race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Hate speech is not tolerated.”

If they feel they are being harassed to provide the link (which they are) then they can report those that are requiring the link.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Ascended gear is too much of an investment not to have some additional uses and benefits.

It’s exactly opposite. It is too much investment for it to have that much additional use.

The 5% increase in stats otherwise is meaningless, considering it is nothing compared to the power differential between casual and meta builds.

It’s also base dps increase. And since they are speaking about it being top players in ascended, why are you even mentioning casual builds? I’m pretty sure the enrage timers will make a short work of those.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Invest in Silk

Posted by: DarkusRogue.3027

DarkusRogue.3027

Lol, full ascended needed for the last part of the raid? Might as well lock raids behind level 50 fractals and be done with it. Looks like I won’t be doing raids. Ascended is a waste of money and time unless you’re doing fractals. 5% stat increase means nothing to me when I mostly play WvW anyway, and that 5% increase can easily be beaten by skill with the class.

So disappointed.

Invest in Silk

Just a flesh wound.3589

Requiring the link would be violating rule #1

“While playing Guild Wars 2, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the Game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players. This includes posting insulting, offensive, or abusive comments about players, repeatedly sending unwanted messages, reporting players maliciously, attacking a player based on race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Hate speech is not tolerated.”

If they feel they are being harassed to provide the link (which they are) then they can report those that are requiring the link.

Harassment: covers a wide range of behaviours of an offensive nature. It is commonly understood as behaviour intended to disturb or upset, and it is characteristically repetitive. In the legal sense, it is intentional behaviour which is found threatening or disturbing

Asking someone to provide proof of what ANet has said is a required part of doing this content is not harassment. No more than requiring zerk or experienced speed clears in your LFG for a dungeon and kicking those who don’t meet your requirements.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Pink Porcupine.5461

Pink Porcupine.5461

It’d be nice to have raid wings drop ascended chests a lot though.

Invest in Silk

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

checked out that site… says it wants my API key to track all my kitten…. and likely steal my account…. fugetaboutit….. its more like www.gw2gimmeallineedtostealyouraccount.com

Invest in Silk

Just a flesh wound.3589

checked out that site… says it wants my API key to track all my kitten…. and likely steal my account…. fugetaboutit…..

How can it use an api key to steal your account? Presumably it doesn’t have access to your login, which is what it needs.

ANet may give it to you.

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

It’d be nice to have raid wings drop ascended chests a lot though.

Exactly. People are forgetting that Ascended gear can drop and now you can change the stats to what you want it to be. If you can do the first parts of the raid in exotic, keep doing that part for a while and you will probably get enough ascended drops to advance.

Also, it might not be very nice, but I think players should be free to set a high bar for those they want to play with. If someone wants to make everyone in their group do a gear check via GW2E, then either do it or don’t play with them.

That is a VERY tiny minority of people and I think they have the right to be picky and exclusive about who they play with, just as everyone else does.

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

While they said there wont be agony in there, I predict a new gimmick/infusion type that will act as a gate.

Edit*
How many remember the great Gossamer Depression of Ascended Armor? Investing in silk may give people some gold, but its going to be a loss for most people. Prices will inflate then a few will dump supplies and normalize/crash the price.

Teh Ouchies

(edited by Telemin.7380)

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Just kick the overly demanding leader and get on with the raid =P

Invest in Silk

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

checked out that site… says it wants my API key to track all my kitten…. and likely steal my account…. fugetaboutit….. its more like www.gw2gimmeallineedtostealyouraccount.com

You do know how an API key works right? You know it’s somthing Anet created and freely gives out to players who request it so stats can be tracked through apps an in programs. It has nothing to do with your account and or log-in information.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I am investing in something else

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Sizer.3987

Sizer.3987

If demanding people to link their gear to that efficiency site is going to be such a big deal it would already be happening in high lvl fractals, which are almost certainly going to be harder and more gear dependent than raids. Maybe some people have different experiences, but ive seen it referred to exactly once in two years, and it wasnt even someone demanding it, just people talking about that site.

Also I wouldnt take that tweet or any info about raids “requiring” ascended seriously unless you get concrete info from the devs about it needing AR, which we havent seen. But yea, silk is going to be one of the safest investments you can make, at least until wintersday drives the prices down again (if that happens again???)

80 Mesmer – Yaks Bend

Invest in Silk

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

Ever.
EVER.

^This

If there’s one uber high-end raid for such things all good but if I can’t complete 99% of the game in exotics as I can now or if it creates player segregation based purely on gear I’m out. I play GW2 specifically because it’s not one of those games.As it stands I can switch to alts easily for any content and gear them out as such cheaply. If this changes I can’t see myself playing much, if at all.

It’s also a terri-bad way to ascertain player skill. I have friends who play purely to grind and farm out gear, they have multiple characters fully geared out with ascended and legendaries yet struggle in any content that they aren’t familiar farming 24/7 while on the other hand I know players that completely ignore such things and steam-roll everything in the game naked with a rusty spoon.

Gear is by no means an accurate barometer or indicator of player skill. It simply means they have farmed…a lot.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ahh…now I understand the name change, and why the opening post. More on topic, I’m surprised about that Tweet. I didn’t think any new content would be gated by gear. Kind of disappointed, actually. =(

Invest in Silk

laokoko.7403

Ahh…now I understand the name change, and why the opening post. More on topic, I’m surprised about that Tweet. I didn’t think any new content would be gated by gear. Kind of disappointed, actually. =(

how did he change his account name.

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

how did he change his account name.

Display name and it was a name against rule so arena net change for them because of that.

;)

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

If ascended is required for raids, you can bet that it will be both easier to craft and there will be better gear in raids. And you can bet that ascended will either instantly, or gradually, become the new “exotic.”

Considering Colin said flat-out with no question that there will never be a tier beyond Ascended in power during the HoT announcement event, we can call bull on this right now.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

For what it’s worth, the price of silk has gone up only about 30 copper/scrap. The price of linen (also needed for ascended gear) has not changed — like silk, there was a demand spike; unlike silk, there was a supply spike, too.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

So the raid leader is the official master and commander of a raid group? Nice!^^

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I’m actually more surprised that nobody even commented on the name in all that time, but then again I guess it might be too obscure a term and my brain has just been in the gutter too long to notice it right away.

And now that I look at his posting history, he had the name for 10 months. That’s impressive.

(edited by Pandaman.4758)

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Watch Anet put ridiculous masses of Silk into new HoT crafting bags right after you invest.

That tweet about Ascended being required for Raids has to be complete nonsense, unless the new (infused) versions of ascended armor have an undisclosed extra feature, or if new non-AR infusions are being released with HoT. The 5% increase in stats otherwise is meaningless, considering it is nothing compared to the power differential between casual and meta builds.

Pretty much this. Due to how weapon strength works, ascended gear offers less of an advantage overall than the variance in damage. If ascended gear is to be required, then this would mean that the raids are tuned to fail the vast majority of the time due to RNG alone.

I’m glad it is all poppykitten because otherwise this would be utterly ridiculous. I myself have 7 different toons, and I would have to make multiple ascended sets for each of them depending on their prospective builds. With each ascended set costing anywhere from 600 to 1000 gold, I’ll basically have to buy 4 legendaries to put my new toons in the raid.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Well supply started to drop 8p EDT which of course raised the price.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Invest in Silk

laokoko.7403

That’s why I felt GW2 market is like the stock market. You get people hoarding items and throwing information here and there hoping their stock of items will raise in price.

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That’s why I felt GW2 market is like the stock market. You get people hoarding items and throwing information here and there hoping their stock of items will raise in price.

Well, it is a commodities market. It’s designed in part to act like one. (And scammers have always existed — among the nice features of the gw2 economy is that the scammers are more noticeable/obvious and it is a lot more difficult to alter the market for long, compared to other games.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Its a hardcore stuff really low % of player base will do the raids and people that gonna do them got the gear/mats already.

Invest in Silk

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Ah yes… I am certain that raids will require full ascended, just like todays dungeons can only be completed by 5 people, not one peep less.

I mean soloing a dungeon is completely impossible!!! Maybe you can 4 man dungeons if you really stretch your imagination, but only in full legendary I suppose.