Invincible and unscrupulous agents in China.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: alberte.2685

alberte.2685

http://do.gw2.kongzhong.com/czdjx/rank#web_btn

This is a link KDW district in guild wars 2 week activities in China?Top-up within a prescribed period of time the first player can obtain full glory, legendary front, and a box containing ghost shield.

Agents need to make money that don’t have anything to say,A few days ago I saw the beautiful clothing processing video player plugin,Although let people rejoice but doesn’t have anything to do with the Chinese server.

Chinese operators of foreign processing method in the following?

First write a crackdown on plugins statement online

Queries are then reported how players consumption, prepaid phone number of players and some of the studio account, no matter how to report and video will not be closure, of course, if the top-up first player means you can do any illegal things in the game

Similarly, operators have their own difficulties, GW2 itself play a single, thin game content has also led to the server can’t have a lot of players, lead to operators in financial difficulties.

Ok, I just want to say that you post when blow plugins? When to release the expansion? Average players too boring, nothing can be done.

PS:1, this means that after the first three of these rich people no matter how to do illegal things in the game, will not get banned
2, do you know why didn’t the SAB open in April?Because KZW SAB skin sold large amount of money, that is the behavior of the Chinese operators is affect the US server.

This is my guess based on the Chinese server and hidden rules

(edited by alberte.2685)

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

…………….what?…..

….

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Is this about a third party gold selling shop or something official in the Chinese version? I’m not sure. Or just a little whinge on how the game sucks? I’ve never liked what I’ve heard about how it is run there. There should never have been a difference.

You’re fairly correct about average players though. Nothing can be done.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

You would be best served posting your issues in the forums for the Chinese client. You won’t get much support or even understanding here.

The Burninator

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Is this about a third party gold selling shop or something official in the Chinese version? I’m not sure. Or just a little whinge on how the game sucks? I’ve never liked what I’ve heard about how it is run there. There should never have been a difference.

please explain the OP…

Also i thought that chinese laws dictated how long one can be online for a video game/mmo? I thought that was a thing but I could be completely wrong.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

alberte.2685

You would be best served posting your issues in the forums for the Chinese client. You won’t get much support or even understanding here.

I just want to give you open mind ~ cherish us server

zenleto.6179

please explain the OP…

Also i thought that chinese laws dictated how long one can be online for a video game/mmo? I thought that was a thing but I could be completely wrong.

At first I thought it must have been about gold sellers getting really professional but then I twigged that “agent” must mean Kong Zhong and he’s complaining that they’re charging real money for a just about anything and everything (or near enough). He’s followed it up with what looks like a moan about how the game has no guts and if it did then the agent wouldn’t have to charge real money for anything/much because there would be more people playing.

I think.

The queries bit has me stumped though.

Oh, and alberte – I hope you don’t think we’re having a go at you but if you used a translation program to put that out then i think it could be considered average.

(edited by zenleto.6179)

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

So lets it get straight :

a) If you ‘’pay sub’’ in china for a year , you will get those items after a year (guaranteed) .

b) some ppl that are subbed , made a ‘’beautiful clothing processing video player plugin’’ and the company wont ban them cause they are subbed .
That ’’plugin’’ means that you personaly can see only and redesign your gear in a more ’’sexy’’ way ? (I WANT IT !!!!)

c) you dont have anything to do ingame ( get used to it , if we get yearly x-packs:P)

d) plz dont delete your post history … i remember you from the launch :P

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I’m probably wrong about this but KongZhong looks as if they have a common “debit” account that players use for all their games. They have a variety of payment methods to charge this account.

During the GW2 anniversary in China there are a number of events with prizes keyed on how much you recharge your account during this celebration.

1st event is recharge 30 yuan or less, you get a full makeover kit, 31-100 yuan the kit and 2 keys and 101 to 500 yuan the kit and 12 keys.

2nd event grants you a discount on gems. Recharge 10-499 yuan gives you 20% off, 500 yuan or more gives you 30% off.

The 3rd event, the one linked to is the top 10 players who recharge their account the most during the celebration get parts of a special armor skin, which I don’t recognize (it has glowing white bits), more pieces the higher ranked you are.

So if you want this skin, you are competing with other players to pour as much money into your KongZhong player account. So it’s a fight among “whales”. It’s not even who buys the most gems for use in GW2. GW2 could be a secondary game with World of Tanks being their preferred game and they could win this armor.

This is all KongZhong’s doing. ANet might get a cut from gem and box sales but this is neither, at least until they spend it on gems.

At least that’s what I think it’s about.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

Very interesting system

zenleto.6179

I’m probably wrong about this but KongZhong looks as if they have a common “debit” account that players use for all their games. They have a variety of payment methods to charge this account.

During the GW2 anniversary in China there are a number of events with prizes keyed on how much you recharge your account during this celebration.

1st event is recharge 30 yuan or less, you get a full makeover kit, 31-100 yuan the kit and 2 keys and 101 to 500 yuan the kit and 12 keys.

2nd event grants you a discount on gems. Recharge 10-499 yuan gives you 20% off, 500 yuan or more gives you 30% off.

The 3rd event, the one linked to is the top 10 players who recharge their account the most during the celebration get parts of a special armor skin, which I don’t recognize (it has glowing white bits), more pieces the higher ranked you are.

So if you want this skin, you are competing with other players to pour as much money into your KongZhong player account. So it’s a fight among “whales”. It’s not even who buys the most gems for use in GW2. GW2 could be a secondary game with World of Tanks being their preferred game and they could win this armor.

This is all KongZhong’s doing. ANet might get a cut from gem and box sales but this is neither, at least until they spend it on gems.

At least that’s what I think it’s about.

That’s….um….I don’t know. Doesn’t really make for a partnership it seems.

alberte.2685

Very interesting system

1, this means that after the first three of these rich people no matter how to do illegal things in the game, will not get banned
2, do you know why didn’t the SAB open in April?Because KZW SAB skin sold large amount of money, that is the behavior of the Chinese operators is affect the US server.

Killthehealersffs.8940

Very interesting system

But… but some1 said in an other post that GW2 has only 50.000 players in the chinese server ……

(i am sorry , i will continue my Dexter series )

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

^

Since a previous Chinese poster has already said the the Chinese version has less than 50,000 players I don’t see how it can survive. Surely it’s going to close down anyway. if it can’t pay the bills.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Prototypemind.4026

It seems that western developers have trouble adapting to eastern markets the same way eastern developers have trouble understanding what players want here.

Behellagh.1468

The game had over 1 million accounts at it’s official launch last May. It was still in the top 10 MMOs in China six months later. Recently World of Tanks became a big KongZhong game and doesn’t require you to buy it first, unlike GW2. GW2 was strange like that there.

RIP City of Heroes

alberte.2685

^

Since a previous Chinese poster has already said the the Chinese version has less than 50,000 players I don’t see how it can survive. Surely it’s going to close down anyway. if it can’t pay the bills.

1, we have to pay once money game, so we can play to guild wars 2.If it has I need I will pay, if he is not good, I love to pay the studio.
2, this game is no longer popular in China, it is a fact.
3, another is the fact that why one hundreds of millions of people love to play PC games market guild wars 2 couldn’t succeed.World of warcraft and hero alliance is very successful.Most Chinese AFK players are waiting for ANET amplification, waiting for the HOT whether can succeed.Yes, I also so.
4, I am not happy because of KZW didn’t want to have a good business guild wars 2, play with possessions clown mocked, send you a few spherical spirit quality is super gift.Actually plugin has wiped out WVW, PVP now already a lot of plugins.The KZW reply is please avoid playing the player with plugins.

zenleto.6179

^

1, we have to pay once money game, so we can play to guild wars 2.If it has I need I will pay, if he is not good, I love to pay the studio.
3, another is the fact that why one hundreds of millions of people love to play PC games market guild wars 2 couldn’t succeed.World of warcraft and hero alliance is very successful.Most Chinese AFK players are waiting for ANET amplification, waiting for the HOT whether can succeed.Yes, I also so.
4, I am not happy because of KZW didn’t want to have a good business guild wars 2, play with possessions clown mocked, send you a few spherical spirit quality is super gift.Actually plugin has wiped out WVW, PVP now already a lot of plugins.The KZW reply is please avoid playing the player with plugins.

Are you (and apparently others) unhappy with the way it’s run over there, or with game itself? I can’t understand why the game even needed to be changed. Surely there’s that many people that a stack of them would like the appeal of it in the way many of us do in the western markets.

alberte.2685

Below is my guess,
Because KZW need money to run the game – > sell SAB skin – > SAB cannot open

Americans do not usually care about China’s server, in fact we are a community, we all want to play fun games, also hope to guild wars 2 will be successful.
And game company as can be plus or minus points to the game..Can say that The world of warcraft in mainland China’s early success, The nine city, The company is very careful and paid very much.Before that there is no any MMORPG to be successful in China.

Just a flesh wound.3589

If I understand the situation over there, KZW has the main decision making ability on the profit making part of the game. ANet is required by Chinese law to let them handle running it and is the junior partner. If this is true then posting on the western forums won’t help you. We can sympathize if the game is awful but neither we nor ANet can change KZW’s business policies.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

NCsoft saw a potential market in China. One of their products is GW2. Laws in China are such that they could not just open up some servers and sell the game to people living there. They where required to use a Chinese company as the distributor. ANET is responsible for making sure the game functions within the law and to update it, that is it. All pricing, events, etc are up to the distributor. Legally ANET has zero say in that aspect.

alberte.2685

^

Are you (and apparently others) unhappy with the way it’s run over there, or with game itself? I can’t understand why the game even needed to be changed. Surely there’s that many people that a stack of them would like the appeal of it in the way many of us do in the western markets.

Is essentially the same as Chinese and western players appreciate and good design.Good design is can be across borders.

I put it this way, apple mobile phone in China can succeed, because it is good enough, good to people from all ethnic cultures to be able to appreciate it.Hero alliance, world of warcraft, and some TV drama.

The other is an extreme example, most Chinese people don’t like the Japanese, because the cause of the war, but the Japanese design is very popular in China.Because they are good enough.

As a game in China nearly died, I believe that for players like it, this is bad news.

And don’t look down upon Chinese, China’s four major ancient civilizations, and thousands of years China has been the east’s most powerful nation.Although the past 100 years make China seem to become a nation no longer respected.But the height of civilization will be back in China, just like the past thousands of years.

Prototypemind.4026

Am I reading correctly that there are paid PvP/WvW items via the KZW shop?

Just a flesh wound.3589

One thing OP mentions is “illegal things” and plug in statements online.

The illegal things, who handles that? The data from the game undoubtably goes through the publisher. Do they handle the banning of illegal things or does ANet? If the data goes through KZW I suspect it does since they have the information first hand.

The same probably for the plug in statements (whatever those are).

ANet may give it to you.

Killthehealersffs.8940

Below is my guess,

You simply dont understand something .
A while ago the company said that they wont focus on creating the ‘new section/part’’ of the SAB , neither expant dungeons for the time beeing ….
That created a huge uproar , here in the community … if you remember corectly

I remember some1 creating an uproar about the company for banning ppl using the WTFast or the implamentation of the King-Queen sub model , but i dont remember whos he was ….

I cant still understand , how they can make huge amount of money with the SAB skins , but with low population …

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

alberte.2685

Am I reading correctly that there are paid PvP/WvW items via the KZW shop?

On the surface is not, in fact, as long as you are spending enough, you can open in PVP/plugin WVW random killings, video, report, any way, complaints are doesn’t make any sense.Activities like this, China’s rich people are likely to be a top-up gems of up to 1 million yuan.In fact there are some Chinese game to pay 100000 RMB a month can only mix a little brother

Behellagh.1468

So you are saying that there are cheat mods some players are using, big time paying customers, so KongZhong don’t ban them and that’s hurting the game for the rest of you.

I’m sorry that KZW is treating you so poorly but they pretty much have total control how the game servers are run there as well as the gem and other shops. ANet simply provides them the game and the tools to localize it for a small cut of sales the game generates.

RIP City of Heroes

alberte.2685

Below is my guess,

You simply dont understand something .
A while ago the company said that they wont focus on creating the ‘new section/part’’ of the SAB , neither expant dungeons for the time beeing ….
That created a huge uproar , here in the community … if you remember corectly

I remember some1 creating an uproar about the implamentation of the King-Queen sub model
Or the company for banning ppl using the WTFast

I cant still understand , how they can make huge amount of money with the SAB skins , but with low population …

The Chinese will be look down upon the ability of making money.
KZW launched an activity, you can buy a prop, random gain a skin, like a lottery.There might be SAB skin.
The number of guild wars 2 is very less, because the game problems of its own, and not completely is the responsibility of the operator.

Many American server game changes, such as the so-called new guidance system, some new skin back, all is the experiment on the server in China.Then the players don’t like, will not appear, and the Chinese players have no choice.Chinese players on the server will not be able to pass production experience, the server needs to be completed only less than 50% of the map can be full level, while the Chinese server needs to be completed 70%, fault will encounter a lot of experience.This leads to a lot of new to guild wars 2 players left directly.

alberte.2685

So you are saying that there are cheat mods some players are using, big time paying customers, so KongZhong don’t ban them and that’s hurting the game for the rest of you.

I’m sorry that KZW is treating you so poorly but they pretty much have total control how the game servers are run there as well as the gem and other shops. ANet simply provides them the game and the tools to localize it for a small cut of sales the game generates.

ANET actually did a lot of experiments on the server in China, the worst part in all the servers in China, for example, PVP, players will match to a team player.As early as the system is running on the server in China, and makes a lot of players out of the game.Because LOL is fair, but in GW2 a loose players will be team players playing vomiting blood, you’ll never win.
ANET later turn the system has been generalized to US on the server.

zenleto.6179

^

Is essentially the same as Chinese and western players appreciate and good design.Good design is can be across borders.

I put it this way, apple mobile phone in China can succeed, because it is good enough, good to people from all ethnic cultures to be able to appreciate it.Hero alliance, world of warcraft, and some TV drama.

The other is an extreme example, most Chinese people don’t like the Japanese, because the cause of the war, but the Japanese design is very popular in China.Because they are good enough.

As a game in China nearly died, I believe that for players like it, this is bad news.

And don’t look down upon Chinese, China’s four major ancient civilizations, and thousands of years China has been the east’s most powerful nation.Although the past 100 years make China seem to become a nation no longer respected.But the height of civilization will be back in China, just like the past thousands of years.

And this is mostly what I thought but please don’t get all paranoid and think I’m looking down on Chinese people. I don’t even know where you got this from in my post.

Killthehealersffs.8940

Lets see :
From one hand you are saying that GW2 players in China , they dont have anything to do so they leave , and you ask when the x-packs will launch

Then in the other hand you are saying that the NPE theres a huge difference in the XP gained (20% slower in the chinese server) and newer ppl hate it

Hm , can you make a roadmap , where our conversation will go , or we will here all night ?

But again ….. the USA+ EU side makes 20 million dollars
If the Chinese version has only 50.000 ppl x 15 dollars skin = 750.000 dallars
I dont see the problem of not releasein the SAB
( they said " No SAB + no new dungeons for the near future ..)

alberte.2685

One thing OP mentions is “illegal things” and plug in statements online.

The illegal things, who handles that? The data from the game undoubtably goes through the publisher. Do they handle the banning of illegal things or does ANet? If the data goes through KZW I suspect it does since they have the information first hand.

The same probably for the plug in statements (whatever those are).

Plugins in China, it is through the local modification of data transformation, which means that the open plugins can release 10000 times a second.All of these can be flying stealth in underground movement.
This plugin can appear, because the server will not review the data.That means ANET need to audit the wrong data to make the game itself..Probably is this meaning.

alberte.2685

Lets see :
From one hand you are saying that GW2 players in China , they dont have anything to do so they leave , and you ask when the x-packs will launch

Then in the other hand you are saying that the NPE theres a huge difference in the XP gained (20% slower in the chinese server) and newer ppl hate it

Hm , can you make a roadmap , where our conversation will go , or we will here all night ?

But again ….. the USA+ EU side makes 20 million dollars
If the Chinese version has only 50.000 ppl x 15 dollars skin = 750.000 dallars
I dont see the problem of not releasein the SAB
( they said " No SAB + no new dungeons for the near future ..)

SAB SKIN?Direct selling is 55 dollar, want to draw to draw, it involves several hundred dollar.

Poor guild wars 2, in China to sell only at a price of $12, 1.5 million, and diablo 3 for $24 a week sold 3 million copies

Killthehealersffs.8940

Poor guild wars 2, in China to sell only at a price of $12, 1.5 million, and diablo 3 for $24 a week sold 3 million copies

And they call me a crazed dog , when i witchunt ppl that think they way i do …

Ok ok you win :P

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

How the chinese server is run and their methods of bringing in income have little to do with ANet.

It was pretty much expected by a lot of the playerbase for GW2 to flop in China, the game is too casual compared with what the market is used to and it wasn’t well received

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

^

Wow, where do you get off making this about “looking down on the Chinese” and bringing racism into this. He said nothing of the sort. You owe an apology.

It is sad that you even think this way. Take a good look at yourself.

The poster simply said he didn’t understand how or why the market preferences differ. At worst his implicit argument that he/she thinks you should like the same things could be taken as slightly unaware of typical cross market / cultural differences, but he asks the question in good faith and in looking towards increasing his understanding.

Your inappropriate reaction and response is a result of your bias/racism, it makes you assume motivations in others that aren’t there. You have the arrogance to think you understand their motivations and judge them on it.

The original poster seemed to be properly admitting his ignorance and you took that and decided to make it into something that it wasn’t to reflect your sad world view.

It is also racist against Chinese people to say “most Chinese people don’t like the Japanese”. You don’t have sufficient sample size to make this claim of racism on behalf of an entire people, a fair number of whom don’t live in China but still on some level consider themselves Chinese people.

You should really ask yourself, do you think the majority of Japanese today had anything to do with Nanjing?

Now if you want to look for people to be angry at for killing the Chinese. Perhaps you should turn your ignorant hatred on the people from this country “http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiping_Rebellion”.

This is perhaps one of the worst masacre’s in Chinese history, and it was perpetrated by well what you would call “Chinese people”.

Now ask yourself is it reasonable that the Chinese should hate the Chinese for this war? (in this case mostly hakka if I recall). Will you turn on yourselves?

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

*to be fair their does seem to be indications of a lack of responsibility taken on behalf of the Japanese government for actions taken during WWII with respect to the invasion of China, but then you may be mad at those government representatives, there are many of Japanese descent whom had no relatives in that invasion, nor did they vote for this government. So it is still a racist opinion to hold a whole group of people responsible for actions taken by members of the group.

(edited by shion.2084)

Prototypemind.4026

That escalated quickly…

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

For those that aren’t quite clear on one concept here, consider this…plugins as he calls them would be considered add-ons here…aka outside programs that allow you to automate your actions…which apparently KZ does nothing about when it’s the big spenders using them in WvW/PvP.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

So says this person. I don’t know. There are posters on these forums that would say the same thing about add-ons here, or that ArenaNet never bans anyone for cheating.

/shrug

Regardless, it seems this poster would be best served commenting on the China forums. I’m guessing that our GMs aren’t active on their servers.

Good luck.

shion.2084

Poster also seems to be indicating, if I understand, that the plug-ins allow for not just macro, (operations 10000 times per second), but also perma stealth. So basically I take it to mean the games lost it’s appeal due to too many people using cheats of some form or another making it not enjoyable to play.

The next part of his post explains that data sent to the server from the thin client indicating that you are stealth and underground, is not validated by the server as being contextually possible given the class/circumstances of the player. So this is why he thinks its able to be done if I understand.

“Plugins in China, it is through the local modification of data transformation, which means that the open plugins can release 10000 times a second.All of these can be flying stealth in underground movement.”

shion.2084

I wonder if underground is the tunneling animation?