Invisible Weapon Skins

Invisible Weapon Skins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BigBangTheorist.8760

BigBangTheorist.8760

I have been thinking that it would be kind of nice to have Invisible Weapon Skins. I use a lot of magic based characters in this game and think that hand magic would look great.

Any thoughts?

Invisible Weapon Skins

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

I have been thinking that it would be kind of nice to have Invisible Weapon Skins. I use a lot of magic based characters in this game and think that hand magic would look great.

Any thoughts?

Fine with me, optional items that you can use or not, are ok in my opinion.

Or make Warrior look like they’re punching the enemy with their armor gauntleted fists!

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Invisible Weapon Skins

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I would actually prefer to this this as it’s own “weapon skill”. Since it doesn’t require weapon skins and different animations could be used for brawling, martial arts, hand magic etc, I think there is potential for new elites here, esp Warrior, Thief and Mesmer.

Or even Necro – Kali Mar! Kali Mar!!

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Invisible Weapon Skins

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

I have been thinking that it would be kind of nice to have Invisible Weapon Skins.

If it is PvE only I don’t care. In PvP and WvW it is very important to see what kind of weapons your opponent is using.

Invisible Weapon Skins

Posted by: BigBangTheorist.8760

BigBangTheorist.8760

I am thinking more like:
Necro Staff skills – that you see the scythe and the staff (throws off the effect)
Elementalist – all skills from scepter and staff would look great.

Things like that.

Invisible Weapon Skins

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Any thoughts?

If you use magic in this game, you should know that weapons are critical in using certain magics. I’m not against ANet offering a premium “Emperor’s Weapon Set” of invisible skins; I don’t think it would fit the lore that well.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Invisible Weapon Skins

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Any thoughts?

IMO, Anet should have a toggle off appearance like they do with hats, shoulders, and should do with the rest of the armor slots.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Invisible Weapon Skins

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

YES PLEASE! No more weapon clipping! -throws wallet at the screen- Do it, Anet!

Invisible Weapon Skins

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

That would make the charr’s Hundred Mops animation even more amusing.

Invisible Weapon Skins

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Elementalists can look like Avatar with these! Support

Invisible Weapon Skins

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Weapon motion and effects are valuable tells for allies and opponents.

Invisible Weapon Skins

Posted by: Maria Murtor.7253

Maria Murtor.7253

Dropped by Treasure Rutabagas. Chance 1 : 50,000

Guild Wars 2 – Musicvideo: Claws and Steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghA_efMiWkg

Invisible Weapon Skins

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Weapon motion and effects are valuable tells for allies and opponents.

Dropped by Treasure Rutabagas. Chance 1 : 50,000

If it was a toggle instead of skins, you could simply toggle it back on if doing difficult content where tells were needed. And no stupid drop RNG.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Invisible Weapon Skins

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

Any thoughts?

If you use magic in this game, you should know that weapons are critical in using certain magics. I’m not against ANet offering a premium “Emperor’s Weapon Set” of invisible skins; I don’t think it would fit the lore that well.

In guild wars 1, you didn’t need weapons to do magic. Everything’s in flux

Invisible Weapon Skins

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

This would raise some tactical problems in PvP!

Invisible Weapon Skins

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

Any thoughts?

In guild wars 1, you didn’t need weapons to do magic. Everything’s in flux

Here you don’t need it as well, it makes it just easyer and allows you different magic – it’s like you can still open a door without a key/screwdriver/chainsaw – but it is way harder when it is locked – after all only skill 1-5 need weapons

Invisible Weapon Skins

Posted by: Djahlat.9610

Djahlat.9610

Any thoughts?

I’m so happy I understood the naked emperor reference I feel like a totally literate individual lmao.
Honestly I’d rather have ANet make new Especs with hand combat/magic because there are things that would look very odd. For instance, the idle Staff animation would look very funky with an invisible staff. Or the draw/sheathe Animations for sword/scepter, etc.