Is Anet being too vauge?

Is Anet being too vauge?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Revolution.6301

Revolution.6301

Note: This is not a grind thread no, its actually on topic Is Anet being too vauge?

Imo Anet is being so vauge with what they want to do. I mean you can’t tell and its iratating at times to know what’s going to happen to this game.

Is Anet being too vauge?

Posted by: revodeel.2651

revodeel.2651

The irony being that your post is somewhat vague…..

If you are referring to their description of the Flame and Frost story, I believe they are leaving out some of the story detail so that we, the players, discover this information as we play through the story.

Do not allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

Is Anet being too vauge?

Posted by: bewhatever.2390

bewhatever.2390

My perception is that the level of transparency from Anet dropped significantly after release, and particularly after content releases which were not well received by significant segments of the player base.

Is Anet being too vauge?

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

there also not telling us because there trying to keep info away from there competition , Kinda like DE’s and Transmutation stone’s A-net talked and talked and talked about them and than befor GW2 even came out WoW added Trans stone’s and game’s like rift had ((fail)) DE’s. when it was GW2 that origanly talked about the idea’s

Is Anet being too vauge?

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

What I think is annoying with ArenaNet is that most of their talk is ‘’We can’t talk about it.’’

I understand the reason, but it’s far too annoying.

I rather hear ‘’This is what we want to do, and this is how far we have developed this feature, we hope it will be something more like this than that.’’

Is Anet being too vauge?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Note: This is not a grind thread no, its actually on topic Is Anet being too vauge?

Imo Anet is being so vauge with what they want to do. I mean you can’t tell and its iratating at times to know what’s going to happen to this game.

I think that true for all game makers. If you say something for sure and it dose not work out then every one will at it as if it was a lie. It not about if they can or cant do it or the fact that they tried for the players its about the outcome. Sadly its a self making cyclical where every thing something small mess up the game makers become more vauge about what they can do to avoid back lash from the players and then the players ask for more info so when something wrong happens they will get more mad after the fact.

There just no forgiveness for mess ups.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Is Anet being too vauge?

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

Your post is so vague I have no real clue to what you are referring in relation to the game and Anet…. or how I should respond.

Is Anet being too vauge?

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

I think if they gave a more clear picture as to what was going on, yes, they’d be in a better position.

See, for example, when they announced that they were going to blanket-nerf AoE. Player reaction was largely negative, and they pulled back, saying they’d evaluate on a case-by-case basis instead. That was a quick and easy dialogue between players and devs, and it prevented what might have been a disastrous patch from occurring.

That’s one step forward. Now they need to start giving more details. They obviously can’t tell us everything, but players should be given enough detail that they can adequately judge the pluses and minuses before it rolls, that way they can give prompt feedback that can help the devs before new content comes out.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Is Anet being too vauge?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

What I think is annoying with ArenaNet is that most of their talk is ‘’We can’t talk about it.’’

I understand the reason, but it’s far too annoying.

I rather hear ‘’This is what we want to do, and this is how far we have developed this feature, we hope it will be something more like this than that.’’

Given the response they get in the forums, inevitably and demonstrably, from everything they do not being good enough or being an attempt to ruin the game . . .

I’d rather hear “we can’t talk about it” over “we would talk about it, but then you’d pick apart every word and ask us what ‘most’ actually translates to”.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Is Anet being too vauge?

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

Is Anet being too vague? In some perspectives I would like them to communicate with the community better regarding their intentions.

That said, there are business secrets. It’s safer for them to make no promises than to make a whole bunch that gets ignored later.

Is Anet being too vauge?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Forum goers: We aren’t getting any good drops. World bosses are horrible. There’s no reward for them.

Other Forum goers: You promised us guesting, we want guesting. When will it be available. Another broken promise.

Anet: Okay we’ll fix the drops. We’ll make it worth doing world bosses. And we’ll finally implement guesting.

Forum goers: There’s lag everywhere. You can’t do anything. People are guesting to my server.

It doesn’t matter what Anet does or says for two reasons. First the MMO playerbase is so fragmented, a percentage want one thing and another percentage want another thing. And both things are mutually exclusive.

People want raids. People absolutely don’t want raids. People want better rewards, better rewards are killing playability in certain zones. People want cheaper, easier to get legendaries. People want legendaries to take time and money to get so they mean something.

So what is Anet supposed to do? Communicate every idea they have, before they’ve discussed it to death? To what end? So people can complain loudly before they implement.

Anet has numbers to some degree of what people are looking for. They definitely have more data than any player has access to. They make decisions based on their data. Players kitten and moan and say Anet is wrong, even though players don’t necessarily have the data.

It’s like a profession nerf. Most warriors wouldn’t enjoy being nerfed and they’d complain about it, while many other professions feel the warrior should be nerfed. Who should Anet listen to? What should they say? Why should the say it?

Anet would be really really stupid if they didn’t keep their cards close to their chest. Not just for competition reasons, but because they can’t do ANYTHING with having to go into damage control mode. Not because the stuff is necessarily bad, but because a certain percentage of the population will very vocally say it’s bad. The new dailies and the fractals are perfect examples. Many many people really like the Fractals. Many people like the new dailies. But it doesn’t matter, because the amount of complaining about these things is legendary.

If I were Anet, I’d give you less information than you’re getting now.

Is Anet being too vauge?

Posted by: Revolution.6301

Revolution.6301

For example, the random creation of Ascended Gear or that Karka island ~why is it there?~

Is Anet being too vauge?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’m more irritated that (other than the few blogs or dev posts in forums) ANet dispenses what information they do give out everywhere but on the official site. I’ve seen way more forum posts by players about something someone from ANet said: on Reddit; in an AMA, on facebook, on twitter, on some third-party site, etc. than I;ve seen official information released on the official site. That’s bassackward.

Is Anet being too vauge?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m more irritated that (other than the few blogs or dev posts in forums) ANet dispenses what information they do give out everywhere but on the official site. I’ve seen way more forum posts by players about something someone from ANet said: on Reddit; in an AMA, on facebook, on twitter, on some third-party site, etc. than I;ve seen official information released on the official site. That’s bassackward.

This is one of the most legit complaints about Anet. Saying something on Twitter and not on their site or the forum is ridiculous. I’m a big fan, but they need to present information across all spectrums at the same time. There are several times I found out something from Twitter that others didn’t know.