Is Anet destroying the game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fanum.6598

Fanum.6598

This is just a rant/opinion spree, so if you don’t care, feel free to ignore it.

I’m really concerned about where this game is heading. I’ve been hearing a lot about how Anet is going to ruin berserker gear entirely, and also how they are going to nerf warrior even more.

First I was told about the crit damage nerf. I hate this idea, and I think it will have a negative impact on the game. But hey thats just a theory. it could turn out to balance things, but I personally don’t think its needed. Using berserker means sacrificing other stats in order to have a good dps. And unless you are really skilled and good with your class, then its freaking noticable. For the avarage player, this is not an issue with high dps.

Second of all, I was told about warriors “healing signet” getting a nerf in the future. To be specific, I was told 8% or more. Wheres the logic in that? It’s not even that good. It makes very little difference in zergs, and when dueling 1 vs 1, or in smaller groups, yeah its useful, but its on pair with every other regeneration signets out there, and elementalists can easily outheal it. Why the biping bip, does it need a nerf? At that point it wont even be worth using. They may as well remove it entirely. Besides, in my personal experience, other classes can have MUCH more regen and healing effeciency than a warrior.

I admit, I am VERY negative about all these “nerfs” and “balance” changes. Many of them are just rumours and not official but I am going to assume they are correct since Anet has a history of the ancient nerf hammer. I enjoy playing my warrior. Most the time Im getting my dumb behind kicked, but i do manage a kill from time to time. if everything I use is getting nerfed, then my favorite class will be useless to me. Of course some players will be able to grow with the changes, but I personally think it’s stupid, and they need to focus on balancing things that are actually broken, such as 24/7 stealth with godmode healing. (yes I suck against thieves, they kick my behind all the time, and yes bro, Im mad)

This is just my personal opinion, and as much as its a cry out to Anet, it’s also a rant. So yes Im exaggerating to get my point out, and yes I havent given it all as much thought as I probably should have. But I thought I needed to get it out, since I like this game as it is, and I would be a little sad to see it break away from what it used to be. Because quite frankly, for each balance they throw out, the less I really feel like playing the game.

-Negative Fanum Deactivated-

(edited by Fanum.6598)

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Yeah, you kinda lost me at “nerf warrior even more.”

Fanum.6598

Care to elaborate?

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

healing signet is so strong that the warrior does not have to sacrifice DPS for it. Sure other professions can get better regen , but they have to sacrifice their damage. This is why it is over powered.

Fanum.6598

healing signet is so strong that the warrior does not have to sacrifice DPS for it. Sure other professions can get better regen , but they have to sacrifice their damage. This is why it is over powered.

I see your point, but for the avarage warrior, it’s not that noticable. I mean sure, I see warriors do really good in pvp and wvw, but warriors gets whacked around all the time. So even if they dont need to sacrifice dps, they still die. I admit Im not the best warrior around yet, but for me the regen isnt giving me an unbelievable advantage, at best it makes me stay alive long enough to hope to win.

And besides, all classes have advantages and disadvantages. Warrior isnt an elitist class that everyone choose because its OP. If they want certain wins, they choose thieves or Mesmer.

Posted by: Sakri.7234

Sakri.7234

Instead of nerfing zerker, they should have boosted cond dmg and cc. With the current mechanics, they are next to useless in PVE. And generally people hate nerfs. They should instead boost weaker options. People like to see heroes growing stronger over time, not the other way around. Basic psychology, anet.

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

Instead of nerfing zerker, they should have boosted cond dmg and cc. With the current mechanics, they are next to useless in PVE. And generally people hate nerfs. They should instead boost weaker options. People like to see heroes growing stronger over time, not the other way around. Basic psychology, anet.

Boosting condition damage and crowd control would cause a huge cry from the WvW/PvP crowd. The crying is already there.

Fanum.6598

Boosting condition damage and crowd control would cause a huge cry from the WvW/PvP crowd. The crying is already there.

Yeah but why on earth can’t they just balance wvw and pve seperately? That shouldnt be so freaking hard. if they balance something in pve it is going to affect wvw in a negative way if they don’t consider it 100%

Posted by: pswendel.8179

pswendel.8179

I see your point, but for the avarage warrior, it’s not that noticable. I mean sure, I see warriors do really good in pvp and wvw, but warriors gets whacked around all the time. So even if they dont need to sacrifice dps, they still die. I admit Im not the best warrior around yet, but for me the regen isnt giving me an unbelievable advantage, at best it makes me stay alive long enough to hope to win.

And besides, all classes have advantages and disadvantages. Warrior isnt an elitist class that everyone choose because its OP. If they want certain wins, they choose thieves or Mesmer.

It’s about the active ability. Currently the passive is so strong that there is no point in using the active side of the signet. You would actually be wasting health in doing so.

This thread, from what i could tell, is about berserker signet warriors – I’m not sure how that nerf in that niche is breaking the game.

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

Yeah but why on earth can’t they just balance wvw and pve seperately? That shouldnt be so freaking hard. if they balance something in pve it is going to affect wvw in a negative way if they don’t consider it 100%

Trust me, I agree with you. I would love to be able to play a condition role in PvE. But it’s weak. However, it’s overpowered somewhat in WvW and PvP.

Fanum.6598

It’s about the active ability. Currently the passive is so strong that there is no point in using the active side of the signet. You would actually be wasting health in doing so.

This thread, from what i could tell, is about berserker signet warriors – I’m not sure how that nerf in that niche is breaking the game.

I’m focusing mainly on that I agree, but a lot of people are upset about these incomming changes. Despite of that, Anet seems to disregard that entirely. They seem to completely neglect the player base opinions (I know thats an assumption).

If that is the case, the game is not going to grow. If the players are screaming 1 thing, and Anet goes in the exact opposite direction, it’s not going to end well. I guess I didn’t make that point clear.

Also, I focus mainly on those specific things because that is the things that are important to me, and they are on the edge of being nerfed.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Care to elaborate?

That the class widely regarded as the absolute pinnacle of performance in PvE, serviceable to full-on deadly in WvW, and at least respectable in sPvP is the most deserving of a bit of toning down/nerfing is manifestly self-evident to people who don’t have their ego tied up in in a Warrior-main (and recognized by more than a few who do have Warrior-mains).

Its basically the only class that the Dev say “is where we want it” with ALL OTHERS lagging behind. as long as its an over performer, its going to be square in the gunsights for a trim at minimum, and a sound thrashing with the nerf-bat wouldn’t be out of line.

So opening an argument with “don’t nerf mah warriah!” pretty much nuked your credibility with people interested in seeing this game reach some modicum of level playing field between professions.

Maybe you had some great ideas after that. I honestly don’t know, because I stopped reading at that point too.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Fanum.6598

Care to elaborate?

That the class widely regarded as the absolute pinnacle of performance in PvE, serviceable to full-on deadly in WvW, and at least respectable in sPvP is the most deserving of a bit of toning down/nerfing is manifestly self-evident to people who don’t have their ego tied up in in a Warrior-main (and recognized by more than a few who do have Warrior-mains).

Its basically the only class that the Dev say “is where we want it” with ALL OTHERS lagging behind. as long as its an over performer, its going to be square in the gunsights for a trim at minimum, and a sound thrashing with the nerf-bat wouldn’t be out of line.

So opening an argument with “don’t nerf mah warriah!” pretty much nuked your credibility with people interested in seeing this game reach some modicum of level playing field between professions.

Maybe you had some great ideas after that. I honestly don’t know, because I stopped reading at that point too.

Well quite frankly, I don’t think you cared to open your mind to my opinion to begin with, if you entired the topic with that kind of judgmental attitude. I may not be that good at making my point, but I did my best to get everything I felt was needed in there.

It would be super cool, if you would stay on topic if you care for it, instead of bashing the way I choose to get my word out.

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Because the crit nerf hits everyone across the board, and some investments (assassins especially, but also celestial gear) are getting hit far harder. So not only warriors are losing damage, the entire group, of any group is going to have to make up the difference. Also to the same point, the nerf is across the board, and nobody else at all is getting any kind of buff to compensate.

As to healing sig… I disagree that it is overpowered, I can’t say I have ever thrown Healing Surge to the wayside in favor of the sig… To the extent that the warrior doesn’t sacrifice dps to get the effect, fair enough…that shouldn’t be too hard to nerf. But the every time I personally encountered conditions on my warrior, that thing typically means guaranteed death (because it is never just 1, especially anymore).
They want people to use it’s active? Fair enough, but they need to also take a good long look at the ranger’s signet skills too because any of those you put on you do not activate for any reason at all (all the effects of sig active only effect your dead pet…oh, sorry your 3 shots and then dead pet), so in spite of the particular effect of regen, having no need, or indeed screwing yourself over for activating the signet is nothing new here at all.

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

When you see My Little Pony-themed weapons as raid loot, that will be the sign. Until then, I don’t think they’re killing it.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I’m focusing mainly on that I agree, but a lot of people are upset about these incomming changes. Despite of that, Anet seems to disregard that entirely. They seem to completely neglect the player base opinions (I know thats an assumption).

If that is the case, the game is not going to grow. If the players are screaming 1 thing, and Anet goes in the exact opposite direction, it’s not going to end well. I guess I didn’t make that point clear.

Also, I focus mainly on those specific things because that is the things that are important to me, and they are on the edge of being nerfed.

Thing is… players are not screaming 1 thing… there are thousands (maybe even millions, we have no way to know) active players screaming thousands of different things.

Just to put an example, you use an outcry about the warrior’s healing signet nerf… yet I do remember a big outcry on forums about warrior’s healing signet being overpowered and asking for a nerf. Note, I won’t say whether it is or isn’t, I don’t play my warrior that much to really know for sure, I’m just talking about what I read on forums since the latest balance patch.

And actually I do remember from a looooooong time in the forums people crying about berserker gear, and even more berserker warriors being OP in PvE compared to other professions and stat combinations.

Whether they feel Anet is destroying the game, or whether they listen or not to the players is up to each person to decide for themselves… but personally I feel that the upcoming nerf to berserker armor and healing signet are a bad example of anet not listening (I’d say it’s the complete oposite, at least it’s how it feels to me).

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

Fanum.6598

Thing is… players are not screaming 1 thing… there are thousands (maybe even millions, we have no way to know) active players screaming thousands of different things.

Just to put an example, you use an outcry about the warrior’s healing signet nerf… yet I do remember a big outcry on forums about warrior’s healing signet being overpowered and asking for a nerf, and actually I do remember from a looooooong time in the forums people crying about berserker gear, and even more berserker warriors being OP in PvE compared to other professions and stat combinations.

Whether they feel Anet is destroying the game, or whether they listen or not to the players is up to each person to decide for themselves… but personally I feel that the upcoming nerf to berserker armor and healing signet are a bad example of anet not listening (I’d say it’s the complete oposite, at least it’s how it feels to me).

Fair enough, it may be a bad example. As I said myself, I may not have given it as much thought as I should have. But this is how it feels for me. Of course I hope I’m wrong. I enjoy playing GuildWars2, and I don’t want it to go in the wrong direction.

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

When you see My Little Pony-themed weapons as raid loot, that will be the sign. Until then, I don’t think they’re killing it.

You mean toy weapon skins, ‘love’ weapons, the dreamer, quip, moot?
The whole thing went from an awesome unique medieval themed lore in GW1 to a kittening fairy game where greatswords had chainsaws on them.
A bow that shoots unicorns? Are you for kittening real?
If I wanted candy land I’d play Diablo 3’s Cow portal.

Posted by: Crumps.4012

Crumps.4012

Is Anet destroying the game? Well, In my humble opinion everyone is missing the point here. These changes to zerker that also affect celestial were said, by the devs, to do with balance for pve…

Now if you think about that it makes no sense. Pve doesn’t need balance because it doesn’t matter…

1 – Everything in pve dies when you hit it a few or more times there’s no challenge it’s all a dps race and no one cares whether or not something dies a few seconds quicker because someone is wearing zerker gear, after all it could be argued there is a risk reward scenario that already balances that. I don’t see anyone moaning that such and such a player plays well enough to wear zerker and it’s not fair boo hoo it just doesn’t register it’s a non issue

2 – no one in their right mind would say celestial needs a nerf it’s crap anyway in the vast majority of builds and professions

So what’s the real reason… Well, the thing is these sets are well defined, one is the best dps and one is the most balanced, supposedly, or at least thought of that way. That makes them popular sets and now we are getting somewhere.

With ascended armor it costs a fortune to make. Most players likely to expend the most gold and therefore $$$ already made their armor sets! A good portion of which would be celestial and zerker. So by making a bogus nonsense balance change it forces those spending players to play more and spend more to rebuild again. This is the only logical reason there can be! So are they destroying the game? Maybe, but not yet as there’s nothing else to play right now. Anet are just milking it dry in the meantime.

Call me a conspiracy theorist if you will but it doesn’t take Sherlock Holmes to work this angle out

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

You mean toy weapon skins, ‘love’ weapons, the dreamer, quip, moot?
The whole thing went from an awesome unique medieval themed lore in GW1 to a kittening fairy game where greatswords had chainsaws on them.
A bow that shoots unicorns? Are you for kittening real?
If I wanted candy land I’d play Diablo 3’s Cow portal.

It’s a bit of an inside joke relating to the death of Dungeons and Dragons Online… this was actually a thing

EDIT: And it wasn’t just event/holiday-themed – permanent addition.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

This.

Regarding the topic title, for me I’d say no, they are not destroying it – I am enjoying some of the new content that gets added, even if the process feels slow on this end.

Fanum.6598

Is Anet destroying the game? Well, In my humble opinion everyone is missing the point here. These changes to zerker that also affect celestial were said, by the devs, to do with balance for pve…

Now if you think about that it makes no sense. Pve doesn’t need balance because it doesn’t matter…

1 – Everything in pve dies when you hit it a few or more times there’s no challenge it’s all a dps race and no one cares whether or not something dies a few seconds quicker because someone is wearing zerker gear, after all it could be argued there is a risk reward scenario that already balances that. I don’t see anyone moaning that such and such a player plays well enough to wear zerker and it’s not fair boo hoo it just doesn’t register it’s a non issue

2 – no one in their right mind would say celestial needs a nerf it’s crap anyway in the vast majority of builds and professions

So what’s the real reason… Well, the thing is these sets are well defined, one is the best dps and one is the most balanced, supposedly, or at least thought of that way. That makes them popular sets and now we are getting somewhere.

With ascended armor it costs a fortune to make. Most players likely to expend the most gold and therefore $$$ already made their armor sets! A good portion of which would be celestial and zerker. So by making a bogus nonsense balance change it forces those spending players to play more and spend more to rebuild again. This is the only logical reason there can be! So are they destroying the game? Maybe, but not yet as there’s nothing else to play right now. Anet are just milking it dry in the meantime.

Call me a conspiracy theorist if you will but it doesn’t take Sherlock Holmes to work this angle out

I’m not sure if that is the case, but I definately see your point. What annoys the most though, is the fact everyone says its a pve balance. If its a pve balance, then make seperate from pvp and wvw..

chemiclord.3978

Well, the problem with your argument is that Premise #1 falls entirely flat. Truth is, there are a LOT of people who care, and make it their duty to inform players “Zerk or go home” followed by the response by players who feel “Zerk or go home” is a positively kitten attitude.

So, it’s not a “non-issue”. It is very much an “issue” for a good number of players.

And with Premise #1 debunked, the rest of your angle is invalid. The change is being made because enough players think it’s enough of a problem they are demanding change. Whether the change will be ENOUGH is another argument entirely, but nonetheless it IS a response to player demand.

You’re welcome.

(edited by chemiclord.3978)

chemiclord.3978

I’m not sure if that is the case, but I definately see your point. What annoys the most though, is the fact everyone says its a pve balance. If its a pve balance, then make seperate from pvp and wvw..

In case you haven’t noticed yet (though I don’t know how you couldn’t), Arena.net considers WvW and PvE to be interconnected, and have steadfastly refused to “detach” them despite no small amount of player complaints. Making them separate is a non-starter as far as Arena.net is concerned. It simply is not going to happen. EVER.

Fanum.6598

In case you haven’t noticed yet (though I don’t know how you couldn’t), Arena.net considers WvW and PvE to be interconnected, and have steadfastly refused to “detach” them despite no small amount of player complaints. Making them separate is a non-starter as far as Arena.net is concerned. It simply is not going to happen. EVER.

I have noticed, and I think it’s a shame. I think they should be seperated and I think a lot of people would agree. But again “never going to happen”. Even if the entire playerbase would want something like that, Anet would disregard it. Thats the base of my concern, that the playerbase has no influence on the way the game will evolve.

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

Warriors are supposed to be zerkers. I have no problem nerfing their healing skills but doing tons of dps is simply why worriors exist. So don’t touch that…

chemiclord.3978

And ya know what… I’m perfectly fine with that.

It’s their game. They extend feedback to me and other players as a courtesy. The player base is NOT entitled to influence. Our power is not supporting something we don’t like.

Nike.2631

It would be super cool, if you would stay on topic if you care for it, instead of bashing the way I choose to get my word out.

Honestly, I’m not – I’m trying to help you avoid a pitfall that is preventing you from getting your thoughts out. I came in open-minded and stopped reading only when I hit something that strikes me as nonsensical. If I’d written you off completely, we wouldn’t be having this conversation .

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Warrs need a speed nerf. They’re the strongest, and most mobile class in the game. People with heavy armor should move the slowest. So be lucky they’re only touching your signet.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Fanum.6598

And ya know what… I’m perfectly fine with that.

It’s their game. They extend feedback to me and other players as a courtesy. The player base is NOT entitled to influence. Our power is not supporting something we don’t like.

Well yeah, I guess you could put it like that. But still, we are the players, and some costumers. If they neglect what we want, it’s not going to have a positive impact on the player base. They would lose players and by the end of it, destroy the game. I mean of course we shouldnt get to decide everything but I think it would be in everyones best interest, if Anet would listen to the majority, if they disagree with Anets decision, and maybe consider that it was a mistake.

Also, I dont feel intitled, but I enjoy the game. So it’s only natural that I react when I think something is wrong.

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

Let’s see…

(1) Reduce Warrior damage by 99%
(2) Reduce Warrior boon duration by 99%
(3) Reduce Warrior health by 99%
(4) Replace all Warrior utility skills with the Cower emote.
(5) Replace the Warrior’s voice regardless of race with that of a crying baby.

And now let’s start talking about how we’re going to nerf Warriors.

Posted by: Crumps.4012

Crumps.4012

Chemiclord, So because you aren’t good enough to do dungeons in zerker gear you think your within your rights to grumble about others that don’t want to play with you… Ok, fine, you know we are all winners it’s the taking part that counts!

Actually I jest, I was aware of this issue and that attitude of some players does stink but to say that justifies a change like this is just wrong. Most players by far are perfectly able to play zerker and this must surely be a true minority grumbling here.

Your welcome too.

Fanom, you are correct it is the wvw that this affects by far the most which is a shame as it is a more challenging area of the game. If anything that and pvp is what the game should be balanced for and pve the lesser concern but I guess we all have our own preference there.

(edited by Crumps.4012)

Posted by: BirdSong.2541

BirdSong.2541

yes Im exaggerating to get my point out, and yes I havent given it all as much thought as I probably should have.

Everyone read this.
Now wait for thread to be moved to trashcan.

In the future please dont post until you’ve read the OP denouncing his own post in the OP.

Commander Rob
ZoS Guild
Northern Shiverpeaks Nightcrew

(edited by BirdSong.2541)

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

When you see My Little Pony-themed weapons as raid loot, that will be the sign.

Indeed. That will be the sign that I’ll start raiding — if ArenaNet also offers armor sets that make players look like cute pastel-colored ponies with brushable manes.

Rainbow Dashâ„¢ Multichromatic Pegasus Armor Of Hyperspeed for the win, baby!

Attachments:

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Taken in a vacuum, the 10% reduction to top DPS builds (full Ascended, by definition) is removing some or all of the ~10-15% gain those builds enjoyed from getting Ascended in the first place. This is selectively removing the advantage provided by Ascended from one gear/build choice. Now, admittedly, the other stat sets did not gain nearly as much, so maybe some reduction is in order.

In most of the games I’ve seen, critical chance starts hitting diminishing returns at around 50%, and critical damage does so at ~2x base damage. I was shocked by seeing (in GW2) critical chances get to 80% or higher (on some builds, without much effort) and critical damage well in excess of 2.5x base damage. My initial reaction was that these numbers were “too good.”

Even with the Ferocity change, critical chance will still be well over 50%. Critical damage will still approach 2.5×. What we then have to ask is, “Are the disadvantages of going full-on direct damage such that the damage numbers are warranted?” In games where critical chance and percent cap at much lower numbers, glass builds rarely have self-heals, and rarely have much in the way of damage mitigation. This is not true in GW2. I find it hard to say, at least based on PvE, that the damage numbers as they exist today are warranted.

chemiclord.3978

Chemiclord, So because you aren’t good enough to do dungeons in zerker gear you think your within your rights to grumble about others that don’t want to play with you… Ok, fine, you know we are all winners it’s the taking part that counts!

Actually I jest, I was aware of this issue and that attitude of some players does stink but to say that justifies a change like this is just wrong. Most players by far are perfectly able to play zerker and this must surely be a true minority grumbling here.

Your welcome too.

For what it matters (which is next to nothing), I DO use full “zerk” gear. If a different “best gear” emerges, I’ll likely switch to that. Oh well. That’s how MMOs tend to work.

Is the change justified? That’s an entirely different argument. But the point is that the change IS being made due to player demand, not some conspiracy by Arena.net to bleed players dry while they can because they know they have a failing game that will die the moment [insert next golden-boy MMO title here] comes out.

And I also think you are grossly overestimating the overall skill level of this player base.

(edited by chemiclord.3978)

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

When you see My Little Pony-themed weapons as raid loot, that will be the sign.

Indeed. That will be the sign that I’ll start raiding — if ArenaNet also offers armor sets that make players look like cute pastel-colored ponies with brushable manes.

Rainbow Dashâ„¢ Multichromatic Pegasus Armor Of Hyperspeed for the win, baby!

I’d pay thousands of Gems for MLP weapons, mini pets, and even mounts.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Is Anet destroying the game??
No

Some of the things you mentioned are controversial. Take the bezerker change.
All they did is announce a very minor change for zerkers. 10% less critical damage. ok, lets do some math.
Critical hits allready do a 150% damage increase (compared to non critical). + 50 critical damage results now in 200% damage increase instead of 150%. After the change it will be lowered by 10%. so that means that it will result in 195% damage increase (if you hit critical) instead of 150%.
If you are bad at maths, believe, me people might only see the 10%, but it is 10% off the extra critical damage. the change still exist.

A good way to explain Zerker gear is as follows:
Zerker gear makes you hit foes harder. It aslo increases the change to hit even harder. If you do hit harder, zerker will make you hit even harder then harder.

The only change announced is that the last part is made smaller by a staggering amount of10%!

So you still hit harder, you still have a higher change to hit even harder, and if you hit even harder you still are hitting harder, just not as hard as you used to be.

So, in the end, your precious warrior is only nerfed a lil bit.
At the moment warrior is the easiest class around. If, as you said you have trouble playing any aspect of the game, sucessfully with the current meta, you should look at yourself and challenge yourself to become a better player.

the announced nerf is ultra small, but if you are struggling at the moment you need to question yourself and not the nerf imo.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Escadin.9482

Escadin.9482

For what it matters (which is next to nothing), I DO use full “zerk” gear. If a different “best gear” emerges, I’ll likely switch to that. Oh well. That’s how MMOs tend to work.

Is the change justified? That’s an entirely different argument. But the point is that the change IS being made due to player demand, not some conspiracy by Arena.net to bleed players dry while they can because they know they have a failing game that will die the moment [insert next golden-boy MMO title here] comes out.

I can’t recall hearing pre-teen mothers screaming assasin and valk sets are so gamebreaking! Nerf them please, they’re much worse than berserker gear! Think of the children! This is nothing the community has asked for. It’s failing feedback translation if anything feedback related at all. The implementation of ferocity will only enforce zerker meta.

I wouldn’t call the game itself a fail though(not saying you did either). Anyone halfway into MMORPGS will place this game among the best games of that genre he / she has ever played. It’s so easy to reach 400h played in this game, while standard for generic triple A games seems to be 30-50. Imho the reason why this game won’t survive the (“promised”) next step of MMORPGs is because this step was teased in their feature list, yet did only happen as bundle of compromises. One of these compromises was being able to play (effectively) the way you want, which turned out to be condi bunker and zerker dualism, with only a few builds and utility sets supporting these niches per class – which is what kills the game for me personally,

(edited by Escadin.9482)

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Speculation mixed with assumptions, some exaggeration, a bit of hyperbole, a dash of emotion and a sprinkle of over-reaction; all the ingredients for a tasty QQ casserole. 10% crit damage and a bit less healing on a signet is gonna tank the entire game huh? Don’t forget they are fixing/buffing a bunch of runes/sigils AND adding a second sigil slot to two-handed weapons. So let’s be objective and see how it all works out before we scream ‘the sky is falling’ mkay…

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

What if OP or someone else invested tons of time and money to get a berserker’s set of ascended gear? And now it’s nerfed. Fair?

It’s not like he can come up with another set of gear in a day or two.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

What if OP or someone else invested tons of time and money to get a berserker’s set of ascended gear? And now it’s nerfed. Fair?

It’s not like he can come up with another set of gear in a day or two.

Berzerker gear isn’t getting ‘nerfed’ more than any other gear that uses crit damg and, in fact, will be better off than say assassin’s or celestial. Zerkers wear the gear b/c it has the highest DPs general speaking, so, with the other DPs sets getting the Nerf bat as well, I’d be really interested to know what other gear it is you believe he would be interested in switching too. Oh wait, that’s right…zerker will still be the highest DPs set making this argument completely rediculous. In fact, this will only push MORE people toward zerker gear tbh.

Nike.2631

Serious as a heart attack: What set would you change to?

Post-Ferocity Berserker will be as Best-in-Slot for Power-based Damage builds as it is now.

The essential difference is the gap between Berserker damage and all other gear types that don’t have Ferocity will be smaller. Assassin gets punished a little worse and Valkyrie and Celestial also take a hit. But you use Assassin gear for crit-proc builds which lessens the sting of the Ferocity change, Celestial for hybrid builds which are still going to have to fall back on Celestial (or maybe Zealot/Keeper now that we have the option), and I have no idea why you’d use Valkyrie on anything outside of a little stat-rounding

Edit: Totally ninja-d by Tman

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

the moment they nerf warriors again im not playing or suporting this game ,also 1 on 1 war is one of the worst class ever it can nEVEr klill thief necro or mesmer no mather what u do in wvsw im talking about same skill my secound main class i mesmer so i know what im seying here also condi dmg is EPIC strong in wvsw u need to poke to do dmg not to dedicate your self to any fight and they are range whic makes melee clases such as war whit epic low utility to do something and they are kited to death

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Sometimes I wonder.
#Wildstar2014

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Nike.2631

Sometimes I wonder.
#Wildstar2014

As much as I love Ratchet and Clank, the whole low-poly, plays-on-a-dinosaur-machine motif does nothing for me.

If losing a couple percent of damage off the apex predator of gear, and a couple percent of sustain off of THE most all-around competitive profession in the game sends you screaming out the door… There’s maybe nothing the Devs should do to try and keep you as a player.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

You lost me at warrior… the game is being destroyed specifically because they keep warrior so OP that it is laughable.

Posted by: Treise.6958

Treise.6958

Why do I keep hearing about Condition damage being crappy in PvE? I have Condition builds on like 4 of my 6 characters and they all do quite wonderfully in PvE…seems most people who say Condition damage is crappy must be doing it wrong~

Posted by: Gsjlink.4673

Gsjlink.4673

Sometimes I wonder.
#Wildstar2014

Not sure if it’s still the case, but one of the videos for Wildstar shows a boss with a buff that is pretty much equivalent to Defiant. I’d try to stop them, but you know, cc.

chemiclord.3978

Why do I keep hearing about Condition damage being crappy in PvE? I have Condition builds on like 4 of my 6 characters and they all do quite wonderfully in PvE…seems most people who say Condition damage is crappy must be doing it wrong~

Conditions in PvE, in a vacuum, ISN’T crappy. In fact, completely on its own merits, it’s quite remarkably powerful; especially as condition damage ignores most defenses and enemy mobs have no consistent cleansing mechanics.

The problem is that most PvE isn’t done in a vacuum. Once you hit the condition cap on any given mob, your personal damage rate drops like a rock. Any more than 2 condition build players in any given fight and they quickly lose more than half of their effectiveness.

I hope you can now see why it’s considered sub-par in most open world encounters.