Is Ascended gear better than Exotic gear for WvWvW?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

Its mostly the people that are completely against this patch that are saying this, lol. If you are neutral (like me) about the patch or favor it, you seem to know that overall, its not that big of a % increase.

So, how much of an increase is ok before we are allowed to complain? 5%? 10%? 43,2%? And who decides on that? I guess that’s up to everyone individually. There was a stats cap on exotics, even legendaries weren’t better. Now this is raised, which naturally annoys people that already invested much of their time to get exoctics. Imo, considering what ANet previously said, even an overall increase of 0,1% is too much.

Except exotics are really not that hard to get….I have a full time job and usually stay over time and I generally take a after work snooze (I work early AM) and I have had no difficulty getting exotics. I haven’t even bought the mats off the TP. I have a full set of exotic armor, 5 exotic weapons and I have the mats to make a full set of exotic jewelry. Minimal time investment. Ascended gear will take me longer to get because I don’t have an active guild to run dungeons with.

Then again though, I farm alot when I’m on, because once you hit level cap in any MMO, there really isn’t much else to do aside from PvP, dailys, or dungeons/raids (if applicable for raids). sPvP is pretty fun, just haven’t gotten deeply involved in it. I already do the daily achievements (which helps to get the mats for exotics, since I generally just do events in Orr for dailys) and well, like I said, inactive guild = no dungeon running.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

(edited by Magiofdeath.2745)

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

How clever of them to pretend that WvW isn’t PvP. How clever to dangle the promise that eventually this gear will be available through WvW. Except of course WvW is PvP. As long as this gear is available to dungeon runners and not PvPers who WvW, there will be a major stat disadvantage between the two groups.

Hm? Ascended and infusion rewards will be available in both PvE and WvW over time. You even quoted that. If you’re coming from PvP and do WvW, you can get the gear in WvW. Also, ANet always said that WvW is not competitive PvP and that it is not supposed to be completely balanced or fair.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Iruwen.3164

Ah, yeah base stats :o Yes I know the 8% more isn’t from the stats on the Hero page but from adding all values by hand.

In a Berserk gear set, you get around 3100 attack. 300 of those from traits, 900 from base stats, leaving 1900 from gear power and weapon average damage. 8% more of that is 150 more attack which is in the end a 5% increase on raw damage you inflict. Add in the increase in crit chance and crit damage and I stand my ground when I say you can very well expect an ascended berserk player to outdamage an exotic berserk player by between 10% and 20% :p

Exactly. And 8% is only for the secondary attributes since the ring we know is a MF ring, as I already said. For a full ascended set with power as a primary attribute, the difference will be higher, which will also increase the overall (including traits and base stats) difference.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Exactly. And 8% is only for the secondary attributes since the ring we know is a MF ring, as I already said. For a full ascended set with power as a primary attribute, the difference will be higher, which will also increase the overall (including traits and base stats) difference.

No, it’s likely the 8% will also apply to the main stat. It’s just that you start from more so numerically you get a bigger increase but relatively it’ll probably still be 8%

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

yes thats true
but these ppl spreading wrong info that your character will be 8%-46% stronger in ascended gear than exotics

Technically, let’s assume (yes assume, bear with me) that you get 8% more stats on the stuff. Some glass canon thief upgrades his berserker gear to ascended berserker.

8% more power means more damage per it
8% more precision means more hits will crit
and more crit damage means those crits hurt more

Sooo, it’s perfectly possible that 8% more on three stats means in the end that you’ll receive 20% more damage on average from this player

You see, that’s where the problem most people are imagining. 8% more power isn’t going to make you do 8% more damage. I you increase your go from rare to Exotic you will notice a very minor increase in overall effectiveness.

I am wearing Masterwork Knight’s armor because it is cheap. I love the gear with tough/vit/power and you can’t craft that. I can easily make a full set of exotic Knight’s armor but the overall boost in stats does next to nothing in the long run. I can easily compete with people in Exotic gear because the small increase in stats isn’t great enough to make people seem unkillable. In WoW when they upgrade tiers you absolutely have to upgrade to compete because it’s more gear based. Sure, skill helps but in the end the state increase on gear per tier is huge. The same is not true for Guild Wars. It’s a very small increase that amounts to a grand total of 1-2% increase in overall effectiveness. That is not worth complaining about.

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

I am going to assume they really don’t care one bit about Wv3 (which was a major selling point for me btw) and will let it devolve into which side has the best gear on a whole. Just like that other game and all it’s clones. What eva….

Adapt, grind, or go away I guess.

I choose option 3. Today is my last day. I’m giving my gold to the guild and wishing them luck. I’ll be back if they change their minds with this foolishness.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

stof.9341

You see, that’s where the problem most people are imagining. 8% more power isn’t going to make you do 8% more damage. I you increase your go from rare to Exotic you will notice a very minor increase in overall effectiveness.

I said that 8% more power from gear, along with a theorical 8% more damage range on weapon would give you in total, counting a fully traited power stat and base stats an attack increase of 5%

The attack I mean is the stat shown in your Hero panel. The damage you do is directly proportional to that stat. If you get 5% more attack, you are doing 5% more damage on all your attacks plain and simple (not counting crits obviously)

Artorous.8573

Ah, yeah base stats :o Yes I know the 8% more isn’t from the stats on the Hero page but from adding all values by hand.

In a Berserk gear set, you get around 3100 attack. 300 of those from traits, 900 from base stats, leaving 1900 from gear power and weapon average damage. 8% more of that is 150 more attack which is in the end a 5% increase on raw damage you inflict. Add in the increase in crit chance and crit damage and I stand my ground when I say you can very well expect an ascended berserk player to outdamage an exotic berserk player by between 10% and 20% :p

If you want to know what the overall increase in stats are for all the stat combos then go compare Rare to Exotics. The increase is a much smaller percent for Exotic to Ascended as you can already compare Traveler’s gear for the three tiers. It’s roughly a 10-15% increase from rare to exotic, depending on if you want to upgrade the upgrade slot to Exotic or not. Then exotic to ascended is an 8%. It will be the same, roughly, for all stat combos.

Iruwen.3164

No, it’s likely the 8% will also apply to the main stat. It’s just that you start from more so numerically you get a bigger increase but relatively it’ll probably still be 8%

You’re right, from rare to exotic it’s just about 1% difference for the main stat. I didn’t consider that the percentage values for crit, MF and so on are counted differently.

Artorous.8573

I said that 8% more power from gear, along with a theorical 8% more damage range on weapon would give you in total, counting a fully traited power stat and base stats an attack increase of 5%

The attack I mean is the stat shown in your Hero panel. The damage you do is directly proportional to that stat. If you get 5% more attack, you are doing 5% more damage on all your attacks plain and simple (not counting crits obviously)

And that’s only after fully upgrading every slot from exotic to ascended. So for every 1000 damage you do in Exotic you now do 1050. Man… That’s way over the top! And I am almost positive the conversion isn’t a direct 1:1 ratio. I’m sure theory craters have already proven that point but if you want to yourself go to the mist and get one of the basic pvp weapons and compare that to the actual weapons. It’s not going to be what you think it is.

stof.9341

And that’s only after fully upgrading every slot from exotic to ascended. So for every 1000 damage you do in Exotic you now do 1050. Man… That’s way over the top! And I am almost positive the conversion isn’t a direct 1:1 ratio. I’m sure theory craters have already proven that point but if you want to yourself go to the mist and get one of the basic pvp weapons and compare that to the actual weapons. It’s not going to be what you think it is.

5% more attack. But don’t forget those items have 3 stats. Berserker gear has Power/Precision and Crit Damage. 5% more attack, 5 more crit chance and like, 20 more crit damage%. All that together and you end up with quite more than 5% DPS increase wouldn’t you say?

Posted by: Kindeller.3072

Kindeller.3072

@Stof

Please look at what numbers your taking here before posting them. Besides the fact particular builds will vary lets break this down nice and easy.

Ok so the difference between the two things we know already (the rings) is 48 power to 50 power. (For this example we’re ignoring the fact that there’s an infusion slot because at this point it time we have no evidence to suggest its stats so cannot compare the added +15 power)

Now, we have two rings that have 8% increase in stats. Assuming this follows suit a berserker exotic chest piece currently has around 100 power. So we can then assume that an ascended berserker piece will have approximately 108 Power. So the most actual stat increase i will ever get (chest piece has the largest values) Is 8.

So say i run a build with 1500 power including all gear and traits and such, with an upgrade from Exotic to Ascended (full upgrade all 12? slots) i’d still only get +100 power from the difference and thats taking every piece as a chest piece the real value is more than likely 50-75 at best.

Regardless with my current “build” and exotics thats still only a 10% increase in damage… which is less than equipping a bloodlust sigil. Or traiting something that boosts +power. (Guardians have a signet that does +90 power which is definately alot more than this upgrade will give)

Edit: Actually its less than 10%, its 6.6% increase. :p

Please note this is theory crafted and based off the assumption that all stats will go up by 8%… it also uses the largest possible values available. If I’ve made a mistake somewhere in my calculations please do let me know.

(edited by Kindeller.3072)

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

I don’t consider an across the board increase of 8% as trivial. What do others think the cutoff is between significant vs insignificant? 1%, 2%?

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Artorous.8573

I don’t consider an across the board increase of 8% as trivial. What do others think the cutoff is between significant vs insignificant? 1%, 2%?

8% increase in stats doesn’t mean you’re 8% stronger. Stats to Effectiveness is NOT a 1:1 ratio as has been pointed out numerous times. The overall increase is not going to even be on par to Rare to Exotic upgrades and considering you can do everything in the game, including the new dungeon, with Masterwork quality gear, if not Fine, then there isn’t anything to worry about.

The only thing the new equipment is better for is the new dungeon and that is because it has the Agony Resist. The dungeon itself is infinite, increasing in difficulty every 5 to 10 rooms (I forget which). You can easily complete the first level with no need of Agony resist, possibly higher ones than that if you’re in a good group.

The only people that could possibly have any legitimate grounds for complaints would be the WvW community but since people, such as myself, can compete with Full Exotic geared players using nothing but Masterwork, possibly Fine though I never tried, then there’s no real reason to complain there because GW2 isn’t gear based but skill based. Hell, most people don’t even use food buffs but the ones that do don’t ROFLStomp the people that aren’t and those give roughly the same stats as upgrading Exotic to Ascended.

Now, if the gear tiers were like they are in games like WoW where every new tier allows you to completely stomp people in the ground that are wearing anything but that tier as well, then I could see a point, but adding 1-5% overall damage is not worth going crazy about.

stof.9341

Please note this is theory crafted and based off the assumption that all stats will go up by 8%… it also uses the largest possible values available. If I’ve made a mistake somewhere in my calculations please do let me know.

You forgot something : it’s highly likely that the ascended weapons will have more base damage and that the armor more armor too. It’s not only a “power” stat increase you see.

We got a small DPS boost and a small total armor boost in practice.

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

Ascended gear will be available through WvW you dippity doos.

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

stof.9341

Only 1500 token per weapon! Get them while they are hot!

Artorous.8573

You forgot something : it’s highly likely that the ascended weapons will have more base damage and that the armor more armor too. It’s not only a “power” stat increase you see.

We got a small DPS boost and a small total armor boost in practice.

Again, the overall increase is going to be less than what it is going from Rare Quality to Exotic. If you compare the Rare to Exotic to Ascended quality of the items they listed you can then use those findings to increase every other slot. If it’s ~8% for Traveler’s Exotic to Ascended rings then it’s going to be ~8% from Exotic Berserker’s 2h to Ascended Berserker’s 2H.

Overall, with everything fully upgraded, which is going to take quite a while to do as they aren’t releasing everything with 1 patch, you’re going to get a really, really small boost in overall effectiveness.

Columba.9730

When. Why not now?

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

stof.9341

Overall, with everything fully upgraded, which is going to take quite a while to do as they aren’t releasing everything with 1 patch, you’re going to get a really, really small boost in overall effectiveness.

Something you forgot though, Berserker stats have a good synergy between them. When you increase by let’s say, 5% the base damage, 5% crit chance and 5% crit damage, the end result is a lot more than 5% effectiveness. And the crit damage will more likely increase by 20-30 anyway.

Posted by: Shayde.2564

Shayde.2564

“Ascended and infusion rewards will be available in both PvE and WvW over time.”

So it sounds like there might be an artificial gear disparity to keep the new, shiny, entitled target demographic just ahead of the pack. Gotta make sure hardcore raiders can display their kittens in Ironfor…er Lion’s Arch before anyone else. I really hope this is just some huge misunderstanding and Anet hasn’t really abandoned Gw2’s best selling point.

Columba.9730

8% better is still 8% better. No one knows the scaling, so this is all we have to work from. It’s significant.

Iruwen.3164

So say i run a build with 1500 power including all gear and traits and such, with an upgrade from Exotic to Ascended (full upgrade all 12? slots) i’d still only get +100 power from the difference and thats taking every piece as a chest piece the real value is more than likely 50-75 at best.
Regardless with my current “build” and exotics thats still only a 10% increase in damage… which is less than equipping a bloodlust sigil. Or traiting something that boosts +power. (Guardians have a signet that does +90 power which is definately alot more than this upgrade will give)
Edit: Actually its less than 10%, its 6.6% increase. :p

You didn’t consider all stats, equipment doesn’t have only one stat. So not only power will go up by 8%, precision will too. Or vitality, or whatever. So it’ll be about or more then 10%. In the end, in a 1vs1 situation in WvW it will make a difference. In PvP it doesn’t matter, in WvW zergs it doesn’t really matter (except you’re running in a fully equipped team), in PvE it doesn’t really matter.

stof.9341

Well, the cat is out of the bag. Ascended Berserk Ruby ring equivalent :

- +13% power (92 => 104 = +12 power)
- +8% more precision as predicted (63 => 69 = +5 precision)
- Crit Damage goes from 6% to 8%

Total stat boost assuming all ascended items on average give the same bonuses as rings, on 11 items (two weapons, armor, trinkets) :
- 132 power
- 55 precision
- 22 crit damage%

Later, we’ll discuss the effect of stat boosting infusions too.

Source :
http://www.gw2db.com/items/71355-crystalline-band
http://www.gw2db.com/items/58008-ruby-orichalcum-ring
http://www.gw2db.com/items/20923-exquisite-ruby-jewel-s

Posted by: Anishor.6921

Anishor.6921

Hmm though without the ability to equip runes or sigils it’ll be close depending on infusions, jewelry however is no contest.

Posted by: siepher.9408

siepher.9408

here is a ring

http://www.gw2db.com/items/71382-lunaria-circle-of-the-moon-infused

yes they are very much more powerful than the current exotic gear, go look on gw2databse for yourself to see the others

Posted by: BadHealer.3608

BadHealer.3608

And infusion gives you additional stats the more you grinded. So the grinder is always stronger than the normal player. Great designe if you like to spend each day 12 hours grinding to get better. Bad designe if you play the game to have fun.

stof.9341

Hmm though without the ability to equip runes or sigils it’ll be close depending on infusions, jewelry however is no contest.

You’ll probably be able to merge a rune with an infusion in the mystic forge one day :o

Iruwen.3164

http://i50.tinypic.com/fxro5.png
So with each infusion giving +5 on stats other than agony even at fine rarity, the difference will be even bigger.

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

“Ascended and infusion rewards will be available in both PvE and WvW over time.”

So it sounds like there might be an artificial gear disparity to keep the new, shiny, entitled target demographic just ahead of the pack. Gotta make sure hardcore raiders can display their kittens in Ironfor…er Lion’s Arch before anyone else. I really hope this is just some huge misunderstanding and Anet hasn’t really abandoned Gw2’s best selling point.

Yep. Same old same old. This must have been done to attract raid hamsters. I don’t even think it will work. Why bother with GW2 when there are actual raids in WoW?

Then again, I’m waiting for the first GW2 raid. They’ll probably tout it as a guild event but it will be a raid just the same.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

Posted by: Gator.7581

Gator.7581

This whole set really irks me. I left WoW because I could not stand the idea of getting my gear up to par- yet again. Over and over and over – with each new X-Pac – the whole thing would start over again. Sometimes it would only be one or two items, sometimes a few more, and the worst was when the big ones hit, I’d have to completely start over again to be competitive. I really liked the idea that I could just buy my Exotics from the TP and then get into WvW and be as strong (potentially) as anyone else there. No grind, no fuss. That’s over I’m afraid – I’m just irritated. I wouldn’t mind if it was Karma or even Badges – but its not – it’s like their forcing me to go into their horrible dungeons. I don’t even want to start up on that. I hate this games dungeons – and it really doesn’t matter why- I don’t have fun in them, and unless my guild mates really need a 5th – I avoid them like the plague. I simply hate them.

I’m starting to think it’s time to move on from GW2. This – coupled with the lack of significant fixes for WvW – is going to be the reason why. They said they were going to be different – what they meant was that they were going to get to the same place as everyone else – just in a different way. I have high hopes for Elder Scrolls Online – because even it’s bad spots are no better than GW2 – I’ll leave on principle alone. But what does Anet care – they already have my money.

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

This thread was laid to rest a long time ago. Please don’t necro useless threads.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

This thread was laid to rest a long time ago. Please don’t necro useless threads.

but if you dont necro and start a new thread your told “there are plenty of other threads about this topic post in one of those rather than creating another one”

also all threads are equally useless, their only purpose is discussion

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

Posted by: Lukhas.1962

Lukhas.1962

Yes, when I put on my ascended ring, i conquer castles and towers by myself. I do not need zerg or siege.

(edited by Lukhas.1962)

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I for one can fly when i have my ascended gear on mahaha your walls mean nothing to me!!!
Any way skill > gear any day when it comes to WvW not one players skills but the skill of a leader. A well plan that can change as needed with a well know goal will out do any larger group and power of that group. I suggest you read “The Art of War” (you can find a free copy of it as an auto book its over 80 years old so its in the public domain) it will give you an good view point of WvW.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

Did anyone know how Powerful Vampiric Sword upgrade in GW1?
Wanna know how MINOR the stats increase is?
——> 3hp stealing per attack. Yes just THREE.
Minor difference isnt it?
WRONG!
Only those Hardcore GW1 Pvpers know this. Majority would laugh at the stats or have no idea what that 3hp stealing per attack could do in a 1v1 scrim match.
Just a simple explanation: 1 hit 3hp gained plus 3hp lost for the opponent. Sure you gonna hit your opponent once? lol
Now do the math

Alright back to GW2.
At the moment, 8% stats increase for Ascended Gear.
Lets take Rangers as they do consistent damage.
Simple Calculation.
100 damage will be buffed up to 108 damage/per Hit.
1000 damage will be buffed up to 1080 damage/per Hit.
Again, would you hit your opponent just once? Guess not.

Lets say a Ranger hit an opponent 10 times with 1k damage each.
Without 8% stats buff, he will hit 10000 damage.
With 8% stats buff, he will hit 10800 damage.
Noticed the extra 800 damage from just 10 hits?
And to those who play Rangers im sure with Zerker Gear you mostly crits at 2k+/hit with LB and 1k+/hit with SB.

So to those who are saying 8% is nothing, i just lol!
Cause its either they seriously have no idea what they are talking about OR
they are trying to cover up the truth as they had already farmed it.
Gamer always wanna be superior in every ways. Who cares bout fair play right? lol!

(edited by Jabronee.9465)

Posted by: Gator.7581

Gator.7581

If someone posted to it, I guess it isn’t useless or laid to rest. Please don’t post to a thread unless you have something to add to it.

O.o

Posted by: Revolution.6301

Revolution.6301

If you add up the total difference then there would be a difference in someone who has ascended and doesn’t.

To any who say its ‘small’ sure over 1 piece but add ALL the pieces and suddently its not small anymore. And GW2 combat system is a bit deeper then normal but its not deep enough to ignore it.

In Dark Souls if you really get down to the grit of it, if you and your pal had equal stats but your armor was say 50 levels (in upgrades) apart but you were a generally better player you could win. Thats how people are able to beat the first boss you fight (if you choose not to escape) and win. But in GW2 the combat simply isn’t that deep.

Imo if GW2 had the skill customization that Gw1 had then maybe you could further argue the later but thats a ‘what if’ scenario which sadly does not exist.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Yes it was overpowered two months ago and its overpowered now, Ascended are much more powerful than Exotic..

WvW needs to have the same setup as sPvP gears on everyone equal then you can all claim skill.

Posted by: Frank.7452

Frank.7452

So to those who are saying 8% is nothing, i just lol!
Cause its either they seriously have no idea what they are talking about OR
they are trying to cover up the truth as they had already farmed it.
Gamer always wanna be superior in every ways. Who cares bout fair play right? lol!

An 8% increase in a stat doesn’t equal an 8% increase in damage. Your base statistics make up a large amount of your final values, and the damage calculations aren’t direct reflections of your stats.

But for the matter of fair play, the only place that exists is sPvP. Getting jumped by a larger number of players is a larger concern in WvW than a little more damage output.

(edited by Frank.7452)

Posted by: oversoul soldier.1742

oversoul soldier.1742

At the moment yes, ascended items are marginally better than exotic items for WvW, ascended items superiority to exotic items isn’t even debatable unless someone struggles with basic math and numbers.

As of right now only 4 accessory slots can be filled with ascended items, however the number of ascended items able to be equipped on a character will increase to 14 factoring in all accessory slots, armor, and weapons. When this comes into effect there will be a more noticeable gap between ascended items and exotics, and people decked fully in exotic gear will be missing out on atleast 35+ points in certain stats. To give relation to it having full ascended gear then would be like having a full lvl 80 set of exotic gear now and having max exotic gear then would be equivalent to having a full set of lvl 76 exotic gear now. Also the fact that not all stat sets are available as ascended gear is another huge issue as well.

Players who choose to use max exotic gear at that time will be at a disadvantage in comparison to ascended item users. Is it game-breaking probably not, but without question it will have an overall game-play effect in formats like WvW. The real issue though arises in knowing that ascended items do not represent the full evolution of gear sets. There may be a gear rarity introduced into the game at a later date that surpasses the ascended items in stats, what this does is simply widen the gap even further. So really the worry goes beyond ascended items and more into the idea that even more powerful gear will be introduced at a later date.

The solution to all this would be to ban these items from being used in WvW, but a whole new set of complaints would arise from the people who are currently benefiting from the more powerful stat items. The argument that these end game items are useless for end game formats such as WvW will arise. Really it’s a double-edged sword here, and Anet needs to be careful in deciding how restrictive these items may make gameplay

(edited by oversoul soldier.1742)

Posted by: Biohazard.4196

Biohazard.4196

Here are some damage calculations using a greatsword’s average attack value and a Power/Precision/Crit Damage (Berserker) gear set:

Assumptions:
Ascended gear ups Power/Precision stats by 8%.
2% increase per item for crit damage.
Ascended gear is available in the identical “Berserker” format.
+300 Power, +300 Precision, +10% Crit Damage from Traits
Jewelry uses Exquisite Ruby Jewel upgrades.
Armor value of 2600 for base damage calculation.

Calculations for Exotic
Base Power and Precision = 916

Armor Power (Chest, Legs, Helm, Boots, Gloves, Shoulders) = 101+67+45+34+34+34 = 315
Armor Precision = 72+48+32+24+24+24 = 224
Armor Crit Damage = 5+3+2+2+2+2 = 16%

Jewelry Power (Ring, Ring, Ear, Ear, Amulet, Back) = 92+92+81+81+115+43 = 503
Jewelry Precision = 63+63+55+55+79+28 = 343
Jewelry Crit Damage = 6+6+6+6+8+4 = 36%

Greatsword Power = 179
Greatsword Precision = 128
Greatsword Crit Damage = 9
Greatsword Average Attack = 1048

Final Exotic Stats = 2214 Power, 1911 Precision (51% Crit Rate), 71 Crit Damage (221% of normal on crit)

Base Damage = (Power)(Attack)/Armor = 892

Average Damage = (.49)(892)+(.51)(2.21)(892) = 1442

Available Ascended Calculations (2 Rings, Amulet, Back)
Power Increase = (92+92+115+43)(.08) = 27
Precision Increase = (63+63+79+28)(.08) = 19
Crit Damage Increase = (2+2+2+2) = 8%

New Power = 2241
New Precision = 1930 (52% Crit Rate)
New Crit Damage = 79% (229% of normal damage on crit)

New Base Damage = 903

Average Damage w/ available ascended gear = 1509

1509/1442 = 4.6% increase in damage.

Calculations for Full Ascended
This will include all six armor pieces as well as the greatsword. Again, everything (including greatsword attack) is assumed to increase by 8% with Crit Damage increase by 2% per piece.

Full Ascended Power = 2294
Full Ascended Precision = 1967 (54% Crit Rate)
Full Ascended Crit Damage = 97% (247% of normal damage on crit)

Full Ascended Base Damage = 999

Average Damage with Full Ascended Gear = 1792

1792/1442 = 24% increase in damage from Exotic

Conclusions
Right now, the damage increase from a theoretical ascended berserker’s upgrade (2 rings, amulet, and back) is not terribly noticeable at 4.6%, I’d say. However, in the future with a full theoretical ascended berserker’s set, the increase becomes much more noticeable at about 24%. That might be a cause for concern. But who’s really to say? There are quite a few important and questionable assumptions made in these numbers.

Notes
These numbers are clearly far from concrete, as no exact ascended berserker set exists. Numbers should be very close but may be slightly off. Please double check the math if you’d like. Any equations not explained should be available on the GW2 official wiki.

(edited by Biohazard.4196)

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

There was no such thing as a fair fight in WvW long before Ascended. Why are people assuming everyone is wearing full Exotics. That is not case, never has been, never will be.

With logic that Ascended shouldn’t be allowed in WvW, then no upgraded rarity should be allowed and everyone has to be level 80 and wear whites. Even after all that, there still won’t be fair fights in WvW simply because of how WvW functions, it’s a war. If you want a fair match, PvP was the only option before Ascended and still is.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

In GW2 pvp outcome is 99% skill 1% gear.
Especially because there are diminishing returns (especially on power).
Check your character sheet while in WvW.

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Ascended would be fine if crafting full set would cost about same as exotic set.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Yes and no. Yes if you can get the ascended gear in the stat allocation that you need but it would be better to run the gear that fits your spec rather then Trying to find a way to jam ascended gear in there becuase it’s “better”

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

1. I’m generally annoyed by the fact kittenty PvE gear is required for WvW: e.g. Exotics. It’s annoying as hell to grind mats or grind $ to get gear for WvW. However, I already knew this going in when ANet announced that WvW would use PvE combat (which kittening kitten .

2. Existing Ascended gear already pisses me off because, again, it is usable in WvW and provides a tier of stat increase. Best part is that it requires an even more asinine gated PvE dungeon grind. Why the kitten should I have to do something kitten so I can play the game?

3. I’ll pretty much instantly quit playing GW2 when new Ascended gear is released for the rest of the gear slots. I don’t have tolerance anymore for kitten grinds to meet arbitrary requirements so I can actually play the kitten game.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

My that’s a lot of kittens there. I for one have no problem with ascended gear… in fact I think it is quite fun to bring over a little gear optimization into WvW.

As long as it doesn’t go into extremes, where you HAVE to have the absolute best to have a chance in WvW, it’s ok in my book.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

Posted by: Pustulio.8207

Pustulio.8207

Right now? NO…there isn’t enough of an increase to notice. Anyone that says they can tell, are lying through their lying-pants-on-fire-having teeth. Later on, when they finally roll everything else out, then?…still NO…

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

1. I’m generally annoyed by the fact kittenty PvE gear is required for WvW: e.g. Exotics. It’s annoying as hell to grind mats or grind $ to get gear for WvW. However, I already knew this going in when ANet announced that WvW would use PvE combat (which kittening kitten .

So you’re mad they even let Exotics in WvW? What do you believe should be the top tier? Or maybe you’d rather it have the SPvP setup. Do you realize even with that setup there will still be no fair fights simply because of the nature of WvW. Technically even in SPvP there are no perfectly fair fights due to class and build disparity. The only possible way for a real fair fight in WvW is to give everyone the same exact gear with the same exact class and build and only let groups with equal amounts of people fight each other. There are no perfectly fair fights in this game, get over it.

2. Existing Ascended gear already pisses me off because, again, it is usable in WvW and provides a tier of stat increase. Best part is that it requires an even more asinine gated PvE dungeon grind. Why the kitten should I have to do something kitten so I can play the game?

You can get Ascended rings and amulets from the Laurel vendor, in fact the Laurel vendor is the ONLY (besides Triforge) place to get Ascended amulets. If you want to spend the gold you can get an Ascended backpiece with very minimal time in fractals, many people had backpieces before they were at scale 10. And backpieces have such low stats it really doesn’t matter except for the Agony Resistance.

As more Ascended gear is released there will be various ways to obtain it. Including WvW as stated by Anet. I’m sure some will complain that they need to go into WvW to get a piece gear that is most useful for a particular dungeon.

The main people I feel for are the people that like doing Fractals, but there is no Ascended gear that fits their build. So they must change their build or wear non-optimal equipment just to advance in Fractals. The WvW whining is just so invalid on so many levels.