Is Chilled suppose to effect casting time?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I’ve noticed this a few times in PvP. When I get chilled and activate a skill the casting time is significantly increased.

On wiki:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chilled

It says: “Movement speed decreased by 66%; skill cooldown increased by 66%; stacks duration.”

I notice the movement reduction (haven’t checked skill cds though) but it doesn’t mention casting time. Anyone else notice this, or is it a traited effect?

Posted by: kuben.9826

kuben.9826

Chill doesn’t affect casting time (it shouldn’t at least). It cannot be traited to do so because You can’t change the way condtition works, even with traits.

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

That shouldn’t happen. Either it’s a bug (and you should report it) or something else is happening that you didn’t notice.

A new condition is coming though which will have this effect: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Slow

Edit:

You can’t change the way condtition works, even with traits.

That’s not entirely true.

Posted by: kuben.9826

kuben.9826

That shouldn’t happen. Either it’s a bug (and you should report it) or something else is happening that you didn’t notice.

A new condition is coming though which will have this effect: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Slow

Edit:

You can’t change the way condtition works, even with traits.

That’s not entirely true.

My fault, with one exception to fear.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

One of those things that happen to you all the time, yet you never think about it more closely, lol.

Cant test now, but doesnt chill reduce the speed of all animations and thus increase cast time? It always feel like slowmo when chilled. But maybe I am just imagining it.

Vague Memory.2817

I’ll have to check chilled again to make sure, but the last two times it happened it was from necros I think.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Are you playing an elementalist?

Unfortunately the chilled condition, against all logic, since it is a weapon swap more than an ability, affects the elementalists’ global attunement recharge, delaying you from casting skills that require you to swap attunement.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Cant test now, but doesnt chill reduce the speed of all animations and thus increase cast time?

No, as I said above (and as said on the wiki and in the chilled description) chilled slows movement speed and increases cooldown times, it does not reduce the speed of animations. Again, the new condition called Slow will do that.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Unfortunately the chilled condition, against all logic, since it is a weapon swap more than an ability, affects the elementalists’ global attunement recharge, delaying you from casting skills that require you to swap attunement.

It’s not just a weapon swap, it also triggers a variety of traits. Thus logic doesn’t dictate that it be immune from things that affect cooldown; it could have gone either way.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It’s not just a weapon swap, it also triggers a variety of traits. Thus logic doesn’t dictate that it be immune from things that affect cooldown; it could have gone either way.

There are traits that that trigger on weapon swap too.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

There are traits that that trigger on weapon swap too.

Bingo, and none of those traits that trigger off weapon swap cause your weapon swap to be affected by chill.

Khisanth.2948

Skills that involve movement will have their animation slowed and the movement distance decreased.

Vague Memory.2817

I have to say that the animation do slow down when chilled and maybe that is what is causing longer cast times. Is this intended? Seems very strong for a condition if this is the case (3 effects). No wonder some people are running chill builds.

Khisanth.2948

I have to say that the animation do slow down when chilled and maybe that is what is causing longer cast times. Is this intended? Seems very strong for a condition if this is the case (3 effects). No wonder some people are running chill builds.

I didn’t see any difference when I tested on my ranger.

Things that slow down attacks coexist badly with Confusion…

(edited by Khisanth.2948)