Is CoF Farm an exploit ? *

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

This was originally going to be a reply but decided It would fit best as a discussion.

CoF P1 Farm is one of the best ways to make gold but only Mesmers/Warriors can do it. giving an “unfair” financial advantage over other people/classes looking to make some gold while play their class, so.. the question is:

Should Warrior/Mesmer be allowed to be “richer” than other people ? is this consider an exploit ? should it be nerfed ?

keep in mind:

• We all know any class can do CoF (Just not as fast)
  • One of the points for the “Quickness” nerf was that people were using TW to skip over game content(CoF could have been a direct factor on the quickness nerf )
  • by nerf, i mean. should it get the AC treatment?
  • Which legendary do you see the most?

Please keep the discussion clean and constructive :]!

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Has nothing to do with the two class’s.

COF Path 1 needs to change in a way that makes it not a dps race.

And greatsword is by far the most common legendary. Perhaps because its the only one they actually made look fantastic, and according to Anet the others aren’t really complete. And they stated that they thought it would take people longer. Which begs the question HOW LONG did they think it would take for peeps to get legendaries and when did they plan on finishing the others? And will the other legendaries ever be finished.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Should Warrior/Mesmer be allowed to be “richer” than other people ? is this consider an exploit ? should it be nerfed ?

keep in mind:

• We all know any class can do CoF (Just not as fast)
  • One of the points for the “Quickness” nerf was that people were using TW to skip over game content(CoF could have been a direct factor on the quickness nerf )
  • Which legendary do you see the most?

Please keep the discussion clean and constructive :]!

I don’t think it’s an exploit, but the dungeon path should be brought on par with other paths. Giving it the AC treatment wouldn’t hurt. AC is still easy, but apparently too difficult for the “average” player now, which is how dungeons should be at the least.

As for which Legendary I see the most, that would be Sunrise. I can’t go anywhere in Lion’s Arch without seeing a player standing afk with one of those.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Yeah, not for the sake of nerfing it but for the sake of making it interessting again, adding some different fight mechanics or even small puzzles to reach the chest at the end.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

It has nothing to do with warriors\mesmers. Anyone can have one.

The real question is “Should some people who spend a lot of time in-game be allowed to be richer than others?”. And when you look at it this way, you can see how ridiculous all this anti-cof thing is.

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: Bead.8609

Bead.8609

Some classes are going to better at some things than other classes, just the way it is.

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Also complaining about taking something out because someone that does it all the time and is rich from it is like saying: People that invest all their time and money into stocks shouldn’t be rich for doing so and that they should be brought down to your working wage level because you don’t spend much time working nor do you do work that pays well.

Its not an exploit to run something over and over and over again and make money. Thats like saying players cant go out and farm all day for money.

There is DR in place, but they run it anyways regardless of the DR.

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

Are you really that s…….? If they nerf this 4 zerk + mesmer will just farm another dungeon and you still wouldn’t fit in that, so just make warrior or mesmer or don’t farm that way.

Isslair.4908

The thing is, there are better ways to earn money than cof-grind. It’s just that cof-grind is easy and doesn’t require one to do much (aside from leveling+gearing war\mesmer).

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Solution?
Nerf Warriors and Mesmers obviously.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

“Nerf” The Dungeon, not the classes.
Make it harder.

Sovta.4719

The thing is, there are better ways to earn money than cof-grind. It’s just that cof-grind is easy and doesn’t require one to do much (aside from leveling+gearing war\mesmer).

What are better ways?

Posted by: Aeone.1083

Aeone.1083

As far as I’m concerned, 4war/mes isn’t that much faster than a good group with any classes going high damage. Either way, some classes have higher damage than others. I can’t see how classes being different is an exploit.

Aierner – Thief
Arielle Nera – Guardian
Abusing multiple guilds. [Yak] [YARR] [RIP]

Isslair.4908

What are better ways?

Manipulating the TP for a start. Speculating on ectos. Farming arah. Farming CoE. A lot of them.

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

since Warrior became so demanded profession everyone has one now. I play mesmer if i run CoF because I die less there, not because everyone wants one in a party. I have played with four warriors many times and sometimes party was so lame that we barely or not even killed the Legendary boss.

Sovta.4719

What are better ways?

Manipulating the TP for a start. Speculating on ectos. Farming arah. Farming CoE. A lot of them.

Farming arah?
Yea right

Isslair.4908

Farming arah?
Yea right

What’s wrong with that? Or are you a glass cannon unskilled player who can’t do anything outside of cof? Hmm.

EU Aurora Glade

Sovta.4719

Farming arah?
Yea right

What’s wrong with that? Or are you a glass cannon unskilled player who can’t do anything outside of cof? Hmm.

No, i’m DM guardian who is currently leveling 40+ FotM and plays other classes too (DM title got with necro, puging) and who doesn’t care about CoF farming cause legendary is just grind now.

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

sigh. i hope these cry of nerf for cof would die down for a moment..
been weeks and all im seeing in general forum are CoF cries..
be careful for what you wish for….
the impact could bring more harm then good..
digging for loots in the nerfed open worlds with event train could be a more facepalm way of farming than a cof repeated farms!
well….
not everyone is an economic masters that could inflate trading post on a whim..

Isslair.4908

No, i’m DM guardian who is currently leveling 40+ FotM and plays other classes too (DM title got with necro, puging) and who doesn’t care about CoF farming cause legendary is just grind now.

So why do you care ’bout cof farm then?

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

It has nothing to do with warriors\mesmers. Anyone can have one.

The real question is “Should some people who spend a lot of time in-game be allowed to be richer than others?”. And when you look at it this way, you can see how ridiculous all this anti-cof thing is.

you see when it comes to cof the question changes to “are less skilled players allowed to be richer than others?”. Cof is the easiest, shortest dungeon out there, than requires no skill to complete. If people were farming any other dungeon for money I wouldn’t mind, because EVERYTHING is harder than CoF.

Sovta.4719

I don’t care about farm, i’m just saying how d…. and s….. you whiners are, people will just farm something else if they nerf this, 4 war + 1 mes.

Mirta.5029

I don’t care about farm, i’m just saying how d…. and s….. you whiners are, people will just farm something else if they nerf this, 4 war + 1 mes.

and that’s a good thing, because farming absolutely any other dungeon takes more skill and time.

Sovta.4719

and that’s a good thing, because farming absolutely any other dungeon takes more skill and time.

Not really, SE p1 is also super fast with this party but you can’t buy rare with tokens, hotw p1 is also fast, there are others (didn’t do some paths for long time) that are very fast with huge dps and very easy (if not easier then cof).

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

Exploit no but CoF does need to be changed. I am a berserker warrior and have been running CoF for a long while now so for me to say this shows just how strongly I feel about class equality. While I do agree that a mixed group can complete the dungeon in 2-3mins longer than the optimal ‘farming group’ the dungeon itself is too easy, too short and is just asking to be spammed.

One fix would sort this is making certain parts of the dungeon require you to clear the room. Everyone I know skips the boss on the bridge after the Slavedriver so put a wall on the other side and say that players have to acquire a key from the boss on the bridge. Give him knockdown skills that visibly charge up designed to knock you off the bridge if youre too slow.

Next the acolyte room. Between spawns you should be required to kill all mobs before the next spawn. The gate controller room could have mobs that cause a knockdown if standing next to them knocking you out of the circle and finally the flamethrower guy before the final boss would agro all the way to the boss (it already does this occasionally) so youd be required to kill or tank.

All of this is simple stuff, would require little changes to the dungeon but would take completion time up to 15mins+ making it viable to run, but not viable to farm compared to other dungeons.

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

Mirta.5029

Not really, SE p1 is also super fast with this party but you can’t buy rare with tokens, hotw p1 is also fast, there are others (didn’t do some paths for long time) that are very fast with huge dps and very easy (if not easier then cof).

well then those need to be upped in difficulty too.

Posted by: veasna.3675

veasna.3675

I do quick CoF runs now and then to make some money. For a good run to be worth your time, you need skillful dodge and mastery of your utility skills to keep your party alive especially if you’re a mesmer. If you dont know what you’re doing, your farming party will pretty much fail to be a farming party due to lack of speed and sometimes success.

However, making all dungeons rewarding and not just challenging is something I can behind with.

And this is a community. Some people enjoy farming! Some people like to see their gold going up in their bank! Some people like achievements and ranking! Some people like those who complain about CoF farming can go do PvE or WvW because honestly, Anet has made this game such a friendly game that you don’t need alot of gold in order to be on equal putting in terms of getting gears.

Gold in this game for the most parts only get you cosmetic stuff. At the end of the day, the more time you put into the game, the more money you will make. Then, should we have Anet banning people from logging more than 5 hours day so people don’t make more money?

Play. Have fun. Catch up on some tv shows. Get on a treadmill every once in a while.

Sovta.4719

well then those need to be upped in difficulty too.

I agree, but then people will shout NERF NERF NERF like always, this is not casual friendly game but noob friendly.

Posted by: Knobby.4078

Knobby.4078

How about reducing mob hp by a % for each different class in party, something like 4% per each different class would encourage more diversity in runs without breaking mesmer and warrior classes. Team of necro,engi, thief,mes and warr would need 16% less damage and so other classes may get more of a chance to get in teams.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Not an exploit, needs a change, this is not a debate about people who spend more time get more money but more a this place has become the one and only place to farm and is worth the $

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

If this was like SWG early on, and we only had 1 character slot(minus the addicts with the jedi) It certainly would make a difference. We all have six though, default, and if you have a problem of not getting “rich” I would suggest to you(not you op specifically) use one of said slots to create one of these classes.

You don’t call the electrician when your toilette is clogged!
What kind of reply would this be w/o some kind of analogy!?