Is GW1 still relevant?

Is GW1 still relevant?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eddie G.8731

Eddie G.8731

I am LOVING GW2. I played a bit of GW1 Prophecies, but never really sunk my teeth into any of the expansions. I was wondering if I should give GW1 another try, for the sake of the lore and gameplay, but I’m concerned that maybe no one’s playing it anymore because of 2. Is that the case? Or is this like Everquest where there’s still a strong community in its predecessor?

“If knowledge is power, then to be unknown is to be invincible.”

-Romulan proverb

Is GW1 still relevant?

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

It’s pretty empty, most everyone has moved over to GW2.

Is GW1 still relevant?

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

It’s pretty empty, most everyone has moved over to GW2.

True, but you can enjoy 99% of PvE content (especially if you’re just delving the stories for lore and not digging HM/DG and such things) alone atm, thanks to henchmens and heroes.

PvP, don’t know how’s the activity atm, but iirc there are some diehard guilds still there – i wouldn’t suggest to give PvP a serious try w/o a guild to backup and teach you.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Is GW1 still relevant?

Posted by: Radio Isotope.3045

Radio Isotope.3045

For the sake of the experience and hall of monument swag, Yes! But there is also Wiki for lore related questions, as well as https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lore .

(TLE) The Legendary Eternum, Devona’s Rest
Guild Founder

Is GW1 still relevant?

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I still play and have no problem finding other players to play with. If you buy the expansions you can also get many heroes, and honestly, the heroes usually do a much better job then most players except for a few of the dungeons. If you are interested in the lore, by all means play! It is still one of the best games ever made and far out shines GW2 and it’s other competition.

Is GW1 still relevant?

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

GW is alive and well still. I spend quite a bit of time there. Not just for the nostalgia, but because it’s still quite fun.

Is GW1 still relevant?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’ve logged on to Guild Wars 1 a few times in the last few months. It’s not dead yet. Even in the middle of the week there may be 2 districts in Kamadan and pre searing Ascalon. The little outposts are vacant but there are still a number of people playing.

Is GW1 still relevant?

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

There`s still plenty of folk playing.
I`m still playing it lots & whilst flipping between zones, see plenty in Kama, La & even seen some in distant outposts.
Story wise, Guild Wars has a brilliant story, so much so it is the only game I`ve still not PvPd in & I usually only PvP.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Is GW1 still relevant?

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

GW1 still has people playing it. You can do everything without even grouping up though, thanks to heroes.

Is GW1 still relevant?

Posted by: Moderator.9604

Moderator.9604

Hello everybody.
As this forum is about Guild Wars 2, we have decided to lock this thread. Thank you for your understanding.