Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TankinJankins.3276

TankinJankins.3276

I bought GW2 on release, grinded to 80, and tried out the endgame. And while the levelling was fun, the game featured no endgame PvE, exotic gear that you have to grind for hours for tiny stat boosts, and a completely broken dungeon system. The PvP itself was so unbalanced as to not be any fun, along with no gear to be earned in structured PvP whatsoever. Have they added ANYTHING worth hitting level 80 in the year and a half?

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

I bought GW2 on release, grinded to 80, and tried out the endgame. And while the levelling was fun, the game featured no endgame PvE, exotic gear that you have to grind for hours for tiny stat boosts, and a completely broken dungeon system. The PvP itself was so unbalanced as to not be any fun, along with no gear to be earned in structured PvP whatsoever. Have they added ANYTHING worth hitting level 80 in the year and a half?

I played GW2 since Beta and I think it’s still hella fun!

Endgame theoretically begins at lvl2 when you start exploring the world and doing contents you enjoy, but technically begins at lvl30 since that’s when you can do everything such as Dungeons & Fractals.

Grinding is the worst way to get into the GW2 experience and the Best way to burn yourself out of it.

This game is even more fun when you play with friends.
If you wish to game with me, feel free to add me in game and on Skype.

My Skype username: DreamyAbaddon

hit me up!

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

No max level end game has been added. I don’t expect it ever will be.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

TankinJankins.3276

I WAS playing with friends at the time. Grinding didn’t burn me out of it, the issue was the horribly unbalanced EVERYTHING. For example, in WoW, I could go do a succession of dungeons into better gear to eventually raid. In GW2 I do the current dungeon 30 times to get a single piece of gear that is a marginally better upgrade from the one I already had. As an elementalist, I was also really kittened off that a thief spamming heartseeker could out-DPS all my combos in PvP. On top of that, there are NO rewards for PvP at all. Level 1s were boosted to 80, there’s no upgrades to strive for, there were no ranks to get, ETC.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

How about we have now ascended gear you have to grind for weeks for tiny stat boosts.

PvE is more or less the same with some more zerg.

PvP is the same old same old.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

From what you said in your post, I think your still not going to like GW2.

PvE is still the same as when you left, with the exception of 2 100+ player very hard boss encounters and new living story content every 2 weeks.

Exotics are not a grind at all ,but if you think they were, your head will explode when you find out about ascended gear…

sPvP is exactly the same as when you left but they are bringing changes soon apparently…

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

TankinJankins.3276

How about we have now ascended gear you have to grind for weeks for tiny stat boosts.

So, the game’s PvE is still nonexistant, and the PvP still unbalanced?

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Kaiyanwan.8521

We have two giant zerg raids in the open world, which probably equals ANets idea of endgame (rolleyes) and bi-weekly updates for what ANet thinks is a story (can’t roll my eyes that fast).

PvP is the same old just with more warrior.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Intuos.3210

Intuos.3210

The problem is right there in front of you. You approached the game like this → “Right what’s the fastest way to get the best of everything and level to 80 with the least effort possible” That will make EVERY game boring. I’ve been playing since launch and it never gets dull or boring but that’s because you have to enjoy the lore and EVERY detail of the beautiful world.

The problem with most players is they only care about beating a game and getting the best stuff as instantly as possible.

Human Ranger – Crystal Desert

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

TankinJankins.3276

The problem is right there in front of you. You approached the game like this -> “Right what’s the fastest way to get the best of everything and level to 80 with the least effort possible” That will make EVERY game boring. I’ve been playing since launch and it never gets dull or boring but that’s because you have to enjoy the lore and EVERY detail of the beautiful world.

The problem with most players is they only care about beating a game and getting the best stuff as instantly as possible.

Maybe if they made levelling slower I’d have a reason to do that.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

We have two giant zerg raids in the open world, which probably equals ANets idea of endgame (rolleyes) and bi-weekly updates for what ANet thinks is a story (can’t roll my eyes that fast).

I think I’d rather tear my toenails out than to be forced to play this game, how do you manage?

By having fun. That’s what some of us do. It’s quite clear, to me anyway, that fun is different for different people. You don’t find this game fun, and I don’t find World of Warcrap fun.

That’s sort of what makes the world go round.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

TankinJankins.3276

I think I’d rather tear my toenails out than to be forced to play this game, how do you manage?

By having fun. That’s what some of us do. It’s quite clear, to me anyway, that fun is different for different people. You don’t find this game fun, and I don’t find World of Warcrap fun.

I don’t find CURRENT wow fun at all, and nobody should.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Nage.1520

But people do. That’s sorta the point. I’ve been playing this game since day 1 beta and STILL find it fun. But it’s obviously not to your taste…totally cool with me. It’s why there are different games. For different tastes.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

killcannon.2576

Wildstar should be bringing back that old BC challenge and feel.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Kaiyanwan.8521

Wildstar? This will only give you back the feel of another MMO that fails.

Global cooldown MMOs with visuals worse than WoW itself? Ain’t nobody got hope for that…

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

killcannon.2576

Wildstar? This will only give you back the feel of another MMO that fails.

Global cooldown MMOs with visuals worse than WoW itself? Ain’t nobody got hope for that…

Guess I’m a nobody then.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Lexx.5780

Lexx.5780

To get into the mix myself, I think there is one: presence of levels. I’d be much better if we could explore the world without the need of having a high enough level (since it’s already easy to get to cap anyway).

You can get exotic gear in a day by buying it, however, that’s not the point of the game. You can do any dungeon with green gear (excluding high level Fractals).

Endgame in Gw2 is, well, getting the right, cool look for your character. And then there’s Fractals, WvW and some world bosses. There is no gear that you absolutely need to progress.

That said, they added 3 maps to PvP (same mechanics), played with balancing a bit (nerfed thieves and elementalists), some world bosses added, but it’s pretty much the same game.

If you want stats and raids this is not the game for you. I play it and enjoy it every day, I roleplay and after a year and a half, I still have things to do.

And to all of you: what’s with the attitude and bashing?

Quis qustodiet custodes?

(edited by Lexx.5780)

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

To answer;

Not really (At least for me). The temporary nature of the mass of the content means that yes, whilst content has been added, the bulk just.. Goes away. There’s the dubiously implemented Ascended gear, which is dubiously implemented no doubt. There’s lots of zerging content in fact there really is hardly any content that isn’t zerging content. Apparently we’re getting a big content patch in March, however what the actual contents are is kinda up in the air. Also there’s a WvW season 2 coming soon, or w/e new name they gave it.

I find I can’t really motivate myself to log in, I guess. But that’s just me.

I ? Karkas.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

TankinJankins.3276

To answer;

Not really (At least for me). The temporary nature of the mass of the content means that yes, whilst content has been added, the bulk just.. Goes away. There’s the dubiously implemented Ascended gear, which is dubiously implemented no doubt. There’s lots of zerging content in fact there really is hardly any content that isn’t zerging content. Apparently we’re getting a big content patch in March, however what the actual contents are is kinda up in the air. Also there’s a WvW season 2 coming soon, or w/e new name they gave it.

I feel like I’ve learned a lot from this thread and I want to thank everyone who gave me an insight into the game. I’ll try to ask again in March, when this big content release is supposed to happen.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

The game has changed a lot. You personally don’t see any changes at all, and you use the forums for finding out what can easily be found out by logging into the game. It is very likely nothing will be added that you want.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

To answer;

I feel like I’ve learned a lot from this thread and I want to thank everyone who gave me an insight into the game. I’ll try to ask again in March, when this big content release is supposed to happen.

There really isn’t a ‘big content’ release in March. It’s a Features release, and it comes sometime after the break that follows the end of Season One Living Story.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Nope. Here’s a few reasons why:

-PvP is the same, literally. There is still only 1 type of mode you can play, which is Conquest.
-No new races, classes, weapon skills, utility skills or elite skills.
-Living story is what it always has been, lackluster content they spew out every few weeks. Quantity over Quality = Living Story.
-Nothing new for Personal Story, I guess the dragons are just chillin’.
-New armor and weapon skins being introduced into the game……obtainable via gemstore.
-Crap loot, though it is kinda better than it was in the early days.
-Scarlet.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

Big patch coming up after the end of this living story chapter. PvP is going to have the rewards revisited (they already added a bit for finishing the daily), which will open the system up for other playstyles then conquest only. If you are looking for big changes, then best wait for a bit longer as Anet said they were going to finish this living story chapter first and then do a big feature patch after.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I think you have a very wrong idea and are too much expecting to have a WoW clone where you fiorst get endlessly grinding to max level and when you reach it the real end-game boringness of grinds start. Here grinds are for skins only, and the goal in the game is not to get you addicted, but to have fun and relax. This means the end game starts at level 1.

The issue is that too many people are soo focussed and brainwashed by those other games they are totally fixated on that number instead of realizing they allready are having fun.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

and the goal in the game is not to get you addicted

Some people are so used to games doing this to them now, they don’t know how to handle a game that doesn’t.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

0/10 to the OP, complaining on how the game is exactly like how it was marketed.

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

TankinJankins.3276

Nope. Here’s a few reasons why:
-Nothing new for Personal Story, I guess the dragons are just chillin’.

So it’s Game of Thrones MMO now?

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

TankinJankins.3276

0/10 to the OP, complaining on how the game is exactly like how it was marketed.

They marketed as fun, experience shows quite a different story. Especially since I have a bunch of people confirming this.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

They marketed as fun, experience shows quite a different story. Especially since I have a bunch of people confirming this.

You have a bunch of people who don’t play the game confirming to someone that does not play the game that they don’t play the game.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

OP why don’t you just check it out?
The game has changed quite a bit

Then again you might be missing a large chunk of the game if you are looking for end game traditional MMO style, because nothing magically happens when you hit 80 here.
The game just opens up for you more

Fun is a very subjective thing- I have been having fun here since the BWE’s.
For me more traditional MMO’s are like pulling my teeth out while being on fire.

You just have to see for yourself- no one can decide for you if it is fun

Gunnar’s Hold

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Fun since Guild Wars Prophecies.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I pretty much doubt you honestly are looking for any answers to your question here, seems more like you want to vent your dislike of the game – which is fine and dandy, but your approach is neither as new nor as original as you imagine it to be.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

I really have to wonder what people want with ‘endgame pve’-because in all the games I’ve played what that boils down to is ‘…gear that you have to grind for hours’. If that’s the case then you’ll just love asc items, so there’s that. Imo you’ll never find a mmorpg with a pvp that’s anywhere near balanced-they aren’t a competitive genre you see; pvp is just some add-on that people take waaaaaay too seriously. For balanced pvp you’d better go with genres that’re wholly devoted to giving every player an equal footing-not percentages and luck that you happened to pack the right moves. Genres like fps, fighting games, strategy games…yeah those are where you get good pvp from.

If you’re actually willing to play a mmoRPG and not loot collecter 2014, then LS is actually entertaining now (I know right). LA’s been destroyed, and although mechanically it feels very similar to the Jubilee, here we have proper context and that makes all the difference in the wold. For the first time since I’ve played the game I feel like it has begun to realize the RPG in the genre and also realize it is NOT a single player game-and that’s awesome.

Long story short, if you want a mmorpg then GW2 is finally starting to deliver an intriguing storyline and consequently, world, that you can enjoy. If you want loot collecter 2014 then you bought the wrong game a year ago and it’s still the wrong game now……ish.

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

right, no one should find the current wow fun at all… which is why they still got millions in subs… yea it’s not doing as well as it used to be… but you are in absolute denial if you really believe Gw2 or any other MMORPG comes even close to WoW numbers… that game has actual legit endgame…. Gw2 is a casual players fantasy playland..

Hopefully these new MMOs coming out can say a thing or 2 about the current situation…

I have never even played WoW but numbers don’t lie. Gw2 doesn’t even touch the number of current players in WoW and i doubt it ever will unless NCsoft gives anet the backing to make this game into its full potential

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

It’s funny because I have to grind less in WoW then I do here and after 6 years with that game I still have more to do than I ever did here.

If you ask people why you should play GW2, most will say that “it’s pretty” or “no sub”. Not very compelling.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

I Played WoW for years as well. Played a class to level 80, forget the name of the class. Had that Butt slapping succubus pet… quick someone help me.

Anyway. I digress. I got bored, I Played BC… and i just found it to be a chore to play. The sad fact is, the main reason I played was… I had friends i liked hanging out with that also played WoW, and refused to play anything else.

When Gw2 came out, I knew i would like it. I had been anticipating it. I told My friends, and they were ’ well, have fun, we’ll see you when you come back…"

There were many things about WoW that I grew to dislike. There were many reasons I was considering just uninstalling it off My computer.

I think the thing that finally became the straw that broke the camel’s back for me was the Player base arrogance that came about because of the number of players.." See ya when ( not if… never if) you come back "…. I said my goodbyes, and have never been back since.

The Mysoginy is another big issue for me…" oh you’re a woman… kitten…. go make me a sammitch, and then bl** me."

I think that to pay a Monthly to be treated thusly was just adding insult to injury.

What keeps me Playing gw2 is, the more mature player base, the less rampant Misoginy and homophobia, and the more helpful… less arrogant playerbase.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Nage.1520

It’s funny because I have to grind less in WoW then I do here and after 6 years with that game I still have more to do than I ever did here.

If you ask people why you should play GW2, most will say that “it’s pretty” or “no sub”. Not very compelling.

Oh you “have to” grind here? How so?

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Dark Catalyst.1028

I Played WoW for years as well. Played a class to level 80, forget the name of the class. Had that Butt slapping succubus pet… quick someone help me.

Anyway. I digress. I got bored, I Played BC… and i just found it to be a chore to play. The sad fact is, the main reason I played was… I had friends i liked hanging out with that also played WoW, and refused to play anything else.

When Gw2 came out, I knew i would like it. I had been anticipating it. I told My friends, and they were ’ well, have fun, we’ll see you when you come back…"

There were many things about WoW that I grew to dislike. There were many reasons I was considering just uninstalling it off My computer.

I think the thing that finally became the straw that broke the camel’s back for me was the Player base arrogance that came about because of the number of players.." See ya when ( not if… never if) you come back "…. I said my goodbyes, and have never been back since.

The Mysoginy is another big issue for me…" oh you’re a woman… kitten…. go make me a sammitch, and then bl** me."

I think that to pay a Monthly to be treated thusly was just adding insult to injury.

What keeps me Playing gw2 is, the more mature player base, the less rampant Misoginy and homophobia, and the more helpful… less arrogant playerbase.

A warlock. And if you were 80, that would place you at WoTLK which came out over 4 years ago. You’d find that a lot had changed and in some ways holds closer to the manifesto than this game does.

As for the community, you’ll find that in every game. Try interrupting someone’s champ train or dungeon and you’ll see what I mean.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Dark Catalyst.1028

Oh you “have to” grind here? How so?

If you don’t want to be at a personal disadvantage in WvW then yeah, you have to grind. But I know that the GW2 playerbase have convinced themselves that statistical advantages “don’t matter”.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

A warlock. And if you were 80, that would place you at WoTLK which came out over 4 years ago. You’d find that a lot had changed and in some ways holds closer to the manifesto than this game does.

As for the community, you’ll find that in every game. Try interrupting someone’s champ train or dungeon and you’ll see what I mean.

Thanks On the Warlock thing. And No,…that would Not place me at WoTLK, I did play Burning Crusade. When I said 80, I meant " level cap" whether it’s 85, or 90 is irrelevant. I Played to cap..I got Bored. I also find that while Misoginy and Homophobia is present in every MMO. it is not present to the extent it is in WoW.

WoW had players that would say the most hateful things on chat. Directed at women, at gays, at people of color ( me being a lesbian latina… you can see How MY experience of WoW differs from yours? ) and thefact is… In general… the Player base on Gw2, does more to shout down the hate speech, than ever was done on WoW.

With the new “Pandas & Pokemon” expansion you can see that Blizzard is appealing to more and more immature players, younger players… someone else’s " let me Put My child in front of the Internet babysitting machine, and Not Monitor them" kids.

I said it before, just because the game has huge numbers doesn’t make it better. That’s like saying that a happy meal is better than A Surf-and-turf meal at a local steak restaurant. And at least for me…. the community, and how the developers police it, is a major ingredient as to what I play. WoW I Lost Interest in ages ago. The gameplay? dated, but still might be considered good. But the player base?? if you think the WoW player base is the same as that in other MMO’s. you are either in denial… or… well your head is…. in sand.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

(edited by Nerelith.7360)

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I think you have a very wrong idea and are too much expecting to have a WoW clone where you fiorst get endlessly grinding to max level and when you reach it the real end-game boringness of grinds start. Here grinds are for skins only, and the goal in the game is not to get you addicted, but to have fun and relax. This means the end game starts at level 1.

The issue is that too many people are soo focussed and brainwashed by those other games they are totally fixated on that number instead of realizing they allready are having fun.

And the good thing for farming for skins here is, that you mostly only need money, and it doesn’t matter what content you play, you will always make some progress towards your next goal.

In a Raid Game you can play 24/7 but as long as you don’t actually raid you will never make progress to get the next better stuff.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

Personal Achievements: I’m not sure how literate you are but have you ever read these? Kill 5000 of this , do 5000 of that etc etc. VERY grindy.

Actually it is Kill 1000/1000, has been for quite a while. Shows how out of date and irrelevant your information and opinions are.

LS: Now this is the biggest kicker of all – all this boils down to is following a large zerg and grinding either kills or materials to complete the meta. Look at the LA event if you need a prime example of this.

If you are zerging around Lion’s Arch, you’re doing it wrong, get out of my LA and go sit on a overfailure.

I think they underestimate the next balance patch/large update as for many that is the last chance to see some improvements or moves in the right direction.

This tiresome rhetoric is getting old, is 4chan getting slow or something this time of day?

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

I’m thinking of maybe coming back too. The two things that I didn’t enjoy were:

1. Diminishing returns of farming items
2. Dungeons were hard and not rewarding

Are these still the case? Has anything been done about them?

BTW: I logged into a character for the first time in ages lately, and had tons of in game mail. Got tons of PvP items and stuff. As I don’t PvP, what should I do with it?

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

killcannon.2576

I’m thinking of maybe coming back too. The two things that I didn’t enjoy were:

1. Diminishing returns of farming items
2. Dungeons were hard and not rewarding

Are these still the case? Has anything been done about them?

BTW: I logged into a character for the first time in ages lately, and had tons of in game mail. Got tons of PvP items and stuff. As I don’t PvP, what should I do with it?

DR is still around, but “farming” has changed. Players now farm Champion Spawns usually in either Queensdale or Frostgorge.

Dungeons are more rewarding now, but generally just for gold, not in the “Go to this dungeon to get these certain items”. Most people now know the mechanics of dungeons and corner stack to exploit the mechanical weaknesses of the game to trivialize the content.

Click on deposit to deposit pvp rewards in a pvp rewards locker located in the SpvP lobby.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: bobomb.5209

bobomb.5209

Well after all the posts I just stopped reading since I don’t really care for WoW. But I do care for Guild Wars 2 so I think I’ll just give my two cents in case anyone cares.

Now I am slightly familiar with WoW. I played it myself for a bit (got to level 30 rogue before the max level went to 90) and my brothers still play it as well.

I can’t seem to STOP playing Guild Wars 2, even if I get bored I will just come up with something else to shake things up a bit. When I was leveling my first character I was engrossed in the different lands you could explore, and though the lore still baffles me some times, I enjoy talking to random NPC’s and listening to their dialogue so that I might understand the game the devs created.

I never found Guild Wars 2 to be a grind, and that’s what brought me in initially. The combat was fun and it brought with it new mechanics that I had not tinkered with before. Despite some of this games failings it IS innovative, and it will only get better. The gear, though not nice looking in the beginning, became really aesthetically pleasing and wasn’t even really required! I don’t have to look like a bad kitten in order to kill things quicker, that’s just a bonus.

Really there are a lot of things that I love about this game and I could list them. But it seems to me as though this just isn’t your type of game and that’s a shame.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

The problem is right there in front of you. You approached the game like this -> “Right what’s the fastest way to get the best of everything and level to 80 with the least effort possible” That will make EVERY game boring. I’ve been playing since launch and it never gets dull or boring but that’s because you have to enjoy the lore and EVERY detail of the beautiful world.

Maybe if they made levelling slower I’d have a reason to do that.

Unlikely because the gamer culture still dictates that someone, somewhere, would try to find the quickest and easiest way to reach top level.
Then those that follow said way would still get bored quickly and not enjoy the game on the idea that end game shouldn’t matter here.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

This isn’t a game that you’re supposed to grind to.

If PvE and PvP don’t suit you, have you tried WvW?

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

This isn’t a game that you’re supposed to grind to.

If PvE and PvP don’t suit you, have you tried WvW?

Every mechanic released since launch and every content patch released since launch says other wise.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

exotic gear that you have to grind for hours for tiny stat boosts, and a completely broken dungeon system

Hours is accurate. Roughly 1hr to outfit every character you have in full exotics. Boy what a grind.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: SonicTHI.3217

SonicTHI.3217

Grind, zergs and boring content. If anything i d say the game has deteriorated to a typical mediocre WoW clone with a different gimmick zerg fest every 2 weeks.

Everything i loved about GW1 is gone, most things i loved about GW2 are gone and it keeps getting worse.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike O’Brien, President of Arenanet