Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

exotic gear that you have to grind for hours for tiny stat boosts, and a completely broken dungeon system

Hours is accurate. Roughly 1hr to outfit every character you have in full exotics. Boy what a grind.

For a new player its far more then 1hr and it offers a decent upgrade from blues or greens.

Beyond that is when the grind kicks in and you receive little to no reward for said grind.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Soul.5947

Soul.5947

I bought GW2 on release, grinded to 80, and tried out the endgame. And while the levelling was fun, the game featured no endgame PvE, exotic gear that you have to grind for hours for tiny stat boosts, and a completely broken dungeon system. The PvP itself was so unbalanced as to not be any fun, along with no gear to be earned in structured PvP whatsoever. Have they added ANYTHING worth hitting level 80 in the year and a half?

I don’t find it fun it’s just that there’s no better mmo out atm that i can play. I would play ESO but sub and item shop + limited edition class kind of ruined it for me. If there was any other new MMo out there gw2 wouldn’t even be on my hard drive anymore.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Bevillian.1260

Bevillian.1260

No, it isn’t yet. They still haven’t implemented anything new in PvP. They still call 1 round matches a tournament, and getting any rank finisher means grinding capture points all day and night every day since that is the only way to PvP after almost 2 years after release.

Guild Wars 2 Needs Hall of Heroes

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: TankinJankins.3276

TankinJankins.3276

The problem is right there in front of you. You approached the game like this -> “Right what’s the fastest way to get the best of everything and level to 80 with the least effort possible” That will make EVERY game boring. I’ve been playing since launch and it never gets dull or boring but that’s because you have to enjoy the lore and EVERY detail of the beautiful world.

The problem with most players is they only care about beating a game and getting the best stuff as instantly as possible.

Maybe if they made levelling slower I’d have a reason to do that.

Unlikely because the gamer culture still dictates that someone, somewhere, would try to find the quickest and easiest way to reach top level.
Then those that follow said way would still get bored quickly and not enjoy the game on the idea that end game shouldn’t matter here.

Vanilla and BC WoW took MONTHS to level, even an experienced powerleveller would take about 2 months to hit the max level. And even with this incredibly long levelling time, it was still the most successful MMORPG ever. Pacing is an incredibly important aspect to making an MMORPG successful.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Kill Momma.6127

Kill Momma.6127

I loved GW1 and thought GW2 would be great to add. Played since launch for a year and quickly became part of the largest guilds on GW2. Then they decided to start the living story which I couldn’t keep up with because I teach. I found that if I couldn’t keep up with the living story then I couldn’t stay with the guildies. I was quickly thrown out for not participating and once my friends were gone I lost faith in this game. I can’t blame it soley on the game, but it quickly became zerg and grind for nothing by yourself. Haven’t touched the game since then…. Have thought of trying to get back into it, but will never finish a single living story update and thats what keeps me from joining back in.

HOD [PHZE]
Chemistry can be a good and bad thing. Good when you make love with it. Bad when you make crack.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

I loved GW1 and thought GW2 would be great to add. Played since launch for a year and quickly became part of the largest guilds on GW2. Then they decided to start the living story which I couldn’t keep up with because I teach. I found that if I couldn’t keep up with the living story then I couldn’t stay with the guildies. I was quickly thrown out for not participating and once my friends were gone I lost faith in this game. I can’t blame it soley on the game, but it quickly became zerg and grind for nothing by yourself. Haven’t touched the game since then…. Have thought of trying to get back into it, but will never finish a single living story update and thats what keeps me from joining back in.

Casual guilds for the win. My friends (and no one in our guild) would have treated you that way. That’s just wrong.

Finding the right guild for your play style is half the enjoyment of any MMO. I suggest you were in the wrong guild, which sucks. But if you find the right one, you could end up really enjoying yourself.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Wildman.9641

Wildman.9641

I pretty much doubt you honestly are looking for any answers to your question here, seems more like you want to vent your dislike of the game – which is fine and dandy, but your approach is neither as new nor as original as you imagine it to be.

Hard to tell. This is the first time I have been on these forums in a couple months and left game way way before that after doing 4 80s. OP got the answers many of us needed with this thread. This is the only thread I need read. Like him I may check and see what next months patch does. Or not. Not a big deal. They got my money and I got 100 hours or so of playing. One still can hope that they will improve the game.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Strayhand.8216

Strayhand.8216

“Just last time I checked they had subscriptions, don’t like me no subscriptions (I guess GW2 has forever ruined me).”

Taking an example from this topic, this is like saying McDonalds spoiled you, and now you are not gonna pay for normal food anymore. How exactly did GW2 spoil you if you don’t find it fun…?

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I bought GW2 on release, grinded to 80, and tried out the endgame. And while the levelling was fun, the game featured no endgame PvE, exotic gear that you have to grind for hours for tiny stat boosts, and a completely broken dungeon system. The PvP itself was so unbalanced as to not be any fun, along with no gear to be earned in structured PvP whatsoever. Have they added ANYTHING worth hitting level 80 in the year and a half?

+ “grinded to 80” …with this comment someone must think he’s still playing WoW.

+"game featured no endgame" … Well lets see, there is ascended gear to work on which is difficult, legendary weapons which are extrememly tough, and of course personal achievements to work on are some.

We definitely don’t need to add any WoW degenerates so don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Enjoy your second job that you pay monthly to log into.

I haven’t played WoW since BC, and if you think this game is hard I feel bad for you. And the thing with WoW, is that they REWARD you for playing the endgame. This game gives you little to nothing but horrible gameplay.

I’ve never played WoW, but I’ve played games like it. Rolling for loot at the end of a 3 hour raid and getting the item you want after 12 raids isn’t even the slightest bit rewarding. Especially when you can only attempt that particular raid once a week.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Nage.1520

“Just last time I checked they had subscriptions, don’t like me no subscriptions (I guess GW2 has forever ruined me).”

Taking an example from this topic, this is like saying McDonalds spoiled you, and now you are not gonna pay for normal food anymore. How exactly did GW2 spoil you if you don’t find it fun…?

I guess you missed the part where some people find this game not only fun, but more fun than other existing MMOs, subscription or no subscription.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Nope. Here’s a few reasons why:
-Nothing new for Personal Story, I guess the dragons are just chillin’.

So it’s Game of Thrones MMO now?

Yeaahhhhh, sorry but I don’t understand that reference.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

I guess you missed the part where some people find this game not only fun, but more fun than other existing MMOs, subscription or no subscription.

I have yet to see anyone who would pay to play GW2 as a subscription game.

One of the top reasons given by players who like this game has consistently been that it is buy to play.

Rather telling.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Nage.1520

One of the top reasons given by players who like this game has consistently been that it is buy to play.

Rather telling.

You must have skipped posts. In previous posts I have seen several people who would play Guild Wars 2 as a subscription game. They weren’t the majority of posters, but that doesn’t surprise me.

Guild Wars 2 is the only MMO at this point I’d consider subscribing to. It doesn’t mean I would or I wouldn’t…but I’m guessing I would. Never really know until it happens.

But others have definitely said they would pay a sub in other threads on this very forum.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Strayhand.8216

Strayhand.8216

No, in fact I agree with that. Even though I didn’t log in for a while, I wouldn’t even consider logging into another currently running MMO (I played WoW for 5 years). But I forgot to mention that my comment wasn’t really meant to the poster I quoted from, but in general to the MMO community. Nowadays people complain about MMOs having a sub fee because GW2 “spoiled them”, but on the other hand they complain about GW2 not having content. I guess people want it all for free.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Nage.1520

No, in fact I agree with that. Even though I didn’t log in for a while, I wouldn’t even consider logging into another currently running MMO (I played WoW for 5 years). But I forgot to mention that my comment wasn’t really meant to the poster I quoted from, but in general to the MMO community. Nowadays people complain about MMOs having a sub fee because GW2 “spoiled them”, but on the other hand they complain about GW2 not having content. I guess people want it all for free.

Right but my point is, for some of us, Guild Wars 2 gives us content. It’s not content that everyone loves universally but judging from the number of people who liked the Marionettte and Lion’s Arch, it’s not just like three guys sitting in their mom’s basement. This is popular content. That’s right content. People play and enjoy it.

Some people hate it. It’s too zergy, not not challenging enough or whatever. But a lot of people like it too. Many have said that they’ve never seen this much content in any game. I’m inclined to agree with that.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Vanilla and BC WoW took MONTHS to level, even an experienced powerleveller would take about 2 months to hit the max level. And even with this incredibly long levelling time, it was still the most successful MMORPG ever. Pacing is an incredibly important aspect to making an MMORPG successful.

Well goodie for BC and Vanilla WoW, but this game is not them.
Nor is this game released during the time they were, when online games were something of a novelty and just before they became a big thing.

Yes pacing is important, we agree there, but nowadays the pacing of old might not be the intended goal of newer designers and titles.

I’ve heard similar gripes on games in the past as well.
Why can’t Title Y be like Title X? Title X was fun, successful, and makes folks feel nostalgic.

Title X was successful because either there wasn’t much competition, it just “got there first”, or was rather well constructed in the mindset of players at that time.
Sometimes the stars align and Title X gets all three, if not more, of these lucky factors.

Title Y is a product of Title Y’s time, not X. The gaming tastes have changed, the demographics aren’t what they used to be, technology has changed, and competition has differed.

tldr version: GW2 is not WoW, Vanilla/BC/any other expansion-wise.
Comparisons or even lamentations that this title isn’t like that will not make anything better.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

(edited by Atlas.9704)

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

How about we have now ascended gear you have to grind for weeks for tiny stat boosts.

PvE is more or less the same with some more zerg.

PvP is the same old same old.

So, the game’s PvE is still nonexistant, and the PvP still unbalanced?

There is something called living story that is updated every 2 weeks with a fresh set of new achievements to grind out via zerg content. The content itself is shally and vastly unappealing to many, although theres a lot of people that for whatever reason think it is quality. All I see are 10-15 achievements every week to grind out in one or two zones that arenanet designates. I.E. We are funneled like cattle into these zones and out of the open world in order to acquire more achievement points(since they matter to people now) and a shiny backpiece or something.

Personally, Id much rather arenanet abandon the living story and focus on making all zones appealing to play in at any time. No matter the server I am on, or guesting on, most zones are empty. Someone that would quote me here and say “well not on my server”..is just naive.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Nage.1520

How about we have now ascended gear you have to grind for weeks for tiny stat boosts.

PvE is more or less the same with some more zerg.

PvP is the same old same old.

So, the game’s PvE is still nonexistant, and the PvP still unbalanced?

There is something called living story that is updated every 2 weeks with a fresh set of new achievements to grind out via zerg content. The content itself is shally and vastly unappealing to many, although theres a lot of people that for whatever reason think it is quality. All I see are 10-15 achievements every week to grind out in one or two zones that arenanet designates. I.E. We are funneled like cattle into these zones and out of the open world in order to acquire more achievement points(since they matter to people now) and a shiny backpiece or something.

Personally, Id much rather arenanet abandon the living story and focus on making all zones appealing to play in at any time. No matter the server I am on, or guesting on, most zones are empty. Someone that would quote me here and say “well not on my server”..is just naive.

Maybe the people who “for whatever reason” think it’s quality because it is. Seems to me you’re setting yourself and those like you up as the ultimate arbiter of what’s good and what’s bad. Some people might find that offensive.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I don’t actually know how would that be possible. In all MMOs people tend to flock to one or two end game zones. If one zone would get updated, all people would flock there. If they updated all zones at the same time, mass would get confused, spread out and then you would see relatively few people in every single zone. Then in a few days one person would figure out what’s the most profitable, or fastest, or gives the most karma, etc and once again all of the population will run there. I don’t think that there’s a way to solve that.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

So…. based on the bolded…. you played the game exactly like you’d play WoW. I’m sorry hun, but GW2 is not WoW, where the ‘fun stuff’ [supposedly] ’doesn’t start’ until you reach max level.

GW2 was marketed as a game where the ‘entire game is endgame.’ And for the most part, that’s pretty much true. There is nothing you can’t do at 80, conversely being 80 also isn’t anything special. It simply allows you to access everything. You aren’t locked out of experiences because you aren’t an 80, and you aren’t locked out of going back and re-experiencing something from a lower level just because you are. The game is as much about the journey, as it is about finally hitting the level cap.

For those people that ‘grind to 80’ and play the game like it’s another WoW, expecting some gear grind dungeon/raid running endgame; they are going to be highly disappointed. This is not the same type of animal. It’s not intended to be played that way.

From the sounds of your post, GW2 isn’t going to be your type of game, then or now. Nothing wrong with that, but based on what it was marketed as and what its supposed to be, it’s probably not what you’re looking for.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

GW2 is not WoW and sadly it neither is a sequel to GW1.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

GW2’s fun, but I already thought it was at launch.

There have been many improvements but nothing fundamentally changed since though, so if you didn’t like it you still won’t.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Taurok.6708

Taurok.6708

Maybe the people who “for whatever reason” think it’s quality because it is. Seems to me you’re setting yourself and those like you up as the ultimate arbiter of what’s good and what’s bad. Some people might find that offensive.

Another way of saying “setting yourself and those like you up as the ultimate arbiter of what’s good and what’s bad” is “offering an opinion”.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Lankybird.8149

Lankybird.8149

No max level end game has been added. I don’t expect it ever will be.

End game is here is is just about cosmetics not stat boost. The core of GW2 is playing based off skill not stats, which ties over to PVP as well. I don’t think that will ever change, as far as “fun” it has new living events going on all the time, lots of fun mini games going on like survival games and carb toss etc, guild puzzles. other than that embrace sPVP or WvW. If you don’t like grinding dungeons for better gear (me either) not much else to do. Add advice and and ideas for improvements to the game on my list to GW2 Staff.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Lankybird-s-List/first#post3687225

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

End game is here is is just about cosmetics not stat boost. The core of GW2 is playing based off skill not stats, which ties over to PVP as well.

This.

If you have problems with the game, no one can convince you how to have fun with it. We could say you’re doin’ it wrong, or thinking about it backwards, or any number of things, but ultimately if your playstyle and sense of gratification don’t mesh well with what the game offers, there’s nothing we can do for you because it’s between you and the game at that point.

I will say that anyone who thinks there’s more grinding here than in WoW is delusional about WoW though.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

It does sound like OP just won’t like this game. A lot of things like level scaling have been specifically designed like that (e.g. getting your kitten handed to you by people who are further into the game than you in sPvP isn’t fun).

Overall though. I think GW2 is a great co-RPG, in fact, one of the best out there. However, it fails at being a MMO, mainly because there just isn’t a sense of progression. After you’ve done everything content-wise once, you really start questioning why should I play any of it again.

They’re fun. But despite the fact that I found Mario Galaxy to be a great game, I won’t play it over and over again. It doesn’t have to be the gear treadmill which has become mainstream in MMOs, more skills is an excellent start.

Cosmetics could have been a great incentive, but without a wardrobe function, it just isn’t viable to keep changing your character’s looks, and thus ultimately render that useless.

It just seems that the developers wanted to take the grind out of the game so much that they forgot that players will be playing things over and over because its a MMO, not a co-RPG.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Personally I’m waiting on the CDI proposed changes to advancement/progression in the first CDI post in these forums before I get serious. I’m also not impressed that they haven’t fixed basic problems that other game titles hashed out years ago in PVE that would greatly improve diversity and make pet heavy specs viable again as well as restoring the problems that come from having only 1 mode of combat (Burst Zerker DPS) so they can finally at long last have an actually diverse build system where CC, Healing, and Condition damage are right up there in usefulness of Zerker. It’s really not that difficult when history has done most of the work for you on what to do in many of these issues.

I’m also waiting on a toggle for engineer backpacks so that we can actually USE these backpacks from LS events in the first place.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

I’m also not impressed that they haven’t fixed basic problems that other game titles hashed out years ago in PVE

This is a sentiment I’ve seen a lot since the game launched, and it’s a sentiment that needs to be reminded that those other game titles had a lot more time under their belt than GW2 did, and does now.

Although in another year I’ll go ahead and start agreeing with you.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: poopyshoe.8450

poopyshoe.8450

I’m afraid it is pretty much the same my friend. I log in every few months to check it out, and I have not seen progress. It is still the same boring grind-fest to make it to lvl 80, but multiply that by 10 once your lvl 80. Just more grinding for professions, and useless armor skins with barely any stat increases. And to top it off boring half-rate live story, and no mention of a real expansion.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

It’s honestly the most fun when you can avoid the stuff they WANT you to do. The updates/cheevos/legendary is an appalling grind to me. If you get off the beaten track and explore and have fun making your own build, the game is a great one. It’s just unfortunate the continuing updates are kind of F2P cheesy too often.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Moteris.5913

Moteris.5913

I do think this game is not made for everyone and that is ok.

That said I freaking love this game. It is my all time fave MMO. Sure the game is not perfect but what mmo is?

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Sumpfkraut.8970

Sumpfkraut.8970

Honestl ypeople. I don’t like grinding either but I still find this game fun, why? Because I don’t reduce it to a spreadsheet and feel the need to get the best equipment ever. Sure, it would be nice, but you can easily kick kitten and chew bubble gum even without 6 Superior Runes of the Monk, a full Arah set and Twilight (I’d really like having that one though).
If you play the game with numbers in mind, numbers is what you’ll get. This game is more suited to playfulness with its aesthetics options, costume brawls, musical minigames, sometimes delightful (Ebonhawke), sometimes kittened (Human and Norn dances) pop-culture references and platforming sections. You should play it with playfulness in mind. Play it as a game, not as an accountancy software.

0/10 to the OP, complaining on how the game is exactly like how it was marketed.

They marketed as fun, experience shows quite a different story. Especially since I have a bunch of people confirming this.

It’s not particularly hard to find a bunch of people who roughly agree with you in a few-million-people-population, i.e. the player-base of GW2. Especially not when they purposefully cluster to exchange their grief about this horrible POS game.

Have you ever been to a women’s shelter? By gathering your data on men only from there, you could easily come to the conclusion that all men are kitten pigs. That is if you’re really dumb. Your method here is the same, except on top of that you conveniently ignore everything other people say, because somehow a cluster of people agreeing with you is argumentatively stronger than a cluster of people disagreeing with you. So that makes it dumb to the power of two.

ALso I only just recently came back tot his game after a year of hiatus because some issues with the game infuriated/disappointed me to no end – and sometimes they still do. So I’m not a fanboy. And honestly the grind is the least of GW2’s problems – after all it took you all 80 levels and then some to be disappointed by it. That says something.

(edited by Sumpfkraut.8970)

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Lankybird.8149

Lankybird.8149

I do think this game is not made for everyone and that is ok.

That said I freaking love this game. It is my all time fave MMO. Sure the game is not perfect but what mmo is?

Star Wars Galaxies was RIP. This game is bold though, and I respect them a lot for it. Not enough credit to guild wars two, I know that people look at WOW for the end all be all of END GAME content, and I know this released around same time as SWTOR the best ingame story line possibly of all time. People kinda brush off what GW2 has done. They have broken TONS of barriers, and sure there have been some problems along the way but it has done great at fixing them and keeps working at making the game fun. Standard MMO? Nope. Standard MMO fun? Nope. This is a new and fun game I am happy to play, with more content updates than games people are paying $15.00 a month for! I have bounced back between this and WOW and SWTOR, I keep coming back to GW2. WOWs end game is just annoying to me, and I really love the communities with in GW2. SWTOR great game, but in the end PVP better on GW2, playing with skill in PVE AND PVP and not grinding for gear ownage is an adjustment but once your hooked you are hooked.

(edited by Lankybird.8149)

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

I’d pay $15 a month to NOT have Scarlet.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: mistwaver.4891

mistwaver.4891

One of my friends told me even 80’s just run around with the trains in Queensdale because you can get the same gear as you would get from killing champions of your level. I think the dungeons are a little more refined (I overheard at launch saying the system was broken and the rewards from world bosses and champions were greater than dungeon bosses), but I’m still just a little concerned with end game considering as a level 80 you can go to a low level zone and kill champions and bosses and get level 80 gear.

When a level 80 can go to Queensdale and be scaled down to level 15 or so and get the same gear as if they were killing a level 80 champion in the level 80 zones they’re going to do that over their own content because it will be less effort and yield the same rewards (or equally as good).

Unless I’m blowing it all out of proportion.

The game does so much right. The dynamic world is awesome. Running around and running into an event going on, participating and getting rewards from it is awesome. It brings a new meaning to exploration that has not been seen in MMO’s ever since EQ2 before they WoWified it. It’s amazing being able to go to low level zones as a high level player and play with your lowbie friends and get the same experience you would otherwise get in your own level zones. It however is not okay to get the same gear from these low level zones as you would get from zones that are appropriate for your level.

The game is certainly fun as you are leveling. I’m high enough level I can do my first dungeon. Just waiting for a few of my other friends to gain a few levels so we can hit one as a guild. I’m just hoping I’m wrong about the gear thing mentioned above and the level 80 zones aren’t ghost towns since you can get level 80 gear from Queensdale. As I level, having stuff to do outside of PvP as a level 80 certainly lingers in the back of my mind.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Iplaytokill.1674

Iplaytokill.1674

The pvp balance is still garbage, as always. It just switches on the variety of garbage. At the moment you have the Warrior being over the top EZ mode.

PVE is ‘fun’ if you find something to do. Problem is that once you do 100% world exploration, all the jp’s, craft legendaries, fractals, dungeons, etc, it just gets boring. Sure I could go and run MORE dungeons but for what? Armor skins? Those are cosmetic items I can do without.

Since release, almost everything new has been tied to the gem store. All the new armor sets, except ascended (LOL) are gem-store only.

The only thing that proves any sort of skill in this game is the Liadri mini. Everything else is either gained by grinding or buying it off TP. There’s no reward for being good at the game. You get rewarded more often by spamming -1-1--1-1-1-1 into a zerg every two weeks.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Not with this update.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

There are champion grind Zergs now in PvE. Also there is fractals for end level content needs. Also there are a LOT less botters and gold sellers now.

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’m also not impressed that they haven’t fixed basic problems that other game titles hashed out years ago in PVE

This is a sentiment I’ve seen a lot since the game launched, and it’s a sentiment that needs to be reminded that those other game titles had a lot more time under their belt than GW2 did, and does now.

And that’s an excuse I’ve heard alot from people over time but even things we thought would be fixed by the 1 year mark are still problems today. It can’t be that hard to implement these things when other games have had the exact same problems under the hood and their solutions worked perfectly fine for years now.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Taurok.6708

Taurok.6708

And that’s an excuse I’ve heard alot from people over time but even things we thought would be fixed by the 1 year mark are still problems today. It can’t be that hard to implement these things when other games have had the exact same problems under the hood and their solutions worked perfectly fine for years now.

“… we’ve ramped up to make Guild Wars 2 the best-supported, most-updated online world in the industry.”

Just sayin’.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

As someone who took a 4 month hiatus and came back only a few weeks ago I will throw in my ideas of what has changed.

Dungeons: They are the same minus a lot of the cheesing of bosses has been removed. There is also gold insensitive to run multiple wings and not spam COF 1 over and over. The LFG tool now makes it easier to run dungeons (story and explore) that I never got to in the past.

Spvp: As stated changes are coming. AS others have stated there are a few new maps and some balance changes. You will still see thieves but it is not 5 on a single team anymore and the skill cap of the players for the most part is better. Rarely see a HS spamming thief in my gaming experince.

Living Story: Missed out on some fun bosses. Also it looks liek Anet is slowly moving away from the zerg. The first scarlet event was about zerging one area to spawn champions and increase your loot bags. The escpae from Lion’s Arch was a zerg until people learned you need to spread out and save citizens to hit the 1200 mark and get the loot bag with the best chance of rare items. The zerg is not entirely dead but you can see the steps Anet is taking.

World vs World: There is WvW rankings and levels to get for a carrot on a stick. The new edge of the mist map is a really fun battlefield that has some pve elements thrown in as well.

World Bosses: Need a lot of people but a straight foward zerg mentality will wipe the party and fail the event.

Fractals: new maps, new challenges once you get past level 30. (fractal level is shared on your entire account now)

Crafting: Ascended is a long process and takes awhile to craft your gear. I don’t think you can level it to 500 like how you could with 1-400 with just 20g.

Overall I am happy I came back. I was playing final fantasy and that was getting old.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: fett.9573

fett.9573

one reason some people are still playing is simply because there is no better game being released. no competition in a stagnant market means the devs can do whatever they please and get away with it.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

TankinJankins.3276:

I haven’t played WoW since BC, and if you think this game is hard I feel bad for you. And the thing with WoW, is that they REWARD you for playing the endgame. This game gives you little to nothing but horrible gameplay.

1. Left WoW due to constantly increasing gear tiers and levels. You do nothing but grind for days to be able to enjoy the game for a few weeks. Why do that when I can reach level 80 and do everything I want without the fear of falling behind?
2. If you think this game is horrible then go and play something you enjoy.

killcannon.2576:

Rather telling.

if it wouldn’t change to be more grindy in order to require people to stay subbed for longer, I would. It’s the only MMO where you can’t really fall behind much and can continue working towards your personal goals.

Nage.1520:

Casual guilds for the win. My friends (and no one in our guild) would have treated you that way. That’s just wrong.

Finding the right guild for your play style is half the enjoyment of any MMO. I suggest you were in the wrong guild, which sucks. But if you find the right one, you could end up really enjoying yourself.

The guild that I’m in as a semi harsh policy (at least for some people) where you have to either inform people that you’re going to be away or at least get a single achievement point in a month to stay in the guild (as in log in and do one part of the daily). Then you’re counted as active.

TankinJankins.3276:

it was one of the least grindy games when it came out. Especially if you compared it to games like Everquest or Silkroad Online. It’s still going to the less grindy direction and so is the rest of the industry.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

Point 1 is a lie Mirta.

Is GW2 Fun Yet?

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Grind, zergs and boring content. If anything i d say the game has deteriorated to a typical mediocre WoW clone with a different gimmick zerg fest every 2 weeks.

Everything i loved about GW1 is gone, most things i loved about GW2 are gone and it keeps getting worse.

+1 Couldn’t have said it better.