Is GW2 TacO bannable? Please say yes...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sweal.4659

Sweal.4659

Today i found out about addition into gw2 called “GW2 TacO” which is basicly all addons from WoW in one. I left WoW because raiding was just about who can read text warnings from addons on the screen faster. When i found out about this, im really afraid same is going to happen to gw2. That it will be game full of hardcore amateurs that can run trough entire wing without even finding out thinking about tactic. Please share your opinions on this.

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

Wait we can have addons in the game now?! Since when?! o.0

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If it’s an overlay that just uses data from the APIs, then there is no issue with using it.

Which, according to the creator, it is. http://gw2taco.blogspot.com/2015/12/what-is-gw2-taco.html

You can also find it on the list of applications in the Wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/API_talk:List_of_applications

Good luck.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Its an overlay that uses anet’s api. Not bannable.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

It’s not breaking any rules. If ArenaNet wanted to stop it, they’d simply cut the positional information while in certain areas. If they did that however, people would just read the information directly from memory, which is how the better DPS meter works, though doing so is against the rules.

Wait we can have addons in the game now?! Since when?! o.0

It’s not an addon like you’d seen in other MMOs. It’s a program that displays on top of GW2.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Today i found out about addition into gw2 called “GW2 TacO” which is basicly all addons from WoW in one. I left WoW because raiding was just about who can read text warnings from addons on the screen faster. When i found out about this, im really afraid same is going to happen to gw2. That it will be game full of hardcore amateurs that can run trough entire wing without even finding out thinking about tactic. Please share your opinions on this.

I don’t understand your objection to it.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I think the objection is a perception of what addons do to help players complete difficult content in GW2, which is funny if you actually know how ‘hard’ raids are.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

no matter if it is or not using anet’s api. or even overlay should be fully

bannable. think that is why there so many hacks in the game now as i seen in the last

month .

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

no matter if it is or not using anet’s api. or even overlay should be fully

bannable. think that is why there so many hacks in the game now as i seen in the last

month .

The two aren’t even remotely related.

Using an API supported overlay that does not read from memory has never been an issue and has been openly endorsed via Anet’s own Overwolf Api app building contest.

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

That comment about all the WoW add ons in one is the overstatement of the century.
From what I see it does very little,just adds pointers for known locations of nodes and other interactable objects.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Taco doesn’t offer any of the more toxic tools from WoW raiding addons, such as dps meters, the ability to look at other people’s builds/gear or flashing warnings about raid boss mechanics.

Mainly it just adds markers to the map and provides timers for world bosses. It actually strikes a nice balance.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

It definitely gives unfair advantages, so Anet should ban this overlay (and similar overlays)

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

Unfair advantages? You can make an simple audio file for calling things at Sabetha, Xera, Matthias etc.
Such an overlay just does what everyone could do with a bit memorising or a piece of paper. If you mean sth. else, give us a hint what this “unfair advantages” are.

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Hey this is amazing! Nice find.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Yeah, thanks this is great, can’t wait to try it out!

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

It definitely gives unfair advantages, so Anet should ban this overlay (and similar overlays)

Oh you! You’re so funny!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If you call it an advantage to see the name of a tasty food on your screen, then sure. It just makes me hungry, though.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Taco doesn’t offer any of the more toxic tools from WoW raiding addons, such as dps meters, the ability to look at other people’s builds/gear or flashing warnings about raid boss mechanics.

Mainly it just adds markers to the map and provides timers for world bosses. It actually strikes a nice balance.

it does flash warnings about raiding boss mechanics. but only ones that are on timers and never change. like sabetha.

im bad at sarcasm

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

I looked at it today for the first time because of this thread.

It is just an overlay to tell you where a few things in game are. It does not show gathering nodes, just interactable things like lost coins in Dry Top. No different then using Dulfy’s website.

After trying it for about 3 mins, I just turned it off. It provides no advantage over regular gameplay, and what it does offer, I’ve already solved by having a second monitor. For players with one monitor, it would be useful for finding things like the lost coins.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]