Is GW2 farm fest?

Is GW2 farm fest?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Smigl.6178

Smigl.6178

In my opinion yes! let me explain why i think that:

I got my eye stuck on flame legion armor, i just looks so sexy on my warrior i am talking about orange set. Was checking how many those little marks i need and number goes arround 1300 badges. So i found COF ex speed run mod and was shocked when i ended with 30marks on end of run, not to mention that you get less marks for every other run you repeat. So with my caclulation of arround 25marks per run it will take me arround 100 (take in mind that some runs will fail so i round it up to 100) runs of same dungeon of same mod to complete my set? And thats in speed mode! where is fun in 100 repeated runs?

Ok, as many will say you dont need to do that, do something else. So i tryed to see what i can get with karma. 42 000 karma for 1 item, events give arround 300 karma so i need 150 events for just 1 item? if you wanna six items you need 900 events finised, zerged, repetead! are you joking?

So i tryed with proffesions, there is much less time you need to put there but still a big farm fest for ores and blue thingies that goes into recepies. and at end i will not get armor i like (by looks ofc).

In my opinion you didnt have enough of time to finish end game content so you raized all demands so high that aion farm is a little baby for this

I do realize that it takes time and work to get end game gear and i dont wanna see that gear so easy to obtained, but this is stupid, there is no fun at all in 100 same dungeons runs or 900 events farming! and thats for armor only.

So ill suggest that you remove different marks for dungeons and make one unique that will allowe us to purchase any gear we want no matter what explorable dungeons we are running.

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Well its a cosmetic focused game. The nice cosmetic stuff is the equivalent of that rare uber powerful weapon in other MMOs.

That being said you dont need to farm unless you want to farm. Just play the game normally and eventually you’ll afford it. If you love PVE for example, just play that, do multiple zones, work towards world completion and do Dynamic events along the way. 900 Dynamic Events sound a lot, and they are a lot but while playing PVE thats what you’ll be doing anyway right? It might take a couple of months but you’ll get there. No need to repeat the same more efficient DE over and over again!

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: kal.4350

kal.4350

The problem is not they give us something that needs farming. The problem is, instead of giving us 10 things that need 10 runs each, they give us 1 that needs 100 runs.
The numbers are just an example. What I mean is that there are few things that need lots of time instead of many things with reasonable times.

Is GW2 farm fest?

Smigl.6178

Problem is i want that flame legion armor so if i want to have it i MUST farm 100 explorable cof runs, there is no option to do it any other way, there is a option to not get that armor. that is NOT fun but frustrated.

i am not saying i want to have it today, i am willing to put time and effort but not in a manner i do 100 same runs, killing same mobs/bosses

kal said it perfect “there are few things that need lots of time instead of many things with reasonable times.” thats why i would like to see every ex dungeons giving unique marks that you can spend on any dungeon items you want to. so i can explore and enyoj other dungeons and not fealing stuck to this cof.

(edited by Smigl.6178)

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: Cloudnine.2083

Cloudnine.2083

Couldn’t agree more with you Smigl. I had the same thoughts as you for a while now. I know that the game isn’t like other mmo’s and it might just be me running around in Orr looking for events (running to nearby events because I can’t TP to them because there’s an event going on and failed the event, no rewards due to the run to the wapoint, gg). I don’t feel like going through Explorable Mode to get those marks, it doesn’t appeal to me the way it’s currently designed (“go play another game, this one isn’t for you pewpew” I don’t give a kitten what you say, I like this game ) to run those instances.

The Karma farm is justkitten waiting for a event to happen, running to the next event. That’s boring, there’s no fun in doing that.

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: BlackDeath.8106

BlackDeath.8106

who says its 100 runs?? It is 46 runs if you do one everyday (30 carvings). Therefore 46 days. Now if you do 5 runs everyday u will need 13 days (30 + 4*20 carvings). If you also include weapon well gonna calculate a bit more but for armor its only 1380 carvings. So not too bad.

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: texhnolyze.6425

texhnolyze.6425

@kal
every single person’s play style is different
while some players like to play it slow but sure, others just want to grab those exotics as soon as possible and tackle WvW to kill some guys
in some situations (if you’re in a ninja/scouting squad), you’ll run into a single player or a small party
and believe me, you won’t win 1v1 or 1v2 with just greens or yellows
that’s what exotics for

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

Honestly I’m disappointed that there’s grind like that.
I was expecting 5 or 10 runs to be enough. (back before the game was released)
I guess the HoM points should have been warning enough.
I still sort of regret wasting time on those because I didn’t enjoy doing them.
Well, not most of them. Some were fun.

At the same time I’m sure some people will be thrilled.
While I go “ugh, grind” many others go “Yay, long term progression!”

Benight[Edge]

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: Amadeuz.4617

Amadeuz.4617

Seriously, it is hilarious in GW2 community in these day. After game launch, There are 2 groups of people. Group A cries out the game has too much grindfest, I have to grind to get the rarest gear because they’re have better stats, but it is too hard to get those gears. Group B rants this game has less grind, the gear progression in this game is all about cosmetics, I don’t care cosmetics, no sense of progressions, no endgame.
I’m not sarcastic, it is really ridiculous.

(edited by Amadeuz.4617)

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

Here comes the instant gratification crowd that plagues MMOs these days. You aren’t required to do any of it, its completely your choice. If you want something in GW2 (or any other MMO) don’t treat it as ‘work’, do something that you enjoy doing and eventually you will be rewarded for it. If you never manage to obtain something that you think looks great, guess what, you never get it.

Unique, rare or legendary items need to maintain that unique or legendary feel, its what makes striving to get the item/title/pet/mount enjoyable once you eventually do get it. If you had half of the server strutting around with it, it diminishes its value. You don’t have to get them all, so for kittens sake stop thinking you do. Focus on something you really want and make sure you have fun while you’re at it. The game isn’t going anywhere, its a long term deal or are you guys new to MMO’s?

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: Wraith.4103

Wraith.4103

You do not need that. That’s all… It would be a farm if you actually have the NEED to get the armor. Its just a “bonus”. Do it with time, have some fun, do not try to get everysingle thing in the first weeks.

Adrian Faust – Human Mesmer
—-—Art Of Invasion [ART]——-
Gate of Madness

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: chase.2613

chase.2613

I think some people here miss a few points. With cosmetic-gear replacing stats-gear as the endgame gear progression, you actually do “need” that. And the problem OP was describing is that there isn’t a fun way to get it, only doing N runs of the same exploration, with N being too high for a game where you’re not supposed to grind.

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: psyt.9415

psyt.9415

If they reduce it then they will have a huge majority of players kittening there is nothing left to do andkitten off that they “beat the game” already. That’s all there is left to do really is pvp and get cosmetic armor so if you can get it in a week you will be done with this game and back on the forum complaining.

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: zogrim.6925

zogrim.6925

“One must suffer to be beautiful.”

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

What’s annoying is that as a result of all this necessary grind, farming is all people do. Finding a party to do Orr story mode took me 30 minutes, then I decided to do explorable since there’s plenty of people for that… but my group ported out after two bosses, apparently all everyone does is repeat those two steps over and over.

I’d like to join a group and do a dungeon the normal way just having fun, but if you do it that way getting a whole armor set will take months. So of course people just farm to bring that time down to a week, doing it the intended way would take too long.

Just playing the game should be rewarding without having to find cheap ways to grind.

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: zogrim.6925

zogrim.6925

What’s annoying is that as a result of all this necessary grind, farming is all people do. Finding a party to do Orr story mode took me 30 minutes, then I decided to do explorable since there’s plenty of people for that… but my group ported out after two bosses, apparently all everyone does is repeat those two steps over and over.

I’d like to join a group and do a dungeon the normal way just having fun, but if you do it that way getting a whole armor set will take months. So of course people just farm to bring that time down to a week, doing it the intended way would take too long.

Just playing the game should be rewarding without having to find cheap ways to grind.

I think that’s a problem with the mentality of the players.

The “I want everything and I want it now!” way of thinking is too common nowadays.

Is GW2 farm fest?

Smigl.6178

And again people dont read posts…

there are few things that need lots of time instead of many things with reasonable times.

What part you dont understand, i want flame legion armor set, i dont want it over night i am willing to put time and effort to get it, problem is that i need 100 runs of same dungeon, doing same things all over again, thats not FUN thas hard core FARMING. As i said ive they put unique token for all sets that you can get from every explorable dungeon then i would have some fun running different exolorable modes and working on getting that gear, for now i am stuck at repeating cof explorable and i am so lucky there is a speed run in that dungeon. Read before you post total bs.

Once more at end if there is still someone who dont get it:
i dont want lower costs of marks for gear or more marks from dungeons per run!
i want that no matter what explorable mod i run i can use that marks to buy any dungeon gear i like!

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: EyeSeeSound.1348

EyeSeeSound.1348

“One must suffer to be beautiful.”

Quoted for truth. Good job I’m happy being ugly.

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: Halo.1064

Halo.1064

Well I don’t know if these numbers are accurate, but there’s no way I’m grinding mykittenoff for gear at the level cap. I thought this game was supposed to break away from the tired, old paradigm(?)

And hey, that’s ok. I have other games I enjoy, and since there’s no sub, it’s really ok that I do something else for a bit. I just can’t go back into the full grind-box.

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: Metal.3826

Metal.3826

There’s a lot of events. Even when you’re 80 and you do a starter area event you get karma. It was about 1/3 less when I did it. You’re supposed to have fun, do the events you like and want to do, and karma will build up. It’s working as intended for me. Karma builds up while I’m distracted. At 42k/piece it’ll take a while though for all of them.

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: Tsaritsin.5364

Tsaritsin.5364

Armor sets at 80 are either -

1. a huge amount of Karma
2. a huge amount of Gold
3. a huge amount of Tokens

Games not a Grind fest ??

I loled

ALL mmo’s are a grind fest, they have to be a grind fest, if a dev team from any games company ever tells you that their game is not a grind fest, they are telling pork pies, full stop.

I shall not be there, I shall rise and pass,
Bury my heart at Wounded Knee.

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: Halo.1064

Halo.1064

Yeah but this one was supposed to be different. They have no incentive to use the same old trickery to keep you playing because there’s no subscription.

(Right??)

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

Smigl it’s cute that you want flame legion armor set and you want it now, but wait until christmas and ask santa claus or man the kitten up and learn that you don’t need it to enjoy the game and that if you really wanted it you must run the exact same dungeon 100 times or buy it from another player or use one of the multiple tedious ways to obtain it.

Halo: same story, the cosmetic grind is not necessary for you to enjoy the game.

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: Augeaz.3670

Augeaz.3670

I spent hours on grinding the right tokens, honour, whatever you call it in other MMO games, when I heard Guild Wars 2 Manifesto…

(search youtube gw2 manifesto around 1:20)

quoting

Coling Johanson – Game Designer
“In most games you go out and you have really fun task occasionally you get to do, and the rest of the game is this boring grind to get to the fun stuff… I swung a sword… I swung a sword again… Hey I swung it again, that’s great…
We just dont want player to grind in Guild Wars 2, no one enjoys that, no one finds it fun we want to change the way people view combat…”

end of quote

…despite the fact that we have to grind for hours, days, weeks or even months the same monster, dungeon, zone… to get the to “fun stuff” witch for some is better stats on a gear or maybe better looking gear… you name it…

Anyone want to do calculation if ArenaNet beat amount of heroics to be done to get what you want in the “other” MMO comparing to GW2? and how many “Hey I swung a sword…” are involved?

I have 94% World Completion, I guess world PVP left to discover, I run in self crafted rares, everyday I ask my friend why he will not join me, well he grinds for something… I am afraid when the time will come for me to grind, it will be my last day in the game… I was there, I did it… too many times too many hours some may laugh its like a overtime you come home after work to have some fun and well there it is a chore 10 dungeon runs at least for today… you can make it you tell yourself…

Cheers…

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: aedra.8361

aedra.8361

There’s always going to be some sort of grind. Content cannot be produced faster then players consume it with current technologies, especially regarding hardcore players.

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: Enoch.1058

Enoch.1058

I agree the cosmetic stuff has a steep price. How do you think it measures up against the material cost for cosmetic gear in GW1? As for the ‘grind’, it only really exists if you think playing this game until you can afford the cosmetic gear is boring. If you don’t enjoy playing a dungeon 100 times, then don’t. Move on. That gear is there for the people who love grinding or are going to play this game for years (one run a week for 2 years would get you 104 runs).

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: cosmatman.9306

cosmatman.9306

If the goal you set for yourself is to get this armor set for 40k karma, and that weapon for 20k karma it might start to feel like a grind.

However if your goal is simply to have fun, meet interesting people and so on then it doesnt feel like a grind. Your gear will come in time, but just focus on having fun instead of ‘omg i must have that piece of gear right nao’. Even when i did a lot of PVP in WoW, i just focused on having fun. I didnt watch my honor or arena points after every match. Sometimes i would just look and see that i had earned enough honor/points and that i could have bought a new piece of gear several days ago.

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: Daour.1437

Daour.1437

In my opinion yes! let me explain why i think that:

I got my eye stuck on flame legion armor, i just looks so sexy on my warrior i am talking about orange set. Was checking how many those little marks i need and number goes arround 1300 badges. So i found COF ex speed run mod and was shocked when i ended with 30marks on end of run, not to mention that you get less marks for every other run you repeat. So with my caclulation of arround 25marks per run it will take me arround 100 (take in mind that some runs will fail so i round it up to 100) runs of same dungeon of same mod to complete my set? And thats in speed mode! where is fun in 100 repeated runs?

Ok, as many will say you dont need to do that, do something else. So i tryed to see what i can get with karma. 42 000 karma for 1 item, events give arround 300 karma so i need 150 events for just 1 item? if you wanna six items you need 900 events finised, zerged, repetead! are you joking?

So i tryed with proffesions, there is much less time you need to put there but still a big farm fest for ores and blue thingies that goes into recepies. and at end i will not get armor i like (by looks ofc).

In my opinion you didnt have enough of time to finish end game content so you raized all demands so high that aion farm is a little baby for this

I do realize that it takes time and work to get end game gear and i dont wanna see that gear so easy to obtained, but this is stupid, there is no fun at all in 100 same dungeons runs or 900 events farming! and thats for armor only.

So ill suggest that you remove different marks for dungeons and make one unique that will allowe us to purchase any gear we want no matter what explorable dungeons we are running.

Did you really believe what the Dev team said about there will be no grind in GW2?

Its called marketing, every single MMO has grinding in it.

I had fun with GW2 from 0-80, the story was great, then it ended there.

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: Valkyrie.2678

Valkyrie.2678

If dungeons and WvWvW gave some nice karma and gold, we would have fun farming for gold and karma. I’m sick and tired of farming crafting materials which is the only way to farm gold in Guild Wars 2.

Is GW2 farm fest?

Posted by: Boonah.5374

Boonah.5374

Yes. It is a grind fest. Reasons to be excited;

Torchlight 2
Xcom
Borderlands 2
Baldurs Gate

lots of good games coming out. very disappointed with GW2.