Is Pressing Dodge & 1 Better Than a Trinity?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Marmag.5823

Marmag.5823

Personal opinion, the lack of holy trinity is not the problem.
i played standard MMO and, again personally, I hated it.
The main problem is that the PvE contents are not challenging, the dynamics of bosses/dungeons/boss events are flat.
All you have to do is going berserker, dodge when there’s no other alternative and… well, nothing else.
I have berserker guardian, berserker war, berserker ranger… why should I go for something different and do the same thing I would do as berserker but slowly?
i’d love to play a condition damage build in PvE or a pure ranged one, just for example… but why should I (ok, no one is forcing me, I could do what i want… but seriously…. why should I?)

Posted by: Onkelbubu.3108

Onkelbubu.3108

Removing the trinity did one thing: seperating this game from all other MMOs and make it a special one.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

The meta has become somewhat roles based. And, it is anchor guardian, dps warrior, and util/support mesmer. The roles actually are predetermined, largely, though there is adaptation from fight to fight. This is as close as we get to meaningful roles and it is nothing really supported by game design. The anchor guardian can grab aggro and position mobs but he can’t really tank, the mesmer is largely utility and nothing really satisfying in terms of combat specific role. The warrior as straight DPS is the closest we get to a meaningfully complete combat role.

So yeah, people are being creative with the stuff they find lying around on the ground. This is humans being humans and looking for meaningful roles to fill. What is the level of support in terms of what the game provides towards this end?

There is no anchor guardian, elementalists and thieves have better DPS than warriors (don’t stack more than one warrior for banners) and mesmer (reflect) utility is replaceable by a guard. Even thief, ranger and elementalist have projectile reflect/absorption).

Trinity is bad.

Guardian-warrior-mesmer problem is produced by horrible AI and boss mechanics.

There is no guardian-warrior-mesmer problem. Guard/war/mes is ez mode, but it’s not the best class combination at all.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

Removing the trinity did one thing: seperating this game from all other MMOs and make it a special one.

I hope you aren’t serious… There are lots of other online games where you play with lots of other players (hence an MMO) that don’t have trinities and/or at the very maximum at least don’t require them. Just removing the trinity doesn’t really make it that special…

Personally, I find trinity games to be rather boring; they essentially just boil down to, as someone stated earlier in this thread, a tank and spank often with a random mechanic thrown in to mix things up…. and it just stays that way pretty much for every major battle after that; don’t have a good healer and/or tank? Well no battle for you.

I tend to feel that a game that doesn’t have the trinity setup leaves a lot more options available to the developers on the direction they want to take battles. Games without trinities also don’t force you to rely purely on waiting for a “healer” or a “tank” because there no longer become a key role needed, but instead allows players to find their own strategies to use.

One thing Anet should look at doing more is utilizing players individual skill to have them accomplish different tasks simultaneously as a whole. The new Teq battle should hopefully get them going in a better direction with their options in setting up battle scenarios, since the new teq battle seems like it will have a lot of different components to it’s successful completion (utilizing hylek turrets to clear poison fields, firing siege weapons like actually using the mega laser to help take down the boss, waves of mobs causing havok if you don’t have people working on crowd control, etc.). If they do a good job in the implementation of these different fight mechanics, bring them together in cohesive and intuitive way, then we may see a very much more entertaining battle system in the future.

I just hope they get the teq battle right and not just make the mechanics feel boring and/or irritating/frustrating/etc. If they make everything come together right where any role in the battle you take feels rewarding, active, and intense; then I think it will be a very welcome update.

There are many, many other options other than the trinity to make a good battle system for a game. It seems that most developers don’t have the balls to attempt them though (I say attempt, because an idea can be good if implemented correctly, but if they implement it wrong event the best ideas that would work normally become just complete crap…)

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

1. crowd control, what crowd control? Most of them are 1-3 seconds in duration, with cooldowns in the 20-60 (or sometimes even higher) range. CC do not exist in this game, what we have instead are PVP combo starters/beakers masking as CC. Only when a mass number of characters are spamming their “CC” can you maybe control mob, and those situation are automatically denied to us via Defiant.

2. aggro is at present unpredictable to the point of being a RNG. Meaning that there is no way to organize. Aggro is more than tank and spank. Once you have multiple mobs running around, aggro management joins CC in turning a supersized bar brawl into a military engagement.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

If by trinity you mean a guy pulling all aggro to himself and everyone else spamming the DPS rotation / heal rotation I definitely prefer this system.
In WoW I used to main a tank because when I played DPS I literally fell asleep; in such a system tank and healer actually play the dungeon, others just spam dmg.
In GW2 regardless of what class I play I need to deal with mobs and bosses and defend myself – and there is no healer to make up for mistakes, if a person is bad you will notice.

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

If by trinity you mean a guy pulling all aggro to himself and everyone else spamming the DPS rotation / heal rotation I definitely prefer this system.

That IS the trinity and theres no way around it.

Everything else is non trinity related and can be put in any game.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by MikaHR.1978)

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

on the trinity..
the only fun thing in trinity setup is being the tank,! getting focused by the big boss.. but the responsibility is huge..!
DPSer is a mindkitten t that spam rotation with mostly without getting the heat of the mobs.. (most boring role in the trinity)
healer is also boring.. going around replenishing health bars, buffs.. and pretty much the same thing for every different raids..
but when you get max gear in the whole gear grind spiral, it will just become the same… DPS race!!
without the trinity..
each class has its own responsibility with their lives.. while it did put the excitement up a bit equally,.. the need for cooperation is mostly diminished..
each have its own merit and demerit..
but if someone is looking for trinity.,.. than i guess he/she wonders into the wrong game.!

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

The last game i played with trinity system, every boss are fought by the tank and healer only, the AoE damage is too high that all other party members are almost not able to walk into the boss attack range… so our fighting chance is on the mobs… where we skipped 90% on the run…

Can’t forget a world boss, it was so epic, someone with tank gear able to solo while our party, only our tank is able to stand toe to toe with the boss, while he needed 2 healers, 1 stand close enough to heal our tank, while the other one keep healing the main healer…. 3 players to fight boss, every other range / melee dps have to stay far away because 1 AoE can kill you right away…

Thats fun! It is a movie not a game…

so trinity, NO!

Posted by: JDGumby.7685

JDGumby.7685

I have a role. I am the hero. When everything goes wrong I will be there to finish it up.

You obviously haven’t been paying attention to the storylines. You are nothing but a flunky, easily replaceable. Especially at the end where they could’ve just gotten some random guard off the streets of Divinity’s Reach to man a cannon…

Seriously, most of the time you’re just there to run errands for Trehearne and a whiny clique straight out of a high school soap opera (Divinity’s Edge).

JDGumby.7685

“Special” in the way that lets you ride on a “special” schoolbus and be put in “special” classes, maybe.

digiowl.9620

Meh, make Defiant a time based thing. And make pull skills grab aggro.

Having the boss run right back once he stands up form a pull makes doing so borderline pointless.

Maybe that is what i find so annoying right now. Once fighting is initiated we are always on the reactive side to what mobs do, with no real option to take control of the fight for longer than a few seconds (if that).

Sure, coming out of a fight where you were balancing on the brink of defeat can be fun form time to time. But when this is every kitten fight above a 1v1 of starter zone mobs, it becomes tiresome.

I for one find a fight i won because i managed it properly more satisfying, than one i won because i out-DPSed or out-reactioned the opposition. If i out-DPS i wonder why i was fighting in the first place. And if i out-reactioned i feel exhausted and in over my head.

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

I have a role. I am the hero. When everything goes wrong I will be there to finish it up.

You obviously haven’t been paying attention to the storylines. You are nothing but a flunky, easily replaceable. Especially at the end where they could’ve just gotten some random guard off the streets of Divinity’s Reach to man a cannon…

Seriously, most of the time you’re just there to run errands for Trehearne and a whiny clique straight out of a high school soap opera (Divinity’s Edge).

No! I’m a Slayer!

And I got a ride on the awesomeship, and the random guards got squat.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Having no trinity sucks. I loved being the healer. In this game, healing is for suckers. The only reason I’m playing GW2 instead of a trinity game is because WoW is ughawfulterribadkillmenow and Rift is boring as hell with the gear progression being based on how many hours you can go into a PvP arena and lose ’till you get enough points for the gear you want..

Healing, known as support, is not for suckers. In some content like CoF you may wanna roll 5 zerkers, but overall in many encounters of various sizes, having a support class that can spread HoTs, cleanse, and mitigate damage is key. It even takes more skill to handle combo fields and the know how “to read the game” as it progresses, instead of the “mindless” zerks who just have to focus on that one thing.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

From my experience trininty games allow for a ton of carrying through content. Most encounters success or failure is dictated by the tanks/healers whilst dps just affects the speed at which the encounter is completed. I played healer/tank roles in WoW and Rift a fair bit and always found it annoying getting critcised by guys whose only job it was was to not stand in the fire and cycle their dps rotation.

Gw2’s system is far more revealing of an individual player’s skill . There are no tanks to hide behind or healers to save your kitten In nearly all cases blame stops at the player who went down. This makes it feel far more meritocratic for me, although for people used to only playing dps in trinity games it will be a bit trickier.

In the end, if you want to play trinity, there are tons of other great mmos that stick to that forumula. Let GW2 be different.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

colesy.8490

Having no trinity sucks. I loved being the healer. In this game, healing is for suckers. The only reason I’m playing GW2 instead of a trinity game is because WoW is ughawfulterribadkillmenow and Rift is boring as hell with the gear progression being based on how many hours you can go into a PvP arena and lose ’till you get enough points for the gear you want..

Healing, known as support, is not for suckers. In some content like CoF you may wanna roll 5 zerkers, but overall in many encounters of various sizes, having a support class that can spread HoTs, cleanse, and mitigate damage is key. It even takes more skill to handle combo fields and the know how “to read the game” as it progresses, instead of the “mindless” zerks who just have to focus on that one thing.

Actually, in all content you want five zerkers because you will have enough support from your weapons, utilities and traiting rather than investing in bad stats like healing power, toughness, vitality and boon duration.

A zerker guard can support just as much, wait no, better than some “anchor” (fail) guardian.

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

The real question is why this question keeps coming up on the GW2 forums when there are multiple other games where people can get the trinity playstyle. If that is what you like what the heck are you doing here?

Complaining about it in this place is basically as silly as asking why Mario has to move through pipes.

The game is designed around a baseline self-sufficiency that can be augmented and improved upon by playing with others. Different players will have different levels of self-sufficiency.

PvE never stays truly difficult. DPS is always going to be king. The trinity crowd likes to put on airs about how critical the roles are in other games, but I can give you plenty of examples or tearing through WoW’s dungeons solo or in groups long after they were outleveled/outgeared/outlearned. And you know what happened at that point? DPS and not taking the big hits was king.

Finally, say all your dreams come true and we get real healers and tanks in this game. Do you really think that is going to be an improvement? That it will somehow make the content more challenging?

If your response is “No Bash, they’d have to build content tuned to the new paradigm,” then you’d realize we’d be in exactly the same boat we are now. But in the meantime we’d have returned PvP to the “No healers? You lose.” paradigm, and we’d have taken our current PvE from (mostly) easy mode to Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Trinity encourage diversity and team play. Group synergy. If my skill equals 1 and yours equals 1, together they sum 3 instead of 2. That is team play.

In Guild Wars 2 we have:

same class and weapon means same skills.
only 3 utilities – elite can’t be a 4th utility and most of them are bad.
everyone is a copy of the players next to him.
Combos, supposed to be the top of skill sinergy are extremely weak to even be worthy.

There is no synergy or team play. Sometimes I feel playing a single player with 4 other illusions.

Even games like counter strike have more “class” variety than this game considering there is at least a difference in play stile from a sniper to an assault gun.

GW2 had a great idea removing the trinity but they implemented it horribly. The lack of content demanding roles (specialized roles not that idiotic “I use support on zerk gear”) and the mentality around the forums is making this a very flat and bad role playing game.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

(edited by Mesket.5728)

colesy.8490

If you think there’s no synergy, then I recommend you stop playing with bad players.

Experienced groups are filled with synergy, down to timing, traits, utilities and class composition (e.g. DnT’s 1 war, 1 mes, 1 ranger, 2 thief CoF p1 run, they synergised better than just stacking warriors and mes).

Posted by: Pack Hunter.6103

Pack Hunter.6103

I like both the trinity and the way guild wars 2 does it. I like being able to plan out a build and go play by myself doing healing, tanking and dps and sometimes escaping by the skin of my teeth and feeling like a hero.

On the flip side, I had a blast playing a healer in the SW:TOR with my friend. There is an awesome feeling to have something saying that they’re gonna die/wipe/ect and then they realize that they’re not because you are the best at what you do.

I love “traditional” MMO’s when I have a group to play with and Guild Wars 2 when I don’t. When I just want to sit down for an hour by myself it can’t be beat.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

The problem with dungeons is not that there is dodging nor lack of trinity.

The problem is the design of dungeons.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

Only thing removing the trinity ever did was not having to go out of your way to search for a tank or healer.

That and dumbing down the game to a point where its just spam your keys.

If that’s what you do you’re playing wrong.

Ummm learn to recognize other class skills? Learn to counter them? Interrupt big damage skills? Come on, this isn’t THAT difficult.

Elyl Jrend

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Only thing removing the trinity ever did was not having to go out of your way to search for a tank or healer.

Ummm learn to recognize other class skills? Learn to counter them? Interrupt big damage skills? Come on, this isn’t THAT difficult.

He’s probably talking about PvE, but I’d still say he’s either a PvP’er who likes to talk down on PvE, or just ignorant.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I wish folks would stop saying ANET removed the trinity. The roles are still there and your group is often more effective for utilizing those roles.

The change ANET made was to reduce the reliance on specific classes by allowing all classes the ability to play all the roles to varying degrees, which in turn made for more hybrid roles, and they also made it so you could run in ‘everyone take care of themselves’ mode. These are great changes, imo.

Perhaps if the game had more challenging content folks would be forced into re-learning how to play as a group/team instead of just running around in ‘everyone for themselves’ mode while pretending that the game doesn’t have decent group synergy options.

~ AoN ~

Mesket.5728

If you think there’s no synergy, then I recommend you stop playing with bad players.

Experienced groups are filled with synergy, down to timing, traits, utilities and class composition (e.g. DnT’s 1 war, 1 mes, 1 ranger, 2 thief CoF p1 run, they synergised better than just stacking warriors and mes).

I’m talking about random groups and any group content.

Experienced groups (minority) are not the samples one would use to describe or represent a generalized feeling on the game. I don’t care what I do, or what you do but what you perceive when you join random groups. Not only for high lvl fractal. That is also a tiny portion of the whole game. You have to consider any single group content and then tell me if combos are needed/used or not. Try to look a little bit farther than your own nose.

Posted by: wiazabi.2549

wiazabi.2549

I dislike that dodge make you immune to everything, aoe? just dodge, makes no sense.

Autoattack is used to much and nothing else is really encouraged, feel the problem is somewhat connected to forced weaponskills.

Looking at it i kinda hate the whole combat/class system.

When i started out playing my necro i was excited to get lichform when i got it i saw to my horror that it was the same as the rest pop lich form spam autoattack.

Basharic.1654

I wish folks would stop saying ANET removed the trinity. The roles are still there and your group is often more effective for utilizing those roles.

The change ANET made was to reduce the reliance on specific classes by allowing all classes the ability to play all the roles to varying degrees, which in turn made for more hybrid roles, and they also made it so you could run in ‘everyone take care of themselves’ mode. These are great changes, imo.

Perhaps if the game had more challenging content folks would be forced into re-learning how to play as a group/team instead of just running around in ‘everyone for themselves’ mode while pretending that the game doesn’t have decent group synergy options.

The thing that always tickles me is ArenaNet really did choose the hard road here. What do you think is easier to design?

Building a boss who only ever has to directly deal with tanks from 2-4 class types. Because, unless you have a back-up tank in your party, tank death usually means a wipe.

OR

Building a boss who can present a challenge to a team of 5 players made up of any flavor of 8 professions. All of which are capable of at least briefly tanking it’s damage or avoiding it completely. AND picking up defeated pleayers.

I’m all for faulting ArenaNet for poor boss design. I think many of the bosses at launch were badly done. World dragons/bosses are the absolute worst of these. But I’m willing to give ArenaNet time to adjust to how well we players can work their combat system.
The reason I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt is that they DO have some interesting and tough bosses in game, and every revamp of mobs they have done has added skills and abilities to them.

For example did anyone of us give a second thought to fighting Veteran Risen Acolytes before their buff? Now how many players avoid them completely?

The 5 man content we’ve seen from living story has all been plenty interesting (re MF and AR), even if it wasn’t always the most challenging. I think we as players often forget how bloody difficult it is to bring something genuinely good consistently to market.

Mesket.5728

The thing that always tickles me is ArenaNet really did choose the hard road here. What do you think is easier to design?

Building a boss who only ever has to directly deal with tanks from 2-4 class types. Because, unless you have a back-up tank in your party, tank death usually means a wipe.

OR

Building a boss who can present a challenge to a team of 5 players made up of any flavor of 8 professions. All of which are capable of at least briefly tanking it’s damage or avoiding it completely. AND picking up defeated pleayers.

I’m all for faulting ArenaNet for poor boss design. I think many of the bosses at launch were badly done. World dragons/bosses are the absolute worst of these. But I’m willing to give ArenaNet time to adjust to how well we players can work their combat system.
The reason I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt is that they DO have some interesting and tough bosses in game, and every revamp of mobs they have done has added skills and abilities to them.

For example did anyone of us give a second thought to fighting Veteran Risen Acolytes before their buff? Now how many players avoid them completely?

The 5 man content we’ve seen from living story has all been plenty interesting (re MF and AR), even if it wasn’t always the most challenging. I think we as players often forget how bloody difficult it is to bring something genuinely good consistently to market.

When a designer decides to increase difficulty by increasing the damage and number of mobs… you cannot defend them saying they are not taking the easy way out.

They had an idea,… people didn’t get it and started complaining on the forums and content was nerfed to the ground. What we have now? trivialized content that 5 monkeys on zerk gear stacking together can complete one handed. So… they are clearly taking the easy way out.

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

Dodge is great, it’s failure is in making it rely on endurance. Take off restrictions on using it and have more reasons to dodge. Make fights more interactive. Rather than “Oh I dodged two red circles, now I face tank until I can dodge again.”

No, that would make all of the content extremely trivial. Dodging in GW2 makes you auto-immune to damage. If you dodge TOWARDS an enemy who is swinging their sword at you you won’t get hit no matter what. You can even dodge through fire without getting hit. Removing the endurance would let you dodge infinitely allowing you to never get hit.

Right now it’s about conserving your dodges for the bigger hits.

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

If Anet can give this game more in the way of forcing you to cooperate with each other that would be greakittens

not my idea of fun to just be part of a dps zerg taking down boss’s with little to no effort other than the spamming of a button.

Hell half the time in this game you cant even tell wtf is going on because there so many people and so many effects going that the boss is literally gone and replaced by a mass of flames and other effects. It is literally impossible to see if a boss is winding up for a special move or anything else for that matter…. not that it matters in the first place if they are because it wont do anything lol.

Trinity, not so good.

Gw2 style… could be good but its not. yet anyways.

Mesket.5728

Dodge is great, it’s failure is in making it rely on endurance. Take off restrictions on using it and have more reasons to dodge. Make fights more interactive. Rather than “Oh I dodged two red circles, now I face tank until I can dodge again.”

Because things like Vigor will poison you to death right?

You would be surprised how easy the game becomes when you start using buffs like that one.

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

^ like vigor on crit.

Game is overly simple and too easy. The combat style is better than trinity. But its implementation is not.

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

If you do nothing but press 1 and dodge, you’re doing it wrong. Most of the people who are whining, about how easy everything is, never even been to any dungeons past cof p1/p2 or fotm 20+.
Even if 1 + dodge would be the case, that would be one more action than you need to do in the situation of trinity.

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

He’s probably talking about PvE, but I’d still say he’s either a PvP’er who likes to talk down on PvE, or just ignorant.

What? The only pvp i play is WvW first off. Second, DEFIANT. You cant use interrupt or any other cc. They are rendered useless.

The only ignorant person here is YOU. Stop blindly defending everything Anet does. It doesnt help improve the game.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

The problem, I think, is that most PvE encounters can, no, probably should be accomplished with great inefficiency, and that is the sad thing there.

There is also the fact that classes aren’t reliably balanced in dishing out the trinity combination ANet set up: control, support, and damage. Well, let’s just focus on the two, since damage directly influences your success chances. Most classes may have viable but very, very selfish damage options that honestly do not compare much with classes that have supporty yet still very damaging options.

If PvE could be designed like PvP, well, you’d see other classes become viable again. But in reality, it’s nearly impossible to create such scenarios since it requires massive scripting and server load for each individual enemy AI.

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

No need trinity in any game aspect.

rjnemer.7816

If you do nothing but press 1 and dodge, you’re doing it wrong. Most of the people who are whining, about how easy everything is, never even been to any dungeons past cof p1/p2 or fotm 20+.
Even if 1 + dodge would be the case, that would be one more action than you need to do in the situation of trinity.

I do fotm 48 everyday and i speed clear Arah. Let me tell you, neither is hard. Its just stack in a corner and stack might so you kill whatever it is faster then it kills you.

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Stop blindly defending everything Anet does. It doesnt help improve the game.

You’re adorable. I don’t defend ANet from everything, and definitely not blindly on anything that I might. I’m simply accusing you of being a bad who thinks PvE is easy because he crawls through dungeons/fractals in full clerics gear.

If PvE is so easy you can just smash 1 over and over to win; can I see your lupi solo? Maybe some full run videos?

rjnemer.7816

Stop blindly defending everything Anet does. It doesnt help improve the game.

You’re adorable. I don’t defend ANet from everything, and definitely not blindly on anything that I might. I’m simply accusing you of being a bad who thinks PvE is easy because he crawls through dungeons/fractals in full clerics gear.

If PvE is so easy you can just smash 1 over and over to win; can I see your lupi solo? Maybe some full run videos?

Who the hell runs clerics? I run full zerker on my theif and guardian. Who said anything about crawling? I just said SPEED CLEAR, didnt i?

What does soloing lupi have to do with anything? Do i get some great reward for doing it? Otherwise why would i waste my time doing that?

Also, what does this have anything to do with the topic? Im saying the “hardest” content is easy, while you are telling me it isnt. Who is the baddy?

(edited by rjnemer.7816)

The Mexican Cookie.3690

What does soloing lupi have to do with anything? Do i get some great reward for doing it? Otherwise why would i waste my time doing that?

Because it shows that you aren’t a bad. If you’re going to call PvE easy, you should at least be able to solo a boss like Lupi. You’re just another ‘good enough is good enough’ poser.

I can call the ‘hardest’ content easy, I’ve done it all faster than 99.99% of other players. Even with 4 players, I don’t find it difficult. Thing is, I can do the content with 1-4 players as well. Can you? You probably don’t try, Lupicus is scary I guess.

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)

JDGumby.7685

OR

They chose the easy road: gave bosses craptons of health, virtual immunity to control, and made them AOE hit hard enough on regular attacks to kill anyone in two missed dodges (maybe three if you’re a Warrior that concentrated on Toughness & Vitality over all else). Add in the occasional gimmick (such as having to separate Ralena and Vassar) so that people can claim that you need strategy and that’s it.

rjnemer.7816

Because it shows that you aren’t a bad. If you’re going to call PvE easy, you should at least be able to solo a boss like Lupi. You’re just another ‘good enough is good enough’ poser.

Facepalm So you need video proof of me doing ONE thing in the game, that is just going to be me smacking a boss and dodging for 20 mins just to prove the point that the game is to easy?

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Facepalm So you need video proof of me doing ONE thing in the game, that is just going to be me smacking a boss and dodging for 20 mins just to prove the point that the game is to easy?

It takes you 20 minutes? Thanks for proving that you’re a bad. I’ll leave you alone now.

rjnemer.7816

It takes you 20 minutes? Thanks for proving that you’re a bad. I’ll leave you alone now.

kitten man. Im throwing in the towel. It takes me 20 mins to kill ONE boss by myself in ONE dungeon. I mean its not meant for 5 people right? Cause when i do it with a team it takes roughly 15-20 seconds.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

It wouldn’t be better, if that were actually how GW2 is played, which it isn’t, unless you are stupid enough to play it that way.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Basharic.1654

OR

When a designer decides to increase difficulty by increasing the damage and number of mobs… you cannot defend them saying they are not taking the easy way out.

They had an idea,… people didn’t get it and started complaining on the forums and content was nerfed to the ground. What we have now? trivialized content that 5 monkeys on zerk gear stacking together can complete one handed. So… they are clearly taking the easy way out.

I disagree.

You can’t just point to CoF and use it for an example of everything in the game. It’s the easiest of the easy.

I’d like to see a zerker team burn down Ghost Eater. I do believe a good zerk team could do it in one and definitely two traps. But they ain’t doing it by ignoring the mechanics.

AC is the only dungeon that has been redone to date. Molten facility wasn’t designed to be that hard but I still have my doubts about zerkers one-handing it. Same for AR.

Out in the open world we have all manner of mobs getting more abilities, especially in Orr. To the point where certain events were broken because of them. One new ability from risen nobles single handedly shut down Warmaster Chan for months. Arenanet is still at it too, somewhere in the recent past Risen Ravagers were updated to throw down chaos storm. REGULAR Risen Ravagers I might add.

I think once they start to get a good handle on how well players are using the combat system and some time to work out proper challenges, we are going to see some very interesting things.

Posted by: Lydell.8713

Lydell.8713

I can call the ‘hardest’ content easy, I’ve done it all faster than 99.99% of other players. Even with 4 players, I don’t find it difficult. Thing is, I can do the content with 1-4 players as well. Can you? You probably don’t try, Lupicus is scary I guess.

You sound awesome, please, tell me more.

What have we here? People farming dungeons in zerker so much that they know them by heart, then complaining that the stuff is too easy? Cute.

No roles? I’m a guardian and I beg to differ. But then again, I don’t limit myself to dungeons running and to zerker gear.

Trinity is better? Been there, done that to death, not looking forward to going back to it.

The game was challenging at launch. I remember my first AC, story mode and it took us a bit. But then you do it again and again, and you acquire better gear and knowledge of your class, and it becomes easy. Same kitten than with any other mmo. Now it’s up to Anet to offer us more challenge and fun, but that doesn’t mean we need yet another boohoo of the week post.

-Blackgate-

digiowl.9620

^ like vigor on crit.

Game is overly simple and too easy. The combat style is better than trinity. But its implementation is not.

That may be another issue, the number of traits and runes that have on crit procs.

This means that you can run zerker and still get various benefits because you can drive the crit chance so high it becomes your new normal. Hell, just look at the mess that was life steal on crit food. It made GS warriors outperform necromancers life steal.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

kitten man. Im throwing in the towel. It takes me 20 mins to kill ONE boss by myself in ONE dungeon. I mean its not meant for 5 people right? Cause when i do it with a team it takes roughly 15-20 seconds.

That’d basically mean you do 1/60 of the damage your 5 men team does.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I think it makes it more difficult to create encounters that encourages people to bring a spec that isn’t DPS. There really isn’t much beyond needing DPS.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.