Is Stealth Resp.4 many quitting the game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Q:

Thief Stealth-
having no possibly way to counter or evade; which only leaves you Vulnerable and to use your “Creative Imagination” to Determine where they are or might be.

Requirements and Experience- None is needed, 0% Cooldown———

At the Beginning, they set the Stage for the Fight

Near the End, they Stealth & Reset the Fight

In the End,
in Stealth; they Decide if you should Live or Die

Is Stealth Responsible for many qutiting the game?

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

What’s Stealth Responsible?

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Of all the ‘I Quit’ threads that I have read, I can’t remember most of them, or even a majority of them, posting that stealth was the reason they were quitting……so, no.

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

When will this forum give thief a break?

Stealth isnt hard to counter blah blah repetitive blah.

It makes me laugh that in a game where positioning and reactive skill are biggest determining skill factors, someone that allows themselves to be jumped and burst down by a roaming gank thief instantly blames the games balance.

Even though a main of mine is a thief, id be kind of glad to see it nerfed into the ground so hard any kind of build or role apart from venoms isnt viable.

Then maybe some people will give the OP threads a kittening rest….. Oh no… Wait, a topic then opens up about venom thiefs bursting down someone before immob runs runs out so obviously is OP. /sarc over.

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

Yep you figured it out

The game would be better if stealth just turned you bright green

Thieves suck

;)

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

~ poor design choices for future content (please no more dungeons)
~ poor decisions regarding the availability of loot (because if we don’t really have great content they we could at least farm right? wrong) DR being the biggest issue
~ bad decisions with balance
~ the enormous number of bugs/design flaws in the three weakest classes
~ class favoritism (Guild Warriors 2)
~ not enough minigames with prizes
~ not enough permanent DE’s or permanent metas
~ no LFG tool
~ the wait time for meta’s and the time it takes to run dungeons.

Think that sums it up.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

It is not a reason I quit playing, but it is a reason I don’t sPvP much anymore. When I do sPvP (usually because friends want to and ask me to come along) and I die to stealth, I just remind myself that I did not die because of lack of skill, but due to a game mechanic being poorly implemented.

Thanks.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

~ poor design choices for future content (please no more dungeons)
~ poor decisions regarding the availability of loot (because if we don’t really have great content they we could at least farm right? wrong) DR being the biggest issue
~ bad decisions with balance
~ the enormous number of bugs/design flaws in the three weakest classes
~ class favoritism (Guild Warriors 2)
~ not enough minigames with prizes
~ not enough permanent DE’s or permanent metas
~ no LFG tool
~ the wait time for meta’s and the time it takes to run dungeons.

Think that sums it up.

this
class favoritism (Guild Warriors 2), since beta i been telling this and in countless time they infract me or delete my thread like they always do. i dont know if i need to prove me something in this game or im just hate the way they screw the Guild wars name.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Posted by: Tsubaki.8732

Tsubaki.8732

Thief Stealth-
having no possibly way to counter or evade; which only leaves you Vulnerable and to use your “Creative Imagination” to Determine where they are or might be.

Requirements and Experience- None is needed, 0% Cooldown———

At the Beginning, they set the Stage for the Fight

Near the End, they Stealth & Reset the Fight

In the End,
in Stealth; they Decide if you should Live or Die

Is Stealth Responsible for many qutiting the game?

Just give it a rest. Thieves have been nerfed enough, right now they are good at exactly ONE thing: killing players who do not know how to handle stealth. At everything else, they are bad – even at the one thing they really SHOULD be good at, single target burst damage, other classes easily beat them.

I have seen more THIEF PLAYERS quit because of what the thief class is like than players of other classes.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I beat thieves in SPvP quite regularly. Occasionally they beat me, but one on one, I usually win. So no I don’t think this is a reason people leave.

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Oh My God, you’re right! The problem all along has been that people need to think in order to counter Stealth … and that’s just too much effort! Nobody is leaving the game because some thief stole your teddy bear and smacked you upside the head with it.

You think Thieves take no skill to play? Go try one out for a bit; PvE that girl up to around level 40 and then tell me how overpowered she is.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: Godorn.2931

Godorn.2931

Can’t answer the question for the OP as far as others are concerned.

GW2 did handle the thief poorly IMO and is one the reasons I barley log on to this game.

IMO, its a huge mistake to combine stealth, high damage, and high escapability. They took it further by not adding a long CD time on stealth.

I’m just not a fan of this model of massive burst and garbage healing. Downed state and dodging is just not my cup of tea in regard to mitigation.

Tack on Ascend gear, bad drop rate, and meh dungeons = I don’t log on much and don’t really care about this game anymore.

When I saw the necessity of the warrior to use ranged weapon in zerg fights I knew the pvp was a joke.

Posted by: Pukknub.7368

Pukknub.7368

Poor design for pvp in my opinion. It should be some way to counter stealth. I think the pvp would be more fun if stealth didn’t exist at all. In other games you might have some spells that detects stealth, passive or items. But as many already said, no counter here.

Pukknub
Proud member of Velocity [VcY]

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

A: No.

Want a longer answer? Nooooooooooooooooooo.

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I think stealth is alright on its own, but I think when it’s traited, it might be too potent.

And Heartseeker into the pistol smoke field is dumb.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

LOL stealth in spvp? You’re joking right? You can’t even contest points in stealth, stealth heavy builds in spvp are not nearly as powerful in WvW. Add to the fact that the damage is generally a lot less in spvp and revealed lasts 4s.

If I were to quit spvp because of a class, it would be tank/healway guardian. Being able to tank 3 people for that long until reinforcements can respawn and run all the way back is lame.

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

At first before I roll as a thief, I think thief is OP. But after I roll one, thief is the most pitiful class in gw2.

Reason:
Almost all thief traits (minor and major) works only in stealth.
Major and minor traits which support venom, trap, etc is underpowered.
(make only 1 or 2 viable build available)

What should be done for thief: remake from scratch (which will take a lot of time).
Thief should be like a rogue in WoW. Have surprise attack at beginning of the fight, have single/two stealth to escape from fight; in fight, they rely on condition, back attack, and control (blind, daze, chain (immobilize)).

(edited by deviller.9135)

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

The only reason anyone would quit over stealth is because they constantly get killed by thieves (a.k.a ASSASSINs)…

Stealth is NOT the problem, its the speed that a thief inflicts the damage that’s the problem…a thief can take someone from 25,000 health to less than 5,000 just like that (snaps fingers)…at that point any skilful thief is not going to lose in a 1v1…just to add insult to injury when you enter your downed state they can stealth and finish you off with impunity, because you can’t target the thief…

So in short anyone attacked in 1v1 with a thief has a very, very small time when your on 5000 health or less to 0 health off mounting a defense, majority of the time your dead…

I would make 1 change to thieves, make the damage they do with there most devastating attacks take longer…so the victim has more chance to defend/fight back…

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

Theives are horrible in WvW zergs and PvE so nothing to complain about. If people complain about Spvp they can simply make a theif and jump into Spvp to see how people counter theives. Experience is key…Good luck and see you guys with my lvl 2 theif in Spvp lol

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)